Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? 11:29 - Nov 25 with 6863 viewsSwansEvents

Hi folks. I am an events organiser and big Swans fan.

I went away to Man City last weekend and the difference was stark and they managed to create a real pre match buzz. I wish to contact the club to offer my services but am struggling to find an appropriate contact number or email address. Could anyone help me out in that respect?

I was very impressed with Man City and have been wanting us to do similar for years.

They had a section cordoned off where fans were invited to take up a position surrounding it. They had 2 "presenters" who were informing the crowd of how long until the team bus arrives, giving away man city prizes for correct answers to questions etc etc they had a resident DJ playing Manchunian songs like Oasis, Kasabian, happy mondays et al. They also had professional ball jugglers whose skill was sublime and truly did entertain the crowd.

The team bus arrived and it was a real event and the kids loved it, each player off the bus was cheered and announced by the presenters and they had a quick interview with Yaya Toure asking him about being nominated for African Player of the year etc. It was a real way of making it feel very fan orientated and the younger generation were absolutely enthralled. The team must arrive to every game anyway so why not make an event out of it? It really seemed an easy way to connect the fans to the ever increasingly distant superstars of the game.

Would people like to see us making the matchday experience more fan orientated? Or is everyone happy as things are? Just trying to get a feel of the general opinion.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 19:25 - Nov 25 with 1140 viewsSwansEvents

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 19:15 - Nov 25 by ScoobyWho

It's sort of falling apart for you at this point mate.

What do you mean? What is falling apart? My desire for better pre match entertainment? Why?
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 19:42 - Nov 25 with 1118 viewsDarran

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 19:25 - Nov 25 by SwansEvents

What do you mean? What is falling apart? My desire for better pre match entertainment? Why?

Better than what?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 20:00 - Nov 25 with 1104 viewsmax936

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:59 - Nov 25 by SwansEvents

Indeed, as already touched upon, its not designed for the people who already have their pre match entertainment sorted (pub etc) its designed for the thousands of people that mill about the outside of the stadium or even inside the stadium twiddling their thumbs or trawling through their mobile phones an hour before the match.

Usually targeting families, teens and those that don't like to or cant get tanked up prior to a match. Ive never been a big drinker and don't venture into the pubs before a match so this would be more aimed to someone like myself who would take my fiancee and young nephew to the match who seem to be quite under-served in terms of quality entertainment at the Liberty.

A good entertainment corner would help raise the clubs match-day experience rating meaning we would be a more desirable away trip, it may entice people into the grounds vicinity boosting the surrounding businesses as well as the clubs own merchandise outlet. It can also attract its own sponsorship deal and can lead on to the half time entertainment also which many have complained about over the years.

I was just trying to add to the ambiance

Its a good idea to be fair, kids don't really want to be stuck in pub before a game, yes they can play a bit of Pool have a bit of grub, but then pub fills up Pool is then a no no and they're bored, think your problem might be is finding enough suitable space, but I'd imagine any suitable ball game would work, maybe it would be possible to enlist a couple of the U21's.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 20:02 - Nov 25 with 1097 viewsmax936

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:12 - Nov 25 by Oldjack

Strippers would shift you

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 20:10 - Nov 25 with 1084 viewsSwansEvents

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 19:42 - Nov 25 by Darran

Better than what?

Exactly
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 20:18 - Nov 25 with 1068 viewsGlyn1

It's a good idea, so good luck to you. However there's no point in talking to us. Better to prepare a presentation with costings and personally take it to the Liberty marked for the attention of HJ / Dineen and Cooze. Good luck because it's a good idea and we'll do something like this eventually, so it might as well be now.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 20:28 - Nov 25 with 1048 viewsSwansEvents

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 20:18 - Nov 25 by Glyn1

It's a good idea, so good luck to you. However there's no point in talking to us. Better to prepare a presentation with costings and personally take it to the Liberty marked for the attention of HJ / Dineen and Cooze. Good luck because it's a good idea and we'll do something like this eventually, so it might as well be now.

Thanks for that, yes that is certainly the next step.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 22:01 - Nov 25 with 1008 viewsJackhero

Max936....do you drink in Alma, sounds like you might?

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Login to get fewer ads

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:29 - Nov 26 with 937 viewsFlashberryjack

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:57 - Nov 25 by Oldjack

This may help

It certainly does........and thanks

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 20:57 - Nov 26 with 907 viewsScoobyWho

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 19:25 - Nov 25 by SwansEvents

I'm not really sure what your all about to be honest. Your clearly trying to cash in on some form of success the club I support has had over the past years. You have no idea who to talk to or what the club is about, and to be brutally honest. I am a long term, life long swans fan and your desire to cash in pretty much sickens me, you asked for a response, you've got it, and I doubt if you will like the reply you requested that much.

But in the words of my late uncle Huw .

There we are ....
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 14:52]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 10:28 - Dec 2 with 810 viewsSwansEvents

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 20:57 - Nov 26 by ScoobyWho

I'm not really sure what your all about to be honest. Your clearly trying to cash in on some form of success the club I support has had over the past years. You have no idea who to talk to or what the club is about, and to be brutally honest. I am a long term, life long swans fan and your desire to cash in pretty much sickens me, you asked for a response, you've got it, and I doubt if you will like the reply you requested that much.

But in the words of my late uncle Huw .

There we are ....
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 14:52]

What in Gods name are you talking about? "Your" club as you put it also happens to be "my" club funnily enough. What do you mean i don't know what the club is about? I have lived and breathed the club for over thirty years, why would this mean i would know the contact details of the best man to talk to?

Do the people selling food at the game sicken you? Does anybody the club employ sicken you? Do the owners of the club sicken you? Does Kevin Johns sicken you? You do know they all get paid for the service they provide right?

In order for things to get better things cost money, thats how the economy works. When the new ticketing systems came in do you think Huw Jenkins had his elves make them out the back? No they paid for them and as a result it provided a service they thought improved the club. Are you sickened by the company that installed the then new ticket scanners? I will let them know how you feel.

You are a typical person that hates entrepreneurial-ship, usually because they never thought of it themselves. Your argument makes no sense what so ever and your rant highly offensive to anybody employed by the club. For shame.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 10:32]
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 10:37 - Dec 2 with 798 viewsPhil_S

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 10:28 - Dec 2 by SwansEvents

What in Gods name are you talking about? "Your" club as you put it also happens to be "my" club funnily enough. What do you mean i don't know what the club is about? I have lived and breathed the club for over thirty years, why would this mean i would know the contact details of the best man to talk to?

Do the people selling food at the game sicken you? Does anybody the club employ sicken you? Do the owners of the club sicken you? Does Kevin Johns sicken you? You do know they all get paid for the service they provide right?

In order for things to get better things cost money, thats how the economy works. When the new ticketing systems came in do you think Huw Jenkins had his elves make them out the back? No they paid for them and as a result it provided a service they thought improved the club. Are you sickened by the company that installed the then new ticket scanners? I will let them know how you feel.

You are a typical person that hates entrepreneurial-ship, usually because they never thought of it themselves. Your argument makes no sense what so ever and your rant highly offensive to anybody employed by the club. For shame.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 10:32]

Contact the commercial team at the club.

If I was honest - the whole Man City pre match atmosphere all feels a bit plastic/cheap around the ground - this was my 3rd visit to watch the Swans and 4th overall - the less of it we could replicate the better IMO
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 10:46 - Dec 2 with 790 viewsSwansEvents

Interesting, thanks for that. A few people i have spoken to since this thread have also told me thry didnt like the Man City set up.

Out of curiosity, would you actually like to see a bit more go on before the match and at half time? If so what would you like to see? Or are you pretty happy with how things are?
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 10:55 - Dec 2 with 781 viewsattila_the_hun

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 12:34 - Nov 25 by JBT95

Kasabian are from Leicester not Manchester!

They are also shit

"I'm Free"

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 10:59 - Dec 2 with 773 viewsPhil_S

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 10:46 - Dec 2 by SwansEvents

Interesting, thanks for that. A few people i have spoken to since this thread have also told me thry didnt like the Man City set up.

Out of curiosity, would you actually like to see a bit more go on before the match and at half time? If so what would you like to see? Or are you pretty happy with how things are?

I'll only answer for myself but cant say I really care - I'm there to watch a game of football I am not there for any carnival type activities that happen at half time, pre or post match
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:39 - Dec 2 with 698 viewsbluenile

So.................you can't find a contact number or email address for our club....................but you think you can help them?...............

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:52 - Dec 2 with 688 viewsSwansEvents

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:39 - Dec 2 by bluenile

So.................you can't find a contact number or email address for our club....................but you think you can help them?...............

I have found a whole host of numbers and contact addresses for various people, but this is a specific thing that i didn't want to send to the likes of admin@swansea and such like and was simply asking a forum that is owned by the trust chairman, who would be the best person to contact or indeed for the best contact details to use. Is this that shocking then? Its called networking.

As for thinking i can help them? Absolutely, my partner now owns her house outright because of her expertise in this field and isn't even 27 yet. Thanks for the input though.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:15 - Dec 2 with 679 viewsRancid

I quite enjoy watching the players warm up in their different coloured bibs wondering why and does it mean if they'll play or not.

For the Rotherham game we were in there very early as it was around the time the turnstiles were playing up and a bit of entertainment would have been ok then.Cyril letting in goals from kids from Cimla to Cross Hands is great for the kids doing it but for the 10000 still watching it have seen it a hundred times before.I think they should put a professional goalkeeper not dressed as a bird in and try his hardest to save every penalty and not give these kids hope that every goalie they'll face in life will be dressed as a swan and legs that wouldn't stop a pig in a passage.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024