Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. 17:31 - Nov 17 with 5860 viewslifelong

1. Saw a woman being booked, by a Council Warden, in St Mary's Square, for throwing down a cigarette end. £50 fine (apparently).

2. The German sausages in the stall in Oxford Street are a bit overpriced but delicious.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:46 - Nov 17 with 1321 viewsJackfath

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:45 - Nov 17 by acejack3065

Only if Russel Brand plucks up the courage to lead us before he is killed off by The Man.

You're the second person I've spoken to recently who's mentioned Mr Brand as becoming a leader people could believe in. Interesting.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:49 - Nov 17 with 1318 viewsacejack3065

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:46 - Nov 17 by Jackfath

You're the second person I've spoken to recently who's mentioned Mr Brand as becoming a leader people could believe in. Interesting.

I was being ironic. Anyone who actively encourages people not to vote because the system is broken is a moron.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 20:57 - Nov 17 with 1277 viewsdickythorpe

Brand has written a book recently, but surely its all idealistic and pie in the sky.....or is he someone we should elect?
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 21:57 - Nov 17 with 1243 viewsVetchitBack

Brand is an egotistical idiot. He's a rich man's Nev Wilshere.

It works in comedy but it's embarrassing when he talks politics. He's a caricature of a hip left-liberal

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 22:10 - Nov 17 with 1221 viewsDyfnant

They should ban fags in the UK immediately. Stick a tax on nicotine substitutes to cover the loss of income and everyone's a winner

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 22:23 - Nov 17 with 1213 viewsjacksinceever

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:43 - Nov 17 by Jackfath

What would you suggest is a better solution?

One solution would be to re-employ all the thousands of workers sacked from doing jobs such as picking up litter, emptying bins and generally keeping the place tidy
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 23:08 - Nov 17 with 1190 viewsacejack3065

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 22:10 - Nov 17 by Dyfnant

They should ban fags in the UK immediately. Stick a tax on nicotine substitutes to cover the loss of income and everyone's a winner

I've came across quite a novel idea which was a "forever ban". It was the concept that anyone born after the year 2000 for example, wouldn't be allowed to buy cigarettes. That would answer the problem.

Better yet, ban tobacco and legalise weed. You'd make back the tax you lost on tobacco in a day. Plus imagine all the tax you could raise on a 0.1% tax on delivered takeaway food after 11pm. The deficit would be gone.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 06:27 - Nov 18 with 1142 viewsdgt73

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:32 - Nov 17 by Gowerjack

I blame the teachers.

There is no respect for anything or anyone nowadays.

I 100% agree. The standard of teaching in public schools is appalling.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Login to get fewer ads

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 06:29 - Nov 18 with 1142 viewsdgt73

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:51 - Nov 17 by acejack3065

More bins, signs, cleaners and better parenting.

I agree, but there needs to be a stick approach, when the carrot fails.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 08:23 - Nov 18 with 1115 viewsPonderosa

I was in the city centre on Saturday for the first time in about a year. The market was busy and brilliantly vibrant as ever, but the rest of it looked like a sh*thole. How many 99p/£1/Saver stores does Oxford Street need? Plenty of bookies too. Sad.

Bring The Missus

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 09:21 - Nov 18 with 1091 viewsjohnlangy

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:31 - Nov 17 by Jackfath

On the contrary I would prefer them making sure the smokers don't litter the streets with their fag ends. For some reason smokers seem to think they have a right to throw these wherever they are.

100% correct. One of the sections of society that believes it's okay to just chuck their rubbish on the floor. I'd fine every single one of them.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 09:51 - Nov 18 with 1066 viewsUxbridge

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 08:23 - Nov 18 by Ponderosa

I was in the city centre on Saturday for the first time in about a year. The market was busy and brilliantly vibrant as ever, but the rest of it looked like a sh*thole. How many 99p/£1/Saver stores does Oxford Street need? Plenty of bookies too. Sad.

Is right.

The Market is awesome. Reason enough to pop in on a regularish basis. The rest? Not so much.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 11:42 - Nov 18 with 1036 viewsStarsky

I don't have a problem if folk want to smoke. I do have problem with them using my city as an ashtray.
Every time I want sit on a public bench I have to sit with my feet in a virtual ashtray.
Outside every shop entrance or pub is the same.
What's with car drivers throwing their fags out of the window?
Do they want keep their own car ashtray clean?
Amazing.

It's just the internet, init.

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 12:46 - Nov 18 with 1014 viewsSenhin

She could have not littered.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 14:54 - Nov 18 with 971 viewsskippyjack

F*cking it's just a fag end.. if they want to throw fags and risk a fine.. we've got bigger issues than fag ends.. smokers have been smoking for so long.. they just flick it without thinking.. that's what they've always done.. I bet when the pubs banned smoking.. in its first year.. people were sparking up in the pubs.. because they were use to it.. patience and time isn't in your vocabulary is it.. you shall serve a government who is f*cking you in the back passage.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 15:03 - Nov 18 with 952 viewsskippyjack

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 22:23 - Nov 17 by jacksinceever

One solution would be to re-employ all the thousands of workers sacked from doing jobs such as picking up litter, emptying bins and generally keeping the place tidy

Why would they do that mun? When they can make a profit.. plus they can get 'volunteers' (in other words slaves) to do it for free.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2014 12:06]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 16:47 - Nov 18 with 915 viewsjohnlangy

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:46 - Nov 17 by Jackfath

He wasn't serious surely.

I read a little of his 'Revolution' book in one of the paper reviews. It appeared to be written by someone desperate to sound intelligent and failing abysmally.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:12 - Nov 18 with 878 viewsFlashberryjack

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:59 - Nov 17 by Dyfnant

The fine should double each time the scruffy pricks are caught

Exactly .....dirty f*ckers.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 07:43 - Nov 19 with 793 viewsjacksinceever

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 18:59 - Nov 17 by Dyfnant

The fine should double each time the scruffy pricks are caught

Dropping litter is not limited to any age, creed, colour, class or demeanour.
Your post suggests that there is a certain type of people that drop litter. Oh that this were true.
Just as likely to see drivers of brand new Porsche, BMW, Lexus etc, in fancy suits dropping litter as those who 15 year old Vauxhalls or catch buses
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 10:07 - Nov 19 with 771 viewsDyfnant

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 07:43 - Nov 19 by jacksinceever

Dropping litter is not limited to any age, creed, colour, class or demeanour.
Your post suggests that there is a certain type of people that drop litter. Oh that this were true.
Just as likely to see drivers of brand new Porsche, BMW, Lexus etc, in fancy suits dropping litter as those who 15 year old Vauxhalls or catch buses

It's you reading something into it that isn't there, don't try to put words into my mouth thanks.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 10:12 - Nov 19 with 767 viewsjacksinceever

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 10:07 - Nov 19 by Dyfnant

It's you reading something into it that isn't there, don't try to put words into my mouth thanks.

Well if I saw a lad or lass in Armani, D&b, or any other designer clothes (the proper ones not knock-off), I'd not expect them to be described as scruffy.
Doesn't mean they aren't just as likely to drop litter, cigarette ends, etc, does it?
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 10:51 - Nov 19 with 752 viewsjack_lord

Why do people put their chewing gum into urinals?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 11:39 - Nov 19 with 738 viewsWarwickHunt

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 16:47 - Nov 18 by johnlangy

He wasn't serious surely.

I read a little of his 'Revolution' book in one of the paper reviews. It appeared to be written by someone desperate to sound intelligent and failing abysmally.

He's much funnier when he's trying to be serious than when he's trying to be funny.
A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 12:02 - Nov 19 with 724 viewsCatullus

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 19:01 - Nov 17 by acejack3065

The protection of the environment isn't the issue. Fining people for littering is going to have as good as no effect on environmental protection.

I would definitely argue that having people patrolling the city centre wearing CCTV cameras, issuing fines is at least unsettling from a civil liberties point of view. They remind me of the "fingermen" in V for Vendetta.

I don't mean the environment in ecological terms, I mean the environment we inhabit.

I certainly don't like having to wade through piles of windswept rubbish. neither do I like getting gum stuck to my clothes or shoes.
And I have slipped on rubbish and fallen, as have many, I'd care to bet.

You may find it unsettling, but if people behaved in a decent manner, we wouldn't need the wardens.
So blame it on the scummy, scruffy, selfish and lazy tw^ts that drop litter everywhere!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 12:15 - Nov 19 with 708 viewsskippyjack

A couple of observations from our City Centre today. on 12:02 - Nov 19 by Catullus

I don't mean the environment in ecological terms, I mean the environment we inhabit.

I certainly don't like having to wade through piles of windswept rubbish. neither do I like getting gum stuck to my clothes or shoes.
And I have slipped on rubbish and fallen, as have many, I'd care to bet.

You may find it unsettling, but if people behaved in a decent manner, we wouldn't need the wardens.
So blame it on the scummy, scruffy, selfish and lazy tw^ts that drop litter everywhere!

You mean these youngsters driving around in £12,000+ cars in McDonald's.. Tesco's etc.. I've seen suited up Audi drivers.. I've seen it a thousand of times.. they're the skilled lot..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024