Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. 17:31 - Nov 17 with 5863 viewslifelong

1. Saw a woman being booked, by a Council Warden, in St Mary's Square, for throwing down a cigarette end. £50 fine (apparently).

2. The German sausages in the stall in Oxford Street are a bit overpriced but delicious.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 17:40 - Nov 17 with 2221 viewsfbreath

Was in Cardiff yesterday and walking back to the car park near the train station after watching the Wales game in a pub near the Castle and wardens were booking cars in short term parking areas even at that time of night.

German sausage in Cardiff Outdoor Christmas Market £4.50

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:24 - Nov 17 with 2146 viewsacejack3065

Has anyone had a fine from those monkeys and argued the toss with them?

They can't detain you so if you walk on they would have to submit their evidence and issue the fine through the magistrates court. I wonder if they do actually go through the arse ache of it...
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:26 - Nov 17 with 2136 viewsJackfath

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:24 - Nov 17 by acejack3065

Has anyone had a fine from those monkeys and argued the toss with them?

They can't detain you so if you walk on they would have to submit their evidence and issue the fine through the magistrates court. I wonder if they do actually go through the arse ache of it...

It's easier not to smoke, even easier to stay away from the abortion that is Swansea City centre.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:28 - Nov 17 with 2136 viewsacejack3065

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:26 - Nov 17 by Jackfath

It's easier not to smoke, even easier to stay away from the abortion that is Swansea City centre.

Its not easer to not smoke when you're addicted.

These littler nazis are another little unpleasant addition to our dying city centre.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:31 - Nov 17 with 2125 viewsJackfath

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:28 - Nov 17 by acejack3065

Its not easer to not smoke when you're addicted.

These littler nazis are another little unpleasant addition to our dying city centre.

On the contrary I would prefer them making sure the smokers don't litter the streets with their fag ends. For some reason smokers seem to think they have a right to throw these wherever they are.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:39 - Nov 17 with 2113 viewsacejack3065

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:31 - Nov 17 by Jackfath

On the contrary I would prefer them making sure the smokers don't litter the streets with their fag ends. For some reason smokers seem to think they have a right to throw these wherever they are.

I would also appreciate it if people, including smokers, didn't litter the streets. However having "enforcement officers" patrolling the city centre issuing fixed penalty notices in public is an overzealous and authoritarian solution to a public hygiene problem
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:43 - Nov 17 with 2095 viewsJackfath

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:39 - Nov 17 by acejack3065

I would also appreciate it if people, including smokers, didn't litter the streets. However having "enforcement officers" patrolling the city centre issuing fixed penalty notices in public is an overzealous and authoritarian solution to a public hygiene problem

What would you suggest is a better solution?

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:51 - Nov 17 with 2080 viewsacejack3065

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:43 - Nov 17 by Jackfath

More bins, signs, cleaners and better parenting.
Login to get fewer ads

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:52 - Nov 17 with 2071 viewsCatullus

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:43 - Nov 17 by Jackfath

I ask the same question.

When people litter the environment because they are too selfish and lazy to consider others......or the environment itself, I don't think there's much choice.

It's not overzealous or authoritarian, that would be having them arrested and locked up!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:55 - Nov 17 with 2059 viewsJackfath

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:51 - Nov 17 by acejack3065

More bins, signs, cleaners and better parenting.

How does one deliver "better parenting"?
If more bins are purchased does this mean they will be used?
How will more signs influence the levels of litter?
If more cleaners are employed would the attitude of litter bugs alter?

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:59 - Nov 17 with 2048 viewsDyfnant

The fine should double each time the scruffy pricks are caught

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:01 - Nov 17 with 2043 viewsacejack3065

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:52 - Nov 17 by Catullus

I ask the same question.

When people litter the environment because they are too selfish and lazy to consider others......or the environment itself, I don't think there's much choice.

It's not overzealous or authoritarian, that would be having them arrested and locked up!

The protection of the environment isn't the issue. Fining people for littering is going to have as good as no effect on environmental protection.

I would definitely argue that having people patrolling the city centre wearing CCTV cameras, issuing fines is at least unsettling from a civil liberties point of view. They remind me of the "fingermen" in V for Vendetta.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:03 - Nov 17 with 2038 viewslifelong

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:55 - Nov 17 by Jackfath

There is a bin positioned within 20 yards of where the said fag end was deposited.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:04 - Nov 17 with 2030 viewsJackfath

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:03 - Nov 17 by lifelong

There is a bin positioned within 20 yards of where the said fag end was deposited.

One should have been placed nearer to her.

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:05 - Nov 17 with 2033 viewsCatullus

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:55 - Nov 17 by Jackfath

I see people (every day) ignoring signs and bins. I even see people right next to bins use the floor instead.
I walk past McDonalds (Castle square) a few days a week, there are plenty of bins but you have to practically wade through the rubbish.
Better parenting would help, but the parents are often worse than the kids.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:09 - Nov 17 with 2023 viewsacejack3065

The same way we do when we try and alter any public behaviour. If its become such a problem and not a moneymaking scheme then invest in education.

Various local authorities have found that increased bins means less litter.
http://www.waste-management-world.com/articles/2010/09/more-bins-for-london-unde
http://www.chesterfield.gov.uk/Latest-News/Bigger-bins-mean-fewer-butts-14-1532.

Signs have always been used to increase public awareness. In this case increase the awareness of bin locations, environmental and financial consequences, or even the possibility of a fine.

The amount of cleaners is of no relevance to the attitudes of those who drop litter. More cleaners would mean a cleaner environment, which is a good thing if the environment is really your concern.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:12 - Nov 17 with 2010 viewsJackfath

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:09 - Nov 17 by acejack3065

The same way we do when we try and alter any public behaviour. If its become such a problem and not a moneymaking scheme then invest in education.

Various local authorities have found that increased bins means less litter.
http://www.waste-management-world.com/articles/2010/09/more-bins-for-london-unde
http://www.chesterfield.gov.uk/Latest-News/Bigger-bins-mean-fewer-butts-14-1532.

Signs have always been used to increase public awareness. In this case increase the awareness of bin locations, environmental and financial consequences, or even the possibility of a fine.

The amount of cleaners is of no relevance to the attitudes of those who drop litter. More cleaners would mean a cleaner environment, which is a good thing if the environment is really your concern.

I think it's cheaper to employ a few wardens to fine the chavs than go through all the palava you outline.

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:17 - Nov 17 with 2004 viewsacejack3065

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:12 - Nov 17 by Jackfath

I think it's cheaper to employ a few wardens to fine the chavs than go through all the palava you outline.

Financially it's going to be an appealing answer for the local authority, ive no doubt.

I'm arguing about the effect it has on our society.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:25 - Nov 17 with 1988 viewslonglostjack

The Government should introduce a chewing gum tax.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:26 - Nov 17 with 1976 viewsJackfath

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:17 - Nov 17 by acejack3065

Financially it's going to be an appealing answer for the local authority, ive no doubt.

I'm arguing about the effect it has on our society.

Society is broken. I am not sure whether it will ever be fixed. Certainly not in my lifetime.

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:28 - Nov 17 with 1974 viewsacejack3065

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:26 - Nov 17 by Jackfath

Society is broken. I am not sure whether it will ever be fixed. Certainly not in my lifetime.

As Rage Against the Machine once sung "take the power back".
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:29 - Nov 17 with 1964 viewsJackfath

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:28 - Nov 17 by acejack3065

As Rage Against the Machine once sung "take the power back".

Is the country ripe for a revolution?

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:32 - Nov 17 with 1962 viewsGowerjack

I blame the teachers.

There is no respect for anything or anyone nowadays.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:33 - Nov 17 with 1953 viewsJackfath

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:32 - Nov 17 by Gowerjack

I blame the teachers.

There is no respect for anything or anyone nowadays.

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:45 - Nov 17 with 1930 viewsacejack3065

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:29 - Nov 17 by Jackfath

Is the country ripe for a revolution?

Only if Russel Brand plucks up the courage to lead us before he is killed off by The Man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024