Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Postmen and parcels 17:26 - Dec 17 with 1132 viewsJackfath

How do they decide whether to leave a parcel with a neighbour?
How do they decide whether to leave the parcel in a "safeplace"?
How do they decide whether to just defeat the object of having something delivered by telling the recipient to come and get it in 24hrs?

What's their instructions from the Chief postie?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Postmen and parcels on 17:39 - Dec 17 with 1116 viewsPacemaker

You can go to the sorting office and get a form to give them instructions it's very good and works well. But not every company uses Roual Mail, I think Amazon lets you nominate places and people as well.

I am waiting for aarcel from DHL which was showing on tracker as delivery by end of the day....but doesn't state what day, I quite like that.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Postmen and parcels on 17:42 - Dec 17 with 1114 viewsorion3016

The good ol fashioned do me a favour postman chat about leaving stuff in a secure place usually works where we have the same postie for a long time plus the usual brown note at Xmas

Be over there now after

Postmen and parcels on 18:00 - Dec 17 with 1095 viewslifelong

I've never had a parcel from Royal Mail left with a neighbour or left in a safe place, always had to collect it 24 hrs later.
Postmen and parcels on 18:05 - Dec 17 with 1087 viewsJackfath

Does it not make the purpose of having something delivered a complete nonsense when they deliver during the day and most people are at work? Having to travel to the sorting office is crazy. Re deliver in the evening you morons. No wonder they are losing money. Crap outdated system.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Postmen and parcels on 22:11 - Dec 17 with 981 viewsRancid

I leave a note on the door before going to work asking to leave it with a neighbour.If it's signed for then they usually do so but special delivery or tracked then I have to pick it up from the sorting office the following morning.It's a real pain as i do loads of online shopping and there's always something getting delivered.
Postmen and parcels on 22:12 - Dec 17 with 978 viewsJackfath

Postmen and parcels on 22:11 - Dec 17 by Rancid

I leave a note on the door before going to work asking to leave it with a neighbour.If it's signed for then they usually do so but special delivery or tracked then I have to pick it up from the sorting office the following morning.It's a real pain as i do loads of online shopping and there's always something getting delivered.

Why don't they deliver in the evening when people are at home. Surely they'd be better off starting the posties off a few hours later and finish later?

Postmen and parcels on 22:17 - Dec 17 with 965 viewsRancid

Postmen and parcels on 22:12 - Dec 17 by Jackfath

Why don't they deliver in the evening when people are at home. Surely they'd be better off starting the posties off a few hours later and finish later?

Great shout and i don't know why.I was working in Ammanford last week and the postman was doing his rounds about half 3 in the afternoon.I asked him was he doing 3rd post (lol) and he said no and that was that.I remember 2nd post which was usually dinner time.Think that's all stopped now.
Postmen and parcels on 07:52 - Dec 18 with 881 viewsllangyfelach

Get mine delivered to work. Not possible for everyone I know, but as Rancid said, picking up from the couriers is a pain in the backside. Get nearly all my stuff online these days. And I'm complaining about the way the city centre is on its arse?!

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Login to get fewer ads

Postmen and parcels on 07:59 - Dec 18 with 876 viewsDr_Winston

Postmen and parcels on 07:52 - Dec 18 by llangyfelach

Get mine delivered to work. Not possible for everyone I know, but as Rancid said, picking up from the couriers is a pain in the backside. Get nearly all my stuff online these days. And I'm complaining about the way the city centre is on its arse?!

Most of mine comes to work too, although Amazon will deliver to a couple of other places (convenience stores mostly) nearby too. Not sure how much extra it costs though.

Otherwise Fathy is bang on the money. Evening parcel deliveries would make perfect sense.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Postmen and parcels on 08:03 - Dec 18 with 870 viewsllangyfelach

Postmen and parcels on 22:12 - Dec 17 by Jackfath

A 12 til 8 shift would be bang on. And would no doubt suit loads

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Postmen and parcels on 09:32 - Dec 18 with 835 viewsVetchitBack

Under the Universal Service Obligation Royal Mail must deliver to every address in the UK six days a week before 3pm. They can't cherry-pick what might be popular or profitable like your TNTs etc.

As to whether there should be second parcel run for undelivered parcels in the evening I'm sure that wouldn't suit everyone knocking on doors after dark (the elderly, people settling down for tea). I mean we all know how much people love being bothered by call centres after a certain time. Plus it's not the old days where everyone was 9-5 Mon-Fri (I wish).

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Postmen and parcels on 09:46 - Dec 18 with 820 viewsdickythorpe

Is click and collect the way forward?

My local sorting office closes as early as 5.30pm!

There should be options of what time suits you when you order items, plus a choice of where it is delivered.
Postmen and parcels on 09:49 - Dec 18 with 816 viewsDDCH

We've been red carded with a 'sorry you were out' whilst sat in the front room on more than one occasion.

I rejoice every time I get an email saying your parcel is arriving with DPD and will be with you between 920am and 1020am.....now that is service

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Postmen and parcels on 12:58 - Dec 18 with 767 viewsCatullus

Now then JF, tell me something, in a world where people work all different times of day, just how do Royal Mail know who's at home and when?
They would have to run a 24 hour delivery service to catch everybody at home. And what of the posties, don't they deserve family time too?
If you would like to try asking Royal Mail, they will tell you the procedures. You can request a redelivery for any day (besides Sunday) you would like. Or if you nominate a friend or neighbour (in writing) you can have your parcel delivered where you want. Or (and again in writing) you can tell the postie where is a safe place at your property to leave any items that don't fit through your letterbox.

It really is that simple.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Postmen and parcels on 13:27 - Dec 18 with 751 viewsdickythorpe

Postmen and parcels on 12:58 - Dec 18 by Catullus

Now then JF, tell me something, in a world where people work all different times of day, just how do Royal Mail know who's at home and when?
They would have to run a 24 hour delivery service to catch everybody at home. And what of the posties, don't they deserve family time too?
If you would like to try asking Royal Mail, they will tell you the procedures. You can request a redelivery for any day (besides Sunday) you would like. Or if you nominate a friend or neighbour (in writing) you can have your parcel delivered where you want. Or (and again in writing) you can tell the postie where is a safe place at your property to leave any items that don't fit through your letterbox.

It really is that simple.

It's not Royal Mail he has the issue with. Its the Yodel's etc
Postmen and parcels on 01:13 - Dec 19 with 680 viewsCatullus

Postmen and parcels on 13:27 - Dec 18 by dickythorpe

It's not Royal Mail he has the issue with. Its the Yodel's etc

Why does he ask about the chief posties instructions then?
Besides that, yodel etc do deliver later in the day.

Royal mail (as mentioned) are hamstrung by the USO. Others firms can, and have, cherry picked areas and times of delivery. Posties get a lot of stick but blame the regulator and the government.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024