Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Merry f**king Christmas 12:13 - Dec 17 with 2995 viewsMrSwerve

Here's a little rant. Is it just me that is totally fed up with the way the World is going at the moment?

People having to post every single thing they do on social media. Hashtags for every single thing that happens in the World. Surely these young people have better things to do? (Bare in mind I am 'only' 27 myself!) #illridewithyou #prayforsomeone # # # # #....

People taking photos of every single meal they eat. Don't get me wrong, I've taken some pics of gorgeous meals I've had out in stunning locations, but I saw someone on Facebook the other day upload a picture of the beans on toast that they made for tea. Beans on f**king toast! Also accompanied by the generic comment of something along the lines of 'not such a bad cook after all!'. Dear me.

Comments people make to each other online. Bound to happen when people have access to a public forum whilst they are anonymous. I regularly see people telling other people that they disagree with to 'die' and 'get cancer'...f**k me...and most of the time they admit that they are 12 years old. I personally would never have said that to someone as a youngster. Take a look on Youtube for 5 mins in the comments sections and you will be startled.

Young people thinking that the biggest debate around at the moment is whether the PS4 is better than the Xbox One or not...seriously it's as if it's the most important thing in the f**king World right now.

Role models. Apparently its better to be able to shake your ass into a camera or prank people in public than to actually better your education and better society. This also goes for footballers, that people all drool over. 'Ronaldo did a step over! Jesus! #ronaldoFTW #legend #CR7 #bollox' Seems it is more important to look up to these people than anyone else, for young males.

The way kids treat teachers these days is also something that needs to be looked at.

Phones. Everyone is on one constantly. Go to a restaurant, see the tragic sight of a table of teens all reading their Twitter feeds, 'checking in', uploading the pictures of their Nandos and updating their statuses. Not a word between them.

Young peoples' spelling. They can spell 'twerk' but can't spell oesophagus, which is where they can shove their One Direction albums down. Talking of music, anything that was produced this year by One Direction, Nicki Minaj and the like, is better than anything the Beatles, Stones, Led Zep etc ever produced. Apparently.

Is it getting worse or has it always been the same, the difference being that people these days have access to the internet? I genuinely worry about the future of the World with the way these half-wits are 'maturing'.

There's my rant. Bah f**king humbug.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 17:39]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:18 - Dec 17 with 1552 viewsApeShit

I think you may have a underlying issue, possibly stress? You seem very irritable, I just tend to ignore it all.

Merry Xmas :)
Merry f**king Christmas on 12:19 - Dec 17 with 1549 viewsMrSwerve

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:18 - Dec 17 by ApeShit

I think you may have a underlying issue, possibly stress? You seem very irritable, I just tend to ignore it all.

Merry Xmas :)

Possibly mate haha. Merry Xmas.

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:19 - Dec 17 with 1547 viewsAquinas

I'm not sure if its just me, but twerk is a lot easier to spell than oesophagus. It's written how it is spoken to start with.

Agree with the rest of the post.
Merry f**king Christmas on 12:21 - Dec 17 with 1539 viewsApeShit

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:19 - Dec 17 by MrSwerve

Possibly mate haha. Merry Xmas.

I've blocked so many people on Facebook, its the best way
Merry f**king Christmas on 12:22 - Dec 17 with 1534 viewsMrSwerve

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:19 - Dec 17 by Aquinas

I'm not sure if its just me, but twerk is a lot easier to spell than oesophagus. It's written how it is spoken to start with.

Agree with the rest of the post.

Yeah that was an extreme example for spelling...but you know what I mean.

Basic English isn't a priority for people any more. I always wanted to be able to spell any word I heard, and articulate myself well.

Seems these days all you need to be able to say is 'yeh that is well sick blud' and you're fine!

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:23 - Dec 17 with 1530 viewsGreatBritton

I don't think it's absolutely essential to be able to spell oesophagus; neither should one be too pedantic about refraining from ending a sentence with a preposition, which is up to which Mr Swerve should put his hands, but those matters aside, I agree.

People want fame. Selfies/social media give a scintilla of an impression of it. I think you ought to DO something to have a moment or two of fame.

But we're all guilty of showing off aren't we? By posting here, for instance.
Merry f**king Christmas on 12:24 - Dec 17 with 1527 viewsMrSwerve

Oh and according to the Barclays advert that is on at the moment...apparently a 'life skill' for young people now is to realise that you should go to an interview dressed smart rather than in your chinos and Nike trainers. Feck me.

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:26 - Dec 17 with 1521 viewsMrSwerve

Okay don't get too worked up about the Oesophagus thing. It was a bit of an extreme example and I wouldn't expect a young person to spell it (or too many older people for that matter)...I just wanted to use it to link in with where the One Direction albums should be shoved...

Login to get fewer ads

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:27 - Dec 17 with 1520 viewsGreatBritton

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:22 - Dec 17 by MrSwerve

Yeah that was an extreme example for spelling...but you know what I mean.

Basic English isn't a priority for people any more. I always wanted to be able to spell any word I heard, and articulate myself well.

Seems these days all you need to be able to say is 'yeh that is well sick blud' and you're fine!

Exaggeration gets me. I loaned my stepson a pound and he said I was "a legend". If only Aeschylus and Homer had had a few extra quid spare, eh?
Merry f**king Christmas on 12:28 - Dec 17 with 1513 viewsMrSwerve

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:27 - Dec 17 by GreatBritton

Exaggeration gets me. I loaned my stepson a pound and he said I was "a legend". If only Aeschylus and Homer had had a few extra quid spare, eh?

Ah yes exaggeration.

Apparently someone's sleep was EPIC the other day.

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:29 - Dec 17 with 1505 viewsJoe_bradshaw

In 31 years you'll be as old as me.

Imagine how long your list will be by then. If I'd started this thread it would be 20 pages long for the opening post.

Merry Christmas YJB!

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:30 - Dec 17 with 1502 viewsGreatBritton

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:28 - Dec 17 by MrSwerve

Ah yes exaggeration.

Apparently someone's sleep was EPIC the other day.

And dropping a couple of points can be TRAGIC
Merry f**king Christmas on 12:31 - Dec 17 with 1498 viewsMrSwerve

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:29 - Dec 17 by Joe_bradshaw

In 31 years you'll be as old as me.

Imagine how long your list will be by then. If I'd started this thread it would be 20 pages long for the opening post.

Merry Christmas YJB!

I dread to think how long my list will be in 31 years, Joe. I'm turning into Victor Meldrew already...

Merry Christmas!

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:45 - Dec 17 with 1449 viewsGreatBritton

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:31 - Dec 17 by MrSwerve

I dread to think how long my list will be in 31 years, Joe. I'm turning into Victor Meldrew already...

Merry Christmas!

Quick quiz for you: how many of the following do you find perfectly acceptable?

It was hard as
Back in the day
I was like "Woah!"
He turns to me and he says
The winger's gone down too easy for me

A few years ago all of the above, for me. Now, well, more troubling things, I suppose.
Merry f**king Christmas on 12:55 - Dec 17 with 1429 viewsperchrockjack

I wan t to make it clear I taught Mr Swerve all he knows and therefore claim the credit

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Merry f**king Christmas on 13:01 - Dec 17 with 1418 viewsGreatBritton

Merry f**king Christmas on 12:55 - Dec 17 by perchrockjack

I wan t to make it clear I taught Mr Swerve all he knows and therefore claim the credit

You may have taught him how to be a curmudgeonly misanthrope, but I'm fairly confident it was me who taught him how to spell oesophagus. Sounds like me anyway.
Merry f**king Christmas on 13:06 - Dec 17 with 1405 viewsperchrockjack

lol

windpipe..

only 4 days to grammar free day

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Merry f**king Christmas on 13:09 - Dec 17 with 1403 viewsGreatBritton

Merry f**king Christmas on 13:06 - Dec 17 by perchrockjack

lol

windpipe..

only 4 days to grammar free day

I'll have to stay offline on Dec 21. Nerves shot to pieces. Still, have to look on the bright side, some will be happy there's one less pedant lurking
Merry f**king Christmas on 13:17 - Dec 17 with 1381 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

On a plus side ....kids are reading alot more these days , all be it on line .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Merry f**king Christmas on 13:27 - Dec 17 with 1360 viewsJackhero

Love the post MrSwerve. I'm a bit older than your good self but all those thoughts go through my head every day. What I find helps is not spouting off about it....too much. My missus just switches off now when I start.
This is a continuous thing too. When you are 40, a 27 year old will be spouting off about something you mostly don't have any clue about (who is Nicky Minge?).
I see social media for what it really is now, a place where people either show off, rant or rub peoples faces in their smugness. I used to take it too seriously, as I did (do sometimes still) with forums.
A sad story from last weekends game against Spurs. My son who is 7, loved Ben Davies. When I pointed out that 'Ben' was playing for Spurs he said "what....Ben Haenow" I honestly didn't know what to say!

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Merry f**king Christmas on 13:36 - Dec 17 with 1344 viewsMrSwerve

Merry f**king Christmas on 13:27 - Dec 17 by Jackhero

Love the post MrSwerve. I'm a bit older than your good self but all those thoughts go through my head every day. What I find helps is not spouting off about it....too much. My missus just switches off now when I start.
This is a continuous thing too. When you are 40, a 27 year old will be spouting off about something you mostly don't have any clue about (who is Nicky Minge?).
I see social media for what it really is now, a place where people either show off, rant or rub peoples faces in their smugness. I used to take it too seriously, as I did (do sometimes still) with forums.
A sad story from last weekends game against Spurs. My son who is 7, loved Ben Davies. When I pointed out that 'Ben' was playing for Spurs he said "what....Ben Haenow" I honestly didn't know what to say!

Had to Google Ben Haenow...don't get me started on xfactor or reality tv.

Things like TOWIE, Geordie shore etc...it's like a race to the bottom of society with people these days.

You're right about social media! It's just a place to show off and try to feel important.

Merry f**king Christmas on 13:37 - Dec 17 with 1341 viewsdickythorpe

There are massive changes in the workplace nowadays.

The amount of people who keep their head down, cant make eye contact, dont understand jokes or banter, cant even say "good morning" or "hello"even grunt an "allright"

We are breeding dullards im sorry to say.

Those that are going to be privately educated will get on and run the country i fear.
Merry f**king Christmas on 13:38 - Dec 17 with 1340 viewsPegojack

At the ripe old age of 59, I like to think I embrace modern technology and the like when it has some kind of merit or benefit, but I'm afraid social media leaves me cold. I never have endulged , and hopefully never will. My main objections are that (a) it is an enormous waste of time which could be better spent and (b) it is potentially dangerous in many ways.
Merry f**king Christmas on 13:48 - Dec 17 with 1316 viewsGreatBritton

The hegemony of communications technology, eh?

Has anyone stood in a queue for half an hour, finally got to the counter, then watched slack-jawed as the person behind the counter rushes off to answer the telephone? I've tried to master the trilling sound of a telephone as a counter measure but they keep changing the call sounds.
Merry f**king Christmas on 13:50 - Dec 17 with 1315 viewsMrSwerve

Merry f**king Christmas on 13:37 - Dec 17 by dickythorpe

There are massive changes in the workplace nowadays.

The amount of people who keep their head down, cant make eye contact, dont understand jokes or banter, cant even say "good morning" or "hello"even grunt an "allright"

We are breeding dullards im sorry to say.

Those that are going to be privately educated will get on and run the country i fear.

As someone who educates the over 18s age group, I am truely staggered at how introverted MOST people are these days. Not 'some', but MOST. And I don't just mean shy, I mean introverted so much that they can't even talk to you or look at you. It can't help being stuck infront of a computer all day, leading their social life on Facebook, shopping online, etc. People need to get out more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024