Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Analysis: Manchester City 2-1 Swansea City 22:07 - Nov 25 with 655 viewsComeonyouSwans

Tactical match analysis of Swansea City's narrow 2-1 defeat at Manchester City.

http://www.comeonyouswans.com/2014/11/25/match-analysis-manchester-city-2-1-swan

Match Analysis: Manchester City 2-1 Swansea City on 23:14 - Nov 25 with 624 viewsGlyn1

Insightful analysis, thanks for this.

I'd only really disagree with your statement that "Like Arsenal had to, City were forced to attack down the flanks..." They didn't do it because they were forced to, but because they had identified that crosses into the box from the right were a weakness for us. They were doing it from almost the start of the game.

Do people think that we'll see more of Bony and Gomis on the pitch at the same time, because it looked to me to be a promising partnership that would scare most sides' defences.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 23:14]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Match Analysis: Manchester City 2-1 Swansea City on 23:26 - Nov 25 with 610 viewsComeonyouSwans

Match Analysis: Manchester City 2-1 Swansea City on 23:14 - Nov 25 by Glyn1

Insightful analysis, thanks for this.

I'd only really disagree with your statement that "Like Arsenal had to, City were forced to attack down the flanks..." They didn't do it because they were forced to, but because they had identified that crosses into the box from the right were a weakness for us. They were doing it from almost the start of the game.

Do people think that we'll see more of Bony and Gomis on the pitch at the same time, because it looked to me to be a promising partnership that would scare most sides' defences.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 23:14]

Thanks for the feedback and for reading the analysis.

City had no options in the middle and up until their goal they had made just 2 crosses, both of them were short crosses made inside the box. After the goal, City were only successful with another 2 crosses all game so I don't think they were a particular weakness for our defence. They had greater difficulty dealing with the through balls into the penalty area, I remember a few occasions when Bartley hadn't tracked the runner behind Williams but we managed to get away with that.
Match Analysis: Manchester City 2-1 Swansea City on 23:38 - Nov 25 with 597 viewsMrSwan

All that space given to us at the beginning was noticed by city as the game went on and we made no attempt to change our game.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Match Analysis: Manchester City 2-1 Swansea City on 07:42 - Nov 26 with 543 viewsdameedna

Good work there, we could have won that game and we could have lost it, the subs were immense and City went home in a frame of mind far from comfortable. I am all for critique but in this game we probably deserved a draw and could easily have snuck a win. Whilst some would say playing badly for 60 minutes, that is quite a good day at the factory.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024