Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is awful from the club 17:52 - Dec 18 with 32443 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's Guardian publishes details of costs to young people of supporting their club, including ticket prices, replica kits and mascot prices.

To my absolute horror I see that we charge more for youngsters to be a mascot than any other premier league club (well, the same as QPR). This is an utter disgrace. £450 when clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and both Liverpool clubs charge nothing.

Surely with the income we have we don't need to be ripping off local kids (or their parents) like this? What about the Swans mad youngster whose parents can't afford it? How do they feel? Is there any provision for this if parents simply can't, understandably, pay that amount?

I realise that from time to time we probably have kids doing it for a special reason and they don't, presumably, pay (illness related and so on) but this is just terrible in an area where people are hardly rolling in spare cash.

I had no idea that we charged this sort of money - sometimes every player has a mascot and we're charging this for all of them? It's awful. Is this something that is widely known ?
This is awful from the club on 14:52 - Dec 19 with 1748 viewsperchrockjack

sorry but "told by me "etc shows monumental arrogance in assuming your and they are right.

You re clearly either not listening up or simply showing contempt-

Nobody but nobody can assume they are right.

Apart from me

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This is awful from the club on 14:56 - Dec 19 with 1740 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 14:50 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Why in the world do you keep harping on about the cardiff forum?

You have been told by myself and other Swans fans that your understanding on the ownership of the club is completely and utterly wrong. No accusation of illness or swooning over Annis Abraham is going to change that fact. You are wrong and continue to be so.

Deal with it.

Smiley face, smiley face.

You may be right, or i maybe right who cares, thanks for the entertainment. It been a ball. merry Xmas to you and the rest on this crazy M/B.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 14:57]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

This is awful from the club on 14:57 - Dec 19 with 1729 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 14:56 - Dec 19 by dgt73

You may be right, or i maybe right who cares, thanks for the entertainment. It been a ball. merry Xmas to you and the rest on this crazy M/B.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 14:57]

Ah the old fishing get out clause. You were wrong.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This is awful from the club on 15:00 - Dec 19 with 1721 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 14:52 - Dec 19 by perchrockjack

sorry but "told by me "etc shows monumental arrogance in assuming your and they are right.

You re clearly either not listening up or simply showing contempt-

Nobody but nobody can assume they are right.

Apart from me

Perch, stop being so ridiculous.

Your name is Richie, of i told you it was Simon would you tell me it wasn't? Yes. Why? Because it is a fact.

The directors DO NOT own Swansea City. That statement isn't me assuming I'm right, that isn't me not listening, that isn't me showing contempt - that is me stating a fact.

If you want to pipe up and continue talking bollocks then feel free, but surely if you practice what you preach then surely when asked to clarify the inaccurate points you make you would be inclined to answer, instead of declining only to go into another similarly inaccurate rant.

What I'm saying is not opinion. It is fact.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 15:01]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 15:02 - Dec 19 with 1714 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 14:57 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Ah the old fishing get out clause. You were wrong.

Not fishing at all mate. When i spend this much time on here, it's because I'm in work, the wife would kill me if i spent this much time when at home. Merry Xmas. see you in the new year.

This is awful from the club on 15:02 - Dec 19 with 1711 viewsperchrockjack

What s your name?

This is awful from the club on 15:03 - Dec 19 with 1709 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 15:02 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Not fishing at all mate. When i spend this much time on here, it's because I'm in work, the wife would kill me if i spent this much time when at home. Merry Xmas. see you in the new year.

Yet you just said you were getting ready for work.

Hmmmm.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 15:04 - Dec 19 with 1707 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 15:02 - Dec 19 by perchrockjack

What s your name?

Parlay.

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

This is awful from the club on 15:04 - Dec 19 with 1697 viewsperchrockjack

what s your name

This is awful from the club on 15:05 - Dec 19 with 1693 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 15:04 - Dec 19 by perchrockjack

what s your name

Parlay

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 15:09 - Dec 19 with 1676 viewssixpenses

OK lets lay down some facts

All the shareholders are not Directors

(ans as I understand) All the Directors are not sharholders

All Shareholders own a stake in the club but not one shareholder nor any combination of shareholders without the Trust) own the club

The club is jointly owned by the combination of all shareholders complicated by the Trust where the organisation on behalf of it's Members hold the shares in Trust in this case t it is a body and not an individual - as indeed it may be with other shareholders whose shares are held by a company rather than an individual

The shares are merely worth what someone is willing to pay and if the Trust stand strong and show an ongoing committment to do the same as is it's perogative (and some may say absolute duty) then the shares may be worth very little.
This is awful from the club on 15:11 - Dec 19 with 1670 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 15:09 - Dec 19 by sixpenses

OK lets lay down some facts

All the shareholders are not Directors

(ans as I understand) All the Directors are not sharholders

All Shareholders own a stake in the club but not one shareholder nor any combination of shareholders without the Trust) own the club

The club is jointly owned by the combination of all shareholders complicated by the Trust where the organisation on behalf of it's Members hold the shares in Trust in this case t it is a body and not an individual - as indeed it may be with other shareholders whose shares are held by a company rather than an individual

The shares are merely worth what someone is willing to pay and if the Trust stand strong and show an ongoing committment to do the same as is it's perogative (and some may say absolute duty) then the shares may be worth very little.

Bingo.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 15:17 - Dec 19 with 1646 viewsperchrockjack

Where do you live
What s your job
How long you bee a fan
How many matches you go to//

This stuff defines you not to be an anonymous sage from od knows where..

Want me to be serious ? I ll induge you briefly.

MY CLUB is in PL ,in good shape, young willing manager good squad, devoted Chairman, Solid Board, but or some they aint enough. NoSir, some plainly wantin g Monk to fail to be prove correct on this site. Painful but true.

We have some - on here- plainly Looking to see the Trust and Phil Sumbler overthrown or simply hounded out of office and why.. People re doing this for the very dirtiest of reasons and I can See Phil walking away, to be replaced by ????

Your choice of language is deeply questionable..and offensive to many but you wont see it.
NOW listen up. I wasted enough time on you

This is awful from the club on 15:24 - Dec 19 with 1632 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 15:17 - Dec 19 by perchrockjack

Where do you live
What s your job
How long you bee a fan
How many matches you go to//

This stuff defines you not to be an anonymous sage from od knows where..

Want me to be serious ? I ll induge you briefly.

MY CLUB is in PL ,in good shape, young willing manager good squad, devoted Chairman, Solid Board, but or some they aint enough. NoSir, some plainly wantin g Monk to fail to be prove correct on this site. Painful but true.

We have some - on here- plainly Looking to see the Trust and Phil Sumbler overthrown or simply hounded out of office and why.. People re doing this for the very dirtiest of reasons and I can See Phil walking away, to be replaced by ????

Your choice of language is deeply questionable..and offensive to many but you wont see it.
NOW listen up. I wasted enough time on you

Ive not asked you any of those questions. This is a forum where personal details don't have to be put out there for the world. I give what i want to give, if you dislike that then tough titties.

What has Monk got to do with this? Monk is am excellent manager, MY CLUB is also in the Premier League, the board continue to do a job whether that is good or not is down to interpretation, good chairman? Yes absolutely.

None of that however detracts from the fact we are a club that is squeezing every penny it can out of the local community by charging like for like, amongst the highest prices in Europe for match tickets and the highest price in the premier league for young fan mascot packages.

We are in excellent shape on the field, behind the scenes is less so with the uncertainty of the americans and off it we are a shambles.

My language is as inoffensive as one could get. You have come storming in here talking a load of rubbish that nobody is allowed to state facts anymore and when pushed on that you decline to answer only to state the same load of guff.

By all means rant away, but dont rant at me in the future if you are too embarrassed to back it up when questioned.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 16:37 - Dec 19 with 1589 viewsDarran

“We also provide FREE mascot packages (same as above) on a regular basis (usually every game) for charities, good causes and those children that we feel are deserving or experiencing difficulties.’’

How awful from the club.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-team-mascot-cost-joint-expe

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is awful from the club on 16:43 - Dec 19 with 1574 viewsshandyjack

Reading the club statement is say you get a lot for your money

Poll: Expectation for the season

This is awful from the club on 17:07 - Dec 19 with 1548 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 16:37 - Dec 19 by Darran

“We also provide FREE mascot packages (same as above) on a regular basis (usually every game) for charities, good causes and those children that we feel are deserving or experiencing difficulties.’’

How awful from the club.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-team-mascot-cost-joint-expe

Thats great. It still doesnt address the issue that if your kid who isnt ill wants to be a mascot its going to cost you £450 the most in the Premier League though does it. Or are they making up for the free ones they give away, much like the walk up fan covers the cheap season tickets?

Like we have said there is a platform here, with people in charge which should have no other interest other than the club and fans, to make everybody happy. That is in every department including mascot packages. There is simply no scope to design the package around what the parent can afford. That is where the mistake is.

They can still have the full works £450 package if they must, but allow families to who again are from a working class area to be able to do this for their children and involve them in the club. This is basic stuff amd is not good enough from a club who claims to be in touch with its community.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 17:37 - Dec 19 with 1521 viewslondonlisa2001

This is awful from the club on 16:37 - Dec 19 by Darran

How awful from the club.

I'm sorry Darran but I still don't agree.

Fine - we add in a lot of 'other things' but it is still £450. If there was a cheaper version (without the frills if you like) then fine but there isn't.

It's a bit like saying - all season ticket holders now have to pay £1,500 a season, but we're going to give all of them gold club facilities. They can't choose to stay with what they have. We'd be getting more stuff yes, but it wouldn't change the fact that the season ticket price was now £1500 not £450.

So I still think it's awful. Good if they do stuff with charities etc of course, but still awful in general.

It's just my opinion.
This is awful from the club on 17:40 - Dec 19 with 1512 viewsDarran

This is awful from the club on 17:37 - Dec 19 by londonlisa2001

Fine - we add in a lot of 'other things' but it is still £450. If there was a cheaper version (without the frills if you like) then fine but there isn't.

It's a bit like saying - all season ticket holders now have to pay £1,500 a season, but we're going to give all of them gold club facilities. They can't choose to stay with what they have. We'd be getting more stuff yes, but it wouldn't change the fact that the season ticket price was now £1500 not £450.

So I still think it's awful. Good if they do stuff with charities etc of course, but still awful in general.

It's just my opinion.

Sorry Leesy Loo but I don't care if you agree.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is awful from the club on 17:58 - Dec 19 with 1497 viewslondonlisa2001

This is awful from the club on 17:40 - Dec 19 by Darran

Sorry Leesy Loo but I don't care if you agree.

I didn't assume for one moment you did to be honest.

This is awful from the club on 18:10 - Dec 19 with 1484 viewsskippyjack

This is awful from the club on 14:34 - Dec 19 by Parlay

1) you think someone suggesting another poster is mentally imbalanced wasnt supposed to cause offence? Don't talk wet.

2) I've not seen disabled people or women ridiculed.

3) we are talking facts Perch, facts. Not opinion.... Facts. Every poster has a right to tell someone they are wring when they have facts behind them. No director, singular or combination owns the club. Fact.

4) you are not sure dgt instigates abuse? Read the thread again and tell me who did then?

5) in what way is stating facts, being on a "wind up"?

6) investment means debt. Why would we want debt?

7) dont know what has got in your bonnet lately but you have lost all sense of perspective and... Well... Sense.

3) 'there are more stars in the universe than every grain of sand on every beach in the word' isn't fact. Scientific fact. Which is theorised. Therefore non fact (I'm using your logic by here)... Jonjo Shelvey doesn't lack football intelligence.. it's an opinion.. (I'm looking forward to his wriggling ) (he only talks about 'facts')

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

This is awful from the club on 18:17 - Dec 19 with 1478 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 17:37 - Dec 19 by londonlisa2001

It's just my opinion.

It's ok Lisa, your not the only person to end up looking a tw@t, by believing something they read in a newspaper and not checking out the facts. I once read in the daily sport there was a London double decker bus on the moon and i believed it.

This is awful from the club on 18:47 - Dec 19 with 1446 viewslondonlisa2001

This is awful from the club on 18:17 - Dec 19 by dgt73

It's ok Lisa, your not the only person to end up looking a tw@t, by believing something they read in a newspaper and not checking out the facts. I once read in the daily sport there was a London double decker bus on the moon and i believed it.

what on earth are you talking about?

I don't agree with the pricing at £450 as the cheapest option. Didn't yesterday, don't today. Don't give a crap what 'extras' they offer.

I haven't seen a breakdown of what other clubs offer as part of their package - have you?

If not, why are you making the assumption that they all offer something completely different for the money?

And even if they don't, the fact that you can only buy a 'super duper deluxe' version of being a mascot is crap. Offering 4 tickets? Most people whose kids are mascots probably have a season ticket anyway, so that falls into the category of 'being charged for stuff you don't need' doesn't it?
This is awful from the club on 18:52 - Dec 19 with 1433 viewsshandyjack

I may be missing the point here, but is anyone forcing people to pay this?? If you can't afford it then Don't pay it. If the demand is there and they have a waiting list at this price then why would they reduce it??
This run by the fan for the fan nonsense was all well and good in league 1 but we are in PL now and people need to realise the the directors need to do what's best for business first

Poll: Expectation for the season

This is awful from the club on 18:54 - Dec 19 with 1422 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 18:47 - Dec 19 by londonlisa2001

what on earth are you talking about?

I don't agree with the pricing at £450 as the cheapest option. Didn't yesterday, don't today. Don't give a crap what 'extras' they offer.

I haven't seen a breakdown of what other clubs offer as part of their package - have you?

If not, why are you making the assumption that they all offer something completely different for the money?

And even if they don't, the fact that you can only buy a 'super duper deluxe' version of being a mascot is crap. Offering 4 tickets? Most people whose kids are mascots probably have a season ticket anyway, so that falls into the category of 'being charged for stuff you don't need' doesn't it?

You failed to mention ( or should that be the newspaper article) the free mascot packages the club give to charity's and other needy children. Also correct me if I'm wrong ( but I'm not ) if the child is a season ticket holder or the parents the cost of the package will drop by the price of the match day ticket.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024