Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Call me a cynic 16:19 - Nov 25 with 2796 viewsNogginthenog

With the govt desperate to introduce a snoopers
charter, what an opportune moment to use the Lee Rigby report to say that the intelligence services may have been more able to prevent the attack if they had carte blanche access to everyone's emails and ISP info.
Call me a cynic on 11:42 - Nov 26 with 770 viewsCatullus

Call me a cynic on 07:31 - Nov 26 by Nogginthenog

Yes I too am a boring f,,,Ker, but the fact we are already being watched and listened to each day doesn't't make it right. The very people who should stand up for our freedoms are the ones trying to take them away. We obviously won't agree on this. You are obviously ok with having your independence surgically removed by very untrustworthy idiots in parliament. I am not.

But the idiots in Parliament are also being spied on every day!

In the case of the protest march, the police weren't filming you directly. They were looking to see who was there. They use evidence like this to make links in behaviour, build up evidence.
I suppose it would make me feel sfaer if it weren't for our ridiculous foreign policy and behaviour over the years.
Tony Blair has so much to answer for. Even the workers in that charity were against his award. he only got it cos the top man is a sycophant (in my opinion) and in no way does he deserve it, helped the children ffs, how many did he kill?

Has surveillance gone too far, yes and no argument. But for most of us it leads to nothing more than an occasional appearance on a "caught on camera" tv show.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Call me a cynic on 13:25 - Nov 26 with 745 viewsNogginthenog

Call me a cynic on 11:42 - Nov 26 by Catullus

But the idiots in Parliament are also being spied on every day!

In the case of the protest march, the police weren't filming you directly. They were looking to see who was there. They use evidence like this to make links in behaviour, build up evidence.
I suppose it would make me feel sfaer if it weren't for our ridiculous foreign policy and behaviour over the years.
Tony Blair has so much to answer for. Even the workers in that charity were against his award. he only got it cos the top man is a sycophant (in my opinion) and in no way does he deserve it, helped the children ffs, how many did he kill?

Has surveillance gone too far, yes and no argument. But for most of us it leads to nothing more than an occasional appearance on a "caught on camera" tv show.

I know they weren't filming me directly, but peaceful law abiding citizens carrying out fair and just protest should not be treated like some kind of anti establishment troublemakers and have their profiles examined. In China yes but not here.
Call me a cynic on 13:37 - Nov 26 with 729 viewsUxbridge

Didn't we used to fight wars to avoid operating under a totalitarian regime capable of spying on every move we make?

Today's blowout against Facebook is ridiculous. Are we really condemning a company for not spying on its users and reporting that back to the Govt? Blimey.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Call me a cynic on 13:48 - Nov 26 with 720 viewsSwanzay

Call me a cynic on 13:37 - Nov 26 by Uxbridge

Didn't we used to fight wars to avoid operating under a totalitarian regime capable of spying on every move we make?

Today's blowout against Facebook is ridiculous. Are we really condemning a company for not spying on its users and reporting that back to the Govt? Blimey.

Cameron is just using Lee Rigby now for political gain, whilst trying to pass blame onto social media providers.
Hes hoping this nonsense will sucker in the public and get them to back these new powers T May desperately wants.
Its quite sick when you think about it!
Call me a cynic on 11:36 - Nov 27 with 675 viewsCatullus

Call me a cynic on 13:25 - Nov 26 by Nogginthenog

I know they weren't filming me directly, but peaceful law abiding citizens carrying out fair and just protest should not be treated like some kind of anti establishment troublemakers and have their profiles examined. In China yes but not here.

In China yes?????

Again, they would be looking for certain (known) people, they probably didn't even bother to I.D. you.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Call me a cynic on 14:58 - Nov 27 with 658 viewsNogginthenog

Call me a cynic on 11:36 - Nov 27 by Catullus

In China yes?????

Again, they would be looking for certain (known) people, they probably didn't even bother to I.D. you.

You say so but you don't know, that is the very point. They will steal and store information for their own ends without a thought for honest Joe. If they have their way no-one will even know what information is being held or for what purpose.
Call me a cynic on 15:21 - Nov 27 with 653 viewsBloodyhills

Call me a cynic on 17:45 - Nov 25 by Swanzay

T May's timing was most definitely orchestrated to coincide with the Rigby report. These are the people that lose documents on trains and purposefully destroy evidence that could damage their own.
The more information they gather, lose or whatever.Then more they can control and manipulate, thus further increasing their position and control.
IF you think these sorts of things are done for the good of the citizens, need to start thinking for themselves, before they become even more brain washed.

Those of the 'nothing to hide' persuasion, may as well live in a glass house.

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” Benjamin Franklin

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” Goebels

Good post. It's nice to see not everybody on here is a sheep.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Call me a cynic on 23:00 - Nov 27 with 639 viewsFree_Willy

The enhanced security will do nothing to protect the public,

Rigby is dead because the government refused to kill/imprison Michael Adebolajo when he was caught in Kenya trying to join the Mujahideen.

Now there are hundreds of these blessed souls back in the UK who have had military training with ISIS. Question is will it be a school or a shopping centre that gets hit.
Merry Christmas
Login to get fewer ads

Call me a cynic on 02:19 - Nov 28 with 634 viewsHighjack

Can't help thinking if laws are brought in to curb our freedom in the name of anti-terror then the terrorists have already won.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Call me a cynic on 08:39 - Nov 28 with 612 viewsDJack

Call me a cynic on 02:19 - Nov 28 by Highjack

Can't help thinking if laws are brought in to curb our freedom in the name of anti-terror then the terrorists have already won.

...Is the correct answer.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Call me a cynic on 08:51 - Nov 28 with 609 viewsDJack

Call me a cynic on 16:23 - Nov 25 by Jackhero

I get what you are saying, but if you honestly have nothing to hide and are not involved in anything dodgy then why does it matter? It seems the UK and US governments are getting this info anyway legally or not.

In the early days of the "anti-terror" arrests, the only charges that came out of the arrests were for totally non-terror offences. When the security services have your life on file everyone could probably be arrested for some offence or another when it suits them... Do you trust the idiots that govern us and "protect us" to not to fcukup. All I'll say is Brazilian electrician and the officer in charge was promoted later on. As Uxbridge said we've gone to war and undermined nations that operate with an over-arching/totalitarian/unaccountable government.

The people/organisations that say "If you have nothing to hide, then you've nothing to fear" are the least trustworthy of all in my eyes. Don't you wonder what will become a crime if the swivel-eyed loons of UKIP gained power?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Call me a cynic on 18:41 - Nov 28 with 569 viewscontroversial_jack

Rather the citizenry infused with fear, and blinded with patriotism, will offer up all their rights to their leader, and glady so, I know this for this is what I have done, and I am Caesar....Julius Caesar

Says it all for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024