Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? 10:28 - Nov 25 with 4140 viewsswanskid95

Got caught Drink driving with speeds 110mph, and it happened in late October.

I really hope he gets prison time for this and not just a fine, too many footballers get away with stuff now.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/saido-berahino-facing-drink-d
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 20:50 - Nov 26 with 981 viewsPacemaker

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 19:59 - Nov 26 by Lohengrin

He's from Burundi.

But he is British, just like Geaham Price played for Wales and the Lions but was born in Egypt.

He didn't have a Johnny Foreigner name tho.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 20:56 - Nov 26 with 974 viewsLohengrin

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 20:50 - Nov 26 by Pacemaker

But he is British, just like Geaham Price played for Wales and the Lions but was born in Egypt.

He didn't have a Johnny Foreigner name tho.

A forces child like Paul Thorburn, Spike Milligan and Cliff Richard?

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't regard all the children born to the BAOR Germans, would you?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 21:14 - Nov 26 with 956 viewsPacemaker

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 20:56 - Nov 26 by Lohengrin

A forces child like Paul Thorburn, Spike Milligan and Cliff Richard?

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't regard all the children born to the BAOR Germans, would you?

British passport your British as far as I am concerned, as for British Forces plenty of Fijians, Nepalese and Anzacs are refused entry to this country after serving on behalf of the UK.

Listening to family favourites on the radio on a Sunday morning before lunch highlighted the world of the Commenwealth and our fellow Brits abroad. I didn't realise we would abandon them all once we became European.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 21:23 - Nov 26 with 950 viewsLohengrin

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 21:14 - Nov 26 by Pacemaker

British passport your British as far as I am concerned, as for British Forces plenty of Fijians, Nepalese and Anzacs are refused entry to this country after serving on behalf of the UK.

Listening to family favourites on the radio on a Sunday morning before lunch highlighted the world of the Commenwealth and our fellow Brits abroad. I didn't realise we would abandon them all once we became European.

I completely agree with you. An oath for me absolutely entails concomitant obligations; no question about it. Service should reap reward.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 11:47 - Nov 27 with 869 viewsCatullus

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 18:49 - Nov 25 by controversial_jack

They may be classed as such, but no victim no crime. If there is no victim, a crime cannot have taken place as nobody has suffered. It is a breech of regulation that has been treated a criminal offence under statute regulation. I think a lengthy ban is apt

Hmmm, I have a family member (cousin) who has spent time inside for drink driving. He never hit anyone either.
It wasn't his first DD offence though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 11:54 - Nov 27 with 867 viewsQuakerJack

Some people really are thick aren't they... what he's done is wreckless and risks innocent lives, therefore, he deserves jail, but whatever sentence he gets I'd give him two years extra just for being stupid.

Unbelievable...!!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 12:09 - Nov 27 with 859 viewsacejack3065

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:35 - Nov 25 by controversial_jack

A serious motoring offence has been committed, so a lengthy ban, but as there was no victim it's not a criminal offence, therefore a jail sentence isn't appropriate

Are you one of these free men on the land?
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 13:20 - Nov 27 with 843 viewsQuakerJack

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:35 - Nov 25 by controversial_jack

A serious motoring offence has been committed, so a lengthy ban, but as there was no victim it's not a criminal offence, therefore a jail sentence isn't appropriate

This time... as I've said, what he's done demonstrates that he is not a very intelligent person... if he isn't punished he will do it again... and then what?

That's the problem with policing and sentencing in this country - don't act until it's too late then investigate... why not act now so that he learns a lesson and a future death or serious injury is prevented.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:51 - Nov 27 with 810 viewscontroversial_jack

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 13:20 - Nov 27 by QuakerJack

This time... as I've said, what he's done demonstrates that he is not a very intelligent person... if he isn't punished he will do it again... and then what?

That's the problem with policing and sentencing in this country - don't act until it's too late then investigate... why not act now so that he learns a lesson and a future death or serious injury is prevented.

Should we jail people for being thick? This forum would be finished if we did. Should we punish people for what they do or for what they have done? A lengthy ban, yes, but Jail, I don't know about that, as there have been no victims , nobody has suffered loss harm or injury
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 15:24 - Nov 27 with 790 viewsQuakerJack

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:51 - Nov 27 by controversial_jack

Should we jail people for being thick? This forum would be finished if we did. Should we punish people for what they do or for what they have done? A lengthy ban, yes, but Jail, I don't know about that, as there have been no victims , nobody has suffered loss harm or injury

Morally yes... how daft have you got to be to do what he did....

In all seriousness, we should punish people for recklessly endangering the lives of others... 110 mph drunk does just that....

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 15:27 - Nov 27 with 788 viewsacejack3065

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 14:51 - Nov 27 by controversial_jack

Should we punish people who drive at 110 mph whilst drunk?

Yes! Yes we should!
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 16:23 - Nov 27 with 776 viewscontroversial_jack

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 15:24 - Nov 27 by QuakerJack

Morally yes... how daft have you got to be to do what he did....

In all seriousness, we should punish people for recklessly endangering the lives of others... 110 mph drunk does just that....

we punish people for bad morals ?
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 16:44 - Nov 27 with 769 viewsskippyjack

It's simple really.. life driving ban.. Every club in the country should have the ability to change contracts.. if a player is found guilty of an alcohol related crime.. it should be mandatory for all clubs.. to add... a no drinking policy or face termination.. ban all players who commit these offences.. if they drink.. their contract is terminated.. a simple alcohol test every day.. every club must add this in an offenders contract.. mandatory... it's either drink and lose your career..or not.. it'll teach them..
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 17:06]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 18:23 - Nov 27 with 739 viewsPacemaker

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 16:23 - Nov 27 by controversial_jack

It's pure luck there has been no injuries or worse, so yes you should go to jail for potentially lethal actions.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 18:25 - Nov 27 with 737 viewsDarran

People that speed should be locked up,speed kills.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 18:36 - Nov 27 with 710 viewsJackfath

Mobile phone users at the wheel should be electrocuted too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 18:41 - Nov 27 with 710 viewsBloodyhills

I don't think they should send him to prison, that just costs the taxpayer. I'd ban him from driving for a long time and fine him 2 months wages.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 18:57 - Nov 27 with 700 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 16:23 - Nov 27 by controversial_jack

We punish people for endangering the lives of others by driving at ridiculous speed whilst intoxicated.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 19:33 - Nov 27 with 681 viewsLohengrin

Don't tell me he's gone and married a Catholic as well?

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 20:15 - Nov 27 with 670 viewsdobjack2

It is almost certain that he will get a ban. A jail sentance would be considered depending on the amount of alcohol in his blood and circumstances.

He will have an expensive brief who will plead mitigation,so in my cynical world I think a custodial sentance is highly unlikely whatever the circumstances.
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 20:47 - Nov 27 with 654 viewsRancid

No he shouldn't get a lengthly jail sentence.We've all made mistakes in our life and those who say they haven't are liars.Hit him with a 3 year driving ban and if he does it again then chuck him in the slammer.I'm a firm believer of giving people a second chance because we all have momentary lapses of madness in our lifetime.It's when we don't learn from our mistakes we need to come down heavy because the individual obviously hasn't learned their lesson.If he'd have killed someone then that's different,he should be locked up for a long time but he didn't so deserves a second chance.After that and a repeat offence then no leniency just sling in the big house and he'll learn the hard way then.
Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 21:11 - Nov 27 with 624 viewsDr_Winston

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 16:44 - Nov 27 by skippyjack

It's simple really.. life driving ban.. Every club in the country should have the ability to change contracts.. if a player is found guilty of an alcohol related crime.. it should be mandatory for all clubs.. to add... a no drinking policy or face termination.. ban all players who commit these offences.. if they drink.. their contract is terminated.. a simple alcohol test every day.. every club must add this in an offenders contract.. mandatory... it's either drink and lose your career..or not.. it'll teach them..
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 17:06]

As righteous as that would be, no club would terminate the contract of a multi-million pound asset.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 21:17 - Nov 27 with 621 viewsskippyjack

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 20:47 - Nov 27 by Rancid

No he shouldn't get a lengthly jail sentence.We've all made mistakes in our life and those who say they haven't are liars.Hit him with a 3 year driving ban and if he does it again then chuck him in the slammer.I'm a firm believer of giving people a second chance because we all have momentary lapses of madness in our lifetime.It's when we don't learn from our mistakes we need to come down heavy because the individual obviously hasn't learned their lesson.If he'd have killed someone then that's different,he should be locked up for a long time but he didn't so deserves a second chance.After that and a repeat offence then no leniency just sling in the big house and he'll learn the hard way then.

Prison.. hard?.. they've got books.. pool tables.. Xboxes.. phones.. beer.. f*cking holiday camp.. should inject them with heroin and throw them in a cell.. while dreaming of killing themselves everyday in a room.. keep them awake every night.. then force them to read and write every day.. and when they start falling asleep everyday.. keep waking them up.. that's prison.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 21:29 - Nov 27 with 615 viewsskippyjack

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 21:11 - Nov 27 by Dr_Winston

As righteous as that would be, no club would terminate the contract of a multi-million pound asset.

It's an automatic termination (no fee involved).. the FA have made it mandatory in every league.. every club would know a risk is involved.. just keep him off the beer.. plus if he plays silly buggers.. clubs would offer him lower wages when terminated.. it should be made automatic law.. it's like purchasing a stolen good.. it comes with a caution..

Should Berahino get a lengthy jail sentence? on 21:36 - Nov 27 with 607 viewslatchford

Only reason he would have been bailed is if his reading is low and he took the option of giving a blood specimen. That would then be submitted for testing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024