Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? 00:02 - Dec 17 with 5276 viewsBobJack

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 08:28 - Dec 18 with 1344 viewsDJack

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 17:02 - Dec 17 by _

I couldn't do any worse than Phil Sumbler or Huw Cooze could I!?

How do you substantiate that? Can you?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 10:29 - Dec 18 with 1294 viewsPhil_S

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 22:13 - Dec 17 by _

So are you number 3?

The Trust needs a proper shake up, it's as stale as Darran Tosser's Johnny...

Same old faces every year sharing the same co-opted fifteen votes between them...

The only people with any zest to get involved are the ones who are in it for themselves....

Laughable

But that is nothing more than I would expect from you.
Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 10:30 - Dec 18 with 1293 viewstupenses

To be honest I would like to know a person well and understand exactly what he actually initiates and achieves before judging him as my representative (who I would wish to have an absolutely ruthless streak and total focus to protect our club and it’s supporters at all costs). What actually do we see as Trust members? What official feedback do we get on issues that are important to us. How are we able to formally as a group challenge the establishment of the Trust on issues we are unhappy with and demand action. How were the flashing advertising hoardings allowed in the first place for example without proper consultation especially of those most affected?

What about the disappeared. On here obviously not a representative vote when it is made clear that posters will be banned at Phil’s personal whim and not according to the rules. How many more have had their posts and threads deleted and their access continually revoked without fair reason. When we deal with someone who will protect a friend who regularly breaks the site rules by censorship of a Trust member who breaks no rules, what does that tell us about the fairness of that person to put the fair rights of the members above personal or cosy working relationships? Is sneering at and supressing the views of others who fairly and reasonably question his opinion or actions the best quality in a representative?

It would take absolute ruthless action to stop the current Board becoming multimillionaires. This would not be an act of amiable friendship. However if that is what it takes to stop the buyers taking that money out of our club’s hide (to cover what they paid to make the current Board into multimillionaires) then this should be done in a heartbeat. Friends, family and “other dependents” of the Board are no more objective in this than the Board themselves. They are of course entitled to sell their shares but it is the ABSOLUTE DUTY of the Trust to protect the Club in the interests of it’s members and club supporters. This does not include gifting multi millions to the current Board by quietly acquiescing. If the shares are not worth that money without the Trust — then they are not worth that money.

It is the strong opposition of the Trust and supporters that can stop this spiral of madness. It is ok to make a statement that change is not needed so long as that is an absolute commitment rather than some ploy to get slightly more recognition for the Trust in what may be seen as inevitable.

I certainly find quite a body of disingenuous behaviour from Phil. Going on here about what decisions have been made. THAT IS THE PROBLEM WE HAVE NO IDEA. But let’s be sure of this, in such an exercise by actions and words or even failing to speak decisions are being made every day that inexorably lead us to the precipice. So to taunt T2C suggesting he is saying the final decision to go ahead has already been made is just theatrics that twist his very valid point. In the same way as you have taunted me about saying I go to most games. Yet I have made it clear in the past all fans are equal. Strange when Darran again and again and again and again accuses me of not being a supporter (such I feel the need to defend myself from such scurrilous lies) you are silent. Such mocking unfairness speaks to me of someone who is not representing the members except in so much as it represents his own point of view and interests. I have seen you use it repeatedly on other posters who question you. Neither is it honest to immediately delete individual posts that factually respond to your taunts and ask hard questions about the conflict of interests between your role as our representative on the trust and your unfair treatment of users of this site based on personal preference; or talk about the political use of this website.

If we are bound by a non-disclosure agreement, did we agree to it in the first place and if so why. Surely such agreements are the territory of moving things on under the cloak of secrecy. It is the womb in which such deals grow in the supportive environment dominated by those that want it to survive; until it is presented in full strength with a united and indefatigable body of support for the obligatory rubber stamping exercise.

T2C if you really want to stand I can offer you my nomination as Ux says democracy is important and I believe it should not be supressed or belittled. I can also speak to others if you are still short of nominations.
Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 10:38 - Dec 18 with 1283 viewsperchrockjack

quite frankly, that is the biggest load of horseshite posted on here for many years, because it simply skates over the reason why second coming is so reviled on here.

You do not defame people as he does/has and expect him to have some credence except within his own chums..
We have a body of people doing their level best to ru our club and yet we have some chucking internet stones at them as they do it.

Belittling? you serious? If so ,its had no effect..

Women are being insulted for being women., disabled too seen as fair game to insult as well as those who ve moved away to earn a living, yet this is the sort of guy we (you) want to have a say in our club .
If Phil walks away, second coming will not replace him, but he will bitch from behind the keyboard

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:00 - Dec 18 with 1259 viewssixpenses

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 10:38 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

quite frankly, that is the biggest load of horseshite posted on here for many years, because it simply skates over the reason why second coming is so reviled on here.

You do not defame people as he does/has and expect him to have some credence except within his own chums..
We have a body of people doing their level best to ru our club and yet we have some chucking internet stones at them as they do it.

Belittling? you serious? If so ,its had no effect..

Women are being insulted for being women., disabled too seen as fair game to insult as well as those who ve moved away to earn a living, yet this is the sort of guy we (you) want to have a say in our club .
If Phil walks away, second coming will not replace him, but he will bitch from behind the keyboard

Sorry PRJ I responded but my account and thus my response were deleted

I am merely offering to nominate PRJ as is Ux. Democracy will decide, unless you do not believe in democracy.

You talk of abuse yet you yourself have repeatedly raised the same points as me in the past. Some of the worst abuse has taken place in Phil’s full knowledge and against the rules he asks us to help keep. But he ignores any reports of abuse despite asking for them and having responsibilities as site owner.

If you make the same points as me how can you call them horseshit.
Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:12 - Dec 18 with 1252 viewsperchrockjack

Because its the comments Im referring to ,not you. Big difference.

Second coming targets and specifically starts to instigate insults and abuse when his views are challenged. Even a cursory perusal of his posts are self evidently pure personal filth. I respond, I shouldn't but it has to be done as we have lost and are losing people ,Swansea fans , because of this.

He was banned for abuse, warned and then on coming back immediately went into full flow against davillon who then bailed out..

The posting rules are at the top of the BOARD. Abuse/insults/defamation are seen as signs of a healthy board, apparently. There was an oblique reference to this vis a vis the London Trust meeting.

We are NOT in trouble, decisions have to made to progress the club forward and the question is who does it- the people in situ or interent champs. The people in charge now have a good track record and Im fecked as to how they can get the poison they are getting . Its personal, vindictive ,malevolent stuff and its dangerous ..

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:15 - Dec 18 with 1246 viewsUxbridge

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:00 - Dec 18 by sixpenses

Sorry PRJ I responded but my account and thus my response were deleted

I am merely offering to nominate PRJ as is Ux. Democracy will decide, unless you do not believe in democracy.

You talk of abuse yet you yourself have repeatedly raised the same points as me in the past. Some of the worst abuse has taken place in Phil’s full knowledge and against the rules he asks us to help keep. But he ignores any reports of abuse despite asking for them and having responsibilities as site owner.

If you make the same points as me how can you call them horseshit.

I have no problem nominating anyone. The Trust is a democracy. Problem with any democracy though is that if the same parties stand then one of them's going to get elected.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:20 - Dec 18 with 1236 viewsperchrockjack

Im not always a fan of democracy as its often overated.

I d rather people in charge of anything who are efficient ,committed and most importantly, know what they re doing.

Be careful what you wish for as it may come up and surprise you

Login to get fewer ads

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:25 - Dec 18 with 1229 viewssixpenses

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:12 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

Because its the comments Im referring to ,not you. Big difference.

Second coming targets and specifically starts to instigate insults and abuse when his views are challenged. Even a cursory perusal of his posts are self evidently pure personal filth. I respond, I shouldn't but it has to be done as we have lost and are losing people ,Swansea fans , because of this.

He was banned for abuse, warned and then on coming back immediately went into full flow against davillon who then bailed out..

The posting rules are at the top of the BOARD. Abuse/insults/defamation are seen as signs of a healthy board, apparently. There was an oblique reference to this vis a vis the London Trust meeting.

We are NOT in trouble, decisions have to made to progress the club forward and the question is who does it- the people in situ or interent champs. The people in charge now have a good track record and Im fecked as to how they can get the poison they are getting . Its personal, vindictive ,malevolent stuff and its dangerous ..

Still don't get it, not accusing you of being personal at all but how can you call my comments horseshit when they are the same points you make. Of course you could be saying you knowingly talk what you consider horseshit yourself in which case fair enough.

How can you castigate T2C whilst not Darran whose bullying abuse is legend. Should Phil not take action or at least repond to abuse reports especially given his thread at the top.

You have made the exact same point yourself repeatedly. But you do seem to hound T2C when he makes comments (and you also know I have strongly supported you in the past against abuse). You also repeatedly say some pretty damning things and gross generalisations about the rest of us that dare to ask questions.
Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:30 - Dec 18 with 1223 viewssixpenses

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:20 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

Im not always a fan of democracy as its often overated.

I d rather people in charge of anything who are efficient ,committed and most importantly, know what they re doing.

Be careful what you wish for as it may come up and surprise you

Ah totalitarian rule

Democracy is far from ideal but the alternatives are unthinkable

Do you think censorship is an effective tool for our dictators to control any dissenting voice against their absolute power - however it may be calling for fairness and justice.
Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:32 - Dec 18 with 1214 viewsperchrockjack

I do not hound second coming. Add that to the horseshit file.

Its called challenging inappropriate behaviour . Its fair to say that over the years Ive had persistent ,vile ,vindictive bile directed my from him so its a natural defence mechanism.

We ve exchanged PMs and things looked better until my comments ona subject met with disapproval so hence my distain.

Your comments are horseshite because you appear tobe giving succour to those who are undermining the fantastic job our Board have done.

Regarding DARREN

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:36 - Dec 18 with 1197 viewsperchrockjack

Its called challenging inappropriate behaviour . Its fair to say that over the years Ive had persistent ,vile ,vindictive bile directed my from him so its a natural defence mechanism.

We ve exchanged PMs and things looked better until my comments ona subject met with disapproval so hence my distain.

Your comments are horseshite because you appear tobe giving succour to those who are undermining the fantastic job our Board have done.

Regarding DARREN ,whom you ve brought into this; Ive had quite a fall out with him too -in the recenty past-over comments made but we were able to sort it out in person and we ve agreed to move on after them . Come to think of it, I ve had fallouts with many on here,LISA included, but apart from one or two posters I find little bitterness in them.

Majority on here are fine people. HAVE TO CLOSE BY SAYING YOU RE MAKING YOUR VIEWS WELL but I don't accept their content. You appear to have come in with a new username whoever you are.

Anyway, that's me done

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:43 - Dec 18 with 1184 viewssixpenses

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:32 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

Regarding DARREN

I agree there are no words to express the latter
Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:44 - Dec 18 with 1182 viewsCatullus

I didn't vote yes, I voted lay off which is better than yes to me. I don't doubt T2C's passion for Swansea, I do think he gets carried away though. He needs to keep his heart in check and use his head more often.
And I quite often agree with the gist of his posts, if not the way he says things.

But I believe we can trust Phil Sumbler when it comes to the Swans.

More than that, I would be prepared to stand for the trust but as I generally prefer to stay anonymous, no one can know enough about me to nominate me.
For myself, I'm not sure that I am bright enough, informed enough or energetic enough to do the role to the standard it warrants.
I believe that PS is though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:56 - Dec 18 with 1170 viewssixpenses

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:44 - Dec 18 by Catullus

I didn't vote yes, I voted lay off which is better than yes to me. I don't doubt T2C's passion for Swansea, I do think he gets carried away though. He needs to keep his heart in check and use his head more often.
And I quite often agree with the gist of his posts, if not the way he says things.

But I believe we can trust Phil Sumbler when it comes to the Swans.

More than that, I would be prepared to stand for the trust but as I generally prefer to stay anonymous, no one can know enough about me to nominate me.
For myself, I'm not sure that I am bright enough, informed enough or energetic enough to do the role to the standard it warrants.
I believe that PS is though.

I agree with much of that

Re the Trust Heart, Honesty and Commitment to the cause are what is needed the rest comes with experience. Of course a sense of perspective and not taking yourself too seriously is a major asset when challanged as you must expect to be.

I have never questioned all the hard work that Phil has put in on our behalf but some situations require the absolute clarity beyond the slightly cosy relationship of the past (and I am not being sarcastic there or accusing anyone of anything untoward). I do question the ill advised lack of objectivity and the put downs and unfair behaviour he exercises on this site in his treatment of members. It does not translate well to fair representation.
Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 12:00 - Dec 18 with 1160 viewsCatullus

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 11:56 - Dec 18 by sixpenses

I agree with much of that

Re the Trust Heart, Honesty and Commitment to the cause are what is needed the rest comes with experience. Of course a sense of perspective and not taking yourself too seriously is a major asset when challanged as you must expect to be.

I have never questioned all the hard work that Phil has put in on our behalf but some situations require the absolute clarity beyond the slightly cosy relationship of the past (and I am not being sarcastic there or accusing anyone of anything untoward). I do question the ill advised lack of objectivity and the put downs and unfair behaviour he exercises on this site in his treatment of members. It does not translate well to fair representation.

You agree with much of that, especially the part about me not being bright enough or informed enough eh!!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 12:21 - Dec 18 with 1141 viewsperchrockjack

"cosy relationship " is of course the opposite of what we used to have when we had directors that were either shyters ,indifferent or incompetent.
My point is simply- and I speak as a full on cynical tw@t, that "we "are creating a possibly damaging situation by casting doubts on the integrity of people who were prepared to actually do something for our club directly unlike me and thousands of others..

Frankly, this stuff makes me weep

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 12:48 - Dec 18 with 1118 viewsCatullus

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 12:21 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

"cosy relationship " is of course the opposite of what we used to have when we had directors that were either shyters ,indifferent or incompetent.
My point is simply- and I speak as a full on cynical tw@t, that "we "are creating a possibly damaging situation by casting doubts on the integrity of people who were prepared to actually do something for our club directly unlike me and thousands of others..

It's only a few of us though Perch. Most of us know enough not to judge too harshly.

Hell, even if the current board sell out to the American millionaires, I won't judge them too harshly, no matter what.
Money has the ability to ruin anything, be it good or not. The more money involved, the bigger the fall.

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 13:08 - Dec 18 with 1103 viewsperchrockjack

fairy snuff CAT

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 13:13 - Dec 18 with 1088 viewssixpenses

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 12:00 - Dec 18 by Catullus

You agree with much of that, especially the part about me not being bright enough or informed enough eh!!

No no no as I am sure you well know - quite the reverse

The 2nd paragraph was re the Trust and hopefully in my own cack handed and probably patronising way (though not so intended) encouraging you to take part (because the more of us that do the better).

To those that feel slightly inadequate or lacking to do a job (as you seemed to suggest of yourself) I would say good most normal people feel that way when taking on a significant challange and it is a good sign.

If I am able to nominate more than 1 I would happily nominate you too if you did think of standing. I have disagreed with you in the past, nothing wrong in that people always have different opinions and often truth in both. But I generally find you a thoughtful person who will question themselves and bring balance which I think a great attribute. The strength of the team is what matters, if it were full of bombastic egos of the sort that people often think effective then it would be nowhere near as successful as with a spread of strengths and temprements.

There now I have given a serious answer to you teasing me, shows my inadequacy.
Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 13:20 - Dec 18 with 1081 viewssixpenses

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 12:21 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

Weep not fair maiden for love conquers all

Save your effects for tears of joy when we beat the pool at theirs - I can feel it in my water.

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 13:42 - Dec 18 with 1063 viewsperchrockjack

That is a class post, six. Fair play

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 15:24 - Dec 18 with 1025 viewsskippyjack

Don't start a political war now.. the last thing we want is a democracy.. because they rarely end well.. us fans must unite and be one.. we've got one voice.. put your personal feelings to one side and let's work together for the benefit of the club.. our trust leaders must be honest with its members.. and the members must respect the leaders views.. splitting the fan base is the last thing we want.. we've been fortunate looking at the Cardiff fiasco.. it doesn't end well.. This poll is just the tip of the iceberg..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 02:49 - Dec 19 with 949 viewsCatullus

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 13:13 - Dec 18 by sixpenses

No no no as I am sure you well know - quite the reverse

The 2nd paragraph was re the Trust and hopefully in my own cack handed and probably patronising way (though not so intended) encouraging you to take part (because the more of us that do the better).

To those that feel slightly inadequate or lacking to do a job (as you seemed to suggest of yourself) I would say good most normal people feel that way when taking on a significant challange and it is a good sign.

If I am able to nominate more than 1 I would happily nominate you too if you did think of standing. I have disagreed with you in the past, nothing wrong in that people always have different opinions and often truth in both. But I generally find you a thoughtful person who will question themselves and bring balance which I think a great attribute. The strength of the team is what matters, if it were full of bombastic egos of the sort that people often think effective then it would be nowhere near as successful as with a spread of strengths and temprements.

There now I have given a serious answer to you teasing me, shows my inadequacy.

Well thank you. But my current apathy towards football and my personal curcumstances would mean I literally couldn't spare the time.
I think the point I was trying to make was, we want the best people possible on the trust board. And that being very willing isn't in itself a good enough reason to be voted for.
I'm a school governor, it's challenging and rewarding in equal measure. I'm sure the trust is also. But my experiences at the school have taught me a few things. And the problems encountered in school would be greatly multiplied at the trust. I honestly don't have the energy or enthusiasm for that kind of fight.

But I believe Mr Sumbler does. My post wasn't meant to push myself forward so much, it was really meant to show my support for Phil and also give examples of why not everybody could do it!!
Hopefully I have cleared that up, now to sleep. I have to be up early.....and it's late.

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 20:04 - Dec 19 with 852 viewsPhil_S

Is Phil Sumbler the right man to lead the Trust ? on 15:28 - Dec 17 by Sweyns_Eye

Indeed. A pointless poll at the end of the day. The correct way for anyone to find or endorse the 'right man' to lead the Trust is through the democracy of the Trust itself. Unfortunately not everyone is prepared to make themselves known and simply prefer to snipe on message boards.

Did I win?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024