Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. 17:31 - Nov 17 with 5877 viewslifelong

1. Saw a woman being booked, by a Council Warden, in St Mary's Square, for throwing down a cigarette end. £50 fine (apparently).

2. The German sausages in the stall in Oxford Street are a bit overpriced but delicious.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 12:24 - Nov 19 with 1189 viewsCatullus

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 12:15 - Nov 19 by skippyjack

You mean these youngsters driving around in £12,000+ cars in McDonald's.. Tesco's etc.. I've seen suited up Audi drivers.. I've seen it a thousand of times.. they're the skilled lot..

I don't care what cars they drive, or what clothes they wear. It's irrelevant, they could be street sweepers or government ministers, if they litter our streets they all fall into the same category, which is " scummy, scruffy, lazy and/or selfish b4st4rds"

Or any combination of those.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 15:52 - Nov 19 with 1141 viewscontroversial_jack

As if not dropping the occasional fag nip 9is suddenly going to transform Swansea into a world class city
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:29 - Nov 19 with 1102 viewsStarsky

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 15:52 - Nov 19 by controversial_jack

As if not dropping the occasional fag nip 9is suddenly going to transform Swansea into a world class city

It'll make the pavements much nicer to look at.
If you're not bothered, let them drop them in your front or rear garden!
After all, it's only the occasional fag end.

It's just the internet, init.

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:48 - Nov 19 with 1080 viewsLeonisGod

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 10:51 - Nov 19 by jack_lord

Why do people put their chewing gum into urinals?

They're being very thoughtful if you ask me. I always know where to look when I run out of gum. And the taste's not as bad as you'd expect, after the first few chews.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 11:11 - Nov 20 with 1014 viewscontroversial_jack

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:29 - Nov 19 by Starsky

It'll make the pavements much nicer to look at.
If you're not bothered, let them drop them in your front or rear garden!
After all, it's only the occasional fag end.

I wouldn't think of fining someone £60 for doing it. It wouldn't be enforceable anyway, just like the wardens can't
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 12:16 - Nov 20 with 996 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:05 - Nov 17 by Catullus

I see people (every day) ignoring signs and bins. I even see people right next to bins use the floor instead.
I walk past McDonalds (Castle square) a few days a week, there are plenty of bins but you have to practically wade through the rubbish.
Better parenting would help, but the parents are often worse than the kids.

Better Grandparenting then!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 12:19 - Nov 20 with 996 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:45 - Nov 17 by acejack3065

Only if Russel Brand plucks up the courage to lead us before he is killed off by The Man.

It will be a struggle to fit in any revolution for him, what with his sh*gging commitments etc

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 12:25 - Nov 20 with 992 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 08:23 - Nov 18 by Ponderosa

I was in the city centre on Saturday for the first time in about a year. The market was busy and brilliantly vibrant as ever, but the rest of it looked like a sh*thole. How many 99p/£1/Saver stores does Oxford Street need? Plenty of bookies too. Sad.

I've heard that there is a 95p shop on its way

Login to get fewer ads

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 12:26 - Nov 20 with 991 viewsSenhin

Jesus... Why are there so many posts that can't see that he was saying dropping litter makes the person scruffy, regardless of who they are or how nicely they are dressed, and that he wasn't having a go at the lower classes saying they are the only ones who do it...

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 15:25 - Nov 20 with 961 viewsacejack3065

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 12:19 - Nov 20 by Brynmill_Jack

It will be a struggle to fit in any revolution for him, what with his sh*gging commitments etc

And his well paid movie and TV career. He does come across as desperate to seem intelligent and that really is rather sad when you think about it.

He told young people not to vote and the political classes absolutely love the prospect of not having to be held accountable to another large section of society that they are already happy shafting. W*nker.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 15:29 - Nov 20 with 957 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 15:25 - Nov 20 by acejack3065

And his well paid movie and TV career. He does come across as desperate to seem intelligent and that really is rather sad when you think about it.

He told young people not to vote and the political classes absolutely love the prospect of not having to be held accountable to another large section of society that they are already happy shafting. W*nker.

Unless he means to overthrow the whole stinking political class in this country and restart democracy . I'm with him in that case

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 15:29 - Nov 20 with 957 viewsStarsky

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 11:11 - Nov 20 by controversial_jack

I wouldn't think of fining someone £60 for doing it. It wouldn't be enforceable anyway, just like the wardens can't

What price would you fine then?
Or don't you care?

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 16:34 - Nov 20 with 929 viewsClinton

Another observation from today. I was down SA1 and amazed at the number of people out celebrating beaujolais day.
Nowhere else celebrates it much nowadays as far as I know.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 20:11 - Nov 20 with 901 viewsPhil_S

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 10:12 - Nov 19 by jacksinceever

Well if I saw a lad or lass in Armani, D&b, or any other designer clothes (the proper ones not knock-off), I'd not expect them to be described as scruffy.
Doesn't mean they aren't just as likely to drop litter, cigarette ends, etc, does it?

Probably not but the fact that they drop the litter makes them scruffy!
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 20:46 - Nov 20 with 882 viewsacejack3065

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 15:29 - Nov 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Unless he means to overthrow the whole stinking political class in this country and restart democracy . I'm with him in that case

Would you want him to lead the revolution though? I certainly wouldn't.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 21:52 - Nov 20 with 855 viewsStarsky

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 16:34 - Nov 20 by Clinton

Another observation from today. I was down SA1 and amazed at the number of people out celebrating beaujolais day.
Nowhere else celebrates it much nowadays as far as I know.

It's not a celebration. It's an excuse for middle aged businessmen to go on the lash all day.

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 22:34 - Nov 20 with 833 viewswestside

enforcement officers should target drivers throwing fag ends out of their vehicle windows
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 23:29 - Nov 20 with 822 viewsacejack3065

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 22:34 - Nov 20 by westside

enforcement officers should target drivers throwing fag ends out of their vehicle windows

How on earth would that even be enforced? Officers running after cars?
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 00:40 - Nov 21 with 799 viewsLeonisGod

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 23:29 - Nov 20 by acejack3065

How on earth would that even be enforced? Officers running after cars?

If people accidently drop their fag end out of the window, it's only right to be kind and throw it back to them.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 13:58 - Nov 21 with 737 viewscontroversial_jack

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:24 - Nov 17 by acejack3065

Has anyone had a fine from those monkeys and argued the toss with them?

They can't detain you so if you walk on they would have to submit their evidence and issue the fine through the magistrates court. I wonder if they do actually go through the arse ache of it...

How can they do that if they don't know your identity?
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:50 - Nov 21 with 705 viewsPhil_S

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 21:52 - Nov 20 by Starsky

It's not a celebration. It's an excuse for middle aged businessmen to go on the lash all day.

Didn't it used to be a day for 'networking' now it is an excuse for anyone to go out in the afternoon and get pi$sed!
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 00:44 - Nov 22 with 651 viewsStarsky

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:50 - Nov 21 by Phil_S

Didn't it used to be a day for 'networking' now it is an excuse for anyone to go out in the afternoon and get pi$sed!

Networking?
I haven't heard that word since 1998

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:51 - Nov 26 with 578 viewsacejack3065

This might suggest that walking away from those wardens probably isn't the best course of action after all...

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Dropped-butt-lands-smoker-pound-450/stor
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 00:19 - Nov 28 with 521 viewscontroversial_jack

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:51 - Nov 26 by acejack3065

This might suggest that walking away from those wardens probably isn't the best course of action after all...

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Dropped-butt-lands-smoker-pound-450/stor

It's not an offence to not give your details to the enforcement officers.They are employees of a private company, not police officers.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 00:32 - Nov 28 with 514 viewsacejack3065

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 00:19 - Nov 28 by controversial_jack

It's not an offence to not give your details to the enforcement officers.They are employees of a private company, not police officers.

"Wilson must pay a fine of £200, costs of £235.66 and a victim surcharge of £20 in respect of two offences under Sections 87 and 88B of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.

He breached those sections by dropping his cigarette on the floor and then by failing to provide his details when he was asked to do so by the authorised officer."

The article expressly mentions that failing to proved details breaches either Section 87 or S88B of the environmental protection act 1990. That's an offence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024