Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"MOORE'S THE PETTY" 22:42 - Dec 14 with 25249 viewsChiswickjack4

Another home game, another banner in the East Stand with a message to the Americans.

I very much hope the club take their time on deciding on new/additional investment.

The value of our club is going to go through the roof once the new TV deal is announced in March...
(No subject) on 13:08 - Dec 19 with 1903 viewslondonlisa2001

(No subject) on 12:39 - Dec 19 by jackonicko

*looks out of window*

No. Not the Swansea skyline here either. Thankfully e-mail and telephones exist, eh?

I bet you don't need to google how to get to Swansea though.

Tell you what - that extra 34 miles from here makes all the difference to the time it takes. Over 4 hours??

Traffic's a bitch around Romford I guess...
(No subject) on 13:11 - Dec 19 with 1901 viewsjackonicko

(No subject) on 12:59 - Dec 19 by Shaky

Nope. There were many, many factors, only some of which I have mentioned.

Classic!
(No subject) on 13:15 - Dec 19 with 1882 viewsShaky

(No subject) on 13:11 - Dec 19 by jackonicko

Classic!

So you believe it is implausible to have more than one reason for taking decisions?

Quack-quack.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

(No subject) on 13:34 - Dec 19 with 1862 viewsShaky

(No subject) on 13:15 - Dec 19 by Shaky

So you believe it is implausible to have more than one reason for taking decisions?

Quack-quack.

I'll take that as a yes then.

I knew you were a shallow little c*nt, but that's taking things to a completely different level.

Misology -- It's a bitch

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 14:29 - Dec 19 with 1830 viewsjackonicko

You'll never make zen master with a potty mouth like that
(No subject) on 17:08 - Dec 19 with 1819 viewsDJack

(No subject) on 11:21 - Dec 19 by Shaky

So let me get this straight: when you made your original statement about how modest financial advisors always are, you were merely laying an elaborate trap for me.

A trap that you have now successfully sprung enabling you to deliver your decisive argument that I should be bragging my name from the rooftops if I really were a pukka financial expert.

This you presumably know due to your total familiarity with the minutely detailed behaviour of all financial experts as a completely homogenous genus, as well as whatever unique personal circumstances I might find myself in, enabling you to predict precisely how any financial expert will react.

Wow.

Your evolution from terse, self-proclaimed champion of rationalism into back street quackery is as shockingly apparent as it is hilarious.

The emperor has no clothes and has revealed himself to be an intellectual maggot. It's really not news to me, however.

"when you made your original statement about how modest financial advisors always are, you were merely laying an elaborate trap for me."

Err, once again WRONG.

My full post was just pointing out flaws in your previous post. That's why I counted through the paragraphs. I then posted a generalised comment on those on this board with an apparent financial background. You have previously alluded to your stratospheric career in finance where you've trounced the worlds best or some such other deluded shit. The financial whizz-kids that are able to do this are not the shy retiring type and they like to advertise themselves even well after their peak. You however, my shrinking violet, do not and I "suspect" that you are talking crap...Oh the shock! etc, etc

As to quackery, I think that you doing the transference thing again. You are a head doctors dream.Come back with the verbose meanderings, out of context copies from textbooks, selective reasoning. Do it all and more as I'm not bothered. You are almost certainly intellectually my superior, I'm still not bothered.

In a previous reply you had a pop at Jackonicko with this beut "But of course there is always the possibility that your psychological expertise and mindreading skills have granted you the knowledge that's all wrong." OH THE IRONY... but still, I really am not bothered by you and do you know why? It's because live or die, up or down, daddy or chips you have no meaning nor affect in/on my life. Ultimately the maggot is you and this fish is not interested in such a tiny morsel.

Have a good weekend, I know that I will.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

(No subject) on 17:57 - Dec 19 with 1796 viewssixpenses

(No subject) on 17:08 - Dec 19 by DJack

"when you made your original statement about how modest financial advisors always are, you were merely laying an elaborate trap for me."

Err, once again WRONG.

My full post was just pointing out flaws in your previous post. That's why I counted through the paragraphs. I then posted a generalised comment on those on this board with an apparent financial background. You have previously alluded to your stratospheric career in finance where you've trounced the worlds best or some such other deluded shit. The financial whizz-kids that are able to do this are not the shy retiring type and they like to advertise themselves even well after their peak. You however, my shrinking violet, do not and I "suspect" that you are talking crap...Oh the shock! etc, etc

As to quackery, I think that you doing the transference thing again. You are a head doctors dream.Come back with the verbose meanderings, out of context copies from textbooks, selective reasoning. Do it all and more as I'm not bothered. You are almost certainly intellectually my superior, I'm still not bothered.

In a previous reply you had a pop at Jackonicko with this beut "But of course there is always the possibility that your psychological expertise and mindreading skills have granted you the knowledge that's all wrong." OH THE IRONY... but still, I really am not bothered by you and do you know why? It's because live or die, up or down, daddy or chips you have no meaning nor affect in/on my life. Ultimately the maggot is you and this fish is not interested in such a tiny morsel.

Whew that is an awful lot of not caring

Think you may mean projection rather than transference from your description
(No subject) on 18:09 - Dec 19 with 1782 viewsDJack

(No subject) on 17:57 - Dec 19 by sixpenses

Whew that is an awful lot of not caring

Think you may mean projection rather than transference from your description

Your second sentence is correct... distinct lack of sleep and I'm getting confuzzled.

As to "an awful lot of not caring" what in there was worth caring about?

Are you the poster known as Spratty?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 18:25 - Dec 19 with 1764 viewsShaky

(No subject) on 17:08 - Dec 19 by DJack

Err, once again WRONG.

What a load of whining shit. Just shocking.

But it is clear to me I am in a battle of wits with an unarmed man and there's no sport in that. You really should learn to stay down though.

Misology -- It's a bitch

(No subject) on 23:21 - Dec 19 with 1709 viewsDJack

(No subject) on 18:25 - Dec 19 by Shaky

What a load of whining shit. Just shocking.

But it is clear to me I am in a battle of wits with an unarmed man and there's no sport in that. You really should learn to stay down though.

No whining or rising to the bait and that is what you hate.

Your comment on "sport" is the most revealing as it belies the truth in your posting. No need for truth or facts just you acting like FIFA corrupting everything and playing your own game.

As to me learning to stay down, well you know that won't happen as you've already pointed out that "DJack...you are too f*cking stupid and narrow-minded to understand that"

(No subject) on 09:35 - Dec 20 with 1645 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 11:46 - Dec 20 with 1607 viewsDJack

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 22:28 - Dec 23 with 1160 viewsTheResurrection

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 22:24 - Dec 16 by _

Lisa is as bad as Shaky, if not worse. Which is a shame as clearly they both have an enormous amount of knowledge in their areas of expertise.

For any mug still doubting Shaky's credentials then I would just suggest this stops and they begin to listen carefully to what he has to say. He moves in different circles to anyone on here and has his own inimitable style of posting - basically he tells it as it is "offend or please" which gets my respect every time.

He has given piotential scenarios and painted a takeover option which would not all be bad news for us. He's not doing this because he stands to gain anything from it and he certainly is not doing the PR work for the club, although i would be worried the club Directors may approach him for his services with the amount of shit he gets on here.

Where are we with all this at the moment?

I'm guessing only a select few people know and the very handy "NDA' is conveniently hamstringing our connected party in being able to perhaps offer the fan base at large more information.

The very likely scenario, however, is that talks are very advanced and the general mood is being assessed, propoganda formulating, PR exercises being implemented all in order to get the timing of the announcement just right.

The whole Trust set up is clearly an area that needs addressing. What happened with Leigh Dineen back in 2006 and his acquisition of shares and appointment onto the Board itself is nothing short of shocking and he got away lightly on that.

The fact any Trust Board member has personal business interests with the club, no matter how small is fundamentally wrong and strict new rules should be drafted up at the earliest convenience to prevent this from ever happening again and also no Trust Board member should run an Internet forum where their personal opinion could be influencing, no matter how big or small, a sizeable majority of fans.

Having said all that If certain individuals who stand to make a fortune are hell bent on seeng out a deal for themselves we need to cross this particular bridge and deal with all the likely possibilities that could then entail. On that note and I am no expert in high finance, not at all, but Shaky has mentioned on more than one occasion he believes there is a unique potential the Trust could cement its position in the ownership of the club and actually gain some real influence.

If I have this right maybe the current Trust Board members have decided against this strategy due to perhaps wanting to continue close and personable working links with the clubs directors?

He has suggested a few negotiation pointers to help the Trust demand the right protection. If this deal is almost on the table or at least advancing is it time the Trust board members decide to look into these negotiation pointers even if it sends the message out that the Trust mean business and potentially ruffles a few feathers.

Again, having Trust Board members linked to the club in terms of their own business interests and I think we have dug ourselves into a bit of a hole with that.

The club maybe commercially run like it's still in League 2 but the Trust needs to step up, in earnest, like it's now in the Premier League.

Did the Trust listen to Shaky?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 22:31 - Dec 23 with 1149 viewsTheResurrection

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 22:38 - Dec 16 by londonlisa2001

The problem with what you say Chis is two fold.

(a) You haven't got a clue what 'circles' anyone on here moves in
(b) Shaky is frequently incorrect and/or simplistic in his arguments which is actually harming the debate.

But fine - if that's what you want to believe then you go ahead.

I can't be bothered any longer. Thankfully the people involved do know what they're talking about which is the important bit to be honest. Plus they care.

Oh I do Lisa. I know exactly what circles you and your Dad move in, plus a lot of the main players involved in this at the time.

I also know that your apologetic, one dimensional blind faith in your own skills plus the unerring confidence you had in Jenkins and Co to do the right thing went facking tits up!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 22:43 - Dec 23 with 1126 viewsTheResurrection

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 22:48 - Dec 16 by monmouth

That's me done too I think. You pays your money and takes your choice Chris but Lisa is absolutely right. Shaky's financial 'knowledge' is laughable. I'm saying no more but honestly, if the guy were really a corporate adviser (and I've employed a few in my time), and what he's said on here over many threads is representative of his real knowledge, that would be truly scary for any company that was dull enough to employ him. I'm not getting into a slanging match though, so I'm going to throw that particular stone and run away, before he calls me 'sonny' again :) . As I say, anyone is entitled to believe whoever's story they want. It is the internet after all.

this is when relations soured between me and you Monmouth

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 22:50 - Dec 23 with 1099 viewsTheResurrection

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 23:05 - Dec 16 by londonlisa2001

no Chris - he genuinely does not know what he is talking about on a wide range of financial matters.

His manner just makes it impossible to have a sensible conversation about it. For example - he has been quite wrong on the subject of various forms of debt in the past day or so. The substance is just wrong. His manner, however, means that when his inaccuracies are pointed out to him, he refuses to accept it and resorts to insults and attempts to bully people.

And Chris - this is important stuff. It's really important that people understand that if the Americans saddle the club with £20m debt from them (which is obviously an unknown - we were all simply having a conversation about it) it is debt in the same way as it would be if it was from HSBC. If we got relegated and it goes tits up, we would owe that money and they could take us under - sell the stadium, sell the players, whatever was secured against the debt to get that money back.

sell the stadium?

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 22:52 - Dec 23 with 1095 viewsTheResurrection

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 23:20 - Dec 16 by jackonicko

No one was suggesting he put them on here, but privately to the trust. He blustered about how high his rates are.

Phil, Huw, Jim and others know me and what I do.

Half have been sacked?

(No subject) on 09:40 - Dec 25 with 965 viewsBrynmill_Jack

(No subject) on 13:14 - Dec 16 by shandyjack

didn't see the banner till it was posted on twitter. I have made my feelings perfectly clear,
if people want these new players they so desperately crave (two new full backs etc) ,want to expand the stadium and also keep up our off field growth then this money doesn't grow on trees. Outside investment is a must if we are to push on as a club. If we want to stagnate and stay as we are (which i'd be more than happy with) then we don't get investment.

There are a lot of people inside the club who have more knowledge than anyone on here on the workings and turn over inide the club and will do what they feel is a must to push on. All the doom stories help no one.

Remember we are talking investment not a takeover
[Post edited 16 Dec 2014 13:20]

Re your last sentence - I've got a bad feeling that January will confirm the opposite. I hope not but I haven't seen anything up to this point to suggest otherwise from the American owners.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

(No subject) on 21:25 - Dec 25 with 813 viewsShaky

Classic thread -- great bump :D

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024