Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal Celebration Music 21:46 - Nov 25 with 14303 viewsJackEwing

Just watched City, just score the winner and couldn't help but notice how much better it sounded without awful goal celebration music.

How do we go about getting rid of our cringy goal music? Is the announcer at the Liberty accountable at all? Polls on here have highlighted the vast majority of fans don't want it.

Surely the trust can do something which is simple to stop the music and improve the match day experience. It makes us look so small time for a global brand, which we are now
Goal Celebration Music on 09:50 - Nov 28 with 1241 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Jack Ewing has a point to be fair, it’s the little things that help contribute towards a better match day experience for the fans, having no goal music would add to that, as is masking the awful soviet era grey concrete walls, getting a decent PA system & better catering facilities. I know there might be bigger issues to consider at the moment such as the stadium expansion, potential investment etc but the little things should be easy wins which can be done relatively straight forward. Whether the trust chairman or the egocentric Darren Prosser think the issue of goal music is irrelevant is neither here or there, they don’t represent the majority of the fans anymore than I do & I doubt whether more than a few hundred know who they are.

It seems an apathetic attitude & accepting the status quo is trait inherent to the majority of Swansea folk, you only have to stake a stroll around the city centre to see what a dump the place has become due to a lack of foresight. It even took tony petty almost driving the club out of business (again) for the fans to wake up & realise what the club represents to the city and the community.

Swansea City FC is the main thing that puts Swansea on the map in the UK/World, we should be striving to make sure the club has a unique identity, so why copy no-mark clubs like Wigan who can’t generate an atmosphere? We have a passionate fan base & some great songs, it’s beyond me why any Swansea Jack would want the current shite pumped over the pa system, when our goals get replayed all over the world on highlight packages, it wouldn’t be so bad if it was 1) Actually a welsh song 2) Had something to do with the swans.

The swans have done more for the city of Swansea is recent years than any council or the welsh assembly has done, it attracts money, status & investment to the city — we need to strive for better not just accept sh!t because that’s how it is.

There we are though, perhaps Swansea is the graveyard of ambition after all.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

Goal Celebration Music on 09:55 - Nov 28 with 1232 viewsLe_Swans

The goal music isn't on that long, no chants would get sung during the time its played as everyone is too busy going mental and cheering, by the time this ends the music has stopped and a chant will start, this "it stops the atmosphere" nonsense is rubbish, it doesn't have any affect and as people have said many don't even notice it.
Goal Celebration Music on 09:58 - Nov 28 with 1227 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Goal Celebration Music on 09:55 - Nov 28 by Le_Swans

The goal music isn't on that long, no chants would get sung during the time its played as everyone is too busy going mental and cheering, by the time this ends the music has stopped and a chant will start, this "it stops the atmosphere" nonsense is rubbish, it doesn't have any affect and as people have said many don't even notice it.

Why have then in the first place?

Goal Celebration Music on 10:00 - Nov 28 with 1225 viewsDarran

Goal Celebration Music on 09:50 - Nov 28 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Jack Ewing has a point to be fair, it’s the little things that help contribute towards a better match day experience for the fans, having no goal music would add to that, as is masking the awful soviet era grey concrete walls, getting a decent PA system & better catering facilities. I know there might be bigger issues to consider at the moment such as the stadium expansion, potential investment etc but the little things should be easy wins which can be done relatively straight forward. Whether the trust chairman or the egocentric Darren Prosser think the issue of goal music is irrelevant is neither here or there, they don’t represent the majority of the fans anymore than I do & I doubt whether more than a few hundred know who they are.

It seems an apathetic attitude & accepting the status quo is trait inherent to the majority of Swansea folk, you only have to stake a stroll around the city centre to see what a dump the place has become due to a lack of foresight. It even took tony petty almost driving the club out of business (again) for the fans to wake up & realise what the club represents to the city and the community.

Swansea City FC is the main thing that puts Swansea on the map in the UK/World, we should be striving to make sure the club has a unique identity, so why copy no-mark clubs like Wigan who can’t generate an atmosphere? We have a passionate fan base & some great songs, it’s beyond me why any Swansea Jack would want the current shite pumped over the pa system, when our goals get replayed all over the world on highlight packages, it wouldn’t be so bad if it was 1) Actually a welsh song 2) Had something to do with the swans.

The swans have done more for the city of Swansea is recent years than any council or the welsh assembly has done, it attracts money, status & investment to the city — we need to strive for better not just accept sh!t because that’s how it is.

There we are though, perhaps Swansea is the graveyard of ambition after all.

Hahahahaha what a cock.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Goal Celebration Music on 10:02 - Nov 28 with 1222 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Goal Celebration Music on 10:00 - Nov 28 by Darran

Hahahahaha what a cock.

Well done — you’ve showed yourself up to be a dimwit once more with a 10 year olds grasp on vocabulary.

Goal Celebration Music on 10:07 - Nov 28 with 1208 viewsDarran

Goal Celebration Music on 10:02 - Nov 28 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Well done — you’ve showed yourself up to be a dimwit once more with a 10 year olds grasp on vocabulary.

Goal Celebration Music on 10:10 - Nov 28 with 1198 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Goal Celebration Music on 10:07 - Nov 28 by Darran

You just keep proving you don’t have the intellect or wherewithal to debate with me, give up now before it gets embarrassing for you sunshine.

Goal Celebration Music on 10:15 - Nov 28 with 1188 viewsDarran

Goal Celebration Music on 10:10 - Nov 28 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

You just keep proving you don’t have the intellect or wherewithal to debate with me, give up now before it gets embarrassing for you sunshine.

Login to get fewer ads

Goal Celebration Music on 10:16 - Nov 28 with 1185 viewsLe_Swans

Goal Celebration Music on 09:58 - Nov 28 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Why have then in the first place?

Why not? It's there at the moment, the club obviously feel it adds something, there really is no need for all this palaver about it, some like it, some don't and some don't mind, that's life.

What happens if we get rid of it, then someone does some more "Social Research" by putting a poll up on here to bring it back, and it ends up that 73 people do, do we then bring it back? (Bare in mind that people can vote multiple times via different user names, so not exactly a fair poll)

If it really annoys people that much then go to one of the trust meetings and raise your concerns, and they'll more than likely do another vote on the day, however it really doesn't warrant them spending any more time, and definitely not any much needed funds that they have just to appease a few people on a message board.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 10:17]
Goal Celebration Music on 10:16 - Nov 28 with 1185 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Goal Celebration Music on 10:15 - Nov 28 by Darran

Point proven.

Goal Celebration Music on 10:20 - Nov 28 with 1173 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Goal Celebration Music on 10:16 - Nov 28 by Le_Swans

Why not? It's there at the moment, the club obviously feel it adds something, there really is no need for all this palaver about it, some like it, some don't and some don't mind, that's life.

What happens if we get rid of it, then someone does some more "Social Research" by putting a poll up on here to bring it back, and it ends up that 73 people do, do we then bring it back? (Bare in mind that people can vote multiple times via different user names, so not exactly a fair poll)

If it really annoys people that much then go to one of the trust meetings and raise your concerns, and they'll more than likely do another vote on the day, however it really doesn't warrant them spending any more time, and definitely not any much needed funds that they have just to appease a few people on a message board.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 10:17]

Just because it’s there at the moment & the club think it’s good doesn't make it so.

Can you or someone that is for the goal music actually explain to me what you like about it?

I’m genuinely intrigued to see what’s enjoyable about it.

Goal Celebration Music on 10:27 - Nov 28 with 1160 viewsLe_Swans

Goal Celebration Music on 10:20 - Nov 28 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Just because it’s there at the moment & the club think it’s good doesn't make it so.

Can you or someone that is for the goal music actually explain to me what you like about it?

I'm not fussed on it either way, I do see several thousand people dancing to it after each goal though (that arms in the air alternately thing) so obviously people do enjoy it.
Goal Celebration Music on 10:28 - Nov 28 with 1158 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Like others I don't notice it in the mayhem after a goal.

I remember ages ago we had a goal disallowed and whoever controls the music was the last to realise.
It certainly was naff on that occasion.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Goal Celebration Music on 10:50 - Nov 28 with 1134 viewsLeonisGod

Goal Celebration Music on 21:42 - Nov 27 by JBT95

This haha

I do like what Palace do, a bit like other countries, call out the first name of the goalscorer and then the home fans shout the surname. That would be cool to do at the Liberty I think.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 21:43]

We just have to play the chorus from Daddy Cool by Bony M when Bony scores. That's a trick missed imo. Not many players are synonymous with a song, but when they are why not use it?
Goal Celebration Music on 10:53 - Nov 28 with 1131 viewsPlazex

Don't they play a different song when bony scores?

Poll: Where will we finish?

Goal Celebration Music on 12:13 - Nov 28 with 1095 viewsMorfa_Same

Goal Celebration Music on 23:26 - Nov 27 by Darran

72 people voted to get rid in the poll on this site Mate and just incase you don't understand that's SEVENTY TWO.

And 29 voted to keep it TWENTY NINE.
Goal Celebration Music on 12:28 - Nov 28 with 1082 viewsDewi1jack

Goal Celebration Music on 10:20 - Nov 28 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Just watched Bafes goal (again) against Arsehole Whingers side of bottlers.
There seems to be a fair bit of noise after it and the camera person seems to catch a lot of women, men and rugrats bopping along to it like it's a 70's disco.
So to sum up the music thread;
The choral sections of the stadium don't hear it as
1) they're going mental(er)
2) the PA system has been sh1te in The East by the penalty area towards the away fans, since we moved there
The rest of the East and South appear to be humming/ singing along to the music and having a little jig.
The West are tapping their feet in time to the beat

72 people voted against the music or about a third of 1% of our home crowd
Seems the majority couldn't give a fuk one way or the other.

Rather than the trust spend money it just may need for a future battle on an insignificant poll of supporters.

Why don't those who are against the music, go down the ground early and do a proper "social study"
Poll around 1500 to 3,000 people (simple yes or no to music hypothesis, keep it simple. Add in people who don't care and you could be sorting the results for months. The more people you poll, the more accurate your results will be). Take your results showing at least a 95% CI to the Trust, who can then take it to the club and get the music stopped.
I know you who are against music won't do this poll, as it means giving up your time to prove beyond reasonable doubt you're right.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Goal Celebration Music on 19:24 - Nov 28 with 1018 viewsPlazex

I feel that it does add something to the overall atmosphere of the game, like when we score the stadium dances and even sings to the music and I feel that we have adopted the song, as we are probably one of the only PL clubs to use that song (If any more do, tell me).

I think that the 'Samba De Janiero' sounds better. Heard it in reading's ground on the FL show, where they announced the scorer in the short break in the main chorus of the song.

I also like the thing Crystal Palace do when a player scores. Say if wilfried bony scores, the guy would say "Swansea City goalscorer, number 10, Wilfied Bonyyy! Wilfried?" and the crowd says last name. Maybe we should take the mick tomorrow and do that when we score.

I can hear it in the east stand at the halfway line and love having a sing and dance to it XD. But if we took it away it wouldn't be the same.

Poll: Where will we finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024