Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is awful from the club 17:52 - Dec 18 with 32458 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's Guardian publishes details of costs to young people of supporting their club, including ticket prices, replica kits and mascot prices.

To my absolute horror I see that we charge more for youngsters to be a mascot than any other premier league club (well, the same as QPR). This is an utter disgrace. £450 when clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and both Liverpool clubs charge nothing.

Surely with the income we have we don't need to be ripping off local kids (or their parents) like this? What about the Swans mad youngster whose parents can't afford it? How do they feel? Is there any provision for this if parents simply can't, understandably, pay that amount?

I realise that from time to time we probably have kids doing it for a special reason and they don't, presumably, pay (illness related and so on) but this is just terrible in an area where people are hardly rolling in spare cash.

I had no idea that we charged this sort of money - sometimes every player has a mascot and we're charging this for all of them? It's awful. Is this something that is widely known ?
This is awful from the club on 12:13 - Dec 19 with 1437 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 10:45 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Excellent, then then you will now agree that you were wrong in your statement that Martin Morgan, "sir huw" or any orher dorector be it individual or collective.... DO NOT own the club.

*add generic smiley or customary "lol" here*

Of course they own the club each individual owns a certain percentage. No wonder they banned you many times on AAMB.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

This is awful from the club on 12:16 - Dec 19 with 1424 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 12:13 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Of course they own the club each individual owns a certain percentage. No wonder they banned you many times on AAMB.

For being right? Yeah no wonder.

"They" own the club? Who is "they"? We are talking about INDIVIDUALS, they are not a business, they are not a group, they are individuals.

None of them own the club. It's that simple as I and others keep telling you.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 12:18]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This is awful from the club on 12:18 - Dec 19 with 1409 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 12:16 - Dec 19 by Parlay

For being right? Yeah no wonder.

"They" own the club? Who is "they"? We are talking about INDIVIDUALS, they are not a business, they are not a group, they are individuals.

None of them own the club. It's that simple as I and others keep telling you.

No for being a mentally unbalanced so who owns the club then.?

This is awful from the club on 12:19 - Dec 19 with 1402 viewssixpenses

This is awful from the club on 11:37 - Dec 19 by Uxbridge

Well, if that was happening, I would agree it would be completely inappropriate. Actually, I'd even question the legality of it.

However, from what I know and heard, this isn't close to reality.

I would agree and hopefully this would not be the case - however margins could become blurred when an official investment seeking exercise turns or is turned into an opportunity to personally flog you shares and make millions.

Not making any accusations here just saying that would be an easy scenario to envisage and of course to professionally keep very clear boundries between official and personal business is essential to prevent straying into the very questionable waters as you highlight.
This is awful from the club on 12:22 - Dec 19 with 1392 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 12:18 - Dec 19 by dgt73

No for being a mentally unbalanced so who owns the club then.?

Yet you are the one struggling with simple concepts and resorting to making jibes about mental health. Whats next? Cancer? AIDS?

You have been told several times now. Nobody owns the club, parts of the club belong to individual shareholders. If i bought a 1% stake in the club - i would not own the club.

So back to the point. If profits are held over for future investments then they are already there minus £2.4m for bonus payments so they can be there minus 500k for the fans that the club is supposed to be run for.

*insert another lol or smiley for good measure*

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 12:23 - Dec 19 with 1389 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 12:22 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Yet you are the one struggling with simple concepts and resorting to making jibes about mental health. Whats next? Cancer? AIDS?

You have been told several times now. Nobody owns the club, parts of the club belong to individual shareholders. If i bought a 1% stake in the club - i would not own the club.

So back to the point. If profits are held over for future investments then they are already there minus £2.4m for bonus payments so they can be there minus 500k for the fans that the club is supposed to be run for.

*insert another lol or smiley for good measure*

Ok, if a extremely rich person wanted to buy the club, who would that person negotiate with.?

This is awful from the club on 12:30 - Dec 19 with 1371 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 12:23 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Ok, if a extremely rich person wanted to buy the club, who would that person negotiate with.?

There is no one person. He would need to individually approach each shareholder and offer to buy those shares. Once he has a controlling stake he can then as majority shareholder make business decisions.

We have no majority shareholders, i believe the maximum one person has is 25%, similar to what the supporters have.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 12:34 - Dec 19 with 1357 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 12:30 - Dec 19 by Parlay

There is no one person. He would need to individually approach each shareholder and offer to buy those shares. Once he has a controlling stake he can then as majority shareholder make business decisions.

We have no majority shareholders, i believe the maximum one person has is 25%, similar to what the supporters have.

Oh right and who are these individuals you talk about.?
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 12:35]

Login to get fewer ads

This is awful from the club on 12:38 - Dec 19 with 1345 viewsShaky

This is awful from the club on 12:30 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Well no actually.

The way it is normally done is that a potential acquiror would approach the chairman of the board who would then discuss it with the board, which would collectively decide how to proceed.

One problem with Jenkins' dual roles is he could hypothetically receive an offer wearing his chairman's hat and then independently continue discussions gathering requested information he has access to wearing his management hat.

Now is not right time to deal with this given an offer may be almost on the table, but as I have said before the Trust is negligent in not addressing this huge gaping potential conflict of interest.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

This is awful from the club on 12:39 - Dec 19 with 1344 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 12:34 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Oh right and who are these individuals you talk about.?
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 12:35]

This is mind numbing. Do you know anything about the set up of Swansea or indeed how clubs are bought? If not then why pretend to and get so offensive when someone corrects you?

Every individual that owns a share is the answer. If you own a share, you are one such individual.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 12:40 - Dec 19 with 1340 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 12:38 - Dec 19 by Shaky

Well no actually.

The way it is normally done is that a potential acquiror would approach the chairman of the board who would then discuss it with the board, which would collectively decide how to proceed.

One problem with Jenkins' dual roles is he could hypothetically receive an offer wearing his chairman's hat and then independently continue discussions gathering requested information he has access to wearing his management hat.

Now is not right time to deal with this given an offer may be almost on the table, but as I have said before the Trust is negligent in not addressing this huge gaping potential conflict of interest.

What do you expect the trust to do. ?????

This is awful from the club on 12:43 - Dec 19 with 1332 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 12:38 - Dec 19 by Shaky

Well no actually.

If you are talking about Swansea specifically then yes. However neither the chairman nor the directors would have any say in it if said buyer offered and acquired the personal shares of individuals. Vincent Tan buying Steve Borleys shares being case in point.

You are correct about Jenkins having his fingers in both pies though.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 12:44]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 12:43 - Dec 19 with 1329 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 12:39 - Dec 19 by Parlay

This is mind numbing. Do you know anything about the set up of Swansea or indeed how clubs are bought? If not then why pretend to and get so offensive when someone corrects you?

Every individual that owns a share is the answer. If you own a share, you are one such individual.

So name the individual share holders. I wonder if Martin Morgan, Sir Huw, Brian Katzen, etc names will pop up. ?

This is awful from the club on 12:46 - Dec 19 with 1317 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 12:43 - Dec 19 by dgt73

So name the individual share holders. I wonder if Martin Morgan, Sir Huw, Brian Katzen, etc names will pop up. ?

Of course they will, what is your point. They still don't own the club.

You can ask me to name someone beginning with H too, if the answer is Huw, it still doesnt mean he is also the answer to the question of "who owns the club".

Huw jenkins doesnt own the club.
Martin morgan doesnt own the club
Brian katzen doesnt own the club

If they were a single person with 3 heads.... They still wouldnt own the club.

Do they own shares, yes, as do a lot of people. But none of them own the club.

It will sink in soon im sure.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 12:47]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 12:47 - Dec 19 with 1315 viewsShaky

This is awful from the club on 12:40 - Dec 19 by dgt73

What do you expect the trust to do. ?????

Nothing.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

This is awful from the club on 12:48 - Dec 19 with 1307 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 12:46 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Of course they will, what is your point. They still don't own the club.

You can ask me to name someone beginning with H too, if the answer is Huw, it still doesnt mean he is also the answer to the question of "who owns the club".

Huw jenkins doesnt own the club.
Martin morgan doesnt own the club
Brian katzen doesnt own the club

If they were a single person with 3 heads.... They still wouldnt own the club.

Do they own shares, yes, as do a lot of people. But none of them own the club.

It will sink in soon im sure.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 12:47]

But they own more of the club that you and i. Yes or no.????

This is awful from the club on 12:49 - Dec 19 with 1297 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 12:48 - Dec 19 by dgt73

But they own more of the club that you and i. Yes or no.????

Your point being?

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 12:52 - Dec 19 with 1286 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 12:49 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Your point being?

That they own more of the club than you and i, just as i said. You don't have to own something completely to be classed as an owner. Yes or no. ????
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 12:53]

This is awful from the club on 12:53 - Dec 19 with 1278 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 12:52 - Dec 19 by dgt73

That they own more of the club than you and i, just as i said. You don't have to own something completely to be classed as an owner. Yes or no. ????
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 12:53]

But them owning a higher % than me was never and has never been what we are discussing. Its irrelevant.

No you cannot say you own a club when you own a small %.

Next.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 12:55 - Dec 19 with 1272 views_

This is awful from the club on 12:47 - Dec 19 by Shaky

Nothing.

Nothing? So you mean what they always do?

Ahh shit :-(

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

This is awful from the club on 12:57 - Dec 19 with 1264 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 12:53 - Dec 19 by Parlay

But them owning a higher % than me was never and has never been what we are discussing. Its irrelevant.

No you cannot say you own a club when you own a small %.

Next.

And you can't say you don't own part of the club if you do. I said in an earlier post that sir Huw, mm, and a few other own 80% of the club which is correct. Only a complete mentally unbalanced person would say those people who own 80 % of the club aren't classed as owners.

This is awful from the club on 12:59 - Dec 19 with 1260 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 12:57 - Dec 19 by dgt73

And you can't say you don't own part of the club if you do. I said in an earlier post that sir Huw, mm, and a few other own 80% of the club which is correct. Only a complete mentally unbalanced person would say those people who own 80 % of the club aren't classed as owners.

Nobody is saying that they cannot claim to own a share in the club. That was never what we were discussing.

Yes you did say Huw, Morgan et al own 80% of the club. You are still wrong. They are not a collective, they are individuals. None of them own 80%.

Nobody owns more than 25%. We dont have a majority shareholder let alone an owner.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 13:00]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 13:01 - Dec 19 with 1252 viewsskippyjack

This is awful from the club on 12:59 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Nobody is saying that they cannot claim to own a share in the club. That was never what we were discussing.

Yes you did say Huw, Morgan et al own 80% of the club. You are still wrong. They are not a collective, they are individuals. None of them own 80%.

Nobody owns more than 25%. We dont have a majority shareholder let alone an owner.

What about the trust!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

This is awful from the club on 13:01 - Dec 19 with 1252 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 12:59 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Try again, because it's not what i said.

This is awful from the club on 13:02 - Dec 19 with 1245 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 13:01 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Try again, because it's not what i said.

No need to try again. You said the directors own the club.

You are wrong, and continue to be so.

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024