Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board 17:10 - Nov 26 with 9487 viewsTummer_from_Texas

A link posted on the referee thread lead me there, where I saw this. Most of them sound they would be thrilled to just get 1 point on Saturday. And it appears to be more of a case of high opinions of the Swans than low opinions of their own team.

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=149387

Just more evidence that the Swans are starting to really earn some respect around the league.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 17:13]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 08:11 - Nov 27 with 2484 viewsWhiterockin

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 21:17 - Nov 26 by palace123

Palace fan here in peace

Always alot of respect for Swansea on our forum, cant really remember a bad word being said you to be honest, we do hate Cardiff on the other hand so its all good.

Last season you were imo the best side at selhurst, I thought in the return leg you didnt look nearly as good for some reason.

Saturday will be a tough game, from our point of view we are scoring alot more this season but conceded more aswell, last couple of games weve looked alot more solid now our best defender Dann is back so I think we'll give you a game, I expect to see 65-35% stats because we are terrible at passing but we can hurt teams of the counter and set pieces, we are a very tall team and that may be an area we can cause problems.

Head says 2-0 swansea but confident will be high after the wkend and I wouldnt rule out getting something.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 21:18]

Ledley could be key in this match. I expect him to score unless he gets wound up by the crowd and is sent off.
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 10:33 - Nov 27 with 2420 viewsCatullus

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 19:17 - Nov 26 by jack247

Of course. But you could get that from beating Hull, Palace, QPR, Villa, Burnley and West Brom, then drawing one other game.

If you think a draw at Burnley is as good a result as a draw at Chelsea then your theory makes perfect sense.

Whilst I generally agree with JF, we all know that you are better off with a sequence of a win, draw and a loss than 3 draws.
If I was offered the 19 points away from home at the start, I would have to think very hard, but probably accept.
However, having beaten Man Utd away, taken Citeh close and been generally good......better, this season so far, Maybe we should be aiming a little higher. 6 away wins 6 draws and then 7 defeats, gives us more points.

From what I have seen so far, that is entirely possible.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 11:27 - Nov 27 with 2370 viewsHighjack

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 01:14 - Nov 27 by Wanderer

Growing up i always wondered where the hell Crystal Palace was on the map!
Gotta say though respect where due, their fans make a hell of a noise in that corner at Selhurst park.

They confused me as well, I grew up thinking The Crystal Palace was in Hyde Park because of the Great Exhibition which is nowhere near where they are now in South London, but I later found out they demolished it and rebuilt it St.Fagans style there, until it got burned down in the Great Insurance Job.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 11:59 - Nov 27 with 2300 viewsmonmouth

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 11:27 - Nov 27 by Highjack

They confused me as well, I grew up thinking The Crystal Palace was in Hyde Park because of the Great Exhibition which is nowhere near where they are now in South London, but I later found out they demolished it and rebuilt it St.Fagans style there, until it got burned down in the Great Insurance Job.

They used to be my closest club (unless you count Millwall, which let's face it, you wouldn't). I went there once in 1982. They played Sheffield Wednesday and lost 2-1. They were sh1t.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 12:09 - Nov 27 with 2285 viewsScoobyWho

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 08:11 - Nov 27 by Whiterockin

Ledley could be key in this match. I expect him to score unless he gets wound up by the crowd and is sent off.

An insignificant player, so insignificant he will have no bearing on the game.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 13:04 - Nov 27 with 2180 viewsWhiterockin

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 12:09 - Nov 27 by ScoobyWho

An insignificant player, so insignificant he will have no bearing on the game.

Ex Cardiff players always score against us.
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 20:18 - Nov 27 with 1857 viewsGlyn1

Crystal Palace fans are OK, to be honest. I'll give them lots of abuse but it will be pantomime stuff, and they were friendly when we went to their nearest Wetherspoons last time. And we have to give a lot of respect to their away fans last time because of the support that they gave to their team.

But we're still going to win 3 - 1.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 21:24 - Nov 27 with 1787 viewsItchySphincter

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 11:59 - Nov 27 by monmouth

They used to be my closest club (unless you count Millwall, which let's face it, you wouldn't). I went there once in 1982. They played Sheffield Wednesday and lost 2-1. They were sh1t.

They were my closest club for a while too - thme or Millwall actually. Lived in Brockley for a while, then Crofton Park then out to Caterham - nicer out there. Where were you?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 21:58 - Nov 27 with 1752 viewsRevJames

Swans seem to have a tendency to come up short against sides they should be putting away. The same attitude and approach required against the top 4/5 sides needs to be applied against every side in the PL.

Palace are more than capable of putting one over on us if we're not 100% switched on
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 23:22 - Nov 27 with 1650 viewsScoobyWho

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 13:04 - Nov 27 by Whiterockin

Ex Cardiff players always score against us.

Not always.
Rarely.

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 23:57 - Nov 27 with 1625 viewsGlyn1

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 21:58 - Nov 27 by RevJames

Swans seem to have a tendency to come up short against sides they should be putting away. The same attitude and approach required against the top 4/5 sides needs to be applied against every side in the PL.

Palace are more than capable of putting one over on us if we're not 100% switched on

That's not really correct. Last season we obtained exactly half of our total number of points from the bottom six clubs (i.e. 21 points out of 42) which I think was very good going.

One thing I do admire about Palace is that their Chairmen and Board of Directors are expanding their stadium to 30,000 even though they could get relegated. It's a sign of ambition that our Board lacks.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 11:06 - Nov 28 with 1475 viewsJJJack

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 21:24 - Nov 27 by ItchySphincter

They were my closest club for a while too - thme or Millwall actually. Lived in Brockley for a while, then Crofton Park then out to Caterham - nicer out there. Where were you?

I lived in West Norwood in 95/96. Palace was definitely the closest ground. Always makes me laugh when people think London is flat.......it bloody well isn't in that part of London! There are slopes akin to Constitution Hill around there.
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 13:20 - Nov 28 with 1404 viewslondonlisa2001

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 11:06 - Nov 28 by JJJack

I lived in West Norwood in 95/96. Palace was definitely the closest ground. Always makes me laugh when people think London is flat.......it bloody well isn't in that part of London! There are slopes akin to Constitution Hill around there.

ooh - I lived in West Norwood for 10 years (until about 6 years ago).

Bit of a crap hole, but liked living there. Had couple of trips to see us play at Palace in that time - although there were a few times where they were way above us. Nice day out given it took about 20 mins if that to get to the ground.
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 15:14 - Nov 28 with 1360 viewsmonmouth

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 21:24 - Nov 27 by ItchySphincter

Peckham, although my then girlfriend insisted it was East Dulwich.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 22:00 - Nov 28 with 1183 viewsGundog

Am expecting nothing but a win tomorrow.
anything less just will not suffice.

Poll: should Leon still be the main man in midfield

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 22:47 - Nov 28 with 1137 viewsTNT

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 20:18 - Nov 27 by Glyn1

Crystal Palace fans are OK, to be honest. I'll give them lots of abuse but it will be pantomime stuff, and they were friendly when we went to their nearest Wetherspoons last time. And we have to give a lot of respect to their away fans last time because of the support that they gave to their team.

But we're still going to win 3 - 1.

If you were at the second cup replay in January '80, you may not be quite so gushing about them Glyn.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 01:33 - Nov 29 with 1051 viewsScoobyWho

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 22:47 - Nov 28 by TNT

If you were at the second cup replay in January '80, you may not be quite so gushing about them Glyn.

Aye, and thats a fact. Agree.
Cnts palace.
Long memories here.

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 09:23 - Nov 29 with 953 viewsepaul

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 15:14 - Nov 28 by monmouth

Peckham, although my then girlfriend insisted it was East Dulwich.

hahaha my mate (a jack) lives in Mottingham, but he prefers to call it North west Chiselhurst ffs

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 09:48 - Nov 29 with 927 viewsStarsky

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 22:47 - Nov 28 by TNT

Yeah... Good job you don't bear grudges aye.
Best goal David Giles ever scored was that day... FACT!

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024