Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How good are Swansea 20:44 - Dec 7 with 4718 viewsThe_undecided

I dont post on here often as I am more of a distant admirer of Swansea than a local fan having seen their impressive rise to the top tier and the way they have played since getting there, the managers that have come and gone but the same attitude and style of play as almost stuck with the club throughout.

But after todays defeat I would just like to gauge the feeling of Swansea current squad and how far they can go this season.

I will start off by summing up (as an outsider) what I have seen so far this season and how it compares to previous seasons.

Personally I was against the appointment of Gary Monk but did like the way that a Manager was appointed from within the ranks and who knows the club inside and out and passinate, these are the traits you want from a club manager, but something nagging me that he is not the man for the job yet and will not get the best out of the players and enough to bring them on from a development viewpoint.

Anyway as this season as progressed I feel that Monk as done little wrong and some of the results quite pleasing with some nice football being played. However I just don't feel that Monk is the right man, I will be straight here the Premier league this season is pretty poor with only Chelsea and Man City being the stand out clubs along with Southampton due to what happened there over the summer, but even they are now starting to fade a little.

Back to Swansea, I think where you currently sit is laregly due to other clubs poor performance rather than a step up from last season..Anyone agree with this? There have been moments of class but I don't think I have seen such a poor Arsenal, Liverpool or Man U (at least when you played them at OT) side in many a year.

Other wins seem to be mainly at home against clubs hovering around the bottom quarter of the table, W Brom, QPR, Burnley, Leicester teams I would of put money on Swansea beating at home this season. There has only been 1 win on the road and that was back in August, is that a worry?

I think that many of the bigger clubs suffered from World Cup blues early on with some still not fully recovered with ongoing injuries to key players, Swansea will face these sides later in the season away from home.

Looking at the table now and Swansea in 8th they have already lost or drawn to a few of the clubs below them but are only 18 points from safety, so I am guessing its more of a slip up above rather than performances against those below.

So my question is, are Swansea better this season than previous or does any feel like I do that its more to do with favorable fixtures early on and other clubs slipping up maybe due to World Cup, as I think Swansea did better overall in a season when they had European football to deal with as well, this season there are no distractions.

Thoughts please
How good are Swansea on 09:11 - Dec 19 with 710 viewsSenhin

How good are Swansea on 22:10 - Dec 7 by oh_tommy_tommy

Attacking Left back
Cover for left bank
Cover for right back
Big strong holding midfielder to mix it up .

I'm pretty sure Neil is plenty good enough for cover... That's just cruel.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024