Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tan's financial madness revealed. 07:22 - Dec 18 with 11891 viewsNOTRAC

A story in the Western Mail this morning reveals that all legal charges covering secured debts have been paid off by Vincent Tan, thus tightening his grip of control on the Club.
These debts included historic amounts such as the PMG debt of £8.7m,Ray Hanson's debt of £2.5m and the mystery debts of Erskine Finance(registered in Tortola in the Caribbean) and Edgedale International (registered in the Virgin Islands).
It is now estimated by the Western Mail that the total monies owed to Vincent Tan has risen to £120m and that he has introduced up to £150m in total into the Club.
The club is understood to see the debt repayments as part of the owners long standing commitment to the club.
The repayment of these secured creditors was only made public yesterday, but on further reading it transpires that all these payments were made prior to the end of the previous years accounts I.e when Cardiff were in the Premiership.
It would be almost impossible therefore for Tan to ever get his money back, unless Cardiff returned to the Premiership.
Having failed so completely after the injection of such huge amounts of money, it is very unlikely that Tan would ever go down the same road and inject further substantial monies into the Club in future.
No doubt Tan now wishes that he hadn't made those payments, as even a Cardiff City spokesman said "the amount that the club owes is something they cannot afford to repay.
There is also a warning for those believing that new investors into our Club would bring additional success.
It is now clear that even introducing amounts of £100m or more guarantees nothing ,unless the Club's structure is right.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 12:47 - Dec 19 with 1925 viewsreddythered

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 11:09 - Dec 19 by ScoobyDoo

Must admit i agree with most of what Reddy has posted apart from the little snipe at the Trust, admittedly i am not a member of the Trust but have full admiration of people that are democratically trying to do something positive for the fan base, although Tan not willing to meet with elected supporters groups is frustrating to say the least.

So when the Trust sniped at Paul Guy, that was ok?

You remember that newspaper advert reminding Paul Guy of his duties as a director? Why did the Trust take that action with the SC? Someone involved with the SC was apparently given information - claimed to be a
document, it then became information - that led them to that course.

So Trust, SC took that action. Which could have had positive or negative effects without consulting their membership. Without openly and transparently revealing the information and how it was obtained.

Both groups decided to do that, irrespective of the outcome - if negative it would have affected ALL fans not just their tiny number of members.

That same Trust failed to speak out against Ridsdale, let's not forget, because their aim was to "keep lines of communication open".

Walked past a very interesting convo of Trust members the night of the Bournemouth game. I'd suggest they might want to concentrate on retaining the members they have before looking to attract new ones.

The fact remains, like it or not, the Trust have only fairly recently become a "yah boo we hate the rebrand" group. Get Sian involved, hope some Bluebirds United or whatever it is members join, increase the size of the Trust from a miniscule size.

A strong Trust is decent enough as Swansea have shown. One formed after the horse has bolted, seemingly wanting credibility with the amount of members who wouldn't even fill one section of one of the stands on the other hand is nothing more than a talking shop of egos.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 12:52 - Dec 19 with 1916 viewsreddythered

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 11:41 - Dec 19 by acejack3065

Strong Supporters Trusts are what every football club needs but I can't help but think Tan has no reason to meet with the Cardiff Supporters Trust when at this time they lack real legitimacy.

If like-minded supporters like yourself joined the trust then it would have more clout in holding Tan to account.

I'd always supported our trust but was not a member until this year. I joined to make sure that the Trust had my full support in protecting us with the foreign investment looming!

They've never had any legitimacy.

Fanbase has rejected them. let's not forget. Formed long after the horse bolted - it was needed at the time of the aborted Sullivan takeover.

You say like minded supporters can change it - only in volume however. People who have stood for election to the board on campaigns that may go contrary to the view of the great and good generally don't win.

The fact is that like it or not, your Trust has succeeded because it was able to get in the door at your lowest ebb.

People behind our Trust on the other hand mocked your Trust, sat on their hands when Sullivan took the urine, when Hammam offered ice creams etc. Trust was only formed when it was patently obvious it would require admin/liquidation for them to get any foothold. The fact their numbers are still minimal despite all the rebrand mess speaks volumes about the people running the Trust.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:30 - Dec 19 with 1888 viewsGowerjack

Feck me

Two scummers arguing about their s hitty little club on a Swansea City message board.

Run along and play now boys ,the adults aren't interested.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 16:12 - Dec 19 with 1849 viewsScoobyDoo

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:30 - Dec 19 by Gowerjack

Feck me

Two scummers arguing about their s hitty little club on a Swansea City message board.

Whose arguing bud, Reddy has his view which he is entitled to and i have mine. Because i don't agree with everything he says doesn't mean we are arguing.

Mind all these strong views he is saying should be meant for our board i would have thought, unless he does of course?
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 16:21 - Dec 19 with 1838 viewsScoobyDoo

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 12:47 - Dec 19 by reddythered

So when the Trust sniped at Paul Guy, that was ok?

You remember that newspaper advert reminding Paul Guy of his duties as a director? Why did the Trust take that action with the SC? Someone involved with the SC was apparently given information - claimed to be a
document, it then became information - that led them to that course.

So Trust, SC took that action. Which could have had positive or negative effects without consulting their membership. Without openly and transparently revealing the information and how it was obtained.

Both groups decided to do that, irrespective of the outcome - if negative it would have affected ALL fans not just their tiny number of members.

That same Trust failed to speak out against Ridsdale, let's not forget, because their aim was to "keep lines of communication open".

Walked past a very interesting convo of Trust members the night of the Bournemouth game. I'd suggest they might want to concentrate on retaining the members they have before looking to attract new ones.

The fact remains, like it or not, the Trust have only fairly recently become a "yah boo we hate the rebrand" group. Get Sian involved, hope some Bluebirds United or whatever it is members join, increase the size of the Trust from a miniscule size.

A strong Trust is decent enough as Swansea have shown. One formed after the horse has bolted, seemingly wanting credibility with the amount of members who wouldn't even fill one section of one of the stands on the other hand is nothing more than a talking shop of egos.

Right you will have to explain that one about Guy as i don't know, i always thought Guy and Hall did quite well out of our club, or didn't they? Again i could be wrong.

Are you a member of any organised group, if not neither am i but i know certain people do a lot of work for their members so surely they should be commended and not condemned, i am not aware of what's happened in the past, was you part of these groups? If you were you are more clued up than me, i am just saying of the Present.
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 16:37 - Dec 19 with 1828 viewsreddythered

Feck me

The replies by other Jacks say otherwise.

Unless you're claiming they aren't adults?

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 22:07 - Jul 6 with 1278 viewsBluebird

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:34 - Dec 18 by monmouth

What IS he up to with that shower of sh1t? he clearly does not have a long term commitment - why would he? - and he isn't a fool, even though he sometimes acts like one, so how will he cash out? Is it all on a hope that they will make it back this season? he's gambled £150m on Russell Slade.....actually...he is probably just a fool.

Oh dear
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 06:37 - Jul 7 with 1079 viewsvalleyboy

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:34 - Dec 18 by monmouth

What IS he up to with that shower of sh1t? he clearly does not have a long term commitment - why would he? - and he isn't a fool, even though he sometimes acts like one, so how will he cash out? Is it all on a hope that they will make it back this season? he's gambled £150m on Russell Slade.....actually...he is probably just a fool.

“Shower if shit”

Well Swans fans should know more about a “shower of shit than anyone

I can’t believe that you were so dull to say that about any club, when you as a Swansea fan have been sold down the river big time
Login to get fewer ads

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 06:49 - Jul 7 with 1071 viewsvalleyboy

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:49 - Dec 18 by Shaky

i think he underestimated how much it would take to get into the prem, and obviously then crapped out on his first throw of the dice sending them straight back down.

I believe there is room for one major internationally recognised club to emerge in Wales over the next 10 years or so, but Tan has probably now blown his chances of that being Cardiff.

Well who could the other internationally recognised club to emerge in Wales be then?????

Newport County

What I would say to you is that you need owners to really invest in a club to get them to the Premier League and not a “hedge fund” set up that’s only interested to pay good dividends to their investors

Tell me, in how much have the present Swans owners pumped money into the football club other than paying money to the crooked directors to get control of the club

I don’t think much if any
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 06:52 - Jul 7 with 1067 viewswobbly

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:10 - Dec 18 by Uxbridge

Just goes to show the value of a stable set of shareholders and directors at the helm of any club. I do hope if there is any change at SCFC that those seeking to cash out ensure through proper due diligence regarding the buyers and putting protections in place so that such a scenario couldn't happen in the future under any new owners ...

Fortunately we have board and owners who are fans. They won’t sell us out.
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 07:04 - Jul 7 with 1053 viewsScottishEddie

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:10 - Dec 18 by Uxbridge

Just goes to show the value of a stable set of shareholders and directors at the helm of any club. I do hope if there is any change at SCFC that those seeking to cash out ensure through proper due diligence regarding the buyers and putting protections in place so that such a scenario couldn't happen in the future under any new owners ...

We should of had a Trust to watch over everything?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 07:10 - Jul 7 with 1042 viewspeenemunde

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 13:49 - Dec 18 by Shaky

i think he underestimated how much it would take to get into the prem, and obviously then crapped out on his first throw of the dice sending them straight back down.

I believe there is room for one major internationally recognised club to emerge in Wales over the next 10 years or so, but Tan has probably now blown his chances of that being Cardiff.

This post above ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️Proves just how thick you really are.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 7:12]
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 07:48 - Jul 7 with 983 viewscostalotta

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 06:52 - Jul 7 by wobbly

Or so some thought! How naive many of our fans were.
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 07:54 - Jul 7 with 971 viewscostalotta

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 06:49 - Jul 7 by valleyboy

Well who could the other internationally recognised club to emerge in Wales be then?????

Newport County

What I would say to you is that you need owners to really invest in a club to get them to the Premier League and not a “hedge fund” set up that’s only interested to pay good dividends to their investors

Tell me, in how much have the present Swans owners pumped money into the football club other than paying money to the crooked directors to get control of the club

I don’t think much if any

Why would any investor put money into the club when it won’t be matched (proportional) by the only other major shareholder (The trust who don’t have a pot to **** in) ? It just wouldn’t make sense. Suppose there is the option of dilution but then the natives and Trust will cry foul play. It’s a phucking mess!

Could there be an argument that the Trust is holding the club back from a future sale?
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 08:06 - Jul 7 with 953 viewsbyron

Feck me

Lol

Benny

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 08:10 - Jul 7 with 943 viewsbyron

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 07:48 - Jul 7 by costalotta

Or so some thought! How naive many of our fans were.

This thread is lol lol lol

Benny

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 08:16 - Jul 7 with 929 viewsbyron

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 11:41 - Dec 19 by acejack3065

Strong Supporters Trusts are what every football club needs but I can't help but think Tan has no reason to meet with the Cardiff Supporters Trust when at this time they lack real legitimacy.

If like-minded supporters like yourself joined the trust then it would have more clout in holding Tan to account.

I'd always supported our trust but was not a member until this year. I joined to make sure that the Trust had my full support in protecting us with the foreign investment looming!

🤑🤑😂

Benny

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 08:18 - Jul 7 with 926 viewsUxbridge

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 06:52 - Jul 7 by wobbly

If only my words had been heeded...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 08:20 - Jul 7 with 921 views34dfgdf54

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 08:18 - Jul 7 by Uxbridge

Why are the Trust still adamant they can build a working relationship with the Owners Ux?
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 08:29 - Jul 7 with 899 viewsShaky

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 07:10 - Jul 7 by peenemunde

This post above ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️Proves just how thick you really are.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 7:12]

Really? i think it remains spot on.

You don't seem to understand that Tan made most of his investment directly into Cardiff, as opposed to Team Kaplan which has so far invested solely by buying other peoples' shares bringing no new money into the club.

And any significant growth in British football finances will come from overseas. I think there is a clear gap in the market for something Welsh branded, but the potential new fan in Los Angeles or Kuala Lumpur will not know or care one bit about petty local rivalries between Swansea and Cardiff.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 08:31 - Jul 7 with 879 viewsUxbridge

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 08:20 - Jul 7 by 34dfgdf54

Why are the Trust still adamant they can build a working relationship with the Owners Ux?

Is the Trust still adamant that it can? That's news.

My view is that I think the situation is very fluid, to say the least. All very much depends on how the next couple of months go, as outlined in that members email that mustn't be mentioned.

I suspect the make up of the Trust board will be a factor too. As it stands, there are only 4 certainties on that front, with 7 about to be elected and then a possible 4 coopted. For those who have said the Trust board needed to change, this was a cast iron opportunity for that to happen. Whether it has, or will, will be interesting to see. Up to the members for now.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:19 - Jul 7 with 736 viewsvalleyboy

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 08:31 - Jul 7 by Uxbridge

Is the Trust still adamant that it can? That's news.

My view is that I think the situation is very fluid, to say the least. All very much depends on how the next couple of months go, as outlined in that members email that mustn't be mentioned.

I suspect the make up of the Trust board will be a factor too. As it stands, there are only 4 certainties on that front, with 7 about to be elected and then a possible 4 coopted. For those who have said the Trust board needed to change, this was a cast iron opportunity for that to happen. Whether it has, or will, will be interesting to see. Up to the members for now.

You know that nothing will change with the Trust when you have people running it, are there for themselves and not for the real supporters

The Trust is stuck in the way it’s always done things and will not change

You and a few others are just a minority to change how the Trust is run

Until there’s a clean sweep of those running the Trust now, it will never regain the confidence of the supporters
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:25 - Jul 7 with 725 viewsvalleyboy

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 08:18 - Jul 7 by Uxbridge

I have a copy of a posting of yours that says exactly that the old Directors were Swansea fans and would never sell the club

How people change their minds

Mind you it’s not only you, but many others aswell
Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:30 - Jul 7 with 720 viewsmonmouth

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 22:07 - Jul 6 by Bluebird

Oh dear

Ha. Your club is still a shower of shit and it's still interesting to see how Tan cashes out, and he was a fool for gambling all that money, but he's turned out to be a lucky fool.

Where you have the current laugh is that he has turned out a much better owner than he looked and in a different stratosphere to our bunch so far.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 10:37 - Jul 7 with 705 viewspeenemunde

Tan's financial madness revealed. on 08:29 - Jul 7 by Shaky

Really? i think it remains spot on.

You don't seem to understand that Tan made most of his investment directly into Cardiff, as opposed to Team Kaplan which has so far invested solely by buying other peoples' shares bringing no new money into the club.

And any significant growth in British football finances will come from overseas. I think there is a clear gap in the market for something Welsh branded, but the potential new fan in Los Angeles or Kuala Lumpur will not know or care one bit about petty local rivalries between Swansea and Cardiff.

Tan hasn’t blow anything. In fact Cardiff this up coming season will be streets ahead of Swansea.
As for the American market it’s always been over played especially for clubs like Swansea.

P.s you were wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024