Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black Friday 20:18 - Nov 27 with 3721 viewsSwanzay

So anyone looking for a particular 'bargain' tomorrow?
Black Friday on 20:31 - Nov 27 with 1391 viewsjacksinceever

Apparently PremierJack is ....
See tickets, etc - Swansea v chelsea 18:19 - Nov 25 with 376 views
Black Friday on 20:36 - Nov 27 with 1374 viewslifelong

How long has this nonsense been going for, haven't heard of it before?
Black Friday on 20:41 - Nov 27 with 1356 viewsjacksinceever

Black Friday on 20:36 - Nov 27 by lifelong

Apparently started in US in 1960's, then term seems to have stsrted being used over here with regards to shopping in the last few years.
For many years, Black Friday has being known as the last Friday before Christmas, when all and sundry hit the local towns from work and get sossled, leaving police to deal with the fallout
Black Friday on 20:42 - Nov 27 with 1355 viewslondonlisa2001

It's utter crap, promoted by shops to try to sell people stuff that they don't need.

It's the US equivalent of the Boxing Day sale, (being the day after the Thanksgiving holiday) and is simply yet another mechanism for pushing unwanted sh*t down people's throats. Quite why people are taken in by it is beyond me. Ridiculous consumerism at its worst. Still, all the idiots that spend that latter part of their Christmas Day queuing outside Next for the start of the Boxing Day sale will doubtless love it. As, presumably, will wonga and other thieving gits charging 4500% to people that can't afford it, while showing TV ads that say things like 'APR is just a stupid calculation that doesn't mean anything'.

If I was in charge of anything in this country, one of the first things I would do is outlaw what is literally (apologies Warwick) daylight robbery.
Black Friday on 20:44 - Nov 27 with 1349 viewsSwanzay

Black Friday on 20:31 - Nov 27 by jacksinceever

Apparently PremierJack is ....
See tickets, etc - Swansea v chelsea 18:19 - Nov 25 with 376 views

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/114417/season-ticket-for

Maybe your being a bit harsh?
Black Friday on 20:49 - Nov 27 with 1326 viewsjacksinceever

Black Friday on 20:44 - Nov 27 by Swanzay

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/114417/season-ticket-for

Maybe your being a bit harsh?

Sorry mate. No malice intended.
Just a gentle poke at the whole Black Friday thing.
No intention of any personal criticism and obviously I wasn't aware of your personal circumstances
Black Friday on 20:51 - Nov 27 with 1321 viewsSwanzay

Black Friday on 20:42 - Nov 27 by londonlisa2001

It's utter crap, promoted by shops to try to sell people stuff that they don't need.

It's the US equivalent of the Boxing Day sale, (being the day after the Thanksgiving holiday) and is simply yet another mechanism for pushing unwanted sh*t down people's throats. Quite why people are taken in by it is beyond me. Ridiculous consumerism at its worst. Still, all the idiots that spend that latter part of their Christmas Day queuing outside Next for the start of the Boxing Day sale will doubtless love it. As, presumably, will wonga and other thieving gits charging 4500% to people that can't afford it, while showing TV ads that say things like 'APR is just a stupid calculation that doesn't mean anything'.

If I was in charge of anything in this country, one of the first things I would do is outlaw what is literally (apologies Warwick) daylight robbery.

Tend to agree, however aint we all mugs for paying the prices of sale, in our daily lives.

Its all about perceived, as in how much we perceive a product is worth, its often far from the reality 'landed cost', hence the profit.

Im sure we all do, in fact everyone does!
Black Friday on 20:58 - Nov 27 with 1291 viewsDarran

It's Barmy Benny ini he hates all things America but doesn't mind a bargain on Black Friday.
It's called being an hypocritical tw*t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Black Friday on 21:06 - Nov 27 with 1272 viewsSwanzay

Black Friday on 20:58 - Nov 27 by Darran

It's Barmy Benny ini he hates all things America but doesn't mind a bargain on Black Friday.
It's called being an hypocritical tw*t.

Yawn...Same old shite without the facts!
Black Friday on 21:39 - Nov 27 with 1206 viewsmax936

Black Friday on 20:41 - Nov 27 by jacksinceever

Apparently started in US in 1960's, then term seems to have stsrted being used over here with regards to shopping in the last few years.
For many years, Black Friday has being known as the last Friday before Christmas, when all and sundry hit the local towns from work and get sossled, leaving police to deal with the fallout

Used to enjoy a good old pissup on black Friday, but I hate Black Friday now, its a recipe for people who are for the most part pretty decent to lose their minds and drink far to much and end up losing the plot.

Ain't bothering this yr, we got respite for my lad on the 20th so I'll have a good slurp then happy days.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Black Friday on 08:10 - Nov 28 with 1070 viewsQuakerJack

Doesn't look like the club are doing anything re: merchandise on BF... another trick missed maybe?

My missus got in an online queue for a laptop last night, she was number 287,615 in the queue. Kin daft mun.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Black Friday on 08:25 - Nov 28 with 1057 viewsWhiterockin

Black Friday on 08:10 - Nov 28 by QuakerJack

Doesn't look like the club are doing anything re: merchandise on BF... another trick missed maybe?

My missus got in an online queue for a laptop last night, she was number 287,615 in the queue. Kin daft mun.

Club shop were doing 3 for 2 last week so were ahead of the game.
Black Friday on 08:52 - Nov 28 with 1034 viewsDarran

Black Friday on 21:39 - Nov 27 by max936

Used to enjoy a good old pissup on black Friday, but I hate Black Friday now, its a recipe for people who are for the most part pretty decent to lose their minds and drink far to much and end up losing the plot.

Ain't bothering this yr, we got respite for my lad on the 20th so I'll have a good slurp then happy days.

So why did you used to enjoy a good old pissup on the last Friday in November then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Black Friday on 08:57 - Nov 28 with 1024 viewsPhil_S

Black Friday - the day that people buy loads of things that they don't need and can't afford but cheaper then they could have done yesterday
Black Friday on 09:00 - Nov 28 with 1013 viewsDJack

Black Friday on 08:57 - Nov 28 by Phil_S

Black Friday - the day that people buy loads of things that they don't need and can't afford but cheaper then they could have done yesterday

It's a good job that football clubs can't buy players on Black Friday.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Black Friday on 09:13 - Nov 28 with 1000 viewsQuakerJack

Saying on the radio this morning that it's been particularly manic in London and Cardiff and Police have been called to several incidents of shoppers fighting over items....

The car park at work this morning is empty and the roads were clear... surely people aren't taking days off for this? I can't remember this ever being celebrated before... just demonstrates how manipulated people are by media...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Black Friday on 10:18 - Nov 28 with 955 viewsmax936

Black Friday on 08:52 - Nov 28 by Darran

So why did you used to enjoy a good old pissup on the last Friday in November then?

The original Black Friday l mean nob chops like as if you didn't know, tut, tut.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Black Friday on 11:24 - Nov 28 with 908 viewsWarwickHunt

Black Friday on 20:42 - Nov 27 by londonlisa2001

No apology required, Lisa. Top rant by the way!

I'd outlaw people pronouncing exactly as ezzackly - WTF is that all about? Hear it every day now and not just chavs either. Hanging's too good for them.

Another unwanted American import. We'll be "celebrating" Thanksgiving next. B@stards.
Black Friday on 11:27 - Nov 28 with 907 viewsWarwickHunt

Black Friday on 08:57 - Nov 28 by Phil_S

F*ckwit Friday.
Black Friday on 11:29 - Nov 28 with 903 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

'Tis the Season to be Stupid.
Black Friday on 11:31 - Nov 28 with 897 viewsepaul

It's f*cking disgusting the scenes in some shops people clambouring over each other to get stuff pity they didn't put that effort into helping others less fortunate. Yay welcome to the greed is good society writtenand created By that b*tch Th******

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Black Friday on 11:33 - Nov 28 with 893 viewsPhil_S

Black Friday on 11:27 - Nov 28 by WarwickHunt

F*ckwit Friday.

Absolutely p*ssed myself this morning at the pictures from the Asda store wherever it was where they were climbing over people to get in.

It's f*cking Asda!!
Black Friday on 11:41 - Nov 28 with 879 viewscontroversial_jack

Nothing good has ever come out of America
Black Friday on 11:51 - Nov 28 with 862 viewsoldgrey

Its all nonsense.
Its either crap that they want to sell off cheap or stuff that they have put the prices up in the preceding weeks then bring down again as part of the alleged sale.
For example, last week Amazon had a cd i wanted for £14.99.
By Friday it was £18.99.
Lo and behold, Monday it's back to £14.99 in the "sale".
Black Friday on 12:07 - Nov 28 with 831 viewsjack_in_exile

Was buying an ipad as a gift anyway and managed to save myself £60... Just because the majority are senseless when it comes to these things buying anything they can doesn't mean you can't benefit from it. It's easy not to get sucked in to buying a load of crap you don't need, in my opinion of course just seems most people lose their heads when confronted with sale signs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024