Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? 11:29 - Nov 25 with 6859 viewsSwansEvents

Hi folks. I am an events organiser and big Swans fan.

I went away to Man City last weekend and the difference was stark and they managed to create a real pre match buzz. I wish to contact the club to offer my services but am struggling to find an appropriate contact number or email address. Could anyone help me out in that respect?

I was very impressed with Man City and have been wanting us to do similar for years.

They had a section cordoned off where fans were invited to take up a position surrounding it. They had 2 "presenters" who were informing the crowd of how long until the team bus arrives, giving away man city prizes for correct answers to questions etc etc they had a resident DJ playing Manchunian songs like Oasis, Kasabian, happy mondays et al. They also had professional ball jugglers whose skill was sublime and truly did entertain the crowd.

The team bus arrived and it was a real event and the kids loved it, each player off the bus was cheered and announced by the presenters and they had a quick interview with Yaya Toure asking him about being nominated for African Player of the year etc. It was a real way of making it feel very fan orientated and the younger generation were absolutely enthralled. The team must arrive to every game anyway so why not make an event out of it? It really seemed an easy way to connect the fans to the ever increasingly distant superstars of the game.

Would people like to see us making the matchday experience more fan orientated? Or is everyone happy as things are? Just trying to get a feel of the general opinion.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 15:43 - Nov 25 with 1320 viewsscottishjack

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 15:38 - Nov 25 by Darran

He obviously thinks all the Swans players arrive together on a bus mun.

I thought as much!
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 15:46 - Nov 25 with 1320 viewsParlay

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 15:38 - Nov 25 by Darran

He obviously thinks all the Swans players arrive together on a bus mun.

Great idea i think. Kevin johns is as dated as an old panto dame.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 15:47]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 15:54 - Nov 25 with 1287 viewsSwansEvents

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 15:43 - Nov 25 by scottishjack

I thought as much!

Im not with you at all I'm afraid.

Why does that suggest i think they currently travel together? Does me saying we need to have better pre match entertainment suggest i also think we already do? If i said we need a new center back does that mean i already think we have one?

It hasnt always been that way at Man City. The players meet at the training ground at Man City and a bus drives them together to the ground, it was something Mancini introduced and Kompany likes the effect it had on the team and the club liked the buzz it caused - so it has carried on. They have now secured a contract with BT to sponsor the team welcoming ceremony and entertainment.

You seem to be suggesting that anything that currently doesn't happen, as a result - cannot. That rules out the expansion then.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 15:58 - Nov 25 with 1280 viewsSwansEvents

This is how it started prior to it being padded out into a sponsored entertainment event. It was simply a way of bonding the team, "arrive together - fight together - leave together". It has now grown into a fan orientated pre match ritual.

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:03 - Nov 25 with 1270 viewsscottishjack

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 15:54 - Nov 25 by SwansEvents

Im not with you at all I'm afraid.

Why does that suggest i think they currently travel together? Does me saying we need to have better pre match entertainment suggest i also think we already do? If i said we need a new center back does that mean i already think we have one?

It hasnt always been that way at Man City. The players meet at the training ground at Man City and a bus drives them together to the ground, it was something Mancini introduced and Kompany likes the effect it had on the team and the club liked the buzz it caused - so it has carried on. They have now secured a contract with BT to sponsor the team welcoming ceremony and entertainment.

You seem to be suggesting that anything that currently doesn't happen, as a result - cannot. That rules out the expansion then.

I'm just in a daft mood today, apologies... On a serious note then, I can't see the bus idea working at the Liberty, we honestly don't have as much space at the Liberty and it would create a bit of a bottleneck.

Things to entertain families etc. before matches like they had with the Ospreys aren't a bad idea but I still have no idea where you put these activities on a Swans matchday.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:07 - Nov 25 with 1262 viewsDarran

So what events have you organised before then SwansEvents?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:12 - Nov 25 with 1247 viewsOldjack

Den Haag have fireworks before the game and some kind of disco after

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:15 - Nov 25 with 1239 viewsJackhero

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 14:04 - Nov 25 by Darran

Nobody's going to hang around after the game for some crappy band mun.

Maybe not after, but from the OP's 1st post I was going on it being pre-match.
You are right though the Swans would have to get better quality than Cheap trick, maybe Max Boyce with Hymns and arias or Bonnie Tyler could get the fans going!

I like the idea of all the team arriving on the same coach. Nothing wrong with them driving around the corner to the training ground and making the short coach trip together.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Login to get fewer ads

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:15 - Nov 25 with 1239 viewsSwansEvents

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:07 - Nov 25 by Darran

So what events have you organised before then SwansEvents?

Its my Mrs profession really but I help whenever I can, obviously this is something id like to get involved in being my club. But we have organised a charity gig in Brisbane with 12 bands, a freshers weekend at Chester university and helped organise an Oxfam 100kms 48 hour event. That was the main 3 that I played a major role in, my fiancee has an extensive portfolio though.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:15 - Nov 25 with 1239 viewsLeonisGod

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:12 - Nov 25 by Oldjack

Disco?

We could have speed dating for those still sober enough to be able to talk.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:19 - Nov 25 with 1234 viewsSwansEvents

You would want something that costs little. Fireworks would be a decent whack every game. Thats why Kevin Johns parading around with penalty shoot-outs etc is what we currently have, its dated and been that way since league 2.

I think a budget of a couple of hundred quid a game and you would give a much better match-day experience which is a pittance. It would help promote the brand too and get us further up the match-day experience ladder which in turn may help generate more away ticket sales.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:20 - Nov 25 with 1225 viewsDarran

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:15 - Nov 25 by Jackhero

Maybe not after, but from the OP's 1st post I was going on it being pre-match.
You are right though the Swans would have to get better quality than Cheap trick, maybe Max Boyce with Hymns and arias or Bonnie Tyler could get the fans going!

I like the idea of all the team arriving on the same coach. Nothing wrong with them driving around the corner to the training ground and making the short coach trip together.

Tw*t.

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:23 - Nov 25 with 1215 viewsOldjack

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:19 - Nov 25 by SwansEvents

You would want something that costs little. Fireworks would be a decent whack every game. Thats why Kevin Johns parading around with penalty shoot-outs etc is what we currently have, its dated and been that way since league 2.

I think a budget of a couple of hundred quid a game and you would give a much better match-day experience which is a pittance. It would help promote the brand too and get us further up the match-day experience ladder which in turn may help generate more away ticket sales.

Costs little? we can take the team too Citeh and god knows where else in a private jet though ,there seems to be plenty of loot about theses days

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:26 - Nov 25 with 1208 viewsDewi1jack

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:15 - Nov 25 by LeonisGod

Disco?

We could have speed dating for those still sober enough to be able to talk.

Like the speed dating idea (not sure the Mrs will though. Think she will give me a )
Trouble is, and I include myself, we don't have the prettiest of crowds, so what happens when either the bloke or lass sobers up?
Car crash after match entertainment. Filmed by the club and shown as pre-match entertainment for the next game

Got to be honest though, our pre-match and half-time entertainment is very tired and dated. Have to agree with those who take rugrats and are looking to keep them amused.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:27 - Nov 25 with 1208 viewsDarran

Disco FFS it's not 1985 mun.

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:28 - Nov 25 with 1153 viewsSwansEvents

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:23 - Nov 25 by Oldjack

Costs little? we can take the team too Citeh and god knows where else in a private jet though ,there seems to be plenty of loot about theses days

Yes, but getting a team to the match in comfort with little stress on the body is a priority. Fans have always been a distant second to the needs of the actual playing side and i can understand that.

Im not saying we couldn't afford it but it seems to be an extravagant expense when you could achieve a similar match-day experience with a much less of an outlay. Fireworks are entertaining and are nice to look at but its not very fan inclusive or give any football related interaction. Its almost a completely separate event to the one you are trying to promote.

But a couple of fireworks after a win is possible, many sides do that in a variety of sports but i wouldnt call it pre match entertainment as such as for it to be considered that then it would have to entertain the crowd for a long period of time which goes without saying would cost a bomb.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:34 - Nov 25 with 1132 viewsJackfath

Anything which is pro Swansea CFCand gets people in the vacinity of the ground pre match has to be a good idea.

I like what the OP has to say.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:34 - Nov 25 with 1134 viewsApeShit

Alan, they aren't fireworks they are flares let off by the fans you tool.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:41 - Nov 25 with 1120 viewsWarwickHunt

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:34 - Nov 25 by ApeShit

Alan, they aren't fireworks they are flares let off by the fans you tool.

Don't confuse him - he thinks flares are what you wear to the disco.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:47 - Nov 25 with 1110 viewsLohengrin

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:41 - Nov 25 by WarwickHunt

Don't confuse him - he thinks flares are what you wear to the disco.

I've seen Alan, he doesn't think flares are just for grooving to Anita Ward. He's making a bold, daily statement; a facepalm to fashionistas.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:52 - Nov 25 with 1103 viewsOldjack

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:47 - Nov 25 by Lohengrin

I've seen Alan, he doesn't think flares are just for grooving to Anita Ward. He's making a bold, daily statement; a facepalm to fashionistas.

fuking peasants ,suck on this !!

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:56 - Nov 25 with 1097 viewsLohengrin

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:52 - Nov 25 by Oldjack

fuking peasants ,suck on this !!

You can't even puff an electronic fag down at Stalag Luft Lib, I can't see them wearing pyrotechnics, can you?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:58 - Nov 25 with 1089 viewsJackfath

Fireworks before the game. Dear God. You're 65 Alan, not 12.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:19 - Nov 25 with 1074 viewsOldjack

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:58 - Nov 25 by Jackfath

Fireworks before the game. Dear God. You're 65 Alan, not 12.

It's for the kids women and knobs like you mun ,plus when you got music lights dancing women and booze after the game under the stands that's a kind of disco init?

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:21 - Nov 25 with 1068 viewsJackfath

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:19 - Nov 25 by Oldjack

It's for the kids women and knobs like you mun ,plus when you got music lights dancing women and booze after the game under the stands that's a kind of disco init?

Yeah! A disco under the stands for kids women and knobs like you.

People would be leaving even earlier to get there for a dance.

Dear God. Whatever next.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024