Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is awful from the club 17:52 - Dec 18 with 32451 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's Guardian publishes details of costs to young people of supporting their club, including ticket prices, replica kits and mascot prices.

To my absolute horror I see that we charge more for youngsters to be a mascot than any other premier league club (well, the same as QPR). This is an utter disgrace. £450 when clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, both Manchester clubs and both Liverpool clubs charge nothing.

Surely with the income we have we don't need to be ripping off local kids (or their parents) like this? What about the Swans mad youngster whose parents can't afford it? How do they feel? Is there any provision for this if parents simply can't, understandably, pay that amount?

I realise that from time to time we probably have kids doing it for a special reason and they don't, presumably, pay (illness related and so on) but this is just terrible in an area where people are hardly rolling in spare cash.

I had no idea that we charged this sort of money - sometimes every player has a mascot and we're charging this for all of them? It's awful. Is this something that is widely known ?
This is awful from the club on 00:59 - Dec 19 with 1826 viewsskippyjack

This is awful from the club on 00:47 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Im not looking for anybody other than a general manager Skip. You describing yourself as being "thick as sh*t" doesn't fill a potential employer with great confidence either

Good luck.. I've seen a few post on here.. (f*cking easily manipulated..on for a bargain).. do you like contradicting yourself on every post?.. you can't expand your company on contradictions.. your manipulative style will only get you so far.. that's how you haven't gone beyond.. you don't know how.. confidence is an act.. honesty is everything.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

This is awful from the club on 01:04 - Dec 19 with 1822 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 00:59 - Dec 19 by skippyjack

Good luck.. I've seen a few post on here.. (f*cking easily manipulated..on for a bargain).. do you like contradicting yourself on every post?.. you can't expand your company on contradictions.. your manipulative style will only get you so far.. that's how you haven't gone beyond.. you don't know how.. confidence is an act.. honesty is everything.

I didn't understand that I'm afraid.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This is awful from the club on 01:07 - Dec 19 with 1808 viewsskippyjack

This is awful from the club on 01:04 - Dec 19 by Parlay

I didn't understand that I'm afraid.

You understand.. you don't know how.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

This is awful from the club on 01:08 - Dec 19 with 1804 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 01:07 - Dec 19 by skippyjack

You understand.. you don't know how.

I dont know how to what?

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 02:29 - Dec 19 with 1773 viewsCatullus

This is awful from the club on 00:46 - Dec 19 by _

Jesus Christ what a contrite and pathetic post.

I'm fed up of fans like your and Paul Neath Jack. It's your types that are killingour fans club ethos by blindly agreeing with every shit decision the greedy money grabbers are making.

This is a time for a reality check and a proper shake up. Look to Germany not America.

Totally agree with your last line. We have previously been hailed as a ground breaking club. A good example to anyone who wants to look.
Lets break new ground again. Lets follow German football. Lets expand the ground (to morevthan we need) and charge considerably less for tickets. Lets actually put the fans first!
Let us follow Bayern Munich's example, and they haven't done too badly.

All we need now is an 80,000 ground that's full most weeks!!!! Expanding to 27000 would be a good start.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

This is awful from the club on 05:37 - Dec 19 with 1750 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 00:24 - Dec 19 by Parlay

certainly is skip, send me your CV.

To what email address.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

This is awful from the club on 05:41 - Dec 19 with 1747 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 02:29 - Dec 19 by Catullus

Totally agree with your last line. We have previously been hailed as a ground breaking club. A good example to anyone who wants to look.
Lets break new ground again. Lets follow German football. Lets expand the ground (to morevthan we need) and charge considerably less for tickets. Lets actually put the fans first!
Let us follow Bayern Munich's example, and they haven't done too badly.

All we need now is an 80,000 ground that's full most weeks!!!! Expanding to 27000 would be a good start.

For one club in the PL to do that would be suicide, you would would need all the clubs to do it and that ain't going to happen any time soon.

This is awful from the club on 06:24 - Dec 19 with 1730 viewsAnotherJohn

Shocked by the news that mascots are charged so much. In an area like Swansea such a policy leaves children from working class backgrounds with no chance of that special treat. Even getting into a game stretches family finances to the limit, but being a mascot - well that is only for their betters. Lisa is right about that. I'm afraid this is another piece of news that hardens my attitude against the dividends taken out of the pot by the Directors.
Login to get fewer ads

This is awful from the club on 07:55 - Dec 19 with 1704 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 05:37 - Dec 19 by dgt73

To what email address.

My one.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 08:03 - Dec 19 with 1694 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 05:41 - Dec 19 by dgt73

For one club in the PL to do that would be suicide, you would would need all the clubs to do it and that ain't going to happen any time soon.

No it wouldn't. We have made £28m profit in the last 24 months. Probably £50m in the last 36 including the latest about to be released.

A more realistic pricing scheme would cost us about £500k after tax. And that is £28 per game, flat rate. Would it be suicide to have made £15.5m clear profit rather than £16m then?

Or to put it another way - a quarter of the dividend they paid themselves.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 08:04 - Dec 19 with 1691 viewsdobjack2

Premier league football is a commercial business driven by the demands of everyone who has a share of the money generated.

We are customers of that business and need to get our heads around that.

Whilst it is noble of the trust to say that the cost of being a match day mascot is too high (no disrespect but that is a contender for a "no sh!t Sherlock" award.

I have read about the meals and tickets etc. which are all part of a package.

Is there not more than one package available? If not why not?

Whilst I do not know the logistics involved, from the outside it does not seem insurmountable for the club to provide a range of mascot packages or even provide an individually tailored package for each mascot. If the will to do it is there I am sure that it can be done.

Providing a range of packages could make the opportunity to be a match day mascot affordable for more people.

It also would not necessarily reduce the money generated by the club if more people took up cheaper options - win/win.

Perhaps this is an issue for the trust board to take up and push for a range of packages to become available. If the club are for any reason unable to come up with more affordable packages the trust could take this issue back to members.

Just a few thoughts.
This is awful from the club on 08:08 - Dec 19 with 1686 viewsNeathJack

This is awful from the club on 00:46 - Dec 19 by _

Jesus Christ what a contrite and pathetic post.

I'm fed up of fans like your and Paul Neath Jack. It's your types that are killingour fans club ethos by blindly agreeing with every shit decision the greedy money grabbers are making.

This is a time for a reality check and a proper shake up. Look to Germany not America.

That's just your opinion. It means no more than anyone else's. No matter how loudly, often and obnoxiously you shout.
This is awful from the club on 08:14 - Dec 19 with 1677 viewsClinton

This is awful from the club on 23:19 - Dec 18 by dgt73

It would be much cheaper for a family of 4 for example to travel by car than by train. Fact.

What, even if they have a family Railcard, and buy advance purchase tickets? It can be very economical if you are prepared to travel off peak.
And what if the family of four could not afford a car in the first place, then they might have to hire a car and it could get quite expensive, especially if they selected to have the collision damage waiver.
I dispute your 'fact'.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

This is awful from the club on 08:29 - Dec 19 with 1657 viewsClinton

This is awful from the club on 06:24 - Dec 19 by AnotherJohn

Shocked by the news that mascots are charged so much. In an area like Swansea such a policy leaves children from working class backgrounds with no chance of that special treat. Even getting into a game stretches family finances to the limit, but being a mascot - well that is only for their betters. Lisa is right about that. I'm afraid this is another piece of news that hardens my attitude against the dividends taken out of the pot by the Directors.

if they didn't spend their time driving from Hammersmith to Bath they might be able to afford it. When they get to Bath they could ask the Somerset pea picker to explain the economics to them.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

This is awful from the club on 08:33 - Dec 19 with 1648 viewsperchrockjack

"contrite" wrong word used

"pitiful" beyond any

Be careful what you dream of

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This is awful from the club on 08:36 - Dec 19 with 1642 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 08:04 - Dec 19 by dobjack2

Premier league football is a commercial business driven by the demands of everyone who has a share of the money generated.

We are customers of that business and need to get our heads around that.

Whilst it is noble of the trust to say that the cost of being a match day mascot is too high (no disrespect but that is a contender for a "no sh!t Sherlock" award.

I have read about the meals and tickets etc. which are all part of a package.

Is there not more than one package available? If not why not?

Whilst I do not know the logistics involved, from the outside it does not seem insurmountable for the club to provide a range of mascot packages or even provide an individually tailored package for each mascot. If the will to do it is there I am sure that it can be done.

Providing a range of packages could make the opportunity to be a match day mascot affordable for more people.

It also would not necessarily reduce the money generated by the club if more people took up cheaper options - win/win.

Perhaps this is an issue for the trust board to take up and push for a range of packages to become available. If the club are for any reason unable to come up with more affordable packages the trust could take this issue back to members.

Just a few thoughts.

Thats not entirely true though is it.

We are not customers of the Premier League, they do not set the pricing. We are customers of Swansea City like we always have been. The Premier League don't charge us £45 a game and our kids £450 a match to be a mascot.... Swansea City FC does.

We pride ourselves on making our fan king yet bleed them dry. We have created a platform at Swansea where the limits can be pushed as we don't have (or shouldn't have) any self serving owners. We should be able to bear the fruits of our 12 year journey by now being able to set the standard for how things are done in the UK. Pioneers are made from situations like ours.

Do we? Do we hell. Greed takes over.

As for your range of pricing packages for the mascot - couldn't agree more. Excellent idea.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 8:38]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 08:37 - Dec 19 with 1639 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 08:14 - Dec 19 by Clinton

What, even if they have a family Railcard, and buy advance purchase tickets? It can be very economical if you are prepared to travel off peak.
And what if the family of four could not afford a car in the first place, then they might have to hire a car and it could get quite expensive, especially if they selected to have the collision damage waiver.
I dispute your 'fact'.

It's ok if you have time to book, but if you have to make a spur of the moment trip from Swansea to London its £80 and to venture into whether someone can afford a car is ridiculous, the fact is if I'd had to travel to London today with short notice it would be cheaper to travel by car. Also not an option to travel off-peak if you are comuting to work.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 8:41]

This is awful from the club on 08:39 - Dec 19 with 1632 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 08:03 - Dec 19 by Parlay

No it wouldn't. We have made £28m profit in the last 24 months. Probably £50m in the last 36 including the latest about to be released.

A more realistic pricing scheme would cost us about £500k after tax. And that is £28 per game, flat rate. Would it be suicide to have made £15.5m clear profit rather than £16m then?

Or to put it another way - a quarter of the dividend they paid themselves.

We made a profit from selling players, so would you be happy if we sell Bony to finance cheap mascot packages and tickets etc.

This is awful from the club on 08:40 - Dec 19 with 1630 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 08:37 - Dec 19 by dgt73

It's ok if you have time to book, but if you have to make a spur of the moment trip from Swansea to London its £80 and to venture into whether someone can afford a car is ridiculous, the fact is if I'd had to travel to London today with short notice it would be cheaper to travel by car. Also not an option to travel off-peak if you are comuting to work.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 8:41]

Swansea to London is £25 or £40 return (no bridge fee).

It is certainly not cheaper to drive.

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 08:42 - Dec 19 with 1624 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 08:39 - Dec 19 by dgt73

We made a profit from selling players, so would you be happy if we sell Bony to finance cheap mascot packages and tickets etc.

What players did we sell when we posted our last profits of £16m? How much of it (as they would be amortised) makes up that £16m. And that year what was our net spend on players?

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 08:43 - Dec 19 with 1618 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 08:40 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Swansea to London is £25 or £40 return (no bridge fee).

It is certainly not cheaper to drive.

Please tell more I'm interested

This is awful from the club on 08:49 - Dec 19 with 1606 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 08:43 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Please tell more I'm interested

Swansea to London is 15 euros (£12)

London to Swansea is 27 euros (£21).

£33 return.

http://www.checkmybus.com/london/swansea
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 8:50]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 08:50 - Dec 19 with 1600 viewsdgt73

This is awful from the club on 08:42 - Dec 19 by Parlay

What players did we sell when we posted our last profits of £16m? How much of it (as they would be amortised) makes up that £16m. And that year what was our net spend on players?

Since we have been in the prem, we have made money on Rodgers and his back room staff, Sinclair, Allen and just those amounts to close on £30 million

This is awful from the club on 08:54 - Dec 19 with 1593 viewsParlay

This is awful from the club on 08:50 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Since we have been in the prem, we have made money on Rodgers and his back room staff, Sinclair, Allen and just those amounts to close on £30 million

Thats not what I asked.

The correct answer is of course, £8.2m profit last year if we didn't account for player dealings.

Also, that was before Sky increased their payments to Premier League clubs and took our income to £26.6m MORE than the period you refer to.

So no, i wouldn't be happy to sell Bony in exchange for less ridiculous pricing. But would be more than happy for the club to make 500k less profit than they do to look after the fans the claim to hold most important.

Or they could give themselves a £1.9m dividend instead of a £2.4m dividend. How about that?
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 8:59]

Forum celebrity

This is awful from the club on 08:58 - Dec 19 with 1585 views_

This is awful from the club on 08:33 - Dec 19 by perchrockjack

"contrite" wrong word used

"pitiful" beyond any

Be careful what you dream of

Move on with your insane ramblings... Turn to the man above for help or your local psychiatric ward.....not me.

Every single one of this mug's posts are about me.

GO AWAY

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024