Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whelan not a very nice person 22:35 - Nov 20 with 3321 viewsepaul

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Whelan not a very nice person on 17:59 - Nov 21 with 1030 viewspierre91

Whelan not a very nice person on 17:54 - Nov 21 by NOTRAC

If you considered that was serious I despair

....i have to admit that if I failed to get your "irony" then it's perhaps me that's at fault. Maybe you might consider making a little more clear. Still, it's the Internet after all, and instant responses work both ways.

Whatever.
Whelan not a very nice person on 18:05 - Nov 21 with 1020 viewsNOTRAC

Thank you.The quality of mercy is not strained.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Whelan not a very nice person on 18:11 - Nov 21 with 1007 viewsHighjack

Whelan not a very nice person on 17:41 - Nov 21 by NOTRAC

Perhaps now is the time to consider banning Shakespeare.After all it is probably his creation of the character Shylock in the Merchant of Venice , that still creates the idea that Jews love money.
After all Paddington Bear has recently come under scrutiny, why not Shakespeare?

I thought it was the guy who wrote the bible who started anti semitisim when he made top Jewish character 'Judas' sell his own messiah and good mate Jesus Christ for 30 pieces of silver. Pretty harsh considering Jesus washed his feet and gave him a lovely free supper about ten minutes before. What a bastard.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Whelan not a very nice person on 18:51 - Nov 21 with 976 viewslonglostjack

Whelan not a very nice person on 18:11 - Nov 21 by Highjack

I thought it was the guy who wrote the bible who started anti semitisim when he made top Jewish character 'Judas' sell his own messiah and good mate Jesus Christ for 30 pieces of silver. Pretty harsh considering Jesus washed his feet and gave him a lovely free supper about ten minutes before. What a bastard.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Whelan not a very nice person on 19:10 - Nov 21 with 959 viewsDafyddHuw

You don't get to be a multi-millionaire by being a nice person.
Whelan not a very nice person on 19:11 - Nov 21 with 958 viewsjack247

Whelan not a very nice person on 09:21 - Nov 21 by JethroJack

Can't see how he's done Milky McPie any favours at all, all he's done is reminded everyone about Milky's racist tendencies by showing he has plenty of his own. He's employed a new manager who might yet get a long ban from the FA. In fact, the outcome of the enquiry might even be influenced by Whelan stirring up the racism issues.

So, Milky could yet find himself on a lengthy ban from his new job.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2014 9:22]

He is doing McKay a favour, because all the fuss is now about Wigan having a racist chairman rather than a racist manager. He can now take charge of the team with a lot less pressure and attention than he would have had otherwise. Similar principle to when Chelsea play badly and Mourinho makes a spectacle out of himself or something trivial to divert the attention away from how his team played.

Whatever people think of Dave Whelan, he is not a stupid bloke.
Whelan not a very nice person on 19:16 - Nov 21 with 953 viewsymaohyd

Whelan not a very nice person on 17:27 - Nov 21 by perchrockjack

Wigan without Whelan would not exist .Its that simple.

I ve worked in Wigan and from the reports I heard and people I spoke to, he has a very dark past which is well buried.

He talks about JEWS enjoying making money. Whelan has virtually consigned people to a a living hell I the process of doing just that

Did people speculate what this dark past is?

I was about to post that contrary to Swans fans seeing him as a bit of a pantomime villain, I've always thought he was a good guy, whole hearted and has been incredible for Wigan.

I'll reserve judgement now though. Anyway I can't imagine someone as wholsome as Roberto being a close aquaintance to someone of poor character?!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Whelan not a very nice person on 19:26 - Nov 21 with 939 viewsexiledclaseboy

Whelan not a very nice person on 16:59 - Nov 21 by dobjack2

If someone makes a racist comment are they a racist?

Not necessarily. As with all things, context is everything. Whelan probably is. Most of that generation are. McKay? Who knows. I've sent texts to my mates which if read by someone who doesn't know us would undoubtedly have us condemned as racists.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Whelan not a very nice person on 19:40 - Nov 21 with 911 views3swan

Whelan not a very nice person on 19:26 - Nov 21 by exiledclaseboy

Not necessarily. As with all things, context is everything. Whelan probably is. Most of that generation are. McKay? Who knows. I've sent texts to my mates which if read by someone who doesn't know us would undoubtedly have us condemned as racists.

Not a comment on Whelan but the language used by the older generation in years gone by is not acceptable today.

It's all about intent and not the words.

Years ago the word colour was used and not black. To most it was just said as a description to others as a way of an insult.

What gets me most is the false sense of righteous reporting by the press.
Whelan not a very nice person on 20:33 - Nov 21 with 866 viewspierre91

Whelan not a very nice person on 19:26 - Nov 21 by exiledclaseboy

...you surprise me ecb. If you send/t texts that MAY be construed as racist you're on very thin ice.I think.

Context, as you suggest, is influential, but excuse me it's not quite everything.
Whelan not a very nice person on 20:55 - Nov 21 with 846 viewslonglostjack

Whelan not a very nice person on 19:40 - Nov 21 by 3swan

Not a comment on Whelan but the language used by the older generation in years gone by is not acceptable today.

It's all about intent and not the words.

Years ago the word colour was used and not black. To most it was just said as a description to others as a way of an insult.

What gets me most is the false sense of righteous reporting by the press.

Indeed - they also thought that coloured was somehow politer than black. My mother worked as a waitress in a hotel in the sixties - silver service and all that. When serving coffee or tea it was stressed that that they should never say black or white but with milk or without - if a guest was black they might be offended you see.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Whelan not a very nice person on 21:15 - Nov 21 with 829 viewsdobjack2

Whelan not a very nice person on 17:12 - Nov 21 by dgt73

What's your interpretation of the word racist.

I don't have one but would use the Oxford English Dictionary definition. Hence my question.
Whelan not a very nice person on 21:27 - Nov 21 with 821 viewsexiledclaseboy

Whelan not a very nice person on 20:33 - Nov 21 by pierre91

...you surprise me ecb. If you send/t texts that MAY be construed as racist you're on very thin ice.I think.

Context, as you suggest, is influential, but excuse me it's not quite everything.

Context is always king. I accept what you say. People could interpret me as a racist from reading some of the texts I have both written and received. They'd be completely wrong but I accept they may draw that incorrect conclusion.

One thing I wouldn't be dumb enough to do is to send such messages from my work phone and email. That just calls into question someone's sanity.

Poll: Tory leader

Whelan not a very nice person on 21:37 - Nov 21 with 802 viewsDarran

Whelan not a very nice person on 21:27 - Nov 21 by exiledclaseboy

Context is always king. I accept what you say. People could interpret me as a racist from reading some of the texts I have both written and received. They'd be completely wrong but I accept they may draw that incorrect conclusion.

One thing I wouldn't be dumb enough to do is to send such messages from my work phone and email. That just calls into question someone's sanity.

Racist

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Whelan not a very nice person on 13:11 - Nov 22 with 723 viewspierre91

Whelan not a very nice person on 21:27 - Nov 21 by exiledclaseboy

....totally agree.
Whelan not a very nice person on 13:28 - Nov 22 with 689 viewsSwanseajill

Whelan not a very nice person on 17:54 - Nov 21 by NOTRAC

If you considered that was serious I despair

I agree, considering the current news items...Beheading innocent men, gangs of creeps 'grooming' children, Ebola out of control.
What Whelan said are just words that his mouth has run away with!
Get real people, you should join our pre match drinks and nibbles....outrageous, but just the spoken word, nobody dies.
Whelan not a very nice person on 13:44 - Nov 22 with 671 viewspierre91

Whelan not a very nice person on 13:28 - Nov 22 by Swanseajill

I agree, considering the current news items...Beheading innocent men, gangs of creeps 'grooming' children, Ebola out of control.
What Whelan said are just words that his mouth has run away with!
Get real people, you should join our pre match drinks and nibbles....outrageous, but just the spoken word, nobody dies.

....now I really do despair. Btw, I'll decline the invite to join for "pre match drinks and nibbles" too.
Whelan not a very nice person on 13:51 - Nov 22 with 667 viewsSwanseajill

Whelan not a very nice person on 13:44 - Nov 22 by pierre91

....now I really do despair. Btw, I'll decline the invite to join for "pre match drinks and nibbles" too.

Missing you already....
Whelan not a very nice person on 16:48 - Nov 22 with 629 viewspierre91

Whelan not a very nice person on 13:51 - Nov 22 by Swanseajill

Missing you already....

...don't panic. Perhaps you could invite Dave and Malky if they're free on a Saturday. They tell me Ched is available too. Enjoy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024