Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Merry f**king Christmas 12:13 - Dec 17 with 2996 viewsMrSwerve

Here's a little rant. Is it just me that is totally fed up with the way the World is going at the moment?

People having to post every single thing they do on social media. Hashtags for every single thing that happens in the World. Surely these young people have better things to do? (Bare in mind I am 'only' 27 myself!) #illridewithyou #prayforsomeone # # # # #....

People taking photos of every single meal they eat. Don't get me wrong, I've taken some pics of gorgeous meals I've had out in stunning locations, but I saw someone on Facebook the other day upload a picture of the beans on toast that they made for tea. Beans on f**king toast! Also accompanied by the generic comment of something along the lines of 'not such a bad cook after all!'. Dear me.

Comments people make to each other online. Bound to happen when people have access to a public forum whilst they are anonymous. I regularly see people telling other people that they disagree with to 'die' and 'get cancer'...f**k me...and most of the time they admit that they are 12 years old. I personally would never have said that to someone as a youngster. Take a look on Youtube for 5 mins in the comments sections and you will be startled.

Young people thinking that the biggest debate around at the moment is whether the PS4 is better than the Xbox One or not...seriously it's as if it's the most important thing in the f**king World right now.

Role models. Apparently its better to be able to shake your ass into a camera or prank people in public than to actually better your education and better society. This also goes for footballers, that people all drool over. 'Ronaldo did a step over! Jesus! #ronaldoFTW #legend #CR7 #bollox' Seems it is more important to look up to these people than anyone else, for young males.

The way kids treat teachers these days is also something that needs to be looked at.

Phones. Everyone is on one constantly. Go to a restaurant, see the tragic sight of a table of teens all reading their Twitter feeds, 'checking in', uploading the pictures of their Nandos and updating their statuses. Not a word between them.

Young peoples' spelling. They can spell 'twerk' but can't spell oesophagus, which is where they can shove their One Direction albums down. Talking of music, anything that was produced this year by One Direction, Nicki Minaj and the like, is better than anything the Beatles, Stones, Led Zep etc ever produced. Apparently.

Is it getting worse or has it always been the same, the difference being that people these days have access to the internet? I genuinely worry about the future of the World with the way these half-wits are 'maturing'.

There's my rant. Bah f**king humbug.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 17:39]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Merry f**king Christmas on 17:57 - Dec 18 with 515 viewsjacksinceever

Merry f**king Christmas on 17:54 - Dec 17 by monmouth

Not to mention that horrendous word "gotten"

Damn it

Hate "early doors" - what does it even mean?
Merry f**king Christmas on 18:02 - Dec 18 with 512 viewsjacksinceever

Merry f**king Christmas on 18:53 - Dec 17 by dickythorpe

I am not on Facebook, never have been but what staggers me is that people who have you as mates on it don't even say hello to each other!!!

The dimwits i work with who are on it are always slating someone who is on their Facebook friend not acknowledging them but later on type away to them. WEIRD!!!

Twitter was something i went onto for about 4 days.....where the feck do people get the time to read everything!!!!!
It did my swede in.

It amazes me on Facebook the amount of people who show as having 4000 "friends". That's like 12 for every day of the year. Crazy
Merry f**king Christmas on 02:01 - Dec 19 with 467 viewsCatullus

I'm not the greatest at grammar, my spelling is a bit hit and miss. But what I see everyday, online, makes me look a genius in comparison.
We know people who post the minutiae of every day on facebook. There's an update every 20 minutes, who really cares. A certain person claims she cannot work because of illness but walks everywhere (literally miles as she can't drive) with no problem, claims to be broke but smokes, drinks and has the latest smartphone and ipad. And she is one of several we know of similar ways.
I have only given superficial information, but trust me, she is one of those with a sense of entitlement.
Social media is a scourge on society and I use it sparingly. But only facebook, and I'm only "friends" with those I actually know!

Put simply, mrswerve, I agree entirely.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Merry f**king Christmas on 07:56 - Dec 19 with 454 viewsepaul

It's great isn't it the older we get the more miserable we get and we love it! tend to agree with most

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024