Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B 14:50 - Dec 17 with 2236 viewsthomasJack

South Korean star Ki is likely to be named captain for the 2015 Asian Cup which kicks-off in Australia one week into the new year
Swansea City are set to receive a second international blow as boss Garry Monk faces the loss of midfield star Ki Sung-Yueng for the whole of next month.

The Swans already know they will be without top scorer Wilfried Bony who will link up with the Ivory Coast squad for their Africa Cup of Nations from the start of January.

But the club have accepted they will also be without playmaker Ki who is likely to be named South Korea captain for the 2015 Asian Cup which kicks-off in Australia one week into the new year.

Ki has been in impressive form at the Liberty club following his return from loan exile at Sunderland, grabbing his first goals for the side including the opener in their first weekend win against Manchester United at Old Trafford and a decisive strike in this month’s victory over QPR.
The 25-year-old has been an ever-present in Monk’s Premier League midfield and one of the most consistent performers in the team’s rise to the top-half of the table.

But now Ki is likely to miss at least four games as he gets set to skipper South Korea in their bid to win the AFC tournament for the first time since 1960.

Swansea are hopeful the former Celtic ace will be available for the New Year’s Day clash at QPR before he jets off to the southern hemisphere ahead of South Korea’s opener with Oman on January 10. Placed in Group A with hosts Australia and Kuwait as well as Oman, South Korea are favourites to make it to the knock-out stage that runs from January 22, with the final scheduled for January 31.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-receive-s

Poll: Next signing

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 14:55 - Dec 17 with 2218 viewsDyfnant

If this was news to the club, someone would need fooking... at pace

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 14:59 - Dec 17 with 2203 viewsMagic_Michu

With Carroll, Britton, Shelvey and Fulton we should hopefully be ok as long we don't receive any injuries.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 15:14 - Dec 17 with 2162 viewsJohnw102

Big loss IMO has been one of our top players this season.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 15:56 - Dec 17 with 2091 viewsMagicDaps

How is this news now? They qualified months ago.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 16:02 - Dec 17 with 2071 viewsScoobyWho

Yes, this is very sudden news. Fck. Lord help us.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 16:06 - Dec 17 with 2064 viewsSweyns_Eye

Its news to the Western Mail. They're a bit slow. It takes a long time to process all the news and sport stories happening in Cardiff before they can get to the rest of Wales. They probably think the Asian Cup is what Malky said he made Tan's tea in.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 16:10 - Dec 17 with 2046 viewsDafyddHuw

This is old news
Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 16:22 - Dec 17 with 2010 viewsScoobyWho

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 16:06 - Dec 17 by Sweyns_Eye

Its news to the Western Mail. They're a bit slow. It takes a long time to process all the news and sport stories happening in Cardiff before they can get to the rest of Wales. They probably think the Asian Cup is what Malky said he made Tan's tea in.

The are itching for us to tip up in January. I just hope the club have it covered.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 16:28 - Dec 17 with 1991 viewsMillie

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 14:55 - Dec 17 by Dyfnant

If this was news to the club, someone would need fooking... at pace

Absolutely
Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 19:02 - Dec 17 with 1770 viewsMagicDaps

Looking at it, South Korea actually qualified for this four years ago, 18 months before we signed Ki.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 21:40 - Dec 17 with 1632 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 21:45 - Dec 17 with 1608 viewsMrSwan

good news as Shelvey the better player can have game time. Hopefully Ki has a stormer like he did in the world cup and come back and play well.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 15:06 - Dec 18 with 1372 viewsCTB184

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 21:45 - Dec 17 by MrSwan

good news as Shelvey the better player can have game time. Hopefully Ki has a stormer like he did in the world cup and come back and play well.

...Good news that we have one of our best performing players this season unable to play so Shelvey can get game time? Yeah, that's great logic.

Ki didn't have a stormer in the world cup, South Korea were terrible.

Just wondering, are you just thick or just a complete moron? I don't think I've ever read one of your posts without laughing.

Poll: Which two players do currently believe are the best Centre Midfield pairing?

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 15:17 - Dec 18 with 1355 viewsOldjack

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 15:06 - Dec 18 by CTB184

...Good news that we have one of our best performing players this season unable to play so Shelvey can get game time? Yeah, that's great logic.

Just wondering, are you just thick or just a complete moron? I don't think I've ever read one of your posts without laughing.

Ki was undoubtedly their best player during the tournament ,that's maybe why he's become captain ,still, to lose him and our top man is a big blow ,but we'll muddle through as always

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 17:00 - Dec 18 with 1273 viewsLeonisGod

Rumour has it that Scottie may be going to Man City too Can't see it myself as surely he'd struggle to get game time?
Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 07:57 - Dec 19 with 1171 viewsphact0rri

Swansea City receive second major January blow as Ki Sung-Yueng joins Wilfried B on 15:06 - Dec 18 by CTB184

I live in a predominately korean neighbourhood and I recall them setting up at this small park to watch the matches. the doom and gloom seemed to thicken the air every matchday for RoK matches.

honestly I don't think we'll be missing Ki as much as Sunderland apparently is.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024