Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk 19:28 - Nov 26 with 1835 viewsthomasJack

I like garry monk
but at some point we're going to lose him as a manager whether we like it or not do you think he will find another club ???? or do you think he will make a "Sir Alex Ferguson" and stays in swansea nearly 3 decades ??? or something else??

Poll: Next signing

Garry Monk on 19:51 - Nov 26 with 1780 viewsairedale

If Garry stays with us for a few years and we have a modicum of success, say top half each season., then reckon that he will be a hot managerial property in the PL.
Garry Monk on 20:02 - Nov 26 with 1742 viewsGlyn1

Too early to say. Alan Pardew is the second longest lasting manager in the division and he's been only 4 years at Newcastle, so it's a precarious job.

The only thing that's certain is that Garry will be abused by us fans when he goes - either because he'd been a failure and been sacked, or because he'd "deserted" us for another team.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Garry Monk on 08:51 - Nov 27 with 1466 viewsPapaLazarou

I remember people saying the same thing about Laudrup, and how it would take a Barcelona or Real Madrid to take him away from us...

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here!
Garry Monk on 09:11 - Nov 27 with 1433 viewsWhiterockin

Garry Monk on 20:02 - Nov 26 by Glyn1

Too early to say. Alan Pardew is the second longest lasting manager in the division and he's been only 4 years at Newcastle, so it's a precarious job.

The only thing that's certain is that Garry will be abused by us fans when he goes - either because he'd been a failure and been sacked, or because he'd "deserted" us for another team.

As a matter of interest, who would you say was the last manager to leave us and not get abuse. Don't count the stand in's, was it Molby?
Garry Monk on 12:15 - Nov 27 with 1302 viewsScoobyWho

Don't worry Thomas, another will be along shortly. This is the way that it is.
And always has been.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Garry Monk on 12:20 - Nov 27 with 1287 viewsacejack3065

Garry Monk on 09:11 - Nov 27 by Whiterockin

As a matter of interest, who would you say was the last manager to leave us and not get abuse. Don't count the stand in's, was it Molby?

Kenny and Flynn didn't take too much sh*t after leaving. Everyone thought it was the right time for Kenny to leave us when he did but he's never really had a frosty reception upon his return.
Garry Monk on 12:23 - Nov 27 with 1279 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Lexy will have him moving the first decent offer he gets

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Garry Monk on 14:43 - Nov 27 with 1142 viewsDafyddHuw

Garry Monk on 12:20 - Nov 27 by acejack3065

Kenny and Flynn didn't take too much sh*t after leaving. Everyone thought it was the right time for Kenny to leave us when he did but he's never really had a frosty reception upon his return.

Frank Burrows always got a lot of love from us.
Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk on 14:45 - Nov 27 with 1133 viewsScoobyWho

Garry Monk on 12:23 - Nov 27 by NeiltheTaylor

Bon Voyage to the pair of em.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Garry Monk on 15:29 - Nov 27 with 1071 viewspencoedjack

Garry Monk on 12:23 - Nov 27 by NeiltheTaylor

Yeah to Southampton probably
Garry Monk on 02:31 - Nov 28 with 853 viewsMagicDaps

Garry Monk on 08:51 - Nov 27 by PapaLazarou

I remember people saying the same thing about Laudrup, and how it would take a Barcelona or Real Madrid to take him away from us...

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here!

Well there's a lot more substance to this, then there was to Laudrup, who had stated he didn't want to manage in his late 50's and had never lasted more than four years at a club.

Garry Monk's stayed with us for a decade, and is about as likely a chance we could possibly have of having a long term manager in the modern day.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Garry Monk on 06:27 - Nov 28 with 801 viewsdgt73

Garry Monk on 02:31 - Nov 28 by MagicDaps

Well there's a lot more substance to this, then there was to Laudrup, who had stated he didn't want to manage in his late 50's and had never lasted more than four years at a club.

Garry Monk's stayed with us for a decade, and is about as likely a chance we could possibly have of having a long term manager in the modern day.

I agree and what sort of clubs could be interested if he continues to do a good job, possibly the likes of spurs (yes i know monk grew up a spurs fan) but clubs like spurs have become a graveyard for managers for many years and Swansea as a club is growing season after season, so hopefully he will stay for a good few years, but im also understand how the footballing world works and it's possible he could leave next year, hope not.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Garry Monk on 09:11 - Nov 28 with 728 viewsStarsky

The there is always a risk for SCFC losing a Successful manager. However, with this loyalty and constant banging of the 'Swansea way' drum, think the chances of losing Monk to a bigger club are minimal.
He's not originally from around here but now he's Swans through and through.

It's just the internet, init.

Garry Monk on 09:33 - Nov 28 with 716 viewsPapaLazarou

Garry Monk on 02:31 - Nov 28 by MagicDaps

I'm just saying it's early days yet and it could still very easily go either way, be that success of failure.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Garry Monk on 10:35 - Nov 28 with 686 viewsJJJack

Can't remember which club it was but a few yrs ago when this club was being lined up to take our Manager at the time, i was on this club's forum and one of thier fans made the rather epic point that.
"It's not their bloody Manager we should be after, it's their chairman!"

I think this sums up how i feel about this situation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024