Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board 17:10 - Nov 26 with 9488 viewsTummer_from_Texas

A link posted on the referee thread lead me there, where I saw this. Most of them sound they would be thrilled to just get 1 point on Saturday. And it appears to be more of a case of high opinions of the Swans than low opinions of their own team.

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=149387

Just more evidence that the Swans are starting to really earn some respect around the league.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 17:13]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 17:17 - Nov 26 with 6987 viewsLeonisGod

"I would say that the win on Saturday gives us an advantage. Then I remember that we're playing Swansea who always f*** with our gameplan by just being overall better than us. It reminds me of when Mike Tyson once said "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" Swansea always seem to punch us in the face. The f***ers."

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 17:47 - Nov 26 with 6903 viewsGlyn1

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 17:17 - Nov 26 by LeonisGod

"I would say that the win on Saturday gives us an advantage. Then I remember that we're playing Swansea who always f*** with our gameplan by just being overall better than us. It reminds me of when Mike Tyson once said "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" Swansea always seem to punch us in the face. The f***ers."

Except they drew at the Liberty last season.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 17:56 - Nov 26 with 6862 viewsairedale

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 17:47 - Nov 26 by Glyn1

Except they drew at the Liberty last season.

Yes, and what a rowdy lot they were too.
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 18:19 - Nov 26 with 6793 viewsJethroJack

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 17:17 - Nov 26 by LeonisGod

Fair play
But I think I'd rather be playing Liverpool than Palace at the moment.
Gayle & Bolasie need curbing.
Still think we'll win 3-1 or 3-2.
Then we'll give QPR a 4-0 pasting....simply because I'm able to get to that one
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 18:34 - Nov 26 with 6744 viewsjack247

I think you're right, it's a positive reflection on us rather than a negative reflection on their own team. We are probably at the point where pretty much everyone outside the big 5 or 6 would see a point at Swansea as a good result
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 18:36 - Nov 26 with 6725 viewsJackfath

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 18:34 - Nov 26 by jack247

I think you're right, it's a positive reflection on us rather than a negative reflection on their own team. We are probably at the point where pretty much everyone outside the big 5 or 6 would see a point at Swansea as a good result

I think a point at any away ground in this league is a good result.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 18:46 - Nov 26 with 6707 viewsQuakerJack

Nice bunch. We should expect to win this one. Just hope we don't get complacent after a decent showing against some of the big boys in November.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 18:48 - Nov 26 with 6697 viewsjack247

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 18:36 - Nov 26 by Jackfath

Disagree.

A point at any of the current bottom 6 wouldn't be the end of the world, but I think most would see it as 2 points dropped rather than 1 gained.
Login to get fewer ads

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 19:01 - Nov 26 with 6635 viewsMrSwan

Makes far nicer reading that the Sunderland and Stoke boards but those two tw@ts would slate the fck of of any team even if its Real Madrid.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 19:07 - Nov 26 with 6601 viewsJackfath

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 18:48 - Nov 26 by jack247

Disagree.

A point at any of the current bottom 6 wouldn't be the end of the world, but I think most would see it as 2 points dropped rather than 1 gained.

1 point away from home = 19 points.
Win half home games = 27 points.

Total for season = 46 points.

Any point away from home is a good result in this league.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 19:10 - Nov 26 with 6597 viewsjack247

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 19:07 - Nov 26 by Jackfath

Getting 19 points from away games would be fantastic. Doesn't mean every away draw is a good result though
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 19:11 - Nov 26 with 6579 viewsJackfath

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 19:10 - Nov 26 by jack247

Getting 19 points from away games would be fantastic. Doesn't mean every away draw is a good result though

WOuld you take 19 points from all away games for the season?

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 19:16 - Nov 26 with 6572 viewsswanduck

Palace fans jump around too much, was sat with them last year and I nearly got knocked over when they got a penalty.
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 19:17 - Nov 26 with 6569 viewsjack247

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 19:11 - Nov 26 by Jackfath

WOuld you take 19 points from all away games for the season?

Of course. But you could get that from beating Hull, Palace, QPR, Villa, Burnley and West Brom, then drawing one other game.

If you think a draw at Burnley is as good a result as a draw at Chelsea then your theory makes perfect sense.
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 19:19 - Nov 26 with 6555 viewsJackfath

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 19:17 - Nov 26 by jack247

Of course. But you could get that from beating Hull, Palace, QPR, Villa, Burnley and West Brom, then drawing one other game.

If you think a draw at Burnley is as good a result as a draw at Chelsea then your theory makes perfect sense.

Perhaps I should have added "at least" to my statement.

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 20:47 - Nov 26 with 6373 viewsScoobyWho

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 17:56 - Nov 26 by airedale

Yes, and what a rowdy lot they were too.

A bit of Ref intervention again I recall.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 21:17 - Nov 26 with 6286 viewspalace123

Palace fan here in peace

Always alot of respect for Swansea on our forum, cant really remember a bad word being said you to be honest, we do hate Cardiff on the other hand so its all good.

Last season you were imo the best side at selhurst, I thought in the return leg you didnt look nearly as good for some reason.

Saturday will be a tough game, from our point of view we are scoring alot more this season but conceded more aswell, last couple of games weve looked alot more solid now our best defender Dann is back so I think we'll give you a game, I expect to see 65-35% stats because we are terrible at passing but we can hurt teams of the counter and set pieces, we are a very tall team and that may be an area we can cause problems.

Head says 2-0 swansea but confident will be high after the wkend and I wouldnt rule out getting something.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 21:18]
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 22:45 - Nov 26 with 6041 viewsPacemaker

Not confident of a win against Palace after our last game against them with Bolasie running us ragged. At the time it seemed like we were playing within ourselves and protecting a one goal lead but between Bolasie and Murray we were hanging on in the end.

I did think after Pulis went they might not be so organised but they still look difficult to breakdown. Warnock is already bigging us up which always means trouble!

My Palace supporting mate is down and staying with us for the weekend and for the last few years I have had the advantage of being on the winning side. This week is the first time he has been confident of a win.

My Saturday night will be ruined if I have a smug looking mate with me all night.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 01:14 - Nov 27 with 5875 viewsWanderer

Growing up i always wondered where the hell Crystal Palace was on the map!
Gotta say though respect where due, their fans make a hell of a noise in that corner at Selhurst park.
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 01:40 - Nov 27 with 5855 viewsTummer_from_Texas

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 19:07 - Nov 26 by Jackfath

46 points would be a huge disappointment, considering we are on pace for 57.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 02:42 - Nov 27 with 5823 viewsdameedna

I don't expect to win this one and will be happy with a point.

Palace are going to have a good season and finish top 10 along with Swansea, West Ham and Southampton.
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 04:31 - Nov 27 with 5792 viewsZut_Alors

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 18:36 - Nov 26 by Jackfath

Absolutely.
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 06:20 - Nov 27 with 5757 viewsdameedna

too right
A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 07:29 - Nov 27 with 5687 viewsMrSwerve

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 01:40 - Nov 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

46 points would be a huge disappointment, considering we are on pace for 57.

Some people are still aiming for 17th...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 08:05 - Nov 27 with 5615 viewsQuakerJack

A view of a Palace supporters bulletin board on 20:47 - Nov 26 by ScoobyWho

A bit of Ref intervention again I recall.

Outside the box and he gives a pen. He was about 3 miles away from the foul, yet confident without doubt it was inside (even though it wasn't), any doubt at home usually gets benefit of the doubt, but then this is us, so any excuse.

Anyway..... Palace.....

A lot will depend on finishing in this one... I think we'll create a lot, particularly early on and we need to take a few. Seems to be the pattern at home against those teams around us... come out flying, miss a hat-full of chances to put it to bed after half an hour then teams grow in confidence and come back at us... I can see this taking the same path.

To the Palace fan, regarding last year, one clear difference between the home and away games. The Europa League. A poison chalice. All the best for the season.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024