Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? 11:29 - Nov 25 with 7031 viewsSwansEvents

Hi folks. I am an events organiser and big Swans fan.

I went away to Man City last weekend and the difference was stark and they managed to create a real pre match buzz. I wish to contact the club to offer my services but am struggling to find an appropriate contact number or email address. Could anyone help me out in that respect?

I was very impressed with Man City and have been wanting us to do similar for years.

They had a section cordoned off where fans were invited to take up a position surrounding it. They had 2 "presenters" who were informing the crowd of how long until the team bus arrives, giving away man city prizes for correct answers to questions etc etc they had a resident DJ playing Manchunian songs like Oasis, Kasabian, happy mondays et al. They also had professional ball jugglers whose skill was sublime and truly did entertain the crowd.

The team bus arrived and it was a real event and the kids loved it, each player off the bus was cheered and announced by the presenters and they had a quick interview with Yaya Toure asking him about being nominated for African Player of the year etc. It was a real way of making it feel very fan orientated and the younger generation were absolutely enthralled. The team must arrive to every game anyway so why not make an event out of it? It really seemed an easy way to connect the fans to the ever increasingly distant superstars of the game.

Would people like to see us making the matchday experience more fan orientated? Or is everyone happy as things are? Just trying to get a feel of the general opinion.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:29 - Nov 25 with 1111 viewsOldjack

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:21 - Nov 25 by Jackfath

Yeah! A disco under the stands for kids women and knobs like you.

People would be leaving even earlier to get there for a dance.

Dear God. Whatever next.

I forgot the special cakes mun ,3-nil up with five to go fuk it i'm off for a boogie sarn and fuk you !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:36 - Nov 25 with 1101 viewsDafyddHuw

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 16:15 - Nov 25 by SwansEvents

Its my Mrs profession really but I help whenever I can, obviously this is something id like to get involved in being my club. But we have organised a charity gig in Brisbane with 12 bands, a freshers weekend at Chester university and helped organise an Oxfam 100kms 48 hour event. That was the main 3 that I played a major role in, my fiancee has an extensive portfolio though.

Chester's got a university? Prof Mickey Thomas?

Anyway, I go for the football, not all the bollocks surrounding it.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:40 - Nov 25 with 1093 viewsSwansEvents

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:36 - Nov 25 by DafyddHuw

Chester's got a university? Prof Mickey Thomas?

Anyway, I go for the football, not all the bollocks surrounding it.

Thats why it is PRE match entertainment and not during match entertainment. Im not suggesting peoples reasoning for going will be the pre match entertainment - come on now.

I am suggesting however, and as others have echoed, a good up to date pre match event made of the game played on the highest stage would improve the match day experience for many. Especially the younger generations.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 17:52]
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:52 - Nov 25 with 1066 viewsmax936

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:40 - Nov 25 by SwansEvents

Thats why it is PRE match entertainment and not during match entertainment. Im not suggesting peoples reasoning for going will be the pre match entertainment - come on now.

I am suggesting however, and as others have echoed, a good up to date pre match event made of the game played on the highest stage would improve the match day experience for many. Especially the younger generations.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 17:52]

Im very sorry but it would have to very very special [then its very doubtful] to get me to leave the pub before 20 mins before Ko, love a beer me

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:58 - Nov 25 with 1058 viewsScoobyWho

None of this is necessary.
Its football.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:59 - Nov 25 with 1057 viewsSwansEvents

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:52 - Nov 25 by max936

Im very sorry but it would have to very very special [then its very doubtful] to get me to leave the pub before 20 mins before Ko, love a beer me

Indeed, as already touched upon, its not designed for the people who already have their pre match entertainment sorted (pub etc) its designed for the thousands of people that mill about the outside of the stadium or even inside the stadium twiddling their thumbs or trawling through their mobile phones an hour before the match.

Usually targeting families, teens and those that don't like to or cant get tanked up prior to a match. Ive never been a big drinker and don't venture into the pubs before a match so this would be more aimed to someone like myself who would take my fiancee and young nephew to the match who seem to be quite under-served in terms of quality entertainment at the Liberty.

A good entertainment corner would help raise the clubs match-day experience rating meaning we would be a more desirable away trip, it may entice people into the grounds vicinity boosting the surrounding businesses as well as the clubs own merchandise outlet. It can also attract its own sponsorship deal and can lead on to the half time entertainment also which many have complained about over the years.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:03 - Nov 25 with 1048 viewsSwansEvents

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:58 - Nov 25 by ScoobyWho

None of this is necessary.
Its football.

Better food stalls are not necessary, better beer isn't necessary, better merchandise is not necessary, pricing schemes are not necessary, better parking isnt necessary, better quality screens are not necessary - there is a list of things that aren't necessary but each one contributes to a better quality day and improvements on and off the pitch should be strived for whether that is for fan enjoyment, comfort or all round entertainment.

If you were talking the dog and duck then id agree, but this is a multi million pound competitive industry in the biggest league in the world. If we can make anything better with minimal fuss and cost then its a good thing. We have people of all ages to cater for and if it makes even 500 kids day more enjoyable and wanting to come back then it cant be overlooked.

As it stands the alternative is... Well.... Nothing.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 18:04]
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:03 - Nov 25 with 1043 viewsJackfath

I like what you are saying Swans Events.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:05 - Nov 25 with 1041 viewsScoobyWho

I would advocate a violence corner where the top boys from each club fought out a medieval type of scrap with the winner running the length of the pitch ( with Kevin Johns doing the commentary like he does with the kids ) and the victor having one aimed kick at the head of the loser. ( Cyril the swan trying to catch his head if it comes off in a small goal like he does now )

It could work.

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:05 - Nov 25 with 1038 viewsSwansEvents

Thanks Jackfath
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:07 - Nov 25 with 1034 viewsScoobyWho

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:05 - Nov 25 by SwansEvents

Thanks Jackfath

You are purposely excluding me, which I expected.

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:09 - Nov 25 with 1031 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

How about the girls from the Ice Bar? (If its still about)

That was classy

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:11 - Nov 25 with 1025 viewsSwansEvents

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:07 - Nov 25 by ScoobyWho

You are purposely excluding me, which I expected.

I replied to you first.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:11 - Nov 25 with 1023 viewsScoobyWho

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:03 - Nov 25 by SwansEvents

Better food stalls are not necessary, better beer isn't necessary, better merchandise is not necessary, pricing schemes are not necessary, better parking isnt necessary, better quality screens are not necessary - there is a list of things that aren't necessary but each one contributes to a better quality day and improvements on and off the pitch should be strived for whether that is for fan enjoyment, comfort or all round entertainment.

If you were talking the dog and duck then id agree, but this is a multi million pound competitive industry in the biggest league in the world. If we can make anything better with minimal fuss and cost then its a good thing. We have people of all ages to cater for and if it makes even 500 kids day more enjoyable and wanting to come back then it cant be overlooked.

As it stands the alternative is... Well.... Nothing.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 18:04]

I do actually concur. It's been a long shift, best of luck with your new venture

I loved our away trips to Orient mind ......

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:12 - Nov 25 with 1019 viewsOldjack

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 17:52 - Nov 25 by max936

Strippers would shift you

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:29 - Nov 25 with 991 viewsmarchamjack

If we could get Anus, cArL, Fat Gwynne and an assortment of Valley Rimmers and line them up pre-match and everyone can throw things at them (...hands up who was thinking punches, bricks etc) then I guarantee you'd get a crowd turn up before the game. C'mon its a winner, get it sorted.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:32 - Nov 25 with 983 viewsSwansEvents

Anybody out there know the best person to contact about this or indeed have any contact details. Would appreciate it!
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:41 - Nov 25 with 963 viewsFlashberryjack

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 13:58 - Nov 25 by SwansEvents

Seems like im not the only one to be impressed then:-

Man City top table for pre match day experience

http://www.mcfc.com/News/Club-news/2014/August/MCFC-top-match-day-experience

Sorry! I will always be wary of someone mentioning the magical words
"MATCH DAY EXPERIENCE"
Those horrific led advertising boards facing the crowd, was done in the name of enhancing my "MATCH DAY EXPERIENCE"

My match day experience is only enhanced when the swans win.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:42 - Nov 25 with 961 viewsThe_Doorman

Was talking to a guy on Saturday and Man City players stay in their club hotel the night before a home game and are bussed into the ground to be greeted by their adoring fans.

Our players drift into the North stand car park at 12 for some pre match grub trying to avoid the fans at all costs.

Different focus on so many levels!
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:57 - Nov 25 with 940 viewsOldjack

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:41 - Nov 25 by Flashberryjack

Sorry! I will always be wary of someone mentioning the magical words
"MATCH DAY EXPERIENCE"
Those horrific led advertising boards facing the crowd, was done in the name of enhancing my "MATCH DAY EXPERIENCE"

My match day experience is only enhanced when the swans win.

This may help

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 19:03 - Nov 25 with 932 viewsScoobyWho

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:29 - Nov 25 by marchamjack

If we could get Anus, cArL, Fat Gwynne and an assortment of Valley Rimmers and line them up pre-match and everyone can throw things at them (...hands up who was thinking punches, bricks etc) then I guarantee you'd get a crowd turn up before the game. C'mon its a winner, get it sorted.

If it was on tv Carl and Anus would be there even if it meant meant they were knocked out.

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 19:15 - Nov 25 with 923 viewsScoobyWho

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:32 - Nov 25 by SwansEvents

Anybody out there know the best person to contact about this or indeed have any contact details. Would appreciate it!

It's sort of falling apart for you at this point mate.

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 19:20 - Nov 25 with 916 viewsairedale

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:32 - Nov 25 by SwansEvents

The Commercial Dept I would guess at.
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 19:20 - Nov 25 with 916 viewsGixerJack

How come nobody's mentioned mud or jelly wrestling??? Oh hang on... Wrong site... Sorry
Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 19:21 - Nov 25 with 915 viewsJackhero

Pre match entertainment, would anyone like this? on 18:42 - Nov 25 by The_Doorman

Was talking to a guy on Saturday and Man City players stay in their club hotel the night before a home game and are bussed into the ground to be greeted by their adoring fans.

Our players drift into the North stand car park at 12 for some pre match grub trying to avoid the fans at all costs.

Different focus on so many levels!

Thats where you are wrong Doorman, took my son and daughter down at about 11:30am / 12 on a matchday a few matches back, players turning up could not have done more for the kids waiting there to meet them and get autographs. All stopped for a picture too. Fantastic stuff. It's just it could be more organised with a proper entrance surrounded by a bit of entertainment. My missus even commented if she had known the Swans players were so good looking she would have come down years ago. Hmmmmm.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024