Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... 08:04 - Nov 23 with 2337 viewsApeShit

Totally lost Jovetic, and got skinned for the 2nd.
Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 15:40 - Nov 23 with 570 viewsskippyjack

We need full backs.. one right back and one left back.. unless Jazz and Dwight become Cafu.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 15:40 - Nov 23 with 570 viewsApeShit

Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 15:36 - Nov 23 by Parlay

Still a load of bollocks though isnt it.

You don't think Williams lost his marker twice today?
Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 16:02 - Nov 23 with 546 viewsParlay

Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 15:40 - Nov 23 by ApeShit

You don't think Williams lost his marker twice today?

No, i think a great run by the striker and a low % cross executed perfectly ended up in an excellent goal. You could say the defender "lost" his man on just about every goal scored in history. Williams positioned himself where 9/10 that ends up going to him, it was squeezed in between him and fabianski, once a winger does that you stick your hands up and say "too good".

In short it was the ability of Man City that allowed them to score and not Ashleys inability. That goes for both goals.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 16:04 - Nov 23 with 545 viewsApeShit

Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 16:02 - Nov 23 by Parlay

No, i think a great run by the striker and a low % cross executed perfectly ended up in an excellent goal. You could say the defender "lost" his man on just about every goal scored in history. Williams positioned himself where 9/10 that ends up going to him, it was squeezed in between him and fabianski, once a winger does that you stick your hands up and say "too good".

In short it was the ability of Man City that allowed them to score and not Ashleys inability. That goes for both goals.

Haha so yea Williams lost his marker.
Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 16:10 - Nov 23 with 537 viewsParlay

Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 16:04 - Nov 23 by ApeShit

No, "losing" his marker would suggest he got into a position unintentionally or indeed allowed his runner to go unintentionally. If i decided to throw my wallet in the bin, did i lose my wallet? No.

He positioned himself where all intelligent defenders do and made it a scenario where if he was to be beaten then they would have to execute with 100% accuracy - they did so, fair play to them. Hope he makes the same decisions next week too as next time the chances are he woukd have positioned himself to clear the ball.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 16:11]

Forum celebrity

Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 16:11 - Nov 23 with 525 viewsJackFish

Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 16:04 - Nov 23 by ApeShit

Presumably you must have though Kompany was a liability yesterday then, considering the goal we scored and the two chances for Montero and Gomis in the second half where he was nowhere to be found.
Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 16:12 - Nov 23 with 525 viewsmonmouth

The whole of Manchester lost Wilfy. Not sure what they were doing. Oh yeah, they were mugged by a world class pass and finish. Useless bastards.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 16:13 - Nov 23 with 521 viewsApeShit

Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 16:10 - Nov 23 by Parlay

No, "losing" his marker would suggest he got into a position unintentionally or indeed allowed his runner to go unintentionally. If i decided to throw my wallet in the bin, did i lose my wallet? No.

He positioned himself where all intelligent defenders do and made it a scenario where if he was to be beaten then they would have to execute with 100% accuracy - they did so, fair play to them. Hope he makes the same decisions next week too as next time the chances are he woukd have positioned himself to clear the ball.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 16:11]

Lol shut up
Login to get fewer ads

Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 16:17 - Nov 23 with 515 viewsApeShit

Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 16:11 - Nov 23 by JackFish

Presumably you must have though Kompany was a liability yesterday then, considering the goal we scored and the two chances for Montero and Gomis in the second half where he was nowhere to be found.

Yes, of course?
Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 16:17 - Nov 23 with 515 viewsParlay

Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 16:12 - Nov 23 by monmouth

The whole of Manchester lost Wilfy. Not sure what they were doing. Oh yeah, they were mugged by a world class pass and finish. Useless bastards.

Correct.

If defenders were blamed every time a world class striker or winger plays the ball away from them then we would have no defender left in world football. Well either that or every game would end up 0-0.

As i tried to explain to Mr Ape - such is the ability of the attacking players in the Premier League defenders will often play a % game. Ashley put himself in a situation where only two world class things would result in a chance, first the pin point cross just enough in front of him so he couldnt deal with it and also just in front of Fabianski that he couldnt and indeed the right pace where Jovetic could. The second part being Joveric's anticipation of that exact cross and his consequent timed run.

Both were executed amazingly hence they are current Premier League champions. To turn that into a blame game because of the sheer quality of the attack is insanely stupid. Thats just my opinion of course.

I think the response to that of "lol shut up" probably suggests the complexity of the game at this level is lost on our friend Mr Ape where any goal is the defences fault and any attack we dont score in is the attacks fault. Ah well.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 16:20]

Forum celebrity

Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 17:00 - Nov 23 with 465 viewsApeShit

Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 16:17 - Nov 23 by Parlay

Correct.

If defenders were blamed every time a world class striker or winger plays the ball away from them then we would have no defender left in world football. Well either that or every game would end up 0-0.

As i tried to explain to Mr Ape - such is the ability of the attacking players in the Premier League defenders will often play a % game. Ashley put himself in a situation where only two world class things would result in a chance, first the pin point cross just enough in front of him so he couldnt deal with it and also just in front of Fabianski that he couldnt and indeed the right pace where Jovetic could. The second part being Joveric's anticipation of that exact cross and his consequent timed run.

Both were executed amazingly hence they are current Premier League champions. To turn that into a blame game because of the sheer quality of the attack is insanely stupid. Thats just my opinion of course.

I think the response to that of "lol shut up" probably suggests the complexity of the game at this level is lost on our friend Mr Ape where any goal is the defences fault and any attack we dont score in is the attacks fault. Ah well.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 16:20]

zZzZz
Not sure what Williams was doing for their first goal... on 17:11 - Nov 23 with 456 viewsParlay

Apology accepted.

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024