Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal Celebration Music 21:46 - Nov 25 with 14313 viewsJackEwing

Just watched City, just score the winner and couldn't help but notice how much better it sounded without awful goal celebration music.

How do we go about getting rid of our cringy goal music? Is the announcer at the Liberty accountable at all? Polls on here have highlighted the vast majority of fans don't want it.

Surely the trust can do something which is simple to stop the music and improve the match day experience. It makes us look so small time for a global brand, which we are now
Goal Celebration Music on 10:12 - Nov 27 with 1114 viewsDewi1jack

Personally,
I wouldn't mind looking over to the West stand and see them tapping their feet and doing a little bit of a jig to the goal music 20 times a game, (although I'm going to be a knackered out old man, with all that dancing )
If you're down the ground, try celebrating and cheering, you know, make a little noise; sing now and again- live a little. You may like it once you try.
You may find you couldn't give a sh1te what music is played then.
You won't hear it anyway

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Goal Celebration Music on 10:15 - Nov 27 with 1109 viewsLeonisGod

Goal Celebration Music on 13:24 - Nov 26 by Musical_Swan

'What a beautiful day' by The Levellers.

Of course I've been humming that song a lot and now it all makes sense, as it ain't in my record collection. I'm so bl00dy dozy sometimes.
Goal Celebration Music on 10:20 - Nov 27 with 1106 viewsDarran

Goal Celebration Music on 10:12 - Nov 27 by Dewi1jack

Personally,
I wouldn't mind looking over to the West stand and see them tapping their feet and doing a little bit of a jig to the goal music 20 times a game, (although I'm going to be a knackered out old man, with all that dancing )
If you're down the ground, try celebrating and cheering, you know, make a little noise; sing now and again- live a little. You may like it once you try.
You may find you couldn't give a sh1te what music is played then.
You won't hear it anyway

I'm not sure what the West Stands got to do with it when the biggest idiots on here against the music (jackewing,Field Of Dreams etc) are in the East.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Goal Celebration Music on 10:58 - Nov 27 with 1086 viewsMorfa_Same

Get rid of it FFS. It may not be a problem in the east stand where you can't hear the PA system anyway but over in the west where the PA system is 10000000 decibels it's much more intrusive.

We've already had a poll on here where three quarters of us wanted it gone. That seems fairly conclusive to me. I'm amazed that 1 in 4 people actually like it but each to their own.
Goal Celebration Music on 11:05 - Nov 27 with 1082 viewssherpajacob

My little boy loves the levellers when we are leaving the ground.

I'm not a big fan of tom hark after a goal. don't think we need goal music, but if we must have goal music, let each player choose his own song to be played, they do something similar in 20/20 cricket.
Would be interesting to see what each player came up with.
For own goals they could play some benny hill theme / clown type music.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Goal Celebration Music on 11:12 - Nov 27 with 1076 viewsDarran

Goal Celebration Music on 10:58 - Nov 27 by Morfa_Same

Get rid of it FFS. It may not be a problem in the east stand where you can't hear the PA system anyway but over in the west where the PA system is 10000000 decibels it's much more intrusive.

We've already had a poll on here where three quarters of us wanted it gone. That seems fairly conclusive to me. I'm amazed that 1 in 4 people actually like it but each to their own.

Is that the poll where 72 people voted to get rid of it?
Just for the record our last home attendance was 20,812.

Goal Celebration Music on 11:45 - Nov 27 with 1054 viewskopperburgjack

In the east and hardly notice it, too busy jumping on everyone

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Goal Celebration Music on 12:16 - Nov 27 with 1039 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

It seems those posters who have issue with the topic of getting rid of “goal music” (even typing it sounds daft) are at the same time stating how they can’t even hear it as they’re too busy celebrating.

Nonsensical or what? I’d have more respect for you lot if you just admitted you love jigging on the spot like a twerp in the vain hope of getting your ugly mugs on MOTD.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

Login to get fewer ads

Goal Celebration Music on 12:27 - Nov 27 with 1030 viewsDewi1jack

Goal Celebration Music on 10:20 - Nov 27 by Darran

I'm not sure what the West Stands got to do with it when the biggest idiots on here against the music (jackewing,Field Of Dreams etc) are in the East.

Try reading the post Dar.
And if those " biggest idiots against the music" are in the East, can we transfer them?
They're giving us in the ASBO arena a bad name by actually hearing the music when we score.
Why aren't they singing and chanting? Bloody disgraceful behaviour trying to act all decent/ prim and proper in the East stand. Tch tch, don't know what the World's coming to.
Bet they don't sing and cheer away from home either
Can't be sitting in the East though. Everyone knows the sound system in the East has been pretty sh1te since we moved there
Guarantee you'll be listening to the music and having a little jig, next time you're bladdered and watching MOTD though.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Goal Celebration Music on 13:14 - Nov 27 with 1000 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 10:20 - Nov 27 by Darran

So I now sit on the East? and I'm a big idiot, as I don't agree with your opinion or find your sarcastic humour hillarious. Wonder why people have left this forum
Goal Celebration Music on 21:11 - Nov 27 with 950 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 07:26 - Nov 27 by Phil_S

No you're right it doesn't mean it is representative but short of standing in the rain and interviewing everyone that walks in then it is as representative as it gets

The matter was raised (interestingly with the same point you made) and it was taken as a straw poll to retain/lose the music and retain won by a massive majority. By not bothered, I mean not bothered by the music was what I was getting at - in other words they voted yes.

And in reality it is not going to be one of those battles I would even spend much time working on for the Trust - there are more important ones floating around particularly at the moment

This post has been edited by an administrator

I’m glad you acknowledge that it is not representative. I would assume it’s roughly the same people that attend the trust meetings regularly? I would like to have seen how the question was presented and vote taken. I feel the issue hasn’t been adequately addressed.

Granted numbers were small (prob due to not having prominence on the site). However as mentioned by Morfa Same, the poll on here in August overwhelmingly voted to drop the goal celebration music. Similarly the debate on the forum was not in favour of the music and quite damming in fact. That should have been enough evidence to drop the music.

The debate this time hasn’t been as constructive. However when you have certain posters continually hijacking threads and abusing other posters, it is hardly surprising that people don’t visit the site and contribute in the numbers as previously. The amount of good posters that have left this site is startling.

As I stated if the trust published an agenda prior to their meetings and I had realised it was due to be discussed beforehand, I may have even attended. Similarly other fans I know that feel fed up with the embarrassing goal music and in the Liberty in general.

That’s why it would be beneficial to have the announcer as a guest for fans to address him with our grievances. As I said he appears to have no accountability and do what he wants.

I feel he doesn’t enhance the match day experience and only detracts. We are a global brand now and the vast majority of our fans are watching all over the globe on TV. We want to convey the passionate Swansea Jack atmosphere to them into their living rooms. It is fantastic to hear our fans singing and creating a wall of sound and we want that to transcend through to fans worldwide and spread the Swansea City Sound.

Then at the key moment after we score, instead of hearing the Swans faithful shout for joy, what do you get some dodgy 70’s ska band from Brighton blasting through your airwaves.

The song is not relevant to the Swans whatsoever, so why play it? Just let the audience hear the Swans shout and cheer. Previously after a goal it would often lead to spontaneous chants almost directly afterwards such as:

Easy, easy, easy
Who are you, who are you?
Hyms and Arias… etc

The use of music kills all this.

I would like him to answer, why was the decision taking to introduce goal music in the first place when the overwhelming majority of clubs don’t use any? Also why pick the very unimaginative Tom Hark song? It has nothing to do with our club. Also it is being used by Wigan Athletic and do we really need to model ourselves on that great football institution.

As I mentioned there is a disillusionment and apathy to the Trust at present.

You may have bigger battles at present, but this is a quick win for the trust. All that is needed is for the trust to tell the bloke to stop playing the music.

As for the flippant comment, regarding standing in the rain asking every fan their opinion. I feel there is a genuine need for the Trust to find more effective means to consult with the fans.

Electronically perhaps using this site and possibly Jim’s to produce a more comprehensive survey/questionnaire to look at the match day/music /pre-match, half time entertainment to look at ways of improving it. Someone on an earlier thread mentioned some of the positives of Man City which we could incorporate.

This wouldn’t cost a fortune and it would show that the trust continues to listen to its fans and look for new and innovative ways to engage with all Swans fans not just trust members.
Goal Celebration Music on 21:17 - Nov 27 with 944 viewsDarran

Goal Celebration Music on 13:14 - Nov 27 by JackEwing

So I now sit on the East? and I'm a big idiot, as I don't agree with your opinion or find your sarcastic humour hillarious. Wonder why people have left this forum

Who's left?

Goal Celebration Music on 21:42 - Nov 27 with 926 viewsJBT95

Goal Celebration Music on 11:45 - Nov 27 by kopperburgjack

In the east and hardly notice it, too busy jumping on everyone

This haha

I do like what Palace do, a bit like other countries, call out the first name of the goalscorer and then the home fans shout the surname. That would be cool to do at the Liberty I think.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 21:43]
Goal Celebration Music on 22:30 - Nov 27 with 905 viewsPhil_S

Goal Celebration Music on 21:11 - Nov 27 by JackEwing

I’m glad you acknowledge that it is not representative. I would assume it’s roughly the same people that attend the trust meetings regularly? I would like to have seen how the question was presented and vote taken. I feel the issue hasn’t been adequately addressed.

Granted numbers were small (prob due to not having prominence on the site). However as mentioned by Morfa Same, the poll on here in August overwhelmingly voted to drop the goal celebration music. Similarly the debate on the forum was not in favour of the music and quite damming in fact. That should have been enough evidence to drop the music.

The debate this time hasn’t been as constructive. However when you have certain posters continually hijacking threads and abusing other posters, it is hardly surprising that people don’t visit the site and contribute in the numbers as previously. The amount of good posters that have left this site is startling.

As I stated if the trust published an agenda prior to their meetings and I had realised it was due to be discussed beforehand, I may have even attended. Similarly other fans I know that feel fed up with the embarrassing goal music and in the Liberty in general.

That’s why it would be beneficial to have the announcer as a guest for fans to address him with our grievances. As I said he appears to have no accountability and do what he wants.

I feel he doesn’t enhance the match day experience and only detracts. We are a global brand now and the vast majority of our fans are watching all over the globe on TV. We want to convey the passionate Swansea Jack atmosphere to them into their living rooms. It is fantastic to hear our fans singing and creating a wall of sound and we want that to transcend through to fans worldwide and spread the Swansea City Sound.

Then at the key moment after we score, instead of hearing the Swans faithful shout for joy, what do you get some dodgy 70’s ska band from Brighton blasting through your airwaves.

The song is not relevant to the Swans whatsoever, so why play it? Just let the audience hear the Swans shout and cheer. Previously after a goal it would often lead to spontaneous chants almost directly afterwards such as:

Easy, easy, easy
Who are you, who are you?
Hyms and Arias… etc

The use of music kills all this.

I would like him to answer, why was the decision taking to introduce goal music in the first place when the overwhelming majority of clubs don’t use any? Also why pick the very unimaginative Tom Hark song? It has nothing to do with our club. Also it is being used by Wigan Athletic and do we really need to model ourselves on that great football institution.

As I mentioned there is a disillusionment and apathy to the Trust at present.

You may have bigger battles at present, but this is a quick win for the trust. All that is needed is for the trust to tell the bloke to stop playing the music.

As for the flippant comment, regarding standing in the rain asking every fan their opinion. I feel there is a genuine need for the Trust to find more effective means to consult with the fans.

Electronically perhaps using this site and possibly Jim’s to produce a more comprehensive survey/questionnaire to look at the match day/music /pre-match, half time entertainment to look at ways of improving it. Someone on an earlier thread mentioned some of the positives of Man City which we could incorporate.

This wouldn’t cost a fortune and it would show that the trust continues to listen to its fans and look for new and innovative ways to engage with all Swans fans not just trust members.

You are mistaking your view as the view of the majority and as was proven at the Trust forum (which incidentally there are never agendas published other than the chance to ask questions) it is not probably the view of the majority

Genuinely if there is apathy towards the Trust at the moment (which incidentally the recent surge in member numbers suggest this not to be the case) then it won't be over goal music and if someone joins purely because of it then I feel they have completely mistaken the purpose of the Trust which is not to decide the playlists before a match or even during it which will never please anyone.

The goal music doesn't bother me and doesn't bother a large percentage of our support and there are far more pressing issues to worry about like reduction in prices, ownership of the club and an array of other things. I will certainly not look to waste any Trust money surveying our members on something like this

If the question is asked at the next forum and the vote is different then the club have their viewpoint but they took one this time and it was overwhelming in favour of music staying

I take your views that you don't enjoy it or want it to say but when you take a viewpoint of fans then you have to treat it as representative and if people genuinely feel strongly enough about a point then they raise it which incidentally that is what kicked the discussion off at the forum in that someone raised the fact that they didn't like it

And finally you cannot take a vote that doesn't match your ideas as not representative but use the one that does as completely representative - more people voted at the Trust forum than on here on the subject

Oh and just to say the last point wasn't final the atmosphere in amongst the City fans last week was complete cack

Goal Celebration Music on 23:11 - Nov 27 with 888 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 22:30 - Nov 27 by Phil_S

You are mistaking your view as the view of the majority and as was proven at the Trust forum (which incidentally there are never agendas published other than the chance to ask questions) it is not probably the view of the majority

Genuinely if there is apathy towards the Trust at the moment (which incidentally the recent surge in member numbers suggest this not to be the case) then it won't be over goal music and if someone joins purely because of it then I feel they have completely mistaken the purpose of the Trust which is not to decide the playlists before a match or even during it which will never please anyone.

The goal music doesn't bother me and doesn't bother a large percentage of our support and there are far more pressing issues to worry about like reduction in prices, ownership of the club and an array of other things. I will certainly not look to waste any Trust money surveying our members on something like this

If the question is asked at the next forum and the vote is different then the club have their viewpoint but they took one this time and it was overwhelming in favour of music staying

I take your views that you don't enjoy it or want it to say but when you take a viewpoint of fans then you have to treat it as representative and if people genuinely feel strongly enough about a point then they raise it which incidentally that is what kicked the discussion off at the forum in that someone raised the fact that they didn't like it

And finally you cannot take a vote that doesn't match your ideas as not representative but use the one that does as completely representative - more people voted at the Trust forum than on here on the subject

Oh and just to say the last point wasn't final the atmosphere in amongst the City fans last week was complete cack

I would question how representative a vote in a trust meeting is of our fanbase. A poll on this site in the summer overwhelmingly voted to ditch the music. Anyone that has a knowledge of social research will know that because numbers may have been slightly higher in your meeting it doesn't mean its more representative.

I feel confident that any proper sampled and administered survey would highlight that fans do not want the music.

As mentioned it would be worth undertaking proper research to discuss not just the music, but other issues that affect our club at the same time.

Not just a case of whoever can turn up to a meeting, without knowing what the agenda is and sticking their hands up in the air to vote.

The apathy to the trust stems from the complete shambles with the season ticket arrangements after we got promoted, as I mentioned previously. Nothing to do with the goal music

Although as I mentioned I feel you have not addressed the issue effectively and tried to belittle the issue. It does have an impact on the way we present ourselves to a worldwide audience after we score. Currently its a bunch of fans that want to be like Wigan Athleric and would rather dance to a dodgy 70's ska record instead of celebrating and singing songs associate with our club!
Goal Celebration Music on 23:26 - Nov 27 with 880 viewsDarran

Goal Celebration Music on 23:11 - Nov 27 by JackEwing

I would question how representative a vote in a trust meeting is of our fanbase. A poll on this site in the summer overwhelmingly voted to ditch the music. Anyone that has a knowledge of social research will know that because numbers may have been slightly higher in your meeting it doesn't mean its more representative.

I feel confident that any proper sampled and administered survey would highlight that fans do not want the music.

As mentioned it would be worth undertaking proper research to discuss not just the music, but other issues that affect our club at the same time.

Not just a case of whoever can turn up to a meeting, without knowing what the agenda is and sticking their hands up in the air to vote.

The apathy to the trust stems from the complete shambles with the season ticket arrangements after we got promoted, as I mentioned previously. Nothing to do with the goal music

Although as I mentioned I feel you have not addressed the issue effectively and tried to belittle the issue. It does have an impact on the way we present ourselves to a worldwide audience after we score. Currently its a bunch of fans that want to be like Wigan Athleric and would rather dance to a dodgy 70's ska record instead of celebrating and singing songs associate with our club!

72 people voted to get rid in the poll on this site Mate and just incase you don't understand that's SEVENTY TWO.

Goal Celebration Music on 23:29 - Nov 27 with 878 viewsDarran

Out of curiosity if it has an impact on the way we present ourselves to a worldwide audience after we score how doesn't it affect Bayern Munich?

Honestly WTF?

Goal Celebration Music on 23:35 - Nov 27 with 871 viewsPhil_S

Goal Celebration Music on 23:11 - Nov 27 by JackEwing

I'm not belittling anything and the apathy that you experience is not as wide as you would like it to believe, pardon the pun but trust me on that one.

We aren't going to disagree and I am not taking a poll of 72 people on here as a mandate to change things that really in the grand scheme of things are not important.

Enjoy the moment of celebrating the goal that is what it is all about whether you like the music or not.

And by all means if you want to administer a detailed and comprehensive survey to get a full representation then do so, the club will be obliged to listen to the answers, whether they act on them is probably up to the department responsible

To me there is no issue and certainly not one for a 21% shareholder to need to address ahead of more pressing issues

No belittling just telling you the reality of the situation
Goal Celebration Music on 23:40 - Nov 27 with 864 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 23:29 - Nov 27 by Darran

Out of curiosity if it has an impact on the way we present ourselves to a worldwide audience after we score how doesn't it affect Bayern Munich?

Honestly WTF?

Why I'm bothering to respond I don't know. 72? Your point being?

I tell you what go and read a book on social research theory and methods then get back to me.

German teams have a history of goal songs in recent years we don't in EPL.

Munich are a world wide brand.

They have taken ownership of their song.

They haven't stolen it off Wigan.

Its not a terrible 70's ska song.

They are not an upcomming club performing in the most watched league in world.
Goal Celebration Music on 23:59 - Nov 27 with 857 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 23:35 - Nov 27 by Phil_S

I'm not belittling anything and the apathy that you experience is not as wide as you would like it to believe, pardon the pun but trust me on that one.

We aren't going to disagree and I am not taking a poll of 72 people on here as a mandate to change things that really in the grand scheme of things are not important.

Enjoy the moment of celebrating the goal that is what it is all about whether you like the music or not.

And by all means if you want to administer a detailed and comprehensive survey to get a full representation then do so, the club will be obliged to listen to the answers, whether they act on them is probably up to the department responsible

To me there is no issue and certainly not one for a 21% shareholder to need to address ahead of more pressing issues

No belittling just telling you the reality of the situation

I think its the trust's role to make sure it effectively engages with the fans not only trust members and those that attend forum meetings not mine.

I don't wish any apathy, but know fans hurt be the season ticket fiasco, which lost faith.

Anyway we aren't going to agree.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. heres to many goals on Saturday. Jack Army!
Goal Celebration Music on 08:53 - Nov 28 with 811 viewsPhil_S

Goal Celebration Music on 23:59 - Nov 27 by JackEwing

I think its the trust's role to make sure it effectively engages with the fans not only trust members and those that attend forum meetings not mine.

I don't wish any apathy, but know fans hurt be the season ticket fiasco, which lost faith.

Anyway we aren't going to agree.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. heres to many goals on Saturday. Jack Army!

You're right we won't get any agreement between us on this particular subject but I will never argue with your last line
Goal Celebration Music on 09:02 - Nov 28 with 799 viewsWhiterockin

I have only one thing to say on this. JackEwing you need to get a life.
Goal Celebration Music on 09:14 - Nov 28 with 786 viewsPapaLazarou

You do know that the Swans have had music blasting out of the tannoy for almost 15 years now, don't you?

This isn't a new thing - in fact, I think Tom Hark used to get played for equalizing goals down The Vetch, so the Wigan point is pretty irrelevant.

This isn't an issue for the majority of our support, because everybody is too busy going mental.

Live and let live...

BUT KEEP WHITE RIOT!!
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 9:14]
Goal Celebration Music on 09:27 - Nov 28 with 777 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 09:14 - Nov 28 by PapaLazarou

You do know that the Swans have had music blasting out of the tannoy for almost 15 years now, don't you?

This isn't a new thing - in fact, I think Tom Hark used to get played for equalizing goals down The Vetch, so the Wigan point is pretty irrelevant.

This isn't an issue for the majority of our support, because everybody is too busy going mental.

Live and let live...

BUT KEEP WHITE RIOT!!
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 9:14]

They haven't. There was a brief period when they played the france 1998 dario g song I believe. And when trundle scored they played a queen snippit. The majority of time nothing was played. It was never regular,
look back at the hull game and check?

Anyway I'm off to work now as I do have a life! Lol

Whether you agree with my point or not, it highlights the trusts need to engage with their fanbase more effectively. If this was done I'm sure the vast majority would want the music stopped or changed. A large scale survey highlighting not just this but many other issues is needed.
Goal Celebration Music on 09:37 - Nov 28 with 765 viewsPapaLazarou

Goal Celebration Music on 09:27 - Nov 28 by JackEwing

They haven't. There was a brief period when they played the france 1998 dario g song I believe. And when trundle scored they played a queen snippit. The majority of time nothing was played. It was never regular,
look back at the hull game and check?

Anyway I'm off to work now as I do have a life! Lol

Whether you agree with my point or not, it highlights the trusts need to engage with their fanbase more effectively. If this was done I'm sure the vast majority would want the music stopped or changed. A large scale survey highlighting not just this but many other issues is needed.

There was goal music at the Hull game, think it was the song they used to use for that "Egypt - Land of the Pharaohs" advert...

They even used to play an Eminem song when we scored down The Vetch in that season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024