Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum 16:37 - Nov 25 with 1678 viewsJackfath

Good to see extremely well connected and respected people are finally waking up to what I've been saying for years.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/25/why-do-football-fans-insist-on-leaving-games-early

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 16:44 - Nov 25 with 1658 viewsDarran

He knows his stuff does that fella too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 16:49 - Nov 25 with 1642 viewsJackfath

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 16:44 - Nov 25 by Darran

He knows his stuff does that fella too.

I'll be interested to see if those that continue to abuse me over this topic give him the same treatment!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 16:52 - Nov 25 with 1635 viewsDarran

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 16:49 - Nov 25 by Jackfath

I'll be interested to see if those that continue to abuse me over this topic give him the same treatment!

Unlikely I'd say.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 16:54 - Nov 25 with 1626 viewscsf

I never believed all the stuff about JackFath and DYSS being the same person, now I realise it was all a front to hide JakFath and Phil S being the same person!!

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 20:32 - Nov 25 with 1504 viewsdobjack2

Getting people to stay for 90 minutes would be a start. You could build up to getting people to stay until the final whistle goes.
#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 21:24 - Nov 25 with 1424 viewsswancity

No one should be allowed from their seat until the ref has blown his whistle to end a game. Anyone leaving early should be forced to spend an hour in the company of Prosser.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 21:34 - Nov 25 with 1408 viewswaynekerr55

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 21:24 - Nov 25 by swancity

No one should be allowed from their seat until the ref has blown his whistle to end a game. Anyone leaving early should be forced to spend an hour in the company of Prosser.

F*ck me Baldrick you're on the money, although an hour with PROSS would be fun

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 23:42 - Nov 25 with 1331 viewsMrSwan

Watched last nights game and villa fans should start a #COMETOTHEGAME campaign because the amount of seats empty fro the start was a disgrace to the premier league they should be automatically relegated for that.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Login to get fewer ads

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 00:36 - Nov 26 with 1305 viewsTNT

Personally, I don't leave games early ( I see it akin to walking out of a cinema before a film has ended, with a possible twist to come). Yet I appreciate that many of our supporters have journeys mounting to hundreds of miles after games in order to get home. This may mean, for example, getting to Swansea train station by 5:30 p.m. on a Saturday in order to get a train home (with possible train connections elsewhere in the country depending on you catching the 5:30). It's not easy, as I've done it by the skin of my teeth, and I've also missed the said train and had to face the consequences, but I simply have to see the end of the game. Moving to the concourse and legging it as soon as the final whistle is blown can help - but not always.

I also remember getting a train to Sheffield in '85, and a bus from there to Rotherham to watch The Swans play. I knew before the game that I would have to leave about five minutes before the end in order to catch the bus and make the train connection, if I was going to make it home that same night. We were heading for a creditable 0-0 draw, with which I was delighted, when I left. As I exited the ground, and ran down the road for the bus, I heard a cheer loud enough to suggest that it was the away team that had scored! I was elated and disappointed at the same time! I later discovered that it was Alan Waddle who had scored, what turned out to be the winning goal in the 85th minute!

A very different scenario to the one Phil mentions, where someone left early saying he was going to the bar because he'd had enough.

It's worth remembering Jackfath, that not everyone lives a short distance from the Liberty.

I doff my cap to the many Swans fans who go to such great lengths to watch our team, home and / or away, and should they leave early, and as disappointing as it may transpire, there may be a very good reason for that.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum (n/t) on 02:53 - Nov 26 with 1280 viewsscottishjack

...Always stay till the end, learned my lesson when I was younger but there we go, my old man had good reason to get out before the crowd when we were at the Vetch so I can see the other side of the argument as well...

Live and let live etc.... etc... zzzzzzzzzzzzz!
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 3:06]
#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 07:14 - Nov 26 with 1221 viewsSlugster664

I'll try to remember this really really really good thread when I'm leaving the LS on the 80th(ish) minute to get to the pub early in order to get a bevvy down my neck.....oh, wait a minute.......F#CK OFF YOU BORING CU NT!!!

STID

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 11:17 - Nov 26 with 1113 viewsCatullus

I shall be leaving early on Saturday as I have to go to work. Forewarned is forearmed!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 12:41 - Nov 26 with 1079 viewssomersetsimon

Unforgivable to leave a match with the outcome in doubt, just to get to the bar. However, if clubs sorted out their car parks and public transport, then people wouldn't have to leave early to avoid taking an hour to get out of a car park or have a chance of getting on a bus.
#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 15:04 - Nov 26 with 1004 viewsSlugster664

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 12:41 - Nov 26 by somersetsimon

Unforgivable to leave a match with the outcome in doubt, just to get to the bar. However, if clubs sorted out their car parks and public transport, then people wouldn't have to leave early to avoid taking an hour to get out of a car park or have a chance of getting on a bus.

Nothing to do with transport for me, I just want to leave whenever I feel like to get ale down me. How that is unforgiveable is laughable. Surely I can leave the stadium when I want, or do I need permission from one of you lot?

STID

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 15:22 - Nov 26 with 994 viewsScoobyWho

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 16:49 - Nov 25 by Jackfath

If it was relevant it would be worthy of discussion, it isn't. Your desire to control what people do is extremely concerning.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 15:34 - Nov 26 with 975 viewsClinton

How about a campaign for fans to stay in their places for the last 5 minutes or so of the first half.
The atmosphere at the Liberty dies a death on about 38 minutes, when loads disappear to try to get served before the half time rush.
Last year especially we were regularly conceding in the last few minutes of the first half. could it be due to the crowd going quiet/disappearing ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 15:44 - Nov 26 with 964 viewsPonderosa

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 21:24 - Nov 25 by swancity

You are to humour what Darren Wilson is to race relations in the US
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 15:46]

Bring The Missus

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 16:55 - Nov 26 with 916 viewsJackfath

I am amazed people are STILL continuing to abuse me over this topic when the article was written by somebody else.

Why not have a pop at him and call him the vile names?

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 18:59 - Nov 26 with 864 viewsQuakerJack

That feller whinging and then leaving on 83 mins because he'd "had enough". Of what? Winning trophies? They're a funny bunch them City fans. They were silent last night, whilst they're team was a goal down and fighting to stay in the champions league.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 20:02 - Nov 26 with 842 viewswaynekerr55

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 16:55 - Nov 26 by Jackfath

I am amazed people are STILL continuing to abuse me over this topic when the article was written by somebody else.

Because they are HATING on you Fath. I don't understand it myself, you are nothing more than a SCAMP!

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 20:04 - Nov 26 with 842 viewsscottishjack

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 16:55 - Nov 26 by Jackfath

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 21:00 - Nov 26 with 803 viewsScoobyWho

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 20:02 - Nov 26 by waynekerr55

Because they are HATING on you Fath. I don't understand it myself, you are nothing more than a SCAMP!

How do you 'hate on' someone ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 21:08 - Nov 26 with 796 viewswaynekerr55

#stayforthe90 campaign gathers momentum on 21:00 - Nov 26 by ScoobyWho

How do you 'hate on' someone ?

Haters gonna hate Scoobs

Fath just needs to shake it AAAHHH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024