Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is awful from the club 17:52 - Dec 18 with 32468 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's Guardian publishes details of costs to young people of supporting their club, including ticket prices, replica kits and mascot prices.

To my absolute horror I see that we charge more for youngsters to be a mascot than any other premier league club (well, the same as QPR). This is an utter disgrace. £450 when clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and both Liverpool clubs charge nothing.

Surely with the income we have we don't need to be ripping off local kids (or their parents) like this? What about the Swans mad youngster whose parents can't afford it? How do they feel? Is there any provision for this if parents simply can't, understandably, pay that amount?

I realise that from time to time we probably have kids doing it for a special reason and they don't, presumably, pay (illness related and so on) but this is just terrible in an area where people are hardly rolling in spare cash.

I had no idea that we charged this sort of money - sometimes every player has a mascot and we're charging this for all of them? It's awful. Is this something that is widely known ?
This is awful from the club on 13:03 - Dec 19 with 1532 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 13:01 - Dec 19 by skippyjack

What about the trust!

What about them?

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This is awful from the club on 13:04 - Dec 19 with 1522 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 13:02 - Dec 19 by Parlay

No need to try again. You said the directors own the club.

You are wrong, and continue to be so.

The directors ( who are the share holders) plus the trust own the club. Yes or no

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

This is awful from the club on 13:08 - Dec 19 with 1507 viewsskippyjack

This is awful from the club on 13:04 - Dec 19 by dgt73

The directors ( who are the share holders) plus the trust own the club. Yes or no

Speak in the correct terms about the trust.. he's contradicting himself again..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

This is awful from the club on 13:09 - Dec 19 with 1504 viewsTrundle10

The commercial dept at the club is amateur. You have only gpot to look at the club shop online to see the ammounts of nerchandise which ahs been sold out already. This happens season upon season...... ORDER MORE STOCK FFS!
This is awful from the club on 13:10 - Dec 19 with 1503 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 13:04 - Dec 19 by dgt73

How many times can you ask the same question and get the same answer?

No, nobody owns the club. If all the directors were one person, they still wouldn't own the club. Majority shareholder yes, owner, no. However they aren't one person, they are multiple people so it doesn't even get that far.

NO director owns the club. NO director is even majority shareholder.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 13:10 - Dec 19 with 1479 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 13:08 - Dec 19 by skippyjack

Speak in the correct terms about the trust.. he's contradicting himself again..

Is this where skippy does his normal "you are contradicting yourself" while failing to point out a single contradiction?

The trust DO NOT own the club.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 13:11]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 13:11 - Dec 19 with 1475 viewsShaky

This is awful from the club on 12:43 - Dec 19 by Parlay

If you are talking about Swansea specifically then yes. However neither the chairman nor the directors would have any say in it if said buyer offered and acquired the personal shares of individuals. Vincent Tan buying Steve Borleys shares being case in point.

You are correct about Jenkins having his fingers in both pies though.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 12:44]

I am not quite sure what the rules for private (non-listed) companies are currently in the UK.

But I know that some of the provisions of the Takeover Code governing Stock Exchange companies have been incorporated into the Companies Act, and one of the key thresholds there is that if somebody buys more than 30% of the shares they automatically have to make an offer to all shareholders.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

This is awful from the club on 13:11 - Dec 19 with 1474 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 13:10 - Dec 19 by Parlay

How many times can you ask the same question and get the same answer?

No, nobody owns the club. If all the directors were one person, they still wouldn't own the club. Majority shareholder yes, owner, no. However they aren't one person, they are multiple people so it doesn't even get that far.

NO director owns the club. NO director is even majority shareholder.

Try again because that's not what i said.

Login to get fewer ads

This is awful from the club on 13:13 - Dec 19 with 1461 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 13:11 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Try again because that's not what i said.

There is no need to try again.

You said the directors own the club. Which is wrong, and you continue to be so.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 13:13 - Dec 19 with 1460 viewsperchrockjack

If Swansea is a deprived area, how come some think nothing of slagging off another British city as dumps/shiholes etc etc.

Im glad our club has some real money

Im glad we can charge what we can

Some need to remember a time when a kid wouldn't be in any way arsed about being a mascot. Its the real world.

Taking kids to Mc Donalds aint cheap, neither are the latest must have games and mobile phones to freeze their brains.

Commercial department is way behind IMO of generating income.

We are a multi million pound business not a charity case

We need to keep on making money as long as its for the benefit of the team primarily

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This is awful from the club on 13:16 - Dec 19 with 1455 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 13:13 - Dec 19 by Parlay

There is no need to try again.

You said the directors own the club. Which is wrong, and you continue to be so.

Collectively as I said a few times along with the trust. No wonder Annis banned you. Lol.

This is awful from the club on 13:17 - Dec 19 with 1453 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 13:13 - Dec 19 by perchrockjack

If Swansea is a deprived area, how come some think nothing of slagging off another British city as dumps/shiholes etc etc.

Im glad our club has some real money

Im glad we can charge what we can

Some need to remember a time when a kid wouldn't be in any way arsed about being a mascot. Its the real world.

Taking kids to Mc Donalds aint cheap, neither are the latest must have games and mobile phones to freeze their brains.

Commercial department is way behind IMO of generating income.

We are a multi million pound business not a charity case

We need to keep on making money as long as its for the benefit of the team primarily

I don't think making prices affordable is being "a charity case".

Nobody is saying we give all our profits away. We are a community club banking nearly £20m a year while our fans are being charged like for like amongst the highest prices in Europe in one of the poorest areas in the UK.

Profits being £16m instead of £16.5m and ticketing being £28 a game and mascot prices slashed by 50%. Would that be such a travesty then? I think not.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 13:19 - Dec 19 with 1441 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 13:16 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Collectively as I said a few times along with the trust. No wonder Annis banned you. Lol.

Yes, and then you admitted that there is no collectively. They are individuals. You said the directors own the club - you were and continue to be WRONG.

Yes Annis banned me for making him look a dozy twonk, similar to this, you are right.

Oh sorry i nearly forgot... Lolz.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 13:19]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 13:20 - Dec 19 with 1433 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 13:17 - Dec 19 by Parlay

I don't think making prices affordable is being "a charity case".

Nobody is saying we give all our profits away. We are a community club banking nearly £20m a year while our fans are being charged like for like amongst the highest prices in Europe in one of the poorest areas in the UK.

Profits being £16m instead of £16.5m and ticketing being £28 a game and mascot prices slashed by 50%. Would that be such a travesty then? I think not.

Prices are affordable, other wise the liberty wouldn't be sold out every game. Yes or no

This is awful from the club on 13:22 - Dec 19 with 1423 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 13:20 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Prices are affordable, other wise the liberty wouldn't be sold out every game. Yes or no

No.

If i sold 3 eggs for £10,000 each and i sold all 3. They still wouldn't be affordable, it just means some can afford it.

Quite a difference.

A full liberty only shows people that can afford tickets and doesnt begin to show the amount that cannot.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 13:23]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 13:25 - Dec 19 with 1414 viewsperchrockjack

Sorry PARLAY but with respect, there is a constant stream on here about how poor Swansea people are and how they cant afford anything of if they can, it has to be cheap.

There are people in Swansea and in Swansea BAY who are not poor,deprived nor in any way unable to afford the going rate..
This is the premier league- remember that and as with all things premier, it doesn't come cheap.

Its not actually all about money.

Anyway, I wish you a pleasant evening

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This is awful from the club on 13:29 - Dec 19 with 1399 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 13:25 - Dec 19 by perchrockjack

Sorry PARLAY but with respect, there is a constant stream on here about how poor Swansea people are and how they cant afford anything of if they can, it has to be cheap.

There are people in Swansea and in Swansea BAY who are not poor,deprived nor in any way unable to afford the going rate..
This is the premier league- remember that and as with all things premier, it doesn't come cheap.

Its not actually all about money.

Anyway, I wish you a pleasant evening

Makes no difference Perch.

Nobody is saying they have to give tickets away. £28 a ticket would still make it expensive in most European countries, you can get a Munich game for €16 and their economy is far better than our local one.

This isn't a club run for well off supporters down swansea bay is it. It is a club run for the local community. The local community consists if rich and poor. It makes no difference if it is the Premier League or not, we set the prices not the league. We have a £16m profit annually, even more expected this year. It would cost the club 500k per annum to drop the prices to the level we are talking about.

Football is increasingly becoming a rich mans game - this is why.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 13:29 - Dec 19 with 1398 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 13:19 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Yes, and then you admitted that there is no collectively. They are individuals. You said the directors own the club - you were and continue to be WRONG.

Yes Annis banned me for making him look a dozy twonk, similar to this, you are right.

Oh sorry i nearly forgot... Lolz.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 13:19]

No I never. Annis banned you because you were trolling the site and had more different names than you could shake a stick at.

This is awful from the club on 13:32 - Dec 19 with 1386 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 13:29 - Dec 19 by dgt73

No I never. Annis banned you because you were trolling the site and had more different names than you could shake a stick at.

Yes you did.

I have never trolled in my life, let alone on Annis' forum. Trolling is not simply being correct. What that has to do with clubs prices ill never know. Not like you to try and wriggle on to another topic when getting battered now is it.

Maybe you should go back to making jibes about illnesses next because far be it for you to actually concede you have been a bit of a plank.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 13:33]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 13:36 - Dec 19 with 1372 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 13:32 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Yes you did.

I have never trolled in my life, let alone on Annis' forum. Trolling is not simply being correct. What that has to do with clubs prices ill never know. Not like you to try and wriggle on to another topic when getting battered now is it.

Maybe you should go back to making jibes about illnesses next because far be it for you to actually concede you have been a bit of a plank.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 13:33]

No trolling is also changing your name every 5 mins when They didn't want you on that message board. If I get banned from here, i can assure you I won't be reinventing myself and coming back as townhill magic or some other ridiculous name.

This is awful from the club on 13:40 - Dec 19 with 1366 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 13:36 - Dec 19 by dgt73

No trolling is also changing your name every 5 mins when They didn't want you on that message board. If I get banned from here, i can assure you I won't be reinventing myself and coming back as townhill magic or some other ridiculous name.

No, that most certainly not trolling and i was never townhillmagic. I was banned by one mod who took a dislike to me after suggesting Tan was not a good owner, cornelius is not a good player and they have not stood up for their colours. All correct and sensible.

What you have described is posting when banned for making someone look silly. Quite a difference. You have done more trolling in this thread than i have done in all my years on football forums. Jibing someone about a mental illness is textbook trolling.

You still continue to take the discussion away from your losing position in order to discuss something completely irrelevant. You have made glaring errors, made yourself look silly, hold your hands up. You wont get ill I assure you.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 13:41]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 13:46 - Dec 19 with 1355 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 13:40 - Dec 19 by Parlay

No, that most certainly not trolling and i was never townhillmagic. I was banned by one mod who took a dislike to me after suggesting Tan was not a good owner, cornelius is not a good player and they have not stood up for their colours. All correct and sensible.

What you have described is posting when banned for making someone look silly. Quite a difference. You have done more trolling in this thread than i have done in all my years on football forums. Jibing someone about a mental illness is textbook trolling.

You still continue to take the discussion away from your losing position in order to discuss something completely irrelevant. You have made glaring errors, made yourself look silly, hold your hands up. You wont get ill I assure you.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 13:41]

I never said you were townhill magic. You were banned many times and should have respected their decision, simple as that. Its a cardiff forum let them get on with it. I have a read aamb but would never join, because I'd probably end up getting bogged down in silly arguments and would then run the risk of being a troll.

This is awful from the club on 13:50 - Dec 19 with 1348 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 13:46 - Dec 19 by dgt73

I never said you were townhill magic. You were banned many times and should have respected their decision, simple as that. Its a cardiff forum let them get on with it. I have a read aamb but would never join, because I'd probably end up getting bogged down in silly arguments and would then run the risk of being a troll.

Absolutely not. As i said you have done more trolling on this thread than any swans fan does or has done on there.

You continue to take the debate away from what we are discussing. Why in the world are you talking about Annis' forum when we were in the middle of discussing your incorrect view of the ownership of the club.

Like i said, it wouldn't hurt to admit you have been a plank sometimes and now is certainly one of those times as many contributors to this thread have noted. Stop digging.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 13:53 - Dec 19 with 1346 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 13:50 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Absolutely not. As i said you have done more trolling on this thread than any swans fan does or has done on there.

You continue to take the debate away from what we are discussing. Why in the world are you talking about Annis' forum when we were in the middle of discussing your incorrect view of the ownership of the club.

Like i said, it wouldn't hurt to admit you have been a plank sometimes and now is certainly one of those times as many contributors to this thread have noted. Stop digging.

Show me one post that proves I'm a troll.?
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 13:54]

This is awful from the club on 13:55 - Dec 19 with 1340 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 13:53 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Show me one post that proves I'm a troll.?
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 13:54]

Your jibe about mental health was disgusting. Whenever you are proven wrong you take the most ridiculously obtuse stance suggesting a fair debate is never your intention. You have gone way off topic time and time again to get personal.

This is trolling,

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024