Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super Sunday 14:54 - Nov 23 with 4657 viewsairedale

Fair play, this is as bad a Liverpool side as I can remember.
Super Sunday on 15:42 - Nov 23 with 1327 viewsjack247

Super Sunday on 15:37 - Nov 23 by acejack3065

You shouldn't be more pessimistic. More of us should me more optimistic about our situation and how well we have played on occasion this season.

My problem is that since we've arrived in the Prem I've only been able to see the league and fixtures in terms of what we need to do to survive and be in the league next year. I keep thinking x points to safety, whose going down, and the fat pay cheques that premier league survival guarantees. My outlook probably won't change unless we either get relegated or we become rich and successful enough to challenge for Europe.

I'm the same. I think we have half a chance at pushing for Europe this season, though 8th-10th is probably more likely.

Soon as next season comes around though, it will all be about staying up and hoping the big teams beat the smaller teams again
Super Sunday on 15:42 - Nov 23 with 1327 viewsairedale

Super Sunday on 15:31 - Nov 23 by londonlisa2001

Funnily enough this is the first season in the premier league where I have stopped thinking like that!

I am genuinely not looking at the bottom this year, perhaps I should be more pessimistic, but I honestly look at our team over the past few games and think we are some way above a relegation fight this year. I looked at today as being a good result for us in our attempts to finish top 7 or 8.

Liverpool are absolutely awful. They spent how much in the summer? It shows how good Suarez was last year (and to a lesser extent Sturridge) but what a difference in Sterling as well. Looks very very weak this season.

Yes I think we're established now too, but At this point in the season I am still not sorry to see peers doing badly against the big clubs.

Interestingly the bottom 3 spots are occupied by the 3 promoted clubs, giving credence to someone on the telly who said how difficult it is for new PL clubs to survive due to the income already derived by current incumbents, allowing them to increase the distance between the have and have-nots
Super Sunday on 15:44 - Nov 23 with 1322 viewsmax936

Liverpool were awful today, we are a better team than them at the moment, but Palace are going to be a really tough nut to crack, we're gonna need to be on our game that's for sure.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Super Sunday on 15:46 - Nov 23 with 1314 viewsskippyjack

Super Sunday on 15:33 - Nov 23 by Jackfath

I am sure there were some on here saying Bolasie was someone we should have looked at around 12-18 months ago.

Yes.. he's an odd player.. shows world class potential on times.. doesn't have a brain though.. headless chicken on times.. if he's coached correctly.. he can play for a top club

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Super Sunday on 15:48 - Nov 23 with 1295 viewsairedale

They seem to be quite a handful physically too.
Super Sunday on 15:54 - Nov 23 with 1263 viewsbuilthjack

Brendan made a couple of bad substitutions and that cost him. Unless they improve he will be gone at the end of the season.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Super Sunday on 15:55 - Nov 23 with 1263 viewslondonlisa2001

Super Sunday on 15:37 - Nov 23 by acejack3065

You shouldn't be more pessimistic. More of us should me more optimistic about our situation and how well we have played on occasion this season.

My problem is that since we've arrived in the Prem I've only been able to see the league and fixtures in terms of what we need to do to survive and be in the league next year. I keep thinking x points to safety, whose going down, and the fat pay cheques that premier league survival guarantees. My outlook probably won't change unless we either get relegated or we become rich and successful enough to challenge for Europe.

I've been like that every other season, just not feeling like that this year.

We've played Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Everton all away and picked up 4 points. Also played Arsenal, Southampton, Newcastle at home and 4 points from that lot as well. When you look this year at our fixtures so far, the fact that we are 7th and only 1 point off 4th speaks volumes for our team.

Hence the run of relatively easier games coming up. Of course, the proof will come in how many points we now pick up in that easier run, but if we do well in that, then it'll show to me that we really have now moved up a level away from the dog fight and into the fight for 7th - 12th.

the other thing that has changed for me is that we have a few players that can genuinely change a game - Siggy, Montero in particular. Also Fab at the back makes me feel so much more confident.
Super Sunday on 15:59 - Nov 23 with 1240 viewsApeShit

Super Sunday on 15:42 - Nov 23 by ymaohyd

An incredible few months for Brendon and Liverpool. Gerrard's slip, capitulation against Palace bang goes all time greatness.

Now a few months on, Suarez is no longer and Sturridge's injury makes the turnaround complete.

The big picture though is after a hell of a lot of money spent he hasn't improved Liverpool one bit. Such is the fickle nature of football it isn't just 'is he or isn't he under pressure but is he any good'? He has actually taken them backwards.

He had his get out of jail card last season in Suarez and of course no Champions league to juggle with, now, Liverpool as someone else said are looking rudderless. That stint he had at Reading is now looking ominous again.

Unfair or not I don't think he'll be there in 10 games unless things change dramatically. His best bet might be to finish bottom of this Champions League group to avoid going through and the Europa. With further European football to contend with, I can't see them catching United for 4th. To be in charge for 3 seasons and fail to get 4th simply isn't good enough.

You're a Liverpool fan, catching United for 4th... get a grip.
Login to get fewer ads

Super Sunday on 16:00 - Nov 23 with 1233 viewsmonmouth

Super Sunday on 15:55 - Nov 23 by londonlisa2001

I've been like that every other season, just not feeling like that this year.

We've played Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Everton all away and picked up 4 points. Also played Arsenal, Southampton, Newcastle at home and 4 points from that lot as well. When you look this year at our fixtures so far, the fact that we are 7th and only 1 point off 4th speaks volumes for our team.

Hence the run of relatively easier games coming up. Of course, the proof will come in how many points we now pick up in that easier run, but if we do well in that, then it'll show to me that we really have now moved up a level away from the dog fight and into the fight for 7th - 12th.

the other thing that has changed for me is that we have a few players that can genuinely change a game - Siggy, Montero in particular. Also Fab at the back makes me feel so much more confident.

I said at the season outset that I thought upgrading to Fabianski would be worth ten points. I'm starting to think that might be conservative.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Super Sunday on 16:01 - Nov 23 with 1226 viewsairedale

Spurs game now. Funnily enough this might be a better game than L'pool. Opposite to what I thought. Good to see Ben starting too.
Super Sunday on 16:04 - Nov 23 with 1207 viewslondonlisa2001

Super Sunday on 16:00 - Nov 23 by monmouth

I said at the season outset that I thought upgrading to Fabianski would be worth ten points. I'm starting to think that might be conservative.

the best goalkeeper we've had in years (including Vorm in the first season).

I remember having an argument with someone on here, can't remember who, who was calling him Flappyhandski incessantly. Don't know who that was - someone who reckoned he was a goalie coach and I didn't know what I was talking about. But Arsenal fans up here genuinely rated him and I thought he would be a great signing. He has surpassed every expectation though. Be interesting to know what that poster now thought.
Super Sunday on 16:06 - Nov 23 with 1198 viewsApeShit

Super Sunday on 16:04 - Nov 23 by londonlisa2001

I remember having an argument with someone on here, can't remember who, who was calling him Flappyhandski incessantly. Don't know who that was - someone who reckoned he was a goalie coach and I didn't know what I was talking about. But Arsenal fans up here genuinely rated him and I thought he would be a great signing. He has surpassed every expectation though. Be interesting to know what that poster now thought.

I do agree, but he did have some terrible games for Arsenal and I was worried when he joined us.

I'm happy to say he's proved me wrong though!
Super Sunday on 16:10 - Nov 23 with 1174 viewsmonmouth

Super Sunday on 15:42 - Nov 23 by monmouth

Yes definitely this, or rather, that.

I'd be more than happy to see Totty lose for a laugh, and see old fat chops and their obnoxious bunch of overhyped players and scummy 'supporters' in the same boat as brenno and his crowd.

Especially if Huddle and/or Livermore score.

I don't bet, dammit!

Super Sunday on 16:23 - Nov 23 with 1138 viewsairedale

Watching these big clubs doing not so well this season, makes me wonder if Southampton have a genuine chance of a top 4 finish?
Super Sunday on 16:32 - Nov 23 with 1125 viewsmonmouth

Super Sunday on 16:23 - Nov 23 by airedale

Watching these big clubs doing not so well this season, makes me wonder if Southampton have a genuine chance of a top 4 finish?

Mid/end feb onwards when the chips are down and the personnel are finalised will decide all of that.

Super Sunday on 16:44 - Nov 23 with 1039 viewsymaohyd

Super Sunday on 15:59 - Nov 23 by ApeShit

You're a Liverpool fan, catching United for 4th... get a grip.

Not with you sorry? I don't think Liverpool will catch United who are now in 4th position if they continue in Europe.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Super Sunday on 17:01 - Nov 23 with 983 viewsApeShit

Super Sunday on 16:44 - Nov 23 by ymaohyd

Not with you sorry? I don't think Liverpool will catch United who are now in 4th position if they continue in Europe.

Sorry when you said on another thread that you have followed Liverpool for years, I took it that you are a fan.
Super Sunday on 17:04 - Nov 23 with 972 viewsymaohyd

Super Sunday on 17:01 - Nov 23 by ApeShit

Sorry when you said on another thread that you have followed Liverpool for years, I took it that you are a fan.

I am. Just not sure what you were getting at though. I don't think this Liverpool side have a cat in hells chance of getting into 4th place, making the point that they may stand a better chance by being out of Europe.

Super Sunday on 17:05 - Nov 23 with 967 viewsApeShit

Super Sunday on 17:04 - Nov 23 by ymaohyd

I am. Just not sure what you were getting at though. I don't think this Liverpool side have a cat in hells chance of getting into 4th place, making the point that they may stand a better chance by being out of Europe.

Fair enough
Super Sunday on 18:20 - Nov 23 with 899 viewsJack_Meoff

Super Sunday on 16:06 - Nov 23 by ApeShit

I do agree, but he did have some terrible games for Arsenal and I was worried when he joined us.

I'm happy to say he's proved me wrong though!

Player of the season so far for me. Siggy has had more standout games but also a few where he's been fairly anonymous. Fab has been Mr Consistent and his commanding of the area inspires confidence. Top drawer signing.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Super Sunday on 18:40 - Nov 23 with 864 viewsymaohyd

Super Sunday on 18:20 - Nov 23 by Jack_Meoff

Player of the season so far for me. Siggy has had more standout games but also a few where he's been fairly anonymous. Fab has been Mr Consistent and his commanding of the area inspires confidence. Top drawer signing.

Absolutely. Once again another example of how the Swans can benefit a players career. A solid family club. well run, know how we want to play and give players a foundation to further their careers.

I know money plays a massive part, along with ambition that leads to players signing for bigger clubs, however on so many occasions it doesn't work.

Like any job you need to be out there mastering your trade. Compare Fab's potential season with Arsenal had he stayed or his current one with us....well there is no comparison!

Super Sunday on 18:42 - Nov 23 with 859 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Super Sunday on 16:04 - Nov 23 by londonlisa2001

Eastbanker?

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/118047/page:1

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Super Sunday on 18:55 - Nov 23 with 828 viewsPozuelosSideys

Weve got 6 'winnable' games coming up. After looking at the fixture list at the start of the season, November was meant to be our tough period. Obviously we wont pick up all 18 points, but glass has got to be half full here surely?

Look at the fixture list after Xmas too - its not so scary anymore. We're eyeing teams like Liverpool and Spuds for league position on merit. They aint all that. Absolutely no reason not to aim high imo.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Super Sunday on 19:05 - Nov 23 with 798 viewsairedale

Super Sunday on 18:55 - Nov 23 by PozuelosSideys

Weve got 6 'winnable' games coming up. After looking at the fixture list at the start of the season, November was meant to be our tough period. Obviously we wont pick up all 18 points, but glass has got to be half full here surely?

Look at the fixture list after Xmas too - its not so scary anymore. We're eyeing teams like Liverpool and Spuds for league position on merit. They aint all that. Absolutely no reason not to aim high imo.

You're right, but I don't think that there are any bankers though. Just look at Palace this afternoon.
Super Sunday on 19:10 - Nov 23 with 792 viewsPozuelosSideys

Super Sunday on 19:05 - Nov 23 by airedale

You're right, but I don't think that there are any bankers though. Just look at Palace this afternoon.

Nope. Never any bankers. But we look a bit more solid and have a bit more quality about us than previous seasons (and this division has evened out a bit this season so far). If we keep players fit we have every chance.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024