Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Thanksgiving from Planetswans to all our American friends 11:25 - Nov 27 with 688 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Happy Thanksgiving from Planetswans to all our American friends on 12:46 - Nov 27 with 668 viewsNeiltheTaylor

What about your Welsh friends in America?

I am about to take a nicely marinated leg of lamb over to my mother in law's.

F@cking good foot of snow fell yesterday mind.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Happy Thanksgiving from Planetswans to all our American friends on 12:59 - Nov 27 with 658 viewsDarran

Happy Thanksgiving from Planetswans to all our American friends on 12:46 - Nov 27 by NeiltheTaylor

Have a great day Mr W you f*cking legend you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Happy Thanksgiving from Planetswans to all our American friends on 13:23 - Nov 27 with 638 viewsQuakerJack

This holiday is the reason we eat Turkey at xmas.... I think I'm right in saying we used to eat a different meat (goose maybe?) until this Americanism migrated from Thanksgiving to christmas and then over the Atlantic?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Happy Thanksgiving from Planetswans to all our American friends on 14:39 - Nov 27 with 599 viewsDafyddHuw

Happy Thanksgiving from Planetswans to all our American friends on 12:46 - Nov 27 by NeiltheTaylor

Did you used to be MarcosThePainter? (now there was a tidy left back)
Happy Thanksgiving from Planetswans to all our American friends on 14:40 - Nov 27 with 599 viewslondonlisa2001

Happy Thanksgiving from Planetswans to all our American friends on 13:23 - Nov 27 by QuakerJack

This holiday is the reason we eat Turkey at xmas.... I think I'm right in saying we used to eat a different meat (goose maybe?) until this Americanism migrated from Thanksgiving to christmas and then over the Atlantic?

not true.

Historically turkey was eaten for Christmas in Europe from the 1550s or so (and in some parts even earlier as it was brought over from the Americas). Thanksgiving didn't exist in the US officially until Lincoln in the 19th century and unofficially since the 18th century. So there was turkey on the Christmas menu here for about 200 years or so before Thanksgiving was a thing. Of course, there have been many times where 'ordinary' people couldn't afford it and used to eat other types of birds (eg goose) or other meat instead.
Happy Thanksgiving from Planetswans to all our American friends on 17:31 - Nov 27 with 545 viewsApeShit

Can't stand Turkey, way to dry!
Happy Thanksgiving from Planetswans to all our American friends on 20:48 - Nov 27 with 499 viewsGlyn1

Happy Thanksgiving from Planetswans to all our American friends on 13:23 - Nov 27 by QuakerJack

Nope. We've been eating it since long before the USA even existed.

From the diary of Samuel Pepys (aged 26)

1st January 1660:
“…Dined at home in the garret, where my wife dressed the remains of a turkey, and in the doing of it she burned her hand.”

5th January 1660:
“…I dined with Mr. Sheply, at my Lord’s lodgings, upon his turkey-pie. And so to my office again.”

6th January 1660:
“…This morning Mr. Sheply and I did eat our breakfast at Mrs. Harper’s, (my brother John being with me) upon a cold turkey-pie and a goose.”

7th January 1660:
“…and so we went home, and put in at my Lord’s lodgings, where we staid late, eating of part of his turkey-pie, and reading of Quarles’ Emblems. So home and to bed.”

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Happy Thanksgiving from Planetswans to all our American friends on 20:59 - Nov 27 with 486 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Reading this thread is like watching Qi.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024