Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton 15:48 - Nov 23 with 2516 viewsmax936

On winning his 2nd F1 World Title today after winning in Abu Dhabi.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 15:49]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 17:17 - Nov 23 with 927 viewsApeShit

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 17:14 - Nov 23 by jack247

I may be wrong, as I'm not really into F1, but I thought Hamilton was from a normal background and his family scrimped and saved to get him into racing? I'm not saying he grew up poor, but didn't think he had a silver spoon upbringing either.

You are correct.
Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 17:17 - Nov 23 with 922 viewsDr_Winston

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 17:14 - Nov 23 by jack247

I may be wrong, as I'm not really into F1, but I thought Hamilton was from a normal background and his family scrimped and saved to get him into racing? I'm not saying he grew up poor, but didn't think he had a silver spoon upbringing either.

This is true. Think his dad worked three jobs to pay for his karting career. Then McLaren took him into their trainee driver programme and he went from there.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 17:17 - Nov 23 with 922 viewsepaul

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 15:54 - Nov 23 by Darran

Driving around in circles isn't a sport IMO.

exactly boring pile of shite it is

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 17:18 - Nov 23 with 913 viewsJackfath

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 17:17 - Nov 23 by Dr_Winston

This is true. Think his dad worked three jobs to pay for his karting career. Then McLaren took him into their trainee driver programme and he went from there.

I just read wiki too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 17:20 - Nov 23 with 913 viewsApeShit

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 17:16 - Nov 23 by Jackfath

A real rags to riches story.

But pisses all over your story.
Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 17:55 - Nov 23 with 891 viewsDr_Winston

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 17:18 - Nov 23 by Jackfath

I just read wiki too.

No need Fathy. I watch the races.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 18:05 - Nov 23 with 882 viewsscottishjack

Well done to him, bit of a shambles that he had won 10 races this season to Rosbergs 5 and yet it still went to the final day. But congratulations to Lewis Hamilton.
Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 18:31 - Nov 23 with 865 viewsymaohyd

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 15:55 - Nov 23 by ApeShit

I think hes a bit of a knob, but clearly very talented and a great achievement.

Yeah I'm not keen on him either. Not sure why as he doesn't get into problems away from his sport (unless I've missed something) and seems to have a clean cut image.

A very talented driver, be good to see him and Vettel in the same team. As ever with F1, will always polarise opinions on its merits..car/driver etc.

It would be a boring world though if we were all into the same thing.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 07:47 - Nov 24 with 791 viewsowainglyndwr

Tom Price from North Wales was a very good F1 drver and not from a family with money
Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 09:59 - Nov 24 with 772 viewsUxbridge

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 18:05 - Nov 23 by scottishjack

Well done to him, bit of a shambles that he had won 10 races this season to Rosbergs 5 and yet it still went to the final day. But congratulations to Lewis Hamilton.

Rather ironic that after a season where Rosberg was kept in the title picture due to the other Mercedes having reliability issues, that his was the one to have issues on the final race.

Would have been ridiculous if Hamilton had lost the title in those circumstances.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 18:48 - Nov 24 with 739 viewsshingle

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 09:59 - Nov 24 by Uxbridge

Rather ironic that after a season where Rosberg was kept in the title picture due to the other Mercedes having reliability issues, that his was the one to have issues on the final race.

Would have been ridiculous if Hamilton had lost the title in those circumstances.

He only won because he had the best car it`s not so much the driver it`s who produces the better car that`s why Vettel had the superior car for last few years and he blew eveyone away, he gets his car his bettered by Hamiltons team and Vettell does not come even close to winning, the only competitor Hamilton had was Rosberg.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 19:16]
Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 18:54 - Nov 24 with 735 viewsDarran

Ok who doesn't like Lewis? dgt you don't need to answer.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/nov/24/lewis-hamilton-lack-popular

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 19:12 - Nov 24 with 724 viewsMrSwerve

As has been said, Hamilton did not come from a wealthy background. He was spotted by Mclaren and they funded him through his career.

To get into Formula One you need talent and money/sponsorship unfortunately...that's the way it has been for a long, long time.

What many seem to ignore is that it is a team sport. If Mercedes have managed to engineer a car that is 1 sec a lap faster than anyone else, fair play to them. I think anyone on the grid would have won a race in that car, but winning 11 as Lewis did was a great achievement.

The biggest shame about F1 this year has been the new V6 turbo engines. They sound awful. Don't quite understand the animosity against Formula One by non-enthusiasts...surely it's a case of each to their own? I enjoy sitting down to watch every F1 race, yet I couldn't watch snooker/cricket/darts for more than 1 or 2 mins.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 19:16 - Nov 24 with 718 viewsMrSwerve

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 07:47 - Nov 24 by owainglyndwr

Tom Price from North Wales was a very good F1 drver and not from a family with money

Tom Pryce was a great prospect. Such a shame that he was killed.

Also surprising that there haven't been any Welsh racing drivers sniffing around F1 since (as far as I know)...yet there have been numerous Scottish/Irish drivers.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 19:16 - Nov 24 with 718 viewsdickythorpe

Tony McCoy rides the best horses, Lewis drives the best cars. So pleased they keep winning.
Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 19:27 - Nov 24 with 690 viewsDarran

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 19:16 - Nov 24 by MrSwerve

Also surprising that there haven't been any Welsh racing drivers sniffing around F1 since (as far as I know)...yet there have been numerous Scottish/Irish drivers.

Steve Mardenboroughs son next.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 19:31 - Nov 24 with 689 viewsdickythorpe

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 19:27 - Nov 24 by Darran

Steve Mardenboroughs son next.

He's the lad who got a scholarship by playing his playstation isn't it?

I wonder if a Studio 95 worker could get a scholarship riding for Nicky Henderson!!!
Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 20:22 - Nov 24 with 678 viewsgrabsplatter

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 19:16 - Nov 24 by MrSwerve

Tragic waste in the case of Tom Pryce, better than James Hunt but in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Wales has produced plenty of talented rally drivers but hasn't got a tradition of circuit racing unfortunately.
We've actually got the most talented crop of young drivers for years, Matt Parry, Seb Morris & Jan Mardenborough have all got a chance of making it at the highest level.
Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 20:55 - Nov 24 with 665 viewslifelong

His girlfriend was kissing his helmet at the end of the race.
Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 20:55 - Nov 24 with 665 viewsunion_jack

I support LH because he's a Brit but what is this stupid accent he's got now!?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 20:58 - Nov 24 with 661 viewsmax936

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 20:55 - Nov 24 by lifelong

I bet she did

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 20:58 - Nov 24 with 660 viewsdickythorpe

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 20:55 - Nov 24 by lifelong

everyone knows you have to pull the helmet off!!!
Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 21:01 - Nov 24 with 657 viewsDr_Winston

If it's all about the car then Hamilton and Rosberg would have a more even split of wins. As it is Hamilton has won more than twice as many races. When he was in the same car as Alonso he out drove him too.

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 12:57 - Nov 25 with 586 viewsjacabertawe

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 17:17 - Nov 23 by epaul

exactly boring pile of shite it is

http://www.scalextric.com/

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on 12:58 - Nov 25 with 585 viewsParlay

Has to be the worst sport on tv.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024