Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tranmere away in the cup 22:00 - Dec 16 with 7332 viewsChief

doesn't leave much time to arrange this trip!

trains looking at least £60 a pop changing at LLS.

Anyone know of a cheaper / faster route? change at chester or something?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Tranmere away in the cup on 13:04 - Dec 17 with 1822 viewsperchrockjack

well say fook all..
Looks like I ll be going with Smoulder ,bless him, only to act as security if some posters want to have a pop at me.
I ll have me lad with me as well and Im pretty sure some of the local bobbies might be looking to say hello..

THIS is true. At the infamous Anfield game -in 82- we lost_ I got a bit annoyed and was pretty angry in fact and several coppers were making their way towards me to have a word or to lock me up. There was a heated exchange which followed on when I went back to work as it was my watch that was overseeing the part of the ground I was in.

HAVE TO LAUGH NOW, over 30 yrs ago and Im still standing side by side with plebs in dirty trainers

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tranmere away in the cup on 15:53 - Dec 17 with 1731 viewsWxmJax

FAO CHIEF

Cheapest price I can find is for a train leaving Cardiff at 9.21 getting in to Chester at 12.19 that's only £18 at the moment , then get a Swansea/ Cardiff train as a separate ticket. Return Chester to Swansea is showing £21 on several trains. There are also 2 Swansea /Chester trains leaving before 7am at £31 and £32 respectively one way.

I used thetrainline.com and entered the starting points as both Swansea and Cardiff as there are considerable differences in prices, even for the same train journey, depending on where you depart from and the train options vary as well.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 15:55]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Tranmere away in the cup on 19:11 - Dec 17 with 1660 viewsChief

Tranmere away in the cup on 15:53 - Dec 17 by WxmJax

FAO CHIEF

Cheapest price I can find is for a train leaving Cardiff at 9.21 getting in to Chester at 12.19 that's only £18 at the moment , then get a Swansea/ Cardiff train as a separate ticket. Return Chester to Swansea is showing £21 on several trains. There are also 2 Swansea /Chester trains leaving before 7am at £31 and £32 respectively one way.

I used thetrainline.com and entered the starting points as both Swansea and Cardiff as there are considerable differences in prices, even for the same train journey, depending on where you depart from and the train options vary as well.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 15:55]

Thanks for the help WXMjack.

just stipulated the train to travel via Chester to Rock Ferry, looking at £39 from Llanelli (with railcard). Which I can live with.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Tranmere away in the cup on 19:23 - Dec 17 with 1646 viewsOldjack

Tranmere away in the cup on 22:58 - Dec 16 by Penbedw

listen mate I live 4 streets from prenton park.nothing wrong with the area or the locals.decent boozers and proper fans who stick with their team when surrounded by plastic scousers reds and blues.

Well said ,We need to take this game seriously ,a good chance of treasured silverware in the offering

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Tranmere away in the cup on 19:55 - Dec 17 with 1623 viewsDDCH

Don't know if this is any good for a travelling Jack, but I had an email in my box earlier from Premier Inn saying they are just about to open one in Birkenhead. They often have opening offers too

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Tranmere away in the cup on 20:09 - Dec 17 with 1610 viewsperchrockjack

Try premier inn new Brighton. On sea front, loads restaurants bars and some night clubs there.it rocks at weekends. Train from rock ferry, but rock ferry is rough

Tranmere away in the cup on 20:17 - Dec 17 with 1598 viewsDewi1jack

Tranmere away in the cup on 19:11 - Dec 17 by Chief

Thanks for the help WXMjack.

just stipulated the train to travel via Chester to Rock Ferry, looking at £39 from Llanelli (with railcard). Which I can live with.

Try using a "split the journey" website.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/split-cheap-train-tickets/

Used one up to Stoke and saved another £7 or £8 without getting off the train I was on. Sorry, can't remember which one I used
The train just has to go through/ stop at the stations where the one ticket finishes and the next one starts.
Hope this saves you the price of a pie or more

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Tranmere away in the cup on 20:26 - Dec 17 with 1591 viewsScoobyWho

Tranmere away in the cup on 22:58 - Dec 16 by Penbedw

listen mate I live 4 streets from prenton park.nothing wrong with the area or the locals.decent boozers and proper fans who stick with their team when surrounded by plastic scousers reds and blues.

Are you a jack ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Tranmere away in the cup on 20:34 - Dec 17 with 1579 viewsRancid

Would have preferred Oxford but there's always a weekend in Liverpool or Blackpool to be had.
Tranmere away in the cup on 20:46 - Dec 17 with 1563 viewshammy

Quite disappointed with this. Home games are a 300 mile round trip and already going to the red scouser game on the 29th. The least that could have happened is for the Swans to have had a tie against a club 15 miles from home !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Tranmere away in the cup on 20:56 - Dec 17 with 1550 viewsDDCH

Tranmere away in the cup on 20:09 - Dec 17 by perchrockjack

Try premier inn new Brighton. On sea front, loads restaurants bars and some night clubs there.it rocks at weekends. Train from rock ferry, but rock ferry is rough

My mate lives in rock ferry, never thought it was too terrible. Got some comments walking back to his place after Robbo scored up there and we beat them (guessing 2007) had a cracking kebab then went out for beers. Ended up in a hole of a bar/club called horn blowers where a big bird was dancing away in what looked like a hessian sack dress

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Tranmere away in the cup on 21:31 - Dec 17 with 1517 viewsPenbedw

Tranmere away in the cup on 20:26 - Dec 17 by ScoobyWho

Are you a jack ?

yep, lots of jacks up here
Tranmere away in the cup on 21:38 - Dec 17 with 1511 viewsOldjack

Swansea City's FA Cup third-round tie at Tranmere Rovers has been confirmed for Saturday, January 3 (3pm).
The Swans head to Prenton Park after Tranmere beat fellow League Two side Oxford United 2-1 on Tuesday night.
It is the first time the sides will meet since the Swans emerged 3-1 victors at the same venue in the League Cup in August 2010 thanks to goals from Cedric van der Gun, Scott Sinclair and Shefki Kuqi.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Tranmere away in the cup on 21:46 - Dec 17 with 1497 viewsRancid

Wasn't our first league game at the Lib against Tranmere when Jackett was in charge.I remember Jason Macateer playing or coaching them.
Tranmere away in the cup on 21:58 - Dec 17 with 1483 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Tranmere away in the cup on 21:46 - Dec 17 by Rancid

Wasn't our first league game at the Lib against Tranmere when Jackett was in charge.I remember Jason Macateer playing or coaching them.

Indeed it was

Old mcateer missed a penalty also

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Tranmere away in the cup on 01:31 - Dec 18 with 1322 viewsScoobyWho

Tranmere away in the cup on 21:31 - Dec 17 by Penbedw

yep, lots of jacks up here

Brilliant, as your four streets away can we park our mini bus on your driveway

The last time we were up your way ( We won 3-1 in the league cup I think ? ) we had a little dance with the locals after and ended up with a cracked windscreen .

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Tranmere away in the cup on 10:38 - Dec 18 with 1262 viewsMillie

Didn't we take 3,500 last time we played in the FA Cup, was it round 5 or to get into round 5?
Tranmere away in the cup on 10:39 - Dec 18 with 1259 viewsperchrockjack

twas a good turnout aye

Tranmere away in the cup on 10:49 - Dec 18 with 1249 viewsMillie

Tranmere away in the cup on 10:39 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

twas a good turnout aye

T'was, had a few on a mini bus coming through picturesque mid-Wales. Walked miles for a pint on arrival when doormen wouldn't let us in the pub with the locals, we got back only to find that the pub nearest was serving Swansea fans. good memories
Tranmere away in the cup on 10:53 - Dec 18 with 1243 viewsperchrockjack

might have been the Sportsman at the top of the hill. It wold have been of the locals not you as some can be tricky and are easily provoked. Birkenhead is still at heart a tough town.

The Clipper next to the ground is fine although packed ,as is the Prenton Park Hotel.

The Swan is on the way and you could get a cab to the ground..

The Halfway House can also be ropey

Tranmere away in the cup on 12:40 - Dec 18 with 1211 viewsPegojack

Tranmere away in the cup on 10:53 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

might have been the Sportsman at the top of the hill. It wold have been of the locals not you as some can be tricky and are easily provoked. Birkenhead is still at heart a tough town.

The Clipper next to the ground is fine although packed ,as is the Prenton Park Hotel.

The Swan is on the way and you could get a cab to the ground..

The Halfway House can also be ropey

Hey Perchie, the Swan looks a good option for pre match food and beers, but is it likely to have any restrictions on away fans, or not be doing food on a matchday, or anything else silly like that? Cheers
Tranmere away in the cup on 13:07 - Dec 18 with 1186 viewsperchrockjack

I ll enquire

Tranmere away in the cup on 13:07 - Dec 18 with 1187 viewsDevz00

Tranmere away in the cup on 21:46 - Dec 17 by Rancid

Yeah Mcateer was playing. I remember thinking we had hit the big time when we played them and thought that the result was a big one! We won 1-0 and I think Trunds missed a pen too. Bayo scored.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Tranmere away in the cup on 13:15 - Dec 18 with 1177 viewsperchrockjack

MANAGER is GARY... Massive Sunderand fan but he s tidy..
No problem at all with food or away fans..

maybe let me know now many expected to pop in.

THANKS

Tranmere away in the cup on 13:18 - Dec 18 with 1173 viewsperchrockjack

SORRY..
Manager is NEWCASTLE but catered for Sunderland fans once, so he must be patient man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024