Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? 17:35 - Dec 10 with 18670 views_

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 10 Dec 2014 19:07]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 12:08 - Dec 11 with 1961 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 12:02 - Dec 11 by Le_Swans

Why wasn't any of this an issue when we were in league 2? Or are you just trying a new angle to beat the club and trust with?

Do you think we should stay at league 2 level off the field? That's not where we are on it so why should we?

What's the most common put down that fans come up with when they feel despondent with the club or let down or that the club has been unnecessarily greedy or basic systems don't work....? So many issues youcould add into that last paragraph....

They say Premier League on the pitch, League 2 off it

Well if you've ever wondered why they say that, read the whole thread.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 12:09 - Dec 11 with 1959 viewsMillJack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 10:56 - Dec 11 by icecoldjack

Bottom line for me is that we as a multi million pound buisness should always employ the best person for the job where ever possible.

We can forgive the club for being behind the curve in off field activities in its first year or two in the prem league but it sums it up for me when in our 4 th year in the richest league in the world we pursue local curry houses to advertise on crowd facing hoardings at a grand a pop which in all honesty is small time thinkimg and probably peoplle thinkimg local and family in the wrong areas!

Nice to have the family feel but not when we are a global buisness with so much more options to persue.

Im un sure about alot of thngs regardng our club but on the other hand i also know that the people there have the club at heart.

Its difficult but i feel we are punching well below our weight in off field matters and i also think eople at the club know this and are worried its getting perhaps too big for them.

I feel for all concerned, there are some really tough decisions ahead thats for sure !

Sadly, despite there apparently being no censorship on this site, an entire thread regarding the practice of employing family members and/or people not fit or qualified for the role was deleted only a couple of days ago. A very sad state of affairs when people can't voice their opinion on here without it being removed for fear of offending someone within the club.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 12:11 - Dec 11 with 1950 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 12:06 - Dec 11 by Uxbridge

I'm no fan of nepotism old chap. Quite despise it. I'm all about the right people in the right position to do the right jobs. I believe I may have made my comments known about certain individuals in the past on that score

I also know Jim's feelings on that too and in fact it was conversations withhim, passionate ones, around 8 years ago that led me to question goings on.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 12:17 - Dec 11 with 1934 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 12:09 - Dec 11 by MillJack

Sadly, despite there apparently being no censorship on this site, an entire thread regarding the practice of employing family members and/or people not fit or qualified for the role was deleted only a couple of days ago. A very sad state of affairs when people can't voice their opinion on here without it being removed for fear of offending someone within the club.

Well there you go then.... Disappointed if true.

The Darran as mod era on here was a very bad time for this too.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 12:30 - Dec 11 with 1910 viewstomdickharry

Most interesting points being discussed lets put some meat on the bone with facts -
Stadium Expansion - One of the most emotive threads/posts on this forum why on earth don't our club keep fans up to date with the current situation by issuing official statements. There is a section on the Official site about Stadium Expansion as far as I can see the last publication on that section was 27/2/13.Therefore from our club,silence.Why?
Commercial Director - Appointment of this very important role buried in the Trust Minutes of 7/10/13.Why? Was the position advertised so that the best could be appointed ?
Just 2 examples that stir up the concerns of fans and produce comments that may not occur if fans new what was happening through official channels.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:01 - Dec 11 with 1866 viewsSpratti

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 12:09 - Dec 11 by MillJack

When the site owner and Trust Director deletes the profile of a polite contributor who is a season ticket holder, regular away supporter and Trust member and who has broken no forum rules then there has to be serious concerns re censorship.

The fact that the site owner makes it clear he will ban who he wants and has no need to give a reason then issues of fairness and personal objectives raise their head. The fact that he derrides any link being made between his role as a fans representative and any unfair treatment of supporters on this site is also a concern.

It is a shame because there are perfectly good rules on this site which Phil has specifically pointed to and asked for help in enforcing. But it seems that is just lip service and a route to banning if you take him at his word.

I look forward to my Spratty account being reactivated but will not hold my breath.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:03 - Dec 11 with 1860 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 12:30 - Dec 11 by tomdickharry

Most interesting points being discussed lets put some meat on the bone with facts -
Stadium Expansion - One of the most emotive threads/posts on this forum why on earth don't our club keep fans up to date with the current situation by issuing official statements. There is a section on the Official site about Stadium Expansion as far as I can see the last publication on that section was 27/2/13.Therefore from our club,silence.Why?
Commercial Director - Appointment of this very important role buried in the Trust Minutes of 7/10/13.Why? Was the position advertised so that the best could be appointed ?
Just 2 examples that stir up the concerns of fans and produce comments that may not occur if fans new what was happening through official channels.

Andrew, Phil, Jim, Huw....

Your thoughts and reasons for the below perhaps? Or maybe Xmastree?

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:21 - Dec 11 with 1840 viewsskippyjack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 12:30 - Dec 11 by tomdickharry

I've already mentioned why a silence is involved... the American takeover has a massive impact on the politics of Swansea.. it isn't just the club involved with this potential takeover.. politicians are in conversation about it.. that's why it's hush hush.. a Labour government being 'conservative' isn't a surprise.. this is what happens when you're global.. this decision is vital for the Economy of Swansea.. if a billionaire comes in.. it's potentially a fantastic move for the Economy (that's if the councillors can do their jobs..that's another story).. but it could potentially mean curtains for the club..

What's more important? The city (and the south wales area) or the club..the majority of people from Swansea couldn't give a f*ck about the club.. I'm just glad I was one of that army of a few thousand Swans fans who have helped a struggling city find some form of respect.. yet it's the city that hasn't given me a fair crack at education.. any respect or understanding.. and I've been patronised by every c*nt.. plus I've been a target of the police force for some time.. I've only ever wanted a job.. but this City I've helped put on the map.. is clearly sticking two fingers up to me.. so f*ck the people! Uppa Swans! F*ck the economy! F*ck the politicians! F*ck everyone else! Who genuinely gives a f*ck! Everyone is a selfish entity.. let's be selfish.. I'm against the takeover.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Login to get fewer ads

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:22 - Dec 11 with 1837 viewsUxbridge

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:03 - Dec 11 by _

You want me to defend the communication department of the club? Blimey.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:34 - Dec 11 with 1814 viewsJJJack

Great post. I think the powers that be within the club are probably quite happy to see us lot arguing about this stuff on here rather than something more important as you ask.

So T2C are saying that the Supporters' Trust Director (not Phil, to be clear, the other guy) for example should not be providing his business services to the club?? I know he has previously. Personally I don't really have an issue with as it's the way of the business world. Though as you say, I'd like to know
1) whether said service was value for money for the club and
2) whether the Trust Director ran for this position partly for personal gain
3) whether it's still happening?

I can guarantee I won't get answers and neither will TDH in the short term.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2014 13:36]
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:49 - Dec 11 with 1777 viewslondonlisa2001

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 10:56 - Dec 11 by icecoldjack

Bottom line for me is that we as a multi million pound buisness should always employ the best person for the job where ever possible.

We can forgive the club for being behind the curve in off field activities in its first year or two in the prem league but it sums it up for me when in our 4 th year in the richest league in the world we pursue local curry houses to advertise on crowd facing hoardings at a grand a pop which in all honesty is small time thinkimg and probably peoplle thinkimg local and family in the wrong areas!

Nice to have the family feel but not when we are a global buisness with so much more options to persue.

Im un sure about alot of thngs regardng our club but on the other hand i also know that the people there have the club at heart.

Its difficult but i feel we are punching well below our weight in off field matters and i also think eople at the club know this and are worried its getting perhaps too big for them.

I feel for all concerned, there are some really tough decisions ahead thats for sure !

I agree with most that you say, it's the family feel bit that I was referring to as being something I quite like.

As I said in my previous post, I think we need some significant beefing up in commercial matters (and it seems like the club are beginning to recognise this). But as to whether there are people working for the club that are related to others - I'm just not that bothered by that - it happens everywhere.

I should clarify by the way - that is not the same thing at all as me thinking that we should have people employed to do stuff that they are not qualified for, or if they are not the best person available in a senior and significant role.

Re your wider point - is the club too big now for the people involved? Yes - it absolutely is. It was as soon as we stayed up that first year.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:59 - Dec 11 with 1758 viewsJJJack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:49 - Dec 11 by londonlisa2001

I agree with most that you say, it's the family feel bit that I was referring to as being something I quite like.

As I said in my previous post, I think we need some significant beefing up in commercial matters (and it seems like the club are beginning to recognise this). But as to whether there are people working for the club that are related to others - I'm just not that bothered by that - it happens everywhere.

I should clarify by the way - that is not the same thing at all as me thinking that we should have people employed to do stuff that they are not qualified for, or if they are not the best person available in a senior and significant role.

Re your wider point - is the club too big now for the people involved? Yes - it absolutely is. It was as soon as we stayed up that first year.

I don't agree with your last point. The accounts for the subsequent 2 seasons and the performances on the pitch clearly demonstrate we DO have the right people in charge. As does this season's performance. Jenkins is the best Chairman in the EPL and that's the opinion of many, many fans, pundits and journalists across the entire U.K.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:19 - Dec 11 with 1743 viewsMillie

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:49 - Dec 11 by londonlisa2001

My understanding is that Huw Cooze runs a design company and was working for the club back in 2002 when the club was in dire straights. If his company was right for the club at the time, offered the right level of professionalism and turned round a decent quality programme week in week out, it wouldn't be fair for his company to lose out now some 12 or 13 years later, the club only know if the price offered then (or now) is right. I assume it would look elsewhere if it wasn't or there was a better product on offer in up the road.
Surely, it's up to the Trust board to decide if personal gain for the service offered effected his ability to represent us, the fans.

It was also said on Saturday night that Leigh Dineen struggles to get a budget off Huw Jenkins, I'm not having a go at HJ but he needs to loosen the purse strings not only on football purchases but commercial activity too. Commercial is an area that has been under-resourced for years, we can all see that.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:21 - Dec 11 with 1739 viewslondonlisa2001

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:59 - Dec 11 by JJJack

I don't agree with your last point. The accounts for the subsequent 2 seasons and the performances on the pitch clearly demonstrate we DO have the right people in charge. As does this season's performance. Jenkins is the best Chairman in the EPL and that's the opinion of many, many fans, pundits and journalists across the entire U.K.

sorry - I don't think that I've said anything about Huw Jenkins and I certainly didn't mean to imply that.

I think he does an excellent job, but as with every Chief Exec (since that's what he effectively is) he can't oversee all activities?

My view as to stuff being too big, is not about the playing side, nor about the club as a whole (re training facilities, academy and so on) but certainly with regard to the commercial side the potential is too big for the set up that has been in place - the club are addressing that in some ways by the deal they've just announced with the marketing people.

I also think that communication needs a lot of work. I agree with those that have said on here about communication on the expansion. That' being very badly handled in my view. It's just not good enough that every year there are vague discussions about 'January' which comes and goes. There should be a clearly communicated plan, with details of steps, hurdles and so on, so it's all out in the open.

On the commercial side, it ranges from things like LED advertising to shirts not being available for sale anywhere other than in Swansea, to various hospitality packages, concourse outlets, all sorts of stuff that could, in my opinion, be improved.

The marketing and commercial side of a business that is bringing in £100m a year is huge, and I simply don't think we've got to grips with that in the past 3 or 4 years.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:23 - Dec 11 with 1736 viewslondonlisa2001

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:19 - Dec 11 by Millie

My understanding is that Huw Cooze runs a design company and was working for the club back in 2002 when the club was in dire straights. If his company was right for the club at the time, offered the right level of professionalism and turned round a decent quality programme week in week out, it wouldn't be fair for his company to lose out now some 12 or 13 years later, the club only know if the price offered then (or now) is right. I assume it would look elsewhere if it wasn't or there was a better product on offer in up the road.
Surely, it's up to the Trust board to decide if personal gain for the service offered effected his ability to represent us, the fans.

It was also said on Saturday night that Leigh Dineen struggles to get a budget off Huw Jenkins, I'm not having a go at HJ but he needs to loosen the purse strings not only on football purchases but commercial activity too. Commercial is an area that has been under-resourced for years, we can all see that.

I personally agre with you on Huw Cooze - I don't have a problem with it, as I alluded to yesterday.

I'd far rather the work went to a local company than was farmed out to London.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:28 - Dec 11 with 1729 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:19 - Dec 11 by Millie

I'm sure Huw provides an excellent and value for money service to the club. He's involved somehow with the match day programmes I think and they are excellent by all accounts.

Long may this continue.

But Trust Director as well - Nope. Not with his business interests, that's not going to be fair to him and should be a clear constitution in the Trust Articles of Association to never be allowed again.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:54 - Dec 11 with 1695 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:22 - Dec 11 by Uxbridge

You want me to defend the communication department of the club? Blimey.

What is the remit and objectives of a Trust Board member, Chairman and Director?

Do you have some kind of contract?

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 15:47 - Dec 11 with 1661 viewsSpratti

Whilst no reflection on the stated example I think the point being missed is that such controls should exist because in this scenario the Board could hyperthetically / potentially award contracts / offer freebies / hospitality not based on best value but as a sweetener to get the Trust rep on their side in decisions that could currently make the difference between making multi million £ profits and their shares being potentially not selllable.

This is no reflection on anyone in particular just sensible controls given human nature in general and even the small impact relatively minor things may have on the objectivity of our perception. Buttering up and currying favour can be seen all the time between interest groups even on this very website.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 16:17 - Dec 11 with 1620 views_

Just an update to this as of a day later almost....

Around 70% of a cross section of posters think it WRONG to have Trust Rep's having a personal financial interest in the club.

When you factor into this that the weirdo Dailew would have posted "Yes", well just because he's weird and then add in the posters that just hate me regardless of topic, the likes of Teabag, Dick and Neathjack then the percentage against this notion would be even greater.

Hopefully this is some food for thought...

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 17:07 - Dec 11 with 1575 viewsShaky

Of course the Trust Director shouldn't have any business dealings with the club regardless of who's doing who a favour.

The potential for the appearance of impropriety is simply unacceptable for somebody who is supposed to be representing the Trust's membership as opposed to his own personal interests.

But the issue is much wider than this. Huw Jenkins should not hold both positions of CEO and Chairman of the Board, since this also creates - potentially far more serious - conflicts of interest and scope for abuse.

Another issue I would seek to review and formalise is the way confidential information is passed between the club board and the Trust board.

And again, it is not that anybody is arguing that any abuses necessarily exist, but merely that it is stupid and frankly negligent not to put in place institutional rules and systems designed to prevent them in the first place.

The way I would approach this is for the Trust to instruct the SD to request that the board hires an **independent** corporate governance consultant to review current practices and recommend a set of measures to bring the club into line with best practices.

If they don't agree I can see fewer better uses of the Trust's cash pile, and the thing shouldn't cost a fortune anyway.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:46 - Dec 11 with 1448 viewsxmastree

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:03 - Dec 11 by _

Don't bring me into to it . I have fack all to do with the trust. In fact never been a member and before you say it I'm not an employee of the club either. What I do know is this constant almost cowardly assassination of certain people is just pathetic.

Don't like what goes on at our club then go knock on their doors and ask them to explain things to you. Not only might you get some answers but you might just learn something. But that would be too easy. You have been invited before haven't you ?. I wish they would invite you again and then perhaps all this vitriol would stop. !
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 00:25 - Dec 12 with 1404 viewsSpratti

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:46 - Dec 11 by xmastree

Don't bring me into to it . I have fack all to do with the trust. In fact never been a member and before you say it I'm not an employee of the club either. What I do know is this constant almost cowardly assassination of certain people is just pathetic.

Don't like what goes on at our club then go knock on their doors and ask them to explain things to you. Not only might you get some answers but you might just learn something. But that would be too easy. You have been invited before haven't you ?. I wish they would invite you again and then perhaps all this vitriol would stop. !

Ah if you are looking for cowardly assassination of people you are in the right place.

Not sure knocking on doors is a good idea. When a neighbour of Garry's merely popped a friendly letter of advice in it was like the inquisition on here, you would swear pushing a letter through his letterbox was tantamount to child abuse such was the overreaction of the usual suspect. I was referred to like some sort of pervert because I mentioned in response to a comment from another poster that Garry's house (as per all that row of houses) is only a few steps back from the pavement. For having this rudimentary knowledge of my own neighborhood It was suggested that my IP adress should be taken and I should be investigated. So I am sure the Board can cope with a few comments if the rest of us have to endure such character assassination.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 02:30 - Dec 12 with 1392 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 22:46 - Dec 11 by xmastree

What's cowardly is you hiding behind your new username taking sly digs but I'd expect that from you and your family. knock knock.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:31 - Dec 19 with 2234 viewsBobJack

Last week The Trust Board of Directors.

Now the Clubs directors.

who next I wonder.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 17:00 - Dec 19 with 2175 viewsperchrockjack

70% eh of posters. T hat s as big a whopper as ever seen on here.

Staggering stuff.

And now , to add to the old(er) fan, disabled ,females, we now see family members drawn into this abyss.

FFS .

Thankfully, this board and majority of fans see this board and its members as something to avoid.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024