Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
North Korea 13:35 - Dec 18 with 1016 viewsCountyJim

Fairplay old Kim now stopping American films
North Korea on 13:50 - Dec 18 with 998 viewsreddythered

And somebody buys the bs reason.

Hacked, probably. By North Korea? No chance.

Controversy gives a probably mediocre movie more publicity. Cinemas refusing to show it due to "risk" gives movie companies the impetus to drive towards newer technologies for movie distribution, ie netflix et al.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

North Korea on 13:54 - Dec 18 with 993 viewsApeShit

It sounds like a sh*t film anyway, to be honest.
North Korea on 14:51 - Dec 18 with 961 viewsNeath_Jack

I'm surprised the conspiracists are not all over this thread like a rash.

Where's that nutjob Swanzay et al.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

North Korea on 14:52 - Dec 18 with 960 viewsllangyfelach

Aliens

Or the far right

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

North Korea on 15:29 - Dec 18 with 927 viewsSwanzay

Great piece of marketing by Sony, for what is in essence no doubt a shite film and I think they know it. Hence free publicity due to this 'withdrawal' from cinemas, which fuels public interest, then release after so called 'public pressure' around boxing day with far higher audience figures that they would normal get for a film of this nature.
Its more likely to be some guy in Sheffield who is now laughing his arse off, than anything from NK, if any off it is 'real' in the 1st place.
North Korea on 15:45 - Dec 18 with 916 viewsLord_Bony

North Korea on 15:29 - Dec 18 by Swanzay

Great piece of marketing by Sony, for what is in essence no doubt a shite film and I think they know it. Hence free publicity due to this 'withdrawal' from cinemas, which fuels public interest, then release after so called 'public pressure' around boxing day with far higher audience figures that they would normal get for a film of this nature.
Its more likely to be some guy in Sheffield who is now laughing his arse off, than anything from NK, if any off it is 'real' in the 1st place.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

North Korea on 17:17 - Dec 18 with 845 viewsThursday

North Korea on 14:51 - Dec 18 by Neath_Jack

I'm surprised the conspiracists are not all over this thread like a rash.

Where's that nutjob Swanzay et al.

Reddy beat you by two posts on the conspiracy front, and you beat Swanzay by two posts. All's even I reckon.
North Korea on 18:38 - Dec 18 with 797 viewsQuakerJack

North Koreans can't hack... They think their supreme leader invented gravity FFS.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

North Korea on 18:56 - Dec 18 with 779 viewsreddythered

In terms of nations known for, if not encouraging rather turning a blind eye to, hacking North Korea isn't up there.

Studios like Sony have far more interest in wanting to supply services like premium VOD. Cinemas just add another layer of things, may not want to show some films after all. Isn't it also the case studios like Sony can't sell say DVDs films for around 90 days after cinematic release?

Having a situation where cinemas refuse to show the film could well give Sony a reason for exploring the VOD market more seriously - which in turn will kill cinemas.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

North Korea on 21:37 - Dec 18 with 721 viewsThursday

North Korea on 18:56 - Dec 18 by reddythered

In terms of nations known for, if not encouraging rather turning a blind eye to, hacking North Korea isn't up there.

Studios like Sony have far more interest in wanting to supply services like premium VOD. Cinemas just add another layer of things, may not want to show some films after all. Isn't it also the case studios like Sony can't sell say DVDs films for around 90 days after cinematic release?

Having a situation where cinemas refuse to show the film could well give Sony a reason for exploring the VOD market more seriously - which in turn will kill cinemas.

To get to where they are now, Sony would have been behind the hacking?

They've released their own employee's information, including social security numbers, banking information, and addresses. They've released thousands of emails, including operational strategies, criticism of actors, and internal arguing. In the emails, they've been thwacking Obama with a race card and have still managed to talk the US government into providing sources to agree that North Korea was behind the attack. They've threatened an entire nation with terrorist attacks during Christmas. And then denied that they're releasing the movie through VOD.

And I thought North Korea was supposed to be the evil one. Supreme Leader Sony.
North Korea on 21:45 - Dec 18 with 711 viewscontroversial_jack

North Korea on 18:56 - Dec 18 by reddythered

N Korea are very good at hacking. They train many every year to disable American systems in the event of a conflict
North Korea on 22:08 - Dec 18 with 698 viewsreddythered

North Korea on 21:37 - Dec 18 by Thursday

To get to where they are now, Sony would have been behind the hacking?

They've released their own employee's information, including social security numbers, banking information, and addresses. They've released thousands of emails, including operational strategies, criticism of actors, and internal arguing. In the emails, they've been thwacking Obama with a race card and have still managed to talk the US government into providing sources to agree that North Korea was behind the attack. They've threatened an entire nation with terrorist attacks during Christmas. And then denied that they're releasing the movie through VOD.

And I thought North Korea was supposed to be the evil one. Supreme Leader Sony.

Nope, Sony haven't released their own data. Media has automatically run the "it was North Korea" card. I just believe Sony haven't exactly gone out of their way to correct that assertion.

North Korea on 22:18 - Dec 18 with 689 viewsThursday

North Korea on 22:08 - Dec 18 by reddythered

Nope, Sony haven't released their own data. Media has automatically run the "it was North Korea" card. I just believe Sony haven't exactly gone out of their way to correct that assertion.

Gotcha. I can take it on face value that North Korea was behind the attacks. Who do you think the instigator was?
North Korea on 22:44 - Dec 18 with 671 viewsreddythered

North Korea on 22:18 - Dec 18 by Thursday

Gotcha. I can take it on face value that North Korea was behind the attacks. Who do you think the instigator was?

N Korea is fairly well isolated; Joe Q Hacker you can rule out. Which would mean it could only really be their government. Given the media control there, most if not all N Koreans wouldn't even know about the film. Can;'t see resources being used against Sony.

I do periodically check http://map.ipviking.com/?_ga=1.106938115.1477390587.1388686673 and N Korea certainly hasn't appeared well at all when I've looked.

Instigator could be anyone. Given most big companies are lax about security, not wanting system downtime so often patches don't get applied, could be any script kiddie.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024