Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't believe 21:01 - Nov 22 with 734 viewsSwan91

we are coming up to December and we are only 1 point away from 4th place. Is a great season so far with us beating teams like man utd and arsenal and our squad (in my opinion) is the best overall squad we have had.
Can't believe on 21:08 - Nov 22 with 712 viewsHighjack

and people are still moaning.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Can't believe on 21:12 - Nov 22 with 695 viewsSwan91

Can't believe on 21:08 - Nov 22 by Highjack

and people are still moaning.

people will always find something to moan about
Can't believe on 21:22 - Nov 22 with 670 viewsLAKiM

I think there is a difference between moaning for the sake of it and really looking at any problems the squad might have and seeing room for improvement.
Can't believe on 21:22 - Nov 22 with 670 viewsymaohyd

Indeed. Garry Monk is looking like an inspired choice.

The biggest challenge that the club now faces is psychological.

By that I'd point to Wales V NZ today, compete for 90% of the game then fall away. We (the Swans) need to see ourselves as top 6 challengers, we are and that amazes me, however the players shouldn't be amazed. I get the feeling though that they don't quite believe it...yet.

Look at Southampton. In my opinion the Swans are stronger, yet they seem to have that greater belief (and credit to them).

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Can't believe on 21:26 - Nov 22 with 658 viewsSwan91

Can't believe on 21:22 - Nov 22 by ymaohyd

By that I'd point to Wales V NZ today, compete for 90% of the game then fall away. We (the Swans) need to see ourselves as top 6 challengers, we are and that amazes me, however the players shouldn't be amazed. I get the feeling though that they don't quite believe it...yet.

Look at Southampton. In my opinion the Swans are stronger, yet they seem to have that greater belief (and credit to them).

I wonder if our club psychologist has done much this season. we made a few additions in the coaching staff this pre season and something is working (except for disciplinary). It does seem like the club have this big plan and the whole club and backroom staff are all behind it moving forward
Can't believe on 21:36 - Nov 22 with 636 viewsymaohyd

Can't believe on 21:26 - Nov 22 by Swan91

I wonder if our club psychologist has done much this season. we made a few additions in the coaching staff this pre season and something is working (except for disciplinary). It does seem like the club have this big plan and the whole club and backroom staff are all behind it moving forward

Yes...absolutely.

I don't want to bring up Laudrup again...however.

Laudrup went on holidays after his first season in charge for pretty much all the summer, to his home in Majorca. Now to be fair we signed Bony that summer, alongside Pozuelo and Canas. Both had been lined up for several months.

Monk, in contrast has worked his bollox off, very similar to Martinez. Call Martinez what you want but he gave absolutely everything when he was manager.

Contrast Monk and Martinez to Sousa and Laudrup!

That's not to say that Sousa and Laudrup were bad choices. The Swans though need a manager who gives everything and in the future this musn't be forgotten.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Can't believe on 21:55 - Nov 22 with 599 viewsVetchitBack

Can't believe on 21:22 - Nov 22 by ymaohyd

I stressed the importance of self-belief under Laudrup's tenure and got ruined it for it but psychology plays a massive part in sport as it does everywhere in life.

You don't lose anything by aiming too high but you can by ceding superiority. I think the ground expansion should help with that.

Look at Bony. He seems a gent but he has that swagger that tells you he's here on merit and won't be overawed by any team, player or ground. I hope we are thinkng like that as a team.

Completely agree with the post.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Can't believe on 22:00 - Nov 22 with 574 viewslonglostjack

It's got to be one of the most difficult things in business to be one of the lads and you're then promoted and have to make hard decisions. All credit to Gary Monk he's managed that jump and kept the respect. Takes some doing - well done Gary Monk !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Can't believe on 22:07 - Nov 22 with 543 viewsGixerJack

Can't believe on 21:12 - Nov 22 by Swan91

people will always find something to moan about

Stop moaning mun!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024