Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we a tad over confident for this one? 14:28 - Nov 28 with 3055 viewsParlay

I think we are rightfully the favourites here but i cant help feeling there is an air of almost arrogance going into this one, or if not arrogance then a misplaced air of expectancy. I did post after the Palace v Liverpool game that i hope people don't take a win for granted as they actually have a really dangerous side. Id hate to see the doom and gloom merchants out in force should we fail to pick up maximum points, this game has all the hallmarks of one of those tricky home games we get every now and again.

Bolasie and Puncheon can give fullbacks nightmares on their day and full of pace, with Angel slowing down recently and Taylor seemingly lacking confidence we are certainly there to be attacked on the wings. Picking Montero for this one could go either way, we all know he can be devastating for us in an attacking sense but we have also seen he is prone to leave Taylor exposed now and again which given their strength being on the wing could be a banana skin.

Jedinak and Ledley are also looking good in the center together and for me Jedinak has been one of the stand out central midfielders in the Premier League for the last 18 months. Up front they continue the theme of pace with either Gayle or Campbell, which id like to think our center back pairing could deal with.

This match is not going to go all our own way and they will cause a lot of teams problems this year so hope there is a load of patience shown as we are going to need the players and fans firing to get all 3 points here.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 14:43 - Nov 28 with 1704 viewslifelong

I think we'll win 3-1.
Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 15:11 - Nov 28 with 1655 viewsJackFish

2-0 Swansea win, but it won't be straightforward.
Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 15:12 - Nov 28 with 1653 viewsmonmouth

I'm not in the least bit confident. I don't know why...Warnock, probably.

1-1 or 1-2

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 15:20 - Nov 28 with 1628 views_

Over confident?

I wouldn't say that.... I think we'll win 9-0.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 15:34 - Nov 28 with 1593 viewsFlashberryjack

I know it's become a cliche, but it's true "There are no easy 3 points in this league"
Hard fought game tomorrow .......2 all draw

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 15:39 - Nov 28 with 1580 viewsStarsky

I don't EXPECT anything but I hope we win 3-0.

It's just the internet, init.

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 15:59 - Nov 28 with 1531 viewskarnataka

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 15:20 - Nov 28 by _

Over confident?

I wouldn't say that.... I think we'll win 9-0.

And what do you think it would be if we were to put our first 11 out?
Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 16:03 - Nov 28 with 1519 viewsMusical_Swan

Don't think anyone's really over confident, just optimistic.

Tricky 2-1 wint to the Swans!

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Login to get fewer ads

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 16:04 - Nov 28 with 1514 viewsOldjack

very tough game this as they all are in this unforgiving league

8-2

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 16:11 - Nov 28 with 1499 viewskarnataka

I think their win over Liverpool may well have done us a favour and hopefully knocked any complacency out of our players if Monk hasn't done that already.

I think man for man, we are probably a better team than them and that is reflected in our respective league placings but they are a team that will work extremely hard for 95 minutes and if we don't do the same, we may struggle. However, if we do work as hard as them, we should have enough ability where it counts to have enough of an edge to win. Yes, of course they have some very dangerous players but so do Arsenal and Man City and our defence coped pretty well with them.

Is Bolasie better than Oxlade-Chamberlain or Jesus Navas?

Are Gayle or Campbell better than Aguero or Alexis Sanchez?
Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 17:07 - Nov 28 with 1419 viewsfootball2301

they should be top then with all them great players!
Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 17:13 - Nov 28 with 1394 viewsParlay

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 17:07 - Nov 28 by football2301

they should be top then with all them great players!

Are you suggesting that any team with some dangerous players should be top of the Premier League? Or are you suggesting that the likes of Jedinak and Bolasie are not good players?

Odd post either way.

Forum celebrity

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 17:16 - Nov 28 with 1391 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

If we don't feel confident to beat a team who are dreadful away , then there's no hope for us .

Nothing arrogant here 2-3 Palace

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 17:23 - Nov 28 with 1373 viewsParlay

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 17:16 - Nov 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

If we don't feel confident to beat a team who are dreadful away , then there's no hope for us .

Nothing arrogant here 2-3 Palace

Feeling confident is fine - no issues there, i was careful to say "over" confident. Quite a difference.

As ive said, we are rightfully favourites and are more than capable of winning but anyone thinking this will be a walk in the park is in for a shock. We are a better side than them, but that counts for little on the day as we have seen almost weekly in this league.

The reason for my posting is to keep things in perspective should we not win. We have a tendency to go into a match with a feeling of entitlement which causes the mass breakdowns on here should we draw or get beat.

They are a decent side and will turn over many this year.

Forum celebrity

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 17:29 - Nov 28 with 1356 viewsMrSwan

keep Gayle and Bolasie quiet we be alright and do not give away silly free kicks.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 17:52 - Nov 28 with 1328 viewsKilkennyjack

Home advantage and Bony should tell - as long as we keep the ball then i fancy us to win it.

Beware of the Risen People

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 19:35 - Nov 28 with 1212 viewsfootball2301

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 17:13 - Nov 28 by Parlay

Are you suggesting that any team with some dangerous players should be top of the Premier League? Or are you suggesting that the likes of Jedinak and Bolasie are not good players?

Odd post either way.

no but with 5 or 6 dangerous players you would expect them to be a lot higher than they are and no i don't think they are good players we have much better
Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 19:59 - Nov 28 with 1173 viewsGlyn1

The Guardian today was feeling sorry for our referee because he will be dealing with the division's two 'mouthiest' managers. Hopefully Warnock will have even more to moan about after we've won 3 - 1.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 20:03 - Nov 28 with 1167 viewsNaughty71

Let me get this straight.

You think we are "rightfully favourites" but everyone else is arrogant thinking we'll win?

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 21:11 - Nov 28 with 1094 viewsParlay

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 20:03 - Nov 28 by Naughty71

Let me get this straight.

You think we are "rightfully favourites" but everyone else is arrogant thinking we'll win?

Recognising that you are favourites and assuming you will win are completely differing things. Im surprised you cannot see the difference, and is exactly why this thread is here, some cannot differentiate.

By recognising we are favourites i realise we have a better chance to win than they do, but that doesn't mean we WILL win, far from it. If we take the attitude we WILL win into the game then we probably wont and not just that, our fans will be spouting all sorts of nonsense on here if we fail to win as a result of the expectancy.

See the difference?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 21:18]

Forum celebrity

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 21:15 - Nov 28 with 1083 viewsParlay

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 19:35 - Nov 28 by football2301

no but with 5 or 6 dangerous players you would expect them to be a lot higher than they are and no i don't think they are good players we have much better

We have 5 or 6 dangerous players too, why aren't we top? Liverpool have 5 or 6 top players, why arent they top? Man utd have 5 or 6 dangerous players, why arent they top? Arsenal have 5 or 6 dangerous players, why arent they top? Tottenham have 5 or 6 dangerous players, why arent they top? Everton... You get the picture. Its very childlike thinking.

Jedinak was only outperformed last year by yaya toure in his position and this season he is the best performing defensive midfielder in the Premier League. Puncheon and bolasie have been giving full backs a torrid time all season. I can only assume you have not seen them play before and to suggest jedinak is "not good" maybe suggests you have not seen much football at all let alone palace.

Sorry to be so blunt.

Forum celebrity

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 21:25 - Nov 28 with 1055 viewsAl_Bundy

Palace have good players and threats. So do we !

We have the ability to not give Palace a foothold in the game and players to open them up right across the park. We simply have to take our chances when they come along which we have been guilty of missing in some games this season.

Early goal will settle us I feel
Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 21:25 - Nov 28 with 1054 viewsVetchitBack

Bolasie is a horrible player. Every time Ben went near him last year he had a handful of his shirt or worse simply thrusting his arm/hand at Ben's chest and face. But because It was Bolasie in possession this was somehow tolerated by the ref. Very strange. Didn't help that Ben was too honest sadly. Hope the ref keeps an eye on him.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 21:37 - Nov 28 with 1028 viewsParlay

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 21:25 - Nov 28 by Al_Bundy

Palace have good players and threats. So do we !

We have the ability to not give Palace a foothold in the game and players to open them up right across the park. We simply have to take our chances when they come along which we have been guilty of missing in some games this season.

Early goal will settle us I feel

Indeed.

Unfortunately we still hear how awful it was to not beat Newcastle at home, in fact i think people also said the same about Southampton at home and each one contributed their own kind of hysteria and negativity around us.

I just don't want this one to be added to the list of games we "should" have won where people completely disregard that our opposition are actually quite good and capable of beating anybody in the league, certainly including us.

Forum celebrity

Are we a tad over confident for this one? on 22:05 - Nov 28 with 977 viewsJoe_bradshaw

36 people have entered a score in the prediction league so far and 35 of them have predicted a home win.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024