Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense 18:38 - Nov 24 with 1970 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Not sure I agree with Max's opinion that we should try a 3-5-2, but it's some good analysis.

http://www.espnfc.us/club/swansea-city/318/blog/post/2161001/garry-monk-should-c

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 18:52 - Nov 24 with 1925 viewsjack247

If Taylor is a weak link, and for me, he has improved significantly over recent games, we should be looking to bring in competition for him, not bung in a striker and shuffle everyone up a bit.

Full backs are integral to the way we play. Defensively we would get overrun and there would be no one to overlap the wingers, creating space for them to drift infield. As much as I can understand the temptation to get Bony, Gomis and Siggy on the pitch together, it ain't broke and we don't need to fix it.
Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 19:25 - Nov 24 with 1842 viewsPozuelosSideys

Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 18:52 - Nov 24 by jack247

If Taylor is a weak link, and for me, he has improved significantly over recent games, we should be looking to bring in competition for him, not bung in a striker and shuffle everyone up a bit.

Full backs are integral to the way we play. Defensively we would get overrun and there would be no one to overlap the wingers, creating space for them to drift infield. As much as I can understand the temptation to get Bony, Gomis and Siggy on the pitch together, it ain't broke and we don't need to fix it.

Agree with this.

We've looked more solid defensively this season primarily because our wing backs arent going forward very much anymore. We got cut open too often when they used to do that.

Playing 3-5-2 would be bonkers imo.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 05:50 - Nov 25 with 1552 viewsphact0rri

Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 19:25 - Nov 24 by PozuelosSideys

Agree with this.

We've looked more solid defensively this season primarily because our wing backs arent going forward very much anymore. We got cut open too often when they used to do that.

Playing 3-5-2 would be bonkers imo.

If your playing attacking forward, 3-5-2 can be great especially on a counterattack. but Swansea's style is very much critical on forming from the back, and pushing to our midfield to deliver to the wings or forward.

We play possession football. We are not a squad that looks to the gaps and sinks long hoofs towards the spaces. It works for some clubs. but were not set up or train our teams in such a way.

You can see what it does to our shape and our movement when we lose a body in defence. Its really not how we would want to see ourselves. I'd rather sacrifice a MF body for a second striker than defence. because our back line is not just for protecting our penalty box.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 15:02 - Nov 25 with 1325 viewsNeiltheTaylor

He should print that out and hand deliver it to Lexy if he wants it taken seriously, otherwise Garry may never implement Max's ideas.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 15:05 - Nov 25 with 1316 viewsNeiltheTaylor

"Truth be told, Swansea's left flank has long represented a weak spot."

No further reading required.

Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 16:15 - Nov 25 with 1285 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 15:05 - Nov 25 by NeiltheTaylor

"Truth be told, Swansea's left flank has long represented a weak spot."

No further reading required.

He follows it with this: "Even during the best months of the Davies era, during the performances that caught Tottenham's eye, Swansea were giving up a disproportionate number of chances on that flank."

Is that not accurate? Again, I don't agree with Hicks' idea for changing formations, but he usually seems to be pretty knowledgeable about the Swans.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 16:24 - Nov 25 with 1277 viewsLeonisGod

Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 16:15 - Nov 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

He follows it with this: "Even during the best months of the Davies era, during the performances that caught Tottenham's eye, Swansea were giving up a disproportionate number of chances on that flank."

Is that not accurate? Again, I don't agree with Hicks' idea for changing formations, but he usually seems to be pretty knowledgeable about the Swans.

Last year we had troubles down that side, largely because Davies bombing forward (as per the game plan) under Laudrup. So to some extents that is right. But we also let teams walz stright through the middle of uf in that horror period (again because players like Chico and JJS had suicide moments bombing forward). Prior to this in Davies' first season and then with Tayls before that we looked sound enough. Tayls turned out some really impressive performances in our first Prem season - Arsenal away springs to mind, but there were many more.
Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 17:01 - Nov 25 with 1237 viewsUxbridge

So he's fix our left side weakness by asking an attacker to cover the defensive aspect. Genius.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 12:49 - Nov 27 with 1060 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Quite possibly the worst analysis that has ever existed

Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 15:32 - Nov 27 with 981 viewspencoedjack

Of course we should change one of the best defenses in the PL ....
Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 18:45 - Nov 27 with 900 viewsfootball2301

Max Hicks: Garry Monk should change Swansea's system at Neil Taylor's expense on 18:52 - Nov 24 by jack247

this
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024