Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal Celebration Music 21:46 - Nov 25 with 14677 viewsJackEwing

Just watched City, just score the winner and couldn't help but notice how much better it sounded without awful goal celebration music.

How do we go about getting rid of our cringy goal music? Is the announcer at the Liberty accountable at all? Polls on here have highlighted the vast majority of fans don't want it.

Surely the trust can do something which is simple to stop the music and improve the match day experience. It makes us look so small time for a global brand, which we are now
Goal Celebration Music on 21:54 - Nov 25 with 10586 viewsDarran

Fair play you really are a tw*t.
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/members/JackEwing

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Goal Celebration Music on 22:09 - Nov 25 with 10527 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 21:54 - Nov 25 by Darran

Fair play you really are a tw*t.
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/members/JackEwing

What for expressing an opinion?

It was highlighted on here last time I raised it that it's unpopular with fans, yet nothing has been done about it. Which unlike the problems with the advertising boards or the new screens blocking peoples view, would be simple to fix.
Goal Celebration Music on 22:13 - Nov 25 with 10500 viewsDarran

Goal Celebration Music on 22:09 - Nov 25 by JackEwing

What for expressing an opinion?

It was highlighted on here last time I raised it that it's unpopular with fans, yet nothing has been done about it. Which unlike the problems with the advertising boards or the new screens blocking peoples view, would be simple to fix.

Yeah I bet thousands were absolutely devastated the last time a goal went in at the Liberty.
Just a thought but perhaps most people couldn't give a f*ck.

Goal Celebration Music on 22:21 - Nov 25 with 10478 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 22:13 - Nov 25 by Darran

Yeah I bet thousands were absolutely devastated the last time a goal went in at the Liberty.
Just a thought but perhaps most people couldn't give a f*ck.

Where did I mention anything about being devastated? But it does detract from the atmosphere when we score.

It would be easier to play nothing.

Makes us look small time and unable to create an atmosphere to those watching worldwide on TV. Also the song has nothing what to do with SCFC
Goal Celebration Music on 22:23 - Nov 25 with 10474 viewsshandyjack

Goal Celebration Music on 22:21 - Nov 25 by JackEwing

Where did I mention anything about being devastated? But it does detract from the atmosphere when we score.

It would be easier to play nothing.

Makes us look small time and unable to create an atmosphere to those watching worldwide on TV. Also the song has nothing what to do with SCFC

just a question for you but how does it detract from the atmosphere? I'd wager most people don't even notice it's being played as they are too busy cheering and going mental.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Goal Celebration Music on 22:29 - Nov 25 with 10450 viewsDarran

Goal Celebration Music on 22:23 - Nov 25 by shandyjack

just a question for you but how does it detract from the atmosphere? I'd wager most people don't even notice it's being played as they are too busy cheering and going mental.

Didn't you see the thousands of fans sinking to their knees with their heads in hands as Gomis goal went in against Arsenal all mumbling together "oh f*ck no now we won't have an atmosphere"

Honestly f*cking pathetic.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 22:30]

Goal Celebration Music on 22:35 - Nov 25 with 10417 viewsVetchitBack

We could have a thread about it daily - it would still be a cringeworthy Americanised monstrosity.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Goal Celebration Music on 22:40 - Nov 25 with 10396 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 22:23 - Nov 25 by shandyjack

Why was there a need to play it?

It doesnt matter how much beer you've had or how good the goal was you can hear the song drowning out the noise of the crowd. If you watch it on the tv you don't hear the crowd very much at all.

The stadium is full, we have vocal fans and we don't need music as it doesn't do anything to help the atmosphere.

Why not turn it off? As I said who gave the decision to allow it?
Login to get fewer ads

Goal Celebration Music on 22:43 - Nov 25 with 10386 viewsParlay

The rare chance i get to go to a game i am too busy celebrating to notice. Dont see why anyone would be bothered about it personally

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Goal Celebration Music on 22:51 - Nov 25 with 10360 viewsDarran

Goal Celebration Music on 22:43 - Nov 25 by Parlay

The rare chance i get to go to a game i am too busy celebrating to notice. Dont see why anyone would be bothered about it personally

I don't either and I hope it's played many times over the rest of the season.

Goal Celebration Music on 22:52 - Nov 25 with 10353 viewsGixerJack

I've honestly never noticed any music when we score, what music is it???

But then I'm in the North East and it gets quite noisy there, even more so when we score.
Goal Celebration Music on 23:02 - Nov 25 with 10322 viewsGlyn1

But the music makes it so, so much better for all of us fans. We wouldn't enjoy the goals half as much without it.

Nah. Lots of people hate the music. Most people don't notice it. Nobody likes it or wants it.

It should go.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Goal Celebration Music on 23:05 - Nov 25 with 10317 viewsSweyns_Eye

I don't notice it. What is it? Is it different for every player like in the rugby? Oh and don't knock JackEwing, at least he's consistent!

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Goal Celebration Music on 23:32 - Nov 25 with 10278 viewsMrSwan

Some of the best European teams play goal music, Bayern, Real, Dortmund, Atletico so its not that embarrassing.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Goal Celebration Music on 23:34 - Nov 25 with 10272 viewsswanduck

Goal Celebration Music on 23:02 - Nov 25 by Glyn1

But the music makes it so, so much better for all of us fans. We wouldn't enjoy the goals half as much without it.

Nah. Lots of people hate the music. Most people don't notice it. Nobody likes it or wants it.

It should go.

I like it
Goal Celebration Music on 23:40 - Nov 25 with 10257 viewsMrSwan

I would like us to change the song to this,

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Goal Celebration Music on 23:53 - Nov 25 with 10238 viewsHighjack

They should mix it up a bit, play different music for each goal.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Goal Celebration Music on 00:02 - Nov 26 with 10218 viewskopperburgjack

I actually think it adds to the atmosphere, be better if they played a bit of kasabian like Leicester though

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Goal Celebration Music on 03:02 - Nov 26 with 10135 viewsscottishjack

What music?
Goal Celebration Music on 07:11 - Nov 26 with 10061 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 03:02 - Nov 26 by scottishjack

What music?

Tom Hark by The Piranhas.

In certain areas of the ground (where the PA works better than others) it blasts over the sound of the crowd when we score.

Paticularly watching on TV it's all you hear. Why was this piece of music used I do not know? Its so bland and has nothing to do with SCFC and is also used by clubs that cannot generate a sound like Wigan. So it's not even unique to SCFC. It spoils any songs or chants happening directly after we score also.

Goal music has no tradition in the English pyramid, no place and adds nothing to the atmosphere.

As I said the announcer seems to have no accountability and the trust appears to have no control, even tho it spoils the atmosphere, particularly if you watch on TV.
Goal Celebration Music on 09:45 - Nov 26 with 9960 viewsPonderosa

Tom Hark is too tame. We need some Slipknot or Mary Hopkin
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 9:49]

Bring The Missus

Goal Celebration Music on 09:59 - Nov 26 with 9946 viewsDarran

Goal Celebration Music on 07:11 - Nov 26 by JackEwing

Tom Hark by The Piranhas.

In certain areas of the ground (where the PA works better than others) it blasts over the sound of the crowd when we score.

Paticularly watching on TV it's all you hear. Why was this piece of music used I do not know? Its so bland and has nothing to do with SCFC and is also used by clubs that cannot generate a sound like Wigan. So it's not even unique to SCFC. It spoils any songs or chants happening directly after we score also.

Goal music has no tradition in the English pyramid, no place and adds nothing to the atmosphere.

As I said the announcer seems to have no accountability and the trust appears to have no control, even tho it spoils the atmosphere, particularly if you watch on TV.

"It spoils the atmosphere,particularly if you watch on TV"

Hahahahaha.

Goal Celebration Music on 11:05 - Nov 26 with 9890 viewsC_jack

We need to stop playing the Levellers after a win as well, ruins the atmosphere.

Not to mention nobody sings to it anymore, just me.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Goal Celebration Music on 11:10 - Nov 26 with 9877 viewsParlay

Goal Celebration Music on 11:05 - Nov 26 by C_jack

We need to stop playing the Levellers after a win as well, ruins the atmosphere.

Not to mention nobody sings to it anymore, just me.

No chance, that song is Swansea through and through and gives me a lovely feeling walking out og the ground. Its been the same since i was 14 years old down the vetch thinking we were the dogs because we just beat Cheltenham. Id be gutted if it were replaced. The match is over, there is no atmosphere to kill.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Goal Celebration Music on 11:17 - Nov 26 with 9855 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 09:59 - Nov 26 by Darran

"It spoils the atmosphere,particularly if you watch on TV"

Hahahahaha.

You never watch goals back on TV then I presume?

Hillarious!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024