Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk proved right about Moses 13:49 - Nov 24 with 2566 viewsClinton

Very obvious dive again by Moses highlighted on MOTD on Saturday. If you also look at the Ross (future of English footbal) Barkley dive and the Tomkins play acting, it shows a prevalence of players trying to con the refs.
I think all 3 of them should face short bans. Although I realise, under current rules, the incidents cannot be reviewed as the ref saw them.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Monk proved right about Moses on 15:51 - Nov 24 with 2415 viewsBloodyhills

Yup, I agree.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Monk proved right about Moses on 17:27 - Nov 24 with 2311 viewsLeonisGod

I'm with pulis on this one - retrospective bans for cheats
Monk proved right about Moses on 17:31 - Nov 24 with 2299 viewsStarsky

Sam Allardyce quite rightly, laughed in the face of Chico, when he went down clutching his face at Upton Park.
I assume he will now laugh in the face of his own player who did a similar thing at Goodison on the weekend.

It's just the internet, init.

Monk proved right about Moses on 17:41 - Nov 24 with 2276 viewsJethroJack

Monk proved right about Moses on 17:31 - Nov 24 by Starsky

Sam Allardyce quite rightly, laughed in the face of Chico, when he went down clutching his face at Upton Park.
I assume he will now laugh in the face of his own player who did a similar thing at Goodison on the weekend.

Very unlikely...just like Sparky has kept his head down on Moses.
The way to remedy this is so obvious, it really is a shame that the "simulators" are not named & shamed & banned.
Monk proved right about Moses on 17:50 - Nov 24 with 2243 viewsLeonisGod

Monk proved right about Moses on 17:41 - Nov 24 by JethroJack

Very unlikely...just like Sparky has kept his head down on Moses.
The way to remedy this is so obvious, it really is a shame that the "simulators" are not named & shamed & banned.

It would be so easy to do that I can only assume the FA don't want to do it. There's 3 right there from Saturday - all filmed and no ambiguity at all. 3 match bans for each imo.
Monk proved right about Moses on 18:48 - Nov 24 with 2123 viewsItchySphincter

If retrospective bans ever come in for diving I predict we will be the first to be strung up.

The media is largely to blame with the likes of Bale and ex pros like Savage and Owen coming out with boIIocks about contact being an entitlement to go down. In other words, entitlement to cheat. Absolute boIIocks. Since when did the laws of gravity change? It needs Sky or MOTD to hang these tw@ts out to dry and openly use the 'c' word to embarrass the clubs and players in to re-evaluating there current interpretation of the laws of the game and common decency.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Monk proved right about Moses on 21:42 - Nov 24 with 1964 viewsScoobyWho

No worse than those Manc wan ks on Saturday.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Monk proved right about Moses on 21:45 - Nov 24 with 1960 viewswaynekerr55

Monk proved right about Moses on 18:48 - Nov 24 by ItchySphincter

If retrospective bans ever come in for diving I predict we will be the first to be strung up.

The media is largely to blame with the likes of Bale and ex pros like Savage and Owen coming out with boIIocks about contact being an entitlement to go down. In other words, entitlement to cheat. Absolute boIIocks. Since when did the laws of gravity change? It needs Sky or MOTD to hang these tw@ts out to dry and openly use the 'c' word to embarrass the clubs and players in to re-evaluating there current interpretation of the laws of the game and common decency.

Stanley Victor Collymore is bang on the money. Contact does not mean an entitlement to go down!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Monk proved right about Moses on 22:03 - Nov 24 with 1913 viewsC_jack

Monk proved right about Moses on 21:45 - Nov 24 by waynekerr55

Stanley Victor Collymore is bang on the money. Contact does not mean an entitlement to go down!

It's that fine line though, the phrase often goes that "they've won the penalty",

If it's a striker, it's clever forward play, if it's a winger/fullback then it's cheating.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Monk proved right about Moses on 00:23 - Nov 25 with 1776 viewsLAKiM

Monk proved right about Moses on 22:03 - Nov 24 by C_jack

It's that fine line though, the phrase often goes that "they've won the penalty",

If it's a striker, it's clever forward play, if it's a winger/fullback then it's cheating.

There is a difference between showing a bit of fancy footwork and fooling/tempting a defender into fouling you and just falling over and trying to sell the foul.

Where you play positionally doesn't make a difference.
Monk proved right about Moses on 00:37 - Nov 25 with 1768 viewsHighjack

He knows all about contact and people going down, he watches it all the time from his car window whilst wa nking vigorously.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Monk proved right about Moses on 11:42 - Nov 25 with 1584 viewsPonderosa

Absolutely, and he's been down on enough random minge during his exploits to know all about that sort of thing. The dogger that he is...was
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 11:46]

Bring The Missus

Monk proved right about Moses on 15:07 - Nov 25 with 1463 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Monk proved right about Moses on 17:31 - Nov 24 by Starsky

To be honest, I completely agreed with Allardyce's reaction, Chico was being an embarrassment at the time and deserved laughing at.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Monk proved right about Moses on 15:11 - Nov 25 with 1456 viewsC_jack

Monk proved right about Moses on 00:23 - Nov 25 by LAKiM

There is a difference between showing a bit of fancy footwork and fooling/tempting a defender into fouling you and just falling over and trying to sell the foul.

Where you play positionally doesn't make a difference.

There isn't though, a foul is a foul, it's 'winning' the penalty. There is no entitlement to go down, but equally there is no entitlement to foul, or be fouled and expect no action.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Monk proved right about Moses on 15:37 - Nov 25 with 1439 viewsDavillin

I wish I could remember who it was, a famous player, who made the worst dive I have seen. He was running right beside an opponent, clearly ran sideways and body-slammed the opponent, and then fell with a grimace at a 45-degree angle away from the opponent.

No dive called by the official.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Monk proved right about Moses on 22:27 - Nov 25 with 1303 viewsLAKiM

Monk proved right about Moses on 15:11 - Nov 25 by C_jack

There isn't though, a foul is a foul, it's 'winning' the penalty. There is no entitlement to go down, but equally there is no entitlement to foul, or be fouled and expect no action.

I'm not debating that if they are fouled a penalty should be given, I'm saying that there is a clear difference between being fouled and diving. Also that position makes absolutely no difference in how it is viewed as you are suggesting, and that if your trickery "wins a penalty" by causing a defender to foul you that is very different than if you simply dive and hope for a call or attempt to simulate that foul.
Monk proved right about Moses on 11:32 - Nov 26 with 1175 viewsCatullus

Monk proved right about Moses on 15:37 - Nov 25 by Davillin

I wish I could remember who it was, a famous player, who made the worst dive I have seen. He was running right beside an opponent, clearly ran sideways and body-slammed the opponent, and then fell with a grimace at a 45-degree angle away from the opponent.

I once saw Beckham do that.

Cheats should be named and shamed. And they should face an escalalating punishment. There should be a citing process, as in rugby. Managers should be able to make two accusations per match (one for cheating, one for serious foul play) which is then reviewed by a panel.

Moses will make a name for himself as a cheat, and refs will turn against him. Soon, even when he has been fouled, he won't get the decision.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Monk proved right about Moses on 11:47 - Nov 26 with 1156 viewsmonmouth

Monk proved right about Moses on 11:32 - Nov 26 by Catullus

I once saw Beckham do that.

Cheats should be named and shamed. And they should face an escalalating punishment. There should be a citing process, as in rugby. Managers should be able to make two accusations per match (one for cheating, one for serious foul play) which is then reviewed by a panel.

Moses will make a name for himself as a cheat, and refs will turn against him. Soon, even when he has been fouled, he won't get the decision.

Bale, playing for spurs in the PL, was by far and away the biggest diver and cheat that I've ever seen. That might not suit some hysterics on here, of course. I wonder what the reaction would be if he took a monster dive or tripped himself (he was good at that too) to get Wales to the European Champs?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk proved right about Moses on 12:02 - Nov 26 with 1143 viewsLeonisGod

Monk proved right about Moses on 11:47 - Nov 26 by monmouth

Bale, playing for spurs in the PL, was by far and away the biggest diver and cheat that I've ever seen. That might not suit some hysterics on here, of course. I wonder what the reaction would be if he took a monster dive or tripped himself (he was good at that too) to get Wales to the European Champs?

You might be surprised. Very few on here defended Chico's embarrassing play acting performances.
Monk proved right about Moses on 12:06 - Nov 26 with 1137 viewsHighjack

Monk proved right about Moses on 12:02 - Nov 26 by LeonisGod

You might be surprised. Very few on here defended Chico's embarrassing play acting performances.

And the ref got applauded for booking him after his antics too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Monk proved right about Moses on 13:12 - Nov 26 with 1086 viewsSTEVE1

Monk proved right about Moses on 15:37 - Nov 25 by Davillin

Suarez
Monk proved right about Moses on 15:14 - Nov 26 with 1012 viewsDavillin

Monk proved right about Moses on 13:12 - Nov 26 by STEVE1

Suarez

You may be right.

Although he didn't attempt to bite the opponent's ear off, which might eliminate him.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Monk proved right about Moses on 15:46 - Nov 26 with 980 viewsmonmouth

Monk proved right about Moses on 12:06 - Nov 26 by Highjack

And the ref got applauded for booking him after his antics too.

That's true. I'd forgotten. My faith is restored. God bless you brother.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024