Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? 10:28 - Nov 25 with 4136 viewsswanskid95

Got caught Drink driving with speeds 110mph, and it happened in late October.

I really hope he gets prison time for this and not just a fine, too many footballers get away with stuff now.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/saido-berahino-facing-drink-d
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 10:48 - Nov 25 with 2664 viewsLeonisGod

Caught at 04:00 in the morning, on a weekday ahead of matches at the weekend. I'm not saying they should behave as nuns, but surely being up all night isn't going to help him at training the next day? Another in a long line of d1ck heads who don't realise what an opportunity they've got.
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 11:14 - Nov 25 with 2594 viewsPegojack

I have to agree with the OP. And let's not get hung up on whether he should be out at 3.30am as a professional footballer, blah, blah, blah.

The fact that he is drink driving and speeding, risking his life and every other road user is the key point here. Highly irresponsible, and there is absolutely no excuse for a guy who earns an astronomical salary and could easily have hired a taxi for the journey, even if it had cost him several hundred pounds - that's chicken feed to him.
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 11:34 - Nov 25 with 2563 viewsCatullus

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 11:14 - Nov 25 by Pegojack

I have to agree with the OP. And let's not get hung up on whether he should be out at 3.30am as a professional footballer, blah, blah, blah.

The fact that he is drink driving and speeding, risking his life and every other road user is the key point here. Highly irresponsible, and there is absolutely no excuse for a guy who earns an astronomical salary and could easily have hired a taxi for the journey, even if it had cost him several hundred pounds - that's chicken feed to him.

What is the usual punishment for this? A heavy fine and a long ban?

When it comes to fines, isn't it a time the figure was replaced by a percentage, or have they already done that? If not, a 10% (of monthly income) fine makes more sense than, say, £300. The 300 would be a lot to most of us, but not to a Premier player.
But 10% of Berahino's income would be huge, possibly around £10,000. That will make even a premier league star think twice.
I also believe in escalalating scales. You double the punishment. In the case of non custodial senetences, at the third offence you go to prison.

But I couldn't advocate a stronger punishment for Berahino simply because he's a pro footballer. The law should apply equally to everyone.
As we have seen though, it rarely does. My nephew went to prison after getting caught up in a fight in town, he was defending a friend who got attacked and he knocked the other fella out. It was his first offence but he got 12 weeks. Then you see people with many convictions, long rap sheets, get community service! Is that fair?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 11:41 - Nov 25 with 2546 viewsDewi1jack

Many countries have an automatic jail term, ranging from 10 days upwards, as well as rehab/ driving courses required to get a licence back.
I have no clue as to what would happen to a drunk driver in a country where alcohol is banned, but I'm guessing that it really becomes a serious offence (depending on who the person is, I s'pose.)
I am fairly sure that Berahino can be jailed for the offences committed anyway. Will the magistrate/ Judge do so? With the aggravating circumstances (excess speed and alcohol) if I remember, it is possible for up to a 2 year sentence
Doubtful he'll get jail though. The bench will probably wimp out 'cos Berahino will turn up with a top notch barrister, who'll run rings around them.
Possibly it's about time the Police started adding the offence of dangerous driving for offences such as this, not just for footballers but everyone. make the Bench treat everyone the same, as well as stop plod from making paperwork mistakes allowing anyone to get off
So to answer the OP, yes.
Not because it's a footballer/ "celebrity" but everyone should face at least a few days jail time for drink/ drugged driving.
May just deter one or 2 from driving under the influence and stop innocent people and their families from being hurt or killed.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 11:58 - Nov 25 with 2506 viewsLohengrin

A foreigner in a British gaol. That would be a novelty, we don't see many of those.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 12:10 - Nov 25 with 2469 viewsMrSwerve

It's amazing that people can be thick enough to:

1) Drink drive

and

2) If they do, they do 110mph and make it obvious

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 13:24 - Nov 25 with 2324 viewsLohengrin

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 12:10 - Nov 25 by MrSwerve

It's amazing that people can be thick enough to:

1) Drink drive

and

2) If they do, they do 110mph and make it obvious

Not surprising, though. The stupid move amongst us, they are left to breed unchecked.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 13:47 - Nov 25 with 2275 viewsmitchwales

He absolutely should get a lengthy jail sentence, yes. Somebody shouldn't have to get killed for the offence to be properly punished. Working in an environment where we often see the negative effects of actions such as his makes me wonder how the hell anyone can be so selfish and utterly stupid.
Login to get fewer ads

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:15 - Nov 25 with 2244 viewsOldjack

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 13:24 - Nov 25 by Lohengrin

Not surprising, though. The stupid move amongst us, they are left to breed unchecked.

didn't Hitler say that?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:23 - Nov 25 with 2223 viewsScoobyWho

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 10:48 - Nov 25 by LeonisGod

Caught at 04:00 in the morning, on a weekday ahead of matches at the weekend. I'm not saying they should behave as nuns, but surely being up all night isn't going to help him at training the next day? Another in a long line of d1ck heads who don't realise what an opportunity they've got.

And this sums it up.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:31 - Nov 25 with 2205 viewsLohengrin

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:15 - Nov 25 by Oldjack

didn't Hitler say that?

No, that was me.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:35 - Nov 25 with 2199 viewscontroversial_jack

A serious motoring offence has been committed, so a lengthy ban, but as there was no victim it's not a criminal offence, therefore a jail sentence isn't appropriate
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:49 - Nov 25 with 2174 viewsLohengrin

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:35 - Nov 25 by controversial_jack

A serious motoring offence has been committed, so a lengthy ban, but as there was no victim it's not a criminal offence, therefore a jail sentence isn't appropriate

Driving while under the influence IS a criminal offence.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:49 - Nov 25 with 2174 viewsPegojack

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:35 - Nov 25 by controversial_jack

I think you'll find both speeding and drink driving are classed as criminal offences, victims are irrelevant.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 14:50]
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 15:31 - Nov 25 with 2114 viewsHighjack

Let him off with a slap on the wrist I say.

He's in my dream team.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 18:49 - Nov 25 with 1989 viewscontroversial_jack

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:49 - Nov 25 by Pegojack

I think you'll find both speeding and drink driving are classed as criminal offences, victims are irrelevant.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 14:50]

They may be classed as such, but no victim no crime. If there is no victim, a crime cannot have taken place as nobody has suffered. It is a breech of regulation that has been treated a criminal offence under statute regulation. I think a lengthy ban is apt
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 19:05 - Nov 25 with 1952 viewsScoobyWho

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:49 - Nov 25 by Lohengrin

Driving while under the influence IS a criminal offence.

Exactly.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 19:58 - Nov 25 with 1865 viewsAl_Bundy

6 points and a fine.

If he had crashed and killed someone 10 years in jail
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 19:59 - Nov 25 with 1864 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Lock the stupid twunt up.

What the F@@k is wrong with people .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 19:38 - Nov 26 with 1642 viewsPacemaker

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 18:49 - Nov 25 by controversial_jack

They may be classed as such, but no victim no crime. If there is no victim, a crime cannot have taken place as nobody has suffered. It is a breech of regulation that has been treated a criminal offence under statute regulation. I think a lengthy ban is apt

Where do you find all this stuff? What about attempts or conspiracies to commit offences no victim but still very much a crime.

What if I stuck an ied on the road which failed to detonate no victim so therefore no crime?

The victim is always the Queen (as head of state) which is why every indictment is shown as R v Controversial Jack for example.

He will get a ban and a suspended term of imprisonment/tag unless there are other factors other than that reported. There must be an issue with something because you would expect a court appearance straight off rather than a bail return at Police Station.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 19:42 - Nov 26 with 1630 viewsPacemaker

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 11:58 - Nov 25 by Lohengrin

A foreigner in a British gaol. That would be a novelty, we don't see many of those.

I am pretty sure that Berahino is British, certainly plays for England U21.

Just because he is not white with an odd name doesn't make him a foreigner.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 19:44 - Nov 26 with 1625 viewsDarran

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 19:38 - Nov 26 by Pacemaker

Where do you find all this stuff? What about attempts or conspiracies to commit offences no victim but still very much a crime.

What if I stuck an ied on the road which failed to detonate no victim so therefore no crime?

The victim is always the Queen (as head of state) which is why every indictment is shown as R v Controversial Jack for example.

He will get a ban and a suspended term of imprisonment/tag unless there are other factors other than that reported. There must be an issue with something because you would expect a court appearance straight off rather than a bail return at Police Station.

He knows his stuff does Contro mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 19:59 - Nov 26 with 1607 viewsLohengrin

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 19:42 - Nov 26 by Pacemaker

I am pretty sure that Berahino is British, certainly plays for England U21.

Just because he is not white with an odd name doesn't make him a foreigner.

He's from Burundi.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 20:33 - Nov 26 with 1581 viewsswanduck

Whilst I'm not sure my answer is necessarily YES HE SHOULD, I would not feel sorry for hi if he did. Drunk driving is stupid and really dangerous, not hitting someone just means he was lucky.
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 20:35 - Nov 26 with 1580 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 19:59 - Nov 26 by Lohengrin

He's from Burundi.

You're from what is now Zimbabwe.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024