Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Star Wars VII Trailer 19:55 - Nov 28 with 3226 viewsDyfnant

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Star Wars VII Trailer on 19:56 - Nov 28 with 2604 viewsexiledclaseboy

I got very excited when watching that earlier, especially considering how utter gash the last three films were.

Poll: Tory leader

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:11 - Nov 28 with 2585 viewsPonderosa

This pleases me immensely

Bring The Missus

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:12 - Nov 28 with 2584 viewswaynekerr55

Star Wars VII Trailer on 19:56 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

I got very excited when watching that earlier, especially considering how utter gash the last three films were.

Revenge of the Sith wasn't bad.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:18 - Nov 28 with 2578 viewsexiledclaseboy

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:12 - Nov 28 by waynekerr55

But when the best you can say about a long-awaited and highly anticipated trilogy of films is that the third one "wasn't bad" you know they've dropped the ball somewhere. And in reality it's only the last half hour of Revenge of the Sith that's any good, when they get to the Darth Vader money shot. The first two hours are forgettable gubbins filled with pointless and incomprehensible dialogue (I mean, what the f*ck is a "youngling"?). And even then they ruined the end by having Vader shout "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" in a ridiculously melodramatic fashion when they told him that his bird was brown bread.

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:20 - Nov 28 with 2573 viewsJackfath

I've watch the last three but cant remember any of them.

I hope this one is up to the standard of the originals, sadly I doubt it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:31 - Nov 28 with 2555 viewslondonlisa2001

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:20 - Nov 28 by Jackfath

at least with JJ Abrams directing it they stand a chance!

Have to admit to being a massive fan of the first 3 - only thing I can remember of the last 3 is, as has been pointed out, the bit where Vader became Vader. Other than that - crap.
Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:35 - Nov 28 with 2545 viewsGowerjack

Not for me for this reason...

He's infamous for writing cheesy dialogue - during the filming of A New Hope, Mark Hamill is alleged to have told him that "people don't talk like this!", Harrison Ford complained "you can type this shit, George, but you sure can't say it" and Empire co-writer Lawrence Kasdan recalled frequently saying "This is a terrible scene, I can't believe George wrote this" while reading Lucas' earlier draft. Even Lucas called himself "the King of Wooden Dialogue".

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:36 - Nov 28 with 2540 viewsexiledclaseboy

When you re-watch the first three films now you realise they're actually a bit sh*t too. The dialogue is terrible (that's a Lucas trait) and some of the acting is laughable. But they were part of the zeitgeist when we were kids and anyone of our generation is genetically predisposed to love them.

Login to get fewer ads

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:36 - Nov 28 with 2540 viewswaynekerr55

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:31 - Nov 28 by londonlisa2001

Have to admit to being a massive fan of the first 3 - only thing I can remember of the last 3 is, as has been pointed out, the bit where Vader became Vader. Other than that - crap.

Even when yoda chops off the storm troopers heads/pushes the emperors guards against the wall?

Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:57 - Nov 28 with 2520 viewslondonlisa2001

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:36 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

When you re-watch the first three films now you realise they're actually a bit sh*t too. The dialogue is terrible (that's a Lucas trait) and some of the acting is laughable. But they were part of the zeitgeist when we were kids and anyone of our generation is genetically predisposed to love them.

You can't say that !!!

But actually - you're right. Largely though that the special effects these days look so bad it's untrue.

Still - it only takes that music starting on the trailer today before I honestly started getting goosebumps.
Star Wars VII Trailer on 21:56 - Nov 28 with 2484 viewsLord_Bony

Oh I fkn loves it all
I was brought up on it..my boys was brought up on it..bring it on..

Plus the well known fact that George Lucas is actulally an insider with knowledge of life in the galaxy..thats how it is folks..teeming with life with a never ending fight between good and evil...the good will prevail soon though..

But Dec 2915 wtf?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Star Wars VII Trailer on 22:17 - Nov 28 with 2463 viewsDr_Winston

The only good Star Wars film was Empire, mostly because George Lucas didn't write or direct it.

Mr Clasey is spot on about the first one. Perhaps the most hilariously overrated film of all time.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 22:20]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Star Wars VII Trailer on 08:34 - Nov 29 with 2388 viewscsf

Star Wars VII Trailer on 22:17 - Nov 28 by Dr_Winston

The only good Star Wars film was Empire, mostly because George Lucas didn't write or direct it.

Mr Clasey is spot on about the first one. Perhaps the most hilariously overrated film of all time.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 22:20]

This made me laugh, as a reasonable adult with an objective view Dr W is right, the film is overrated, but as a 35 year old who as ECB put it is genetically predisposed to loving it, I still think it and episodes 5 and 6 (even with the Ewoks) are the best films ever made.

As for the trailer, didn't like the droid, not fussed on the troops I'm old school prefer stormtroopers, like the girl on the transport, LOVED the X-Wing spot, didn't enjoy that daft looking lightsaber, and having read a lot of Star wars book in my yoof I wasn't convinced by the MF scene. But all told it got me really excited for the film.

For me Episodes 4 5 and 6 were the best that they could produce at the time with Lucas' rubbish script. Episodes 1 2 and 3 were his rubbish scripts with him doing everything he could with computers and special effects. The trailer seemed like it had a bit more of a feel of the original trilogy with the right use of effects and thats why I'm excited, and ow have to wait a year.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2014 8:42]
Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:31 - Nov 29 with 2292 viewsdickythorpe

Sir Alec Guiness though it was gash but loved the money.

http://io9.com/5974242/alec-guinness-thought-star-wars-was-fairytale-rubbish-and
Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:40 - Nov 29 with 2286 viewsdickythorpe

P.S. about time for another Rocky film.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2014 20:40]
Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:41 - Nov 29 with 2282 viewsdickythorpe

P.P.S about time for another Saw film
Star Wars VII Trailer on 15:52 - Nov 30 with 2216 viewsjruss1

Thankfully Lucas hasn't written this screen play, or directed the movie. Which gives it a chance. Abrams is hit or miss for me so far, but I understand why they went for him as director.

The prequel trilogy was terrible. There was nothing good about it. I wouldn't know where to start. But if you have a few hours spare I recomend you try 'Red Letter Media' review of the films. Not only will it make you laugh, but it painfully points out how bad these movies were from the first one to last in great detail. Link for Phantom Menace review below:

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-men
Star Wars VII Trailer on 10:32 - Jul 15 with 1885 viewsscottishjack

Going to bump this back up with the release of the Comic-Con footage...got to admit that I'm looking forward to this one!

Star Wars VII Trailer on 00:31 - Dec 31 with 1627 viewsDyfnant

Watched it this evening, excellent. Fans of episode 1V will love it.

Star Wars VII Trailer on 02:35 - Dec 31 with 1590 viewsHighjack

"Hi yeah I'd like to make a complaint about these death stars you keep selling me........ Well they keep exploding..... What's that? You'll send me the new enhanced giant sun sucking model as a replacement which has no glaring weaknesses like a fuc king hole leading right to the reactor? We'll take it.....yes I understand that allowing two lone aging rebels fly straight in unopposed and plant a sh it load of explosives inside will invalidate the warranty"

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Star Wars VII Trailer on 02:42 - Dec 31 with 1584 viewsDyfnant

Star Wars VII Trailer on 02:35 - Dec 31 by Highjack

"Hi yeah I'd like to make a complaint about these death stars you keep selling me........ Well they keep exploding..... What's that? You'll send me the new enhanced giant sun sucking model as a replacement which has no glaring weaknesses like a fuc king hole leading right to the reactor? We'll take it.....yes I understand that allowing two lone aging rebels fly straight in unopposed and plant a sh it load of explosives inside will invalidate the warranty"

Well no one could afford a fool proof one. There's 35 year old cardboard ones on eBay for £5k ffs

Star Wars VII Trailer on 14:05 - Dec 31 with 1477 viewsexiledclaseboy

Saw it yesterday. Enjoyed very much. Just the right mix of new and old with a crushing shock for fans of the originals who managed to avoid spoilers before they watched it. The plot is a re-tread of A New Hope with elements of RotJ thrown in mind. They didn't bother spending time thinking up a new hook. But the script is 100 times better than anything George Lucas's word processor could have spewed out. Main problem for me is that Daisy Ridley can't act.

Star Wars VII Trailer on 14:24 - Dec 31 with 1458 viewsGowerjack

Star Wars VII Trailer on 14:05 - Dec 31 by exiledclaseboy

Saw it yesterday. Enjoyed very much. Just the right mix of new and old with a crushing shock for fans of the originals who managed to avoid spoilers before they watched it. The plot is a re-tread of A New Hope with elements of RotJ thrown in mind. They didn't bother spending time thinking up a new hook. But the script is 100 times better than anything George Lucas's word processor could have spewed out. Main problem for me is that Daisy Ridley can't act.

She's very easy on the eye though.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Star Wars VII Trailer on 14:26 - Dec 31 with 1456 viewsexiledclaseboy

Star Wars VII Trailer on 14:24 - Dec 31 by Gowerjack

She is indeed. Princess Leia hasn't aged well though.

Star Wars VII Trailer on 14:53 - Dec 31 with 1411 viewsLord_Bony

Lord_Bony | Settings | Log Out | 0 Msgs

Home
News
Forum
Chat
Predictions
Ground Guide
Blogs
Polls
Fixtures
Stats
Squad
Tables
Paper View
Betting
Shop
Live
Page: < previous1next >
Star Wars VII Trailer 19:55 - Nov 28 with 1168 views Dyfnant

Star Wars VII Trailer on 19:56 - Nov 28 with 1166 views exiledclaseboy

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:11 - Nov 28 with 1147 views Ponderosa

This pleases me immensely

Bring The Missus

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:12 - Nov 28 with 1146 views waynekerr55

Star Wars VII Trailer on 19:56 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

Blog: Formations - what should we play?

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:18 - Nov 28 with 1140 views exiledclaseboy

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:12 - Nov 28 by waynekerr55

But when the best you can say about a long-awaited and highly anticipated trilogy of films is that the third one "wasn't bad" you know they've dropped the ball somewhere. And in reality it's only the last half hour of Revenge of the Sith that's any good, when they get to the Darth Vader money shot. The first two hours are forgettable gubbins filled with pointless and incomprehensible dialogue (I mean, what the f*ck is a "youngling"?). And even then they ruined the end by having Vader shout "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" in a ridiculously melodramatic fashion when they told him that his bird was brown bread.

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:20 - Nov 28 with 1135 views Jackfath

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Who should play in central defence for the next match?

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:31 - Nov 28 with 1117 views londonlisa2001

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:20 - Nov 28 by Jackfath

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:35 - Nov 28 with 1107 views Gowerjack

Not for me for this reason...

He's infamous for writing cheesy dialogue - during the filming of A New Hope, Mark Hamill is alleged to have told him that "people don't talk like this!", Harrison Ford complained "you can type this shit, George, but you sure can't say it" and Empire co-writer Lawrence Kasdan recalled frequently saying "This is a terrible scene, I can't believe George wrote this" while reading Lucas' earlier draft. Even Lucas called himself "the King of Wooden Dialogue".

Plastic since 1974

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:36 - Nov 28 with 1102 views exiledclaseboy

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:36 - Nov 28 with 1102 views waynekerr55

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:31 - Nov 28 by londonlisa2001

Even when yoda chops off the storm troopers heads/pushes the emperors guards against the wall?

Blog: Formations - what should we play?

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:57 - Nov 28 with 1082 views londonlisa2001

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:36 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

You can't say that !!!

But actually - you're right. Largely though that the special effects these days look so bad it's untrue.

Still - it only takes that music starting on the trailer today before I honestly started getting goosebumps.

Star Wars VII Trailer on 21:56 - Nov 28 with 1046 views Lord_Bony

Oh I fkn loves it all
I was brought up on it..my boys was brought up on it..bring it on..

Plus the well known fact that George Lucas is actulally an insider with knowledge of life in the galaxy..thats how it is folks..teeming with life with a never ending fight between good and evil...the good will prevail soon though..

But Dec 2915 wtf?

Star Wars VII Trailer on 22:17 - Nov 28 with 1025 views Dr_Winston

[Post edited 28 Nov 22:20]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Star Wars VII Trailer on 08:34 - Nov 29 with 950 views csf

Star Wars VII Trailer on 22:17 - Nov 28 by Dr_Winston

[Post edited 28 Nov 22:20]

This made me laugh, as a reasonable adult with an objective view Dr W is right, the film is overrated, but as a 35 year old who as ECB put it is genetically predisposed to loving it, I still think it and episodes 5 and 6 (even with the Ewoks) are the best films ever made.

As for the trailer, didn't like the droid, not fussed on the troops I'm old school prefer stormtroopers, like the girl on the transport, LOVED the X-Wing spot, didn't enjoy that daft looking lightsaber, and having read a lot of Star wars book in my yoof I wasn't convinced by the MF scene. But all told it got me really excited for the film.

For me Episodes 4 5 and 6 were the best that they could produce at the time with Lucas' rubbish script. Episodes 1 2 and 3 were his rubbish scripts with him doing everything he could with computers and special effects. The trailer seemed like it had a bit more of a feel of the original trilogy with the right use of effects and thats why I'm excited, and ow have to wait a year.
[Post edited 29 Nov 8:42]

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:31 - Nov 29 with 854 views dickythorpe

Sir Alec Guiness though it was gash but loved the money.

http://io9.com/5974242/alec-guinness-thought-star-wars-was-fairytale-rubbish-and

Poll: Who are the Wimbledon that won the FA cup?

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:40 - Nov 29 with 848 views dickythorpe

P.S. about time for another Rocky film.
[Post edited 29 Nov 20:40]

Star Wars VII Trailer on 20:41 - Nov 29 with 844 views dickythorpe

P.P.S about time for another Saw film

Star Wars VII Trailer on 15:52 - Nov 30 with 778 views jruss1

Thankfully Lucas hasn't written this screen play, or directed the movie. Which gives it a chance. Abrams is hit or miss for me so far, but I understand why they went for him as director.

The prequel trilogy was terrible. There was nothing good about it. I wouldn't know where to start. But if you have a few hours spare I recomend you try 'Red Letter Media' review of the films. Not only will it make you laugh, but it painfully points out how bad these movies were from the first one to last in great detail. Link for Phantom Menace review below:

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-men

Star Wars VII Trailer on 10:32 - Jul 15 with 447 views scottishjack

Going to bump this back up with the release of the Comic-Con footage...got to admit that I'm looking forward to this one!

Star Wars VII Trailer on 00:31 - Dec 31 with 189 views Dyfnant

Watched it this evening, excellent. Fans of episode 1V will love it.

Star Wars VII Trailer on 02:35 - Dec 31 with 152 views Highjack

Poll: Is lying to your kids about Santa wrong?

Star Wars VII Trailer on 02:42 - Dec 31 with 146 views Dyfnant

Star Wars VII Trailer on 02:35 - Dec 31 by Highjack

Well no one could afford a fool proof one. There's 35 year old cardboard ones on eBay for £5k ffs

Star Wars VII Trailer on 14:05 - Dec 31 with 39 views exiledclaseboy

Star Wars VII Trailer on 14:24 - Dec 31 with 20 views Gowerjack

Star Wars VII Trailer on 14:05 - Dec 31 by exiledclaseboy

Plastic since 1974

Star Wars VII Trailer on 14:26 - Dec 31 with 18 views exiledclaseboy

Star Wars VII Trailer on 14:24 - Dec 31 by Gowerjack

She is indeed. Princess Leia hasn't aged well though.

Star Wars VII Trailer on 14:51 - Dec 31 with 0 views Lord_Bony

Seen it in the cinema recently. Definitely more adult orientated than the previous...heavy storyline with not much action for kids...7our of 10.

Page: < previous1next >

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising Admin© FansNetwork 2015 hosted by FastHosts

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024