Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is awful from the club 17:52 - Dec 18 with 32460 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's Guardian publishes details of costs to young people of supporting their club, including ticket prices, replica kits and mascot prices.

To my absolute horror I see that we charge more for youngsters to be a mascot than any other premier league club (well, the same as QPR). This is an utter disgrace. £450 when clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and both Liverpool clubs charge nothing.

Surely with the income we have we don't need to be ripping off local kids (or their parents) like this? What about the Swans mad youngster whose parents can't afford it? How do they feel? Is there any provision for this if parents simply can't, understandably, pay that amount?

I realise that from time to time we probably have kids doing it for a special reason and they don't, presumably, pay (illness related and so on) but this is just terrible in an area where people are hardly rolling in spare cash.

I had no idea that we charged this sort of money - sometimes every player has a mascot and we're charging this for all of them? It's awful. Is this something that is widely known ?
This is awful from the club on 19:37 - Dec 18 with 1770 viewslondonlisa2001

This is awful from the club on 18:31 - Dec 18 by dgt73

So because the club uses some positive spin by using the term " fans club " that means we have to become a charity and also the cheapest in every regard lol. What next ?

no, of course not. But we shouldn't be the most expensive either surely?
This is awful from the club on 19:39 - Dec 18 with 1762 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 19:32 - Dec 18 by Darran

Well you don't so stop f*cking moaning.

I don't have a dog either but find dog baiting deplorable and dedicate some time to opposing it. If people only brought up issues that directly affected them then this world would be an even bigger mess than it is. Use some common sense now.

As a fan of this club i dont take the view that "im ok so everyone else can fck off", its not how a local club should be run and certainly not the philosophy jacks should be taking toward other jacks.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 19:40]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This is awful from the club on 19:41 - Dec 18 with 1755 viewsKilkennyjack

lisa is clearly correct ffs

Beware of the Risen People

This is awful from the club on 19:42 - Dec 18 with 1749 viewsDarran

This is awful from the club on 19:39 - Dec 18 by Parlay

I don't have a dog either but find dog baiting deplorable and dedicate some time to opposing it. If people only brought up issues that directly affected them then this world would be an even bigger mess than it is. Use some common sense now.

As a fan of this club i dont take the view that "im ok so everyone else can fck off", its not how a local club should be run and certainly not the philosophy jacks should be taking toward other jacks.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 19:40]

Well it doesn't affect you because you get your tickets cheap off your mate who only goes to the big games every time you fly home from Australia so stop f*cking moaning.

Talk about f*cking keeping on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is awful from the club on 19:45 - Dec 18 with 1733 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 19:42 - Dec 18 by Darran

Well it doesn't affect you because you get your tickets cheap off your mate who only goes to the big games every time you fly home from Australia so stop f*cking moaning.

Talk about f*cking keeping on.

Read that post you just quoted again.... Slowly.

Here it is....

"I don't have a dog either but find dog baiting deplorable and dedicate some time to opposing it. If people only brought up issues that directly affected them then this world would be an even bigger mess than it is. Use some common sense now.

As a fan of this club i dont take the view that "im ok so everyone else can fck off", its not how a local club should be run and certainly not the philosophy jacks should be taking toward other jacks."
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 19:46]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 19:46 - Dec 18 with 1730 viewsDarran

This is awful from the club on 19:45 - Dec 18 by Parlay

Read that post you just quoted again.... Slowly.

Here it is....

"I don't have a dog either but find dog baiting deplorable and dedicate some time to opposing it. If people only brought up issues that directly affected them then this world would be an even bigger mess than it is. Use some common sense now.

As a fan of this club i dont take the view that "im ok so everyone else can fck off", its not how a local club should be run and certainly not the philosophy jacks should be taking toward other jacks."
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 19:46]

Stop being a complete c*nt all the time you were editing it as I was typing.

This is awful from the club on 19:49 - Dec 18 with 1719 viewsNeath_Jack

Of course it's overpriced. People can try to justify it to themselves or others on here by stating you get a couple of £10 sweatshop kits, and a bit of grub, or other clubs have got more money etc etc. Load of bollocks, it's overpriced for any area, let alone a deprived one like south Wales.

But as long as people are willing to pay it, the price will stay the same/increase.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

This is awful from the club on 19:49 - Dec 18 with 1719 viewsDarran

Tell you one thing though there should be certain packages where you can turn down the 4 free tickets if you're season ticket holders and bring the price down by £180 (based on our last game) in my opinion.

Login to get fewer ads

This is awful from the club on 19:51 - Dec 18 with 1707 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 19:46 - Dec 18 by Darran

Stop being a complete c*nt all the time you were editing it as I was typing.

Eh?

Daz - "it doesnt affect you so stop saying it"

Me - "dog fighting doesnt affect me either but you should stand up for what you believe it, condoning fellow jacks being ripped off just because you are not is not the philosophy the club or fan should have"

Daz - "it doesnt affect you, you dont pay full price for your tickets due to your stance"

Me - *confused* "read my last post again"

Daz - "stop being a c*nt"

What is confusing you bud?

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 19:56 - Dec 18 with 1689 viewsDarran

This is awful from the club on 19:51 - Dec 18 by Parlay

Eh?

Daz - "it doesnt affect you so stop saying it"

Me - "dog fighting doesnt affect me either but you should stand up for what you believe it, condoning fellow jacks being ripped off just because you are not is not the philosophy the club or fan should have"

Daz - "it doesnt affect you, you dont pay full price for your tickets due to your stance"

Me - *confused* "read my last post again"

Daz - "stop being a c*nt"

What is confusing you bud?

This is why nobody takes you seriously on here.

Look I'm 100% wrong you didn't edit your post at 19:46 that I quoted whilst posting at 19:46 even though it's there in black and white you are correct and I am wrong.
Get it? You are right and I am very very wrong.

Bye.

This is awful from the club on 20:32 - Dec 18 with 1639 viewsMrSwerve

This is awful from the club on 19:30 - Dec 18 by Parlay

But it only isn't cheap because the club have decided to make it expensive. They don't automatically go hand in hand.

People that cant afford these tickets and have had recent bandwagon merchants take their seats probably would prefer a return to days where the club was surrounded by real fans where they were part of the club as opposed the being simply there to boost profits.

If i lived in Swansea with a family to feed on minimum wage id feel very let down by the club right now.

Generally more money = more competitive unforunately...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

This is awful from the club on 20:36 - Dec 18 with 1624 viewsItchySphincter

This is awful from the club on 19:30 - Dec 18 by Parlay

But it only isn't cheap because the club have decided to make it expensive. They don't automatically go hand in hand.

People that cant afford these tickets and have had recent bandwagon merchants take their seats probably would prefer a return to days where the club was surrounded by real fans where they were part of the club as opposed the being simply there to boost profits.

If i lived in Swansea with a family to feed on minimum wage id feel very let down by the club right now.

If you were trying to feed a family on min wage, as many are, football would be a luxury. Swansea is no different to any other club in that respect. Maybe people should give up their fags, or better still their Sky TV. It's self perpetuating and it's no secret we are cash rich due to TV and now we need it to pay the inflated wages for the superstars the fans demand. Football will eventually eat itself and fans get exactly what they deserve.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

This is awful from the club on 20:37 - Dec 18 with 1624 viewsskippyjack

Obviously pricing is scandalous.. even if you've got money.. it's scandalous.. we live in a scandalous country.. where nothing is fair

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

This is awful from the club on 20:38 - Dec 18 with 1624 views_

This is awful from the club on 18:01 - Dec 18 by londonlisa2001

well i will say this Pencoed - it is stuff like this that makes me wonder whether there is anything at all other than PR behind the 'fans for the fans' bit.

I note that the Guardian has a quote from the Trust saying it's too high, but come on - this isn't 'too high' it is absolutely shocking.

At 5 mascots per game for 19 homes games it's £43k - surely to God we don't need £43k so much that we are doing this to local children when we're bringing in £100m?

A comment from The Trust to say it's too high.....

Pathetic.

And that's just about all we get from them.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

This is awful from the club on 20:40 - Dec 18 with 1613 viewsItchySphincter

This is awful from the club on 19:49 - Dec 18 by Neath_Jack

Of course it's overpriced. People can try to justify it to themselves or others on here by stating you get a couple of £10 sweatshop kits, and a bit of grub, or other clubs have got more money etc etc. Load of bollocks, it's overpriced for any area, let alone a deprived one like south Wales.

But as long as people are willing to pay it, the price will stay the same/increase.

Bingo.

Ergo, whether you like it or not, it's not overpriced.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

This is awful from the club on 20:43 - Dec 18 with 1604 viewsMrSwerve

I think people need to accept something...

FOOTBALL IS NOT A WORKING CLASS SPORT ANYMORE.

It's a shame, but it's true. Unless you are following a lower L2 or Conference club and lower, it simply isn't a working class sport. I bet there are plenty of players in L2 now that are on 1-2k per week at least.

Compare it to other sports. Watching Wales play the rugby will set you back £50-100 depending on the opposition. I've paid £230 to watch the Formula One for one and a half hours ffs. So the price of Premier League football for us at around £30-40 isn't too bad. We aren't paying Steve f**king Watkin (as much as I loved him) to play for us, we are paying World class professionals who could play for most top teams in the World.

It isn't going to change, the only thing that would help is if we expanded the stadium, let more people in, and charge less. We simply can't start charging £15 a ticket anymore, it would be revenue lost, and football is a BUSINESS now.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

This is awful from the club on 20:45 - Dec 18 with 1597 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 19:56 - Dec 18 by Darran

This is why nobody takes you seriously on here.

Look I'm 100% wrong you didn't edit your post at 19:46 that I quoted whilst posting at 19:46 even though it's there in black and white you are correct and I am wrong.
Get it? You are right and I am very very wrong.

Bye.

What the hell has that got to do with anything? What was i supposed to have edited according to you then? Do you even know what you are saying?

I added the previous post with speech marks so you didn't have to scroll back up to read.

That changed anything how exactly?

You have been caught out looking a plum admit it.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 20:46 - Dec 18 with 1594 views_

Also there are some of the sites biggest plums trying to justify it. FFS unbelievable.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

This is awful from the club on 20:47 - Dec 18 with 1591 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 20:40 - Dec 18 by ItchySphincter

Bingo.

Of course it is over priced. Petrol is over priced too, but people will still buy and thus prices will remain high.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 20:49 - Dec 18 with 1587 viewsNeath_Jack

This is awful from the club on 20:40 - Dec 18 by ItchySphincter

Bingo.

Like it or not? Me?

Personally i couldn't give a toss, other than to pass comment on a football forum. It is overpriced, from the club run by fans, for the fans, snigger.

I love how sky tv and fags get brought up in these threads though, because thats right, every family/person struggling for money, naturally all have sky/fags/beer/iphones etc etc etc ad nauseum.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

This is awful from the club on 20:49 - Dec 18 with 1589 viewslondonlisa2001

This is awful from the club on 20:38 - Dec 18 by _

A comment from The Trust to say it's too high.....

Pathetic.

And that's just about all we get from them.

as I said - it's not "too high" it's shocking.
This is awful from the club on 20:52 - Dec 18 with 1576 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 20:43 - Dec 18 by MrSwerve

I think people need to accept something...

FOOTBALL IS NOT A WORKING CLASS SPORT ANYMORE.

It's a shame, but it's true. Unless you are following a lower L2 or Conference club and lower, it simply isn't a working class sport. I bet there are plenty of players in L2 now that are on 1-2k per week at least.

Compare it to other sports. Watching Wales play the rugby will set you back £50-100 depending on the opposition. I've paid £230 to watch the Formula One for one and a half hours ffs. So the price of Premier League football for us at around £30-40 isn't too bad. We aren't paying Steve f**king Watkin (as much as I loved him) to play for us, we are paying World class professionals who could play for most top teams in the World.

It isn't going to change, the only thing that would help is if we expanded the stadium, let more people in, and charge less. We simply can't start charging £15 a ticket anymore, it would be revenue lost, and football is a BUSINESS now.

I think we all realise this.

You either continue to fund the sport to rip off its fans or you make a stand. To ignore it and say "thats the way it is" solves nothing. The fact is, and it is a fact, if football fans stood side by side and demanded they are no longer to be ripped off - they would have to listen. People like Daz who doent work for a living and get their tickets paid for or people who can view from a privileged position can moan all they like that others are standing up for the community, but NOTHING will change while that attitude remains.

People complain about modern football and modern pricing and then do nothing about it and moan at others that do.

This is supposed to be our club is it not? Again the message seems confused.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 21:29 - Dec 18 with 1525 viewsDarran

This is awful from the club on 20:45 - Dec 18 by Parlay

What the hell has that got to do with anything? What was i supposed to have edited according to you then? Do you even know what you are saying?

I added the previous post with speech marks so you didn't have to scroll back up to read.

That changed anything how exactly?

You have been caught out looking a plum admit it.

You completely changed your post at the same time as I was quoting it it's there in black and White and like i said Dimi it's why nobody takes you seriously.
We're back to the is it a Swansea City shirt or a cake made to look like a Swansea City shirt again.

One things for sure though you definitely need some kind of therapy.

This is awful from the club on 21:39 - Dec 18 with 1504 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 21:29 - Dec 18 by Darran

You completely changed your post at the same time as I was quoting it it's there in black and White and like i said Dimi it's why nobody takes you seriously.
We're back to the is it a Swansea City shirt or a cake made to look like a Swansea City shirt again.

One things for sure though you definitely need some kind of therapy.

In what possible way could i change my post you clown? It is the exact same thing as what i said in the post previous ffs.

I am standing up for the awful prices.

You told me it doesn't affect me so i shouldn't be concerned

I told you exactly why that attitude is not helpful.

You continued to tell me that i shouldn't be concerned.

I questioned which part of the statement before is confusing you.

You realise you have come across a plum and are now talking about some editing bollocks only you know of and now heading down you usual fall back of mental health and therapy.

Get a job and stop being so vindictive.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 21:45 - Dec 18 with 1489 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We need investment to expand the stadium to give out cheaper tickets and free mascot days .

Let's start another thread .

Swansea city is a business & in order to survive in this league we the supporters have to pay the price .

Unless the above happens .

Some of you need to make your minds up .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024