Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? 17:35 - Dec 10 with 18657 views_

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 10 Dec 2014 19:07]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 17:52 - Dec 10 with 4385 views_

Please be as impartial as you can and forget it was me who asked the question.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 18:41 - Dec 10 with 4315 viewsItchySphincter

Of course they shouldn't. Only one answer to this poll.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 18:43 - Dec 10 with 4309 viewsParlay

Absolutely, unequivocally and categorically... NO

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 18:49 - Dec 10 with 4303 views_

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 18:41 - Dec 10 by ItchySphincter

Of course they shouldn't. Only one answer to this poll.

I do wonder who could possibly vote "YES" here but some have it seems!?

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 18:52 - Dec 10 with 4288 viewsParlay

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 18:49 - Dec 10 by _

I do wonder who could possibly vote "YES" here but some have it seems!?

Maybe they just see board directors rather than trust board directors.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:07 - Dec 10 with 4257 views_

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 18:52 - Dec 10 by Parlay

Maybe they just see board directors rather than trust board directors.

I've put it in capitals now...

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:09 - Dec 10 with 4252 viewsDr_Winston

At the very least the Trust director should have no other interest with the club than the welfare of those who elected him to represent them, especially given his track record of defending some of the current boards decisions against some very legitimate criticism.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:11 - Dec 10 with 4237 viewsJackfath

Out of interest, could someone furnish those not in the know as to who the trust directors are, and also if they post on here using any monikers.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:14 - Dec 10 with 4231 viewsmorningstar

I'm just wondering why the question is being asked?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:22 - Dec 10 with 4208 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:09 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

At the very least the Trust director should have no other interest with the club than the welfare of those who elected him to represent them, especially given his track record of defending some of the current boards decisions against some very legitimate criticism.

The Trust, and I don't mean anyone that sits on its current board of directors should employ a paid Trust Director.

Someone who represents us in the club boardroom and also someone who would be responsible for raising funds, through increased membership, bowling nights, other activities etc and also his own salary.

The more he raises in Trust funds and the more objectives he meets, the more he gets remunerated. This would increase fan engagement like you see on the continent and in particular Germany and Holland and should be encouraged by anyone who genuinely considers themselves to have the club and more importantly its fans' best interests at heart.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:26 - Dec 10 with 4171 viewsDarran

This poll has been altered and should now be defunct

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:29 - Dec 10 with 4167 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:14 - Dec 10 by morningstar

I'm just wondering why the question is being asked?

Well first of all out of sheer "principle", and also because there would be a strong suggestion that if you are making money from the club, are you the right person to voice the genuine concerns of the fans you're supposed to be representing?

No one wants a divide between the owners and the fans rep, but if the fans rep is voicing legitimate concerns on behalf of the supporters at large then you'd hope to have someone completely impartial to do that.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:31 - Dec 10 with 4158 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:26 - Dec 10 by Darran

This poll has been altered and should now be defunct

??

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:34 - Dec 10 with 4149 viewsmorningstar

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:29 - Dec 10 by _

Well first of all out of sheer "principle", and also because there would be a strong suggestion that if you are making money from the club, are you the right person to voice the genuine concerns of the fans you're supposed to be representing?

No one wants a divide between the owners and the fans rep, but if the fans rep is voicing legitimate concerns on behalf of the supporters at large then you'd hope to have someone completely impartial to do that.

That goes without saying, but the reason I asked is because are we saying that trust board members do gain financially? If so, how?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:49 - Dec 10 with 4110 viewsexiledclaseboy

The answer is an obvious "no". But the poll does beg the question - do any of the current Trust Board gain financially from SCFC?

Poll: Tory leader

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:53 - Dec 10 with 4093 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:49 - Dec 10 by exiledclaseboy

The answer is an obvious "no". But the poll does beg the question - do any of the current Trust Board gain financially from SCFC?

To Morningstar also...

Would you consider the club paying the Trust Director/Board member's own business for services rendered to be gaining financially?

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:57 - Dec 10 with 4075 viewsNeathJack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:53 - Dec 10 by _

To Morningstar also...

Would you consider the club paying the Trust Director/Board member's own business for services rendered to be gaining financially?

Depends on the terms of the business. Who's to say that any services have not been provided at a discounted rate to the club?

Would that still be unacceptable?
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:03 - Dec 10 with 4048 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:53 - Dec 10 by _

To Morningstar also...

Yes. But I'm not convinced that's necessarily a conflict unless the Trust director or board member allows his decisions that he's taking on behalf of the Trust to be influenced by (for example) the fear that If they rock the boat the club will remove its custom from the Trust director/board member's business. We can't know whether that's happened or not and I think we should be careful of possibly impugning the reputations of good people by implying that it has.

That said I do agree that in an ideal world those representing the fans through the Trust would not have these financial interests in the football club.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:07 - Dec 10 with 4030 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:22 - Dec 10 by _

The Trust, and I don't mean anyone that sits on its current board of directors should employ a paid Trust Director.

Someone who represents us in the club boardroom and also someone who would be responsible for raising funds, through increased membership, bowling nights, other activities etc and also his own salary.

The more he raises in Trust funds and the more objectives he meets, the more he gets remunerated. This would increase fan engagement like you see on the continent and in particular Germany and Holland and should be encouraged by anyone who genuinely considers themselves to have the club and more importantly its fans' best interests at heart.

This is a job for the combined talents of me and skippy, the gisssajobs of planet swans

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:08 - Dec 10 with 4015 viewsDarran

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:03 - Dec 10 by exiledclaseboy

Yes. But I'm not convinced that's necessarily a conflict unless the Trust director or board member allows his decisions that he's taking on behalf of the Trust to be influenced by (for example) the fear that If they rock the boat the club will remove its custom from the Trust director/board member's business. We can't know whether that's happened or not and I think we should be careful of possibly impugning the reputations of good people by implying that it has.

That said I do agree that in an ideal world those representing the fans through the Trust would not have these financial interests in the football club.

I completely agree Andrew and even if said person is gaining he could be doing it cheaper than elsewhere.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:11 - Dec 10 with 4015 viewsexiledclaseboy

And of course as others have said, any such arrangements could also benefit the club, with SCFC getting the services from the Trust director/board member's company cheaper than they would elsewhere

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:18 - Dec 10 with 3988 viewsDarran

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:11 - Dec 10 by exiledclaseboy

And of course as others have said, any such arrangements could also benefit the club, with SCFC getting the services from the Trust director/board member's company cheaper than they would elsewhere

I have been told that a director did a job at the new training ground 20% cheaper than anywhere else.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:21 - Dec 10 with 3991 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:57 - Dec 10 by NeathJack

Depends on the terms of the business. Who's to say that any services have not been provided at a discounted rate to the club?

Would that still be unacceptable?

That would be still unacceptable, without doubt.

Why even have any sort of conflict of interest whatsoever. There should be no need for this.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:24 - Dec 10 with 3972 viewsNeathJack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:21 - Dec 10 by _

That would be still unacceptable, without doubt.

Why even have any sort of conflict of interest whatsoever. There should be no need for this.

I disagree.

If the club are getting a better deal than would have been possible elsewhere and said deal has no affect on the directors opinions and decision making in regards to representing the fans then there is no problem.

You appear to be insinuating that there is a conflict of interests for which I assume you have evidence?
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:41 - Dec 10 with 2883 views_

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:03 - Dec 10 by exiledclaseboy

I am not trying to impugn anyone's reputation and I have been told on many an occasion that these are good people. I am merely speaking from a point of principle and that any sort of financial dealings through personal business interests should be removed from the equation.

Then we wouldn't be even having this conversation and we'd feel, as fans, we've got someone who would be able to concentrate solely on fan matters.

You may well realise that the last Supporters DIrector now sits on the Board itself, has a large salary and still has business dealings with the club. Is that right?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024