Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? 20:46 - Dec 18 with 2835 viewsGlyn1

Here's the bank analyst's letter:

http://blog.squandertwo.net/2014/12/an-open-letter-to-russell-brand.html?m=1

and here's Russell Brand's reply:

http://www.russellbrand.com/2014/12/8164/

Who's the winner?!

UPDATE: You have to read BOTH letters before you pronounce your verdict.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 22:21]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 01:56 - Dec 19 with 1355 viewscontroversial_jack

Brand is definitely on the right track, however his delivery is not always the best, but he's not a trained politician. Good work Russell, keep it up!
Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 02:11 - Dec 19 with 1345 viewsCatullus

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 01:50 - Dec 19 by Parlay

He said vote if there is something worth voting for. If you believe he was encouraging people not to vote then by proxy you must concede there is nothing worth voting for. His wealth is personal and not made from taxes or indeed taking money from the underserved. His show on youtube "thetrews" has more followers than any of the political twitter or social media feeds out there, to suggest he is not having a positive effect on the youth of Britains interest in politics then that is just naive.

This whole, he has made money here and he has made money there argument is so old hat and doesn't really hold any weight. We are in a capitalist society, he is against that but cannot change it, whist we are in this capitalist society then of course he will get paid work, to suggest otherwise is lunacy.

Nobody is saying Brand is the answer, neither is he for that matter. He is not a politician, surely by that theory everyone who votes and thus has an opinion on the way the country is run should also stand for office? He is currently the mouthpiece for the underserved areas of society, nothing more, nothing less and is doing an excellent job almost single handedly.

And you sir are either on a wind up, or you lack perception. The only excellent job Brand is doing, is self promotion.
He turns up at events where he's not wanted, he hogs the camera until awkward questions get asked. Then he slinks off to carry on his debauched life.
This leopard hasn't changed his spots. Hes a bully, a hypocrite and has an inflated ego, I would actually suggest he is perfect politician material. Oh and he's rich too, just like most of our esteemed leaders.........yes that was sarcasm!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 02:17 - Dec 19 with 1335 viewsParlay

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 02:11 - Dec 19 by Catullus

And you sir are either on a wind up, or you lack perception. The only excellent job Brand is doing, is self promotion.
He turns up at events where he's not wanted, he hogs the camera until awkward questions get asked. Then he slinks off to carry on his debauched life.
This leopard hasn't changed his spots. Hes a bully, a hypocrite and has an inflated ego, I would actually suggest he is perfect politician material. Oh and he's rich too, just like most of our esteemed leaders.........yes that was sarcasm!

Not the old "you sir" posts, please no.

The man is a movie star, sells out comedy tours and gets asked to present major award ceremonies such is his profile. He doesn't need to self promote.

People are far too caught up in what he is and what he thinks of himself. It means his content is doing far more nerve hitting than is comfortable. Just like this messageboard, as soon as i have someone about to wave the white flag they start ignoring the content of the debate and start brining up things like me living in Australia. Absolute nonsense.

He has put the wind up a lot of people and they dont like it. Not one bit.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 03:04 - Dec 19 with 1326 viewsCatullus

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 02:17 - Dec 19 by Parlay

Not the old "you sir" posts, please no.

The man is a movie star, sells out comedy tours and gets asked to present major award ceremonies such is his profile. He doesn't need to self promote.

People are far too caught up in what he is and what he thinks of himself. It means his content is doing far more nerve hitting than is comfortable. Just like this messageboard, as soon as i have someone about to wave the white flag they start ignoring the content of the debate and start brining up things like me living in Australia. Absolute nonsense.

He has put the wind up a lot of people and they dont like it. Not one bit.

Eh? I never mentioned Australia, and I'm nowhere near a white flag.

Brand is part of the problem, not the solution.

Goodnight.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 07:55 - Dec 19 with 1302 viewsParlay

I wasnt referring to you.

Brand the problem? Dont be so daft.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 08:52 - Dec 19 with 1290 viewsJackSomething

While I have no strong feelings about Brand one way or the other (at least not since the Andrew Sachs incident, which was certainly unpleasant), I'm amazed at the vitriol he attracts for daring to express an opinion.

It's as if people are saying that because he's rich and famous, he should be happy with that and not dare to try and use his fame to bring attention to issues that affect all of us (economy, political system, drugs).

I'm not sure I can believe he's doing it for the fame either. He's always been a divisive figure, but surely all the attention round him at the moment is doing nothing but harming his profile. His fans loved him already, so his activism is not affecting that, but it probably is costing him casual fans or people who may have wanted to check out his shows or watch one of his films.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 13:21 - Dec 19 with 1250 viewsperchrockjack

js.
Its simply a case of ye another self important tosser taking the left populist viewfully prepared to milk his agenda for himself.
If he s figurehead for youngsters then it says it all about us.

Like many his ilk he doesn't d debate, just shouts long and hard and it mpresss someno doubt.

TRULY ,we re troubled if he is taking seriously orgiven an credence whatsever.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 15:55 - Dec 19 with 1222 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Brand is spot on .

He just needs to brush up in his debating , he's upsetting all the Tories and those to the right of the Tories all over Britain .
Bless their little hearts .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 17:03 - Dec 19 with 1199 viewsperchrockjack

Good to disagree tom.

haven t got over the "figurehead" post yet

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 17:16 - Dec 19 with 1197 viewsGreatBritton

A lot of what Brand says is unimpeachable. Some of what he's done not so much, though I've spoken to Andrew Sachs's granddaughter and she claimed to find the whole affair rather amusing.

I do not believe he is seeking publicity in his political observations/rants. He can feed that inner beast easily enough in his showbiz life.

I do believe he is attracting interest in politics in young people in this country and I find this encouraging. Why do some posters fear him, for that is what I infer in the anti-Brand responses here?
Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 17:22 - Dec 19 with 1190 viewsjojaca

I'm with anybody who's against the banks. They should let them fail in 2008, they are more corrupt than ever. Watch Keiser Report on RT!!!

Even when you know, you never know?

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 17:52 - Dec 19 with 1176 viewsLohengrin

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 15:55 - Dec 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

Brand is spot on .

He just needs to brush up in his debating , he's upsetting all the Tories and those to the right of the Tories all over Britain .
Bless their little hearts .

This saga looks set to take an even more comedic turn now that La Brand has "embraced the magnificent ideas" of David Icke. A libidinous, loquacious Sancho Panza to Dave's Quixote?

There's a sit-com in there, surely?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 18:09 - Dec 19 with 1160 viewsreddythered

I'm somewhat curious as to why people believe Brand shouldn't be questioned.

His confident and producer of his youtube stuff is Johann Hari; a nice bedfellow indeed. Not too difficult to read up on Hari's exploits.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/bagehot/2011/09/unethical-journalism

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-a-perso

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Hari

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/steerpike/2014/09/russell-brand-and-johann-hari-the
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 19:45]

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 19:11 - Dec 19 with 1138 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 17:22 - Dec 19 by jojaca

I'm with anybody who's against the banks. They should let them fail in 2008, they are more corrupt than ever. Watch Keiser Report on RT!!!

See the bigger picture mun!

If the banks were left to fail back in 2008. 100's of thousands of people would have been put out of work and on to the dole pretty much over night. The state then pays. The fallout would have plummeted most developed countries into utter carnage and every single person would get affected. Although those who had already earned all their coin with banker bonuses would be not so badly hit.

Punish those at the top and those who fck things up with imprisonment.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 20:25 - Dec 19 with 1109 viewsperchrockjack

People should realise one thing.
We need banks and we need them to make a profit so they can lend money.

BANKS FAIL ,WE ALL FAIL..

I had money in Icelandic bank and would have sttod to lose it all so Im thankful for the help and safety of our government and its banking system for saving it.
SADLY, the left sees banks as the enemy..
However, fraud in a senior banking position should be a grave offence

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 21:41 - Dec 19 with 1124 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 20:25 - Dec 19 by perchrockjack

People should realise one thing.
We need banks and we need them to make a profit so they can lend money.

BANKS FAIL ,WE ALL FAIL..

I had money in Icelandic bank and would have sttod to lose it all so Im thankful for the help and safety of our government and its banking system for saving it.
SADLY, the left sees banks as the enemy..
However, fraud in a senior banking position should be a grave offence

And there lies the truth Perch

Iceland chucked a couple of corrupt bankers who caused the collapse.

Now nobody wants the banks to fail at all indeed they are keeping the interest rates nice& low for us mere mortals ,but everyone with an ounce of fairness is totally Fu cked off with their curruption ,miss selling and insider dealings .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 01:45 - Dec 20 with 1095 viewsGlyn1

American investors see a good opportunity and buy a council estate in east London (about a mile from the financial district) * plan to evict most of the tenants * more than double the rent for the rest * and sell the empty properties for pots of money.

And seriously, what is wrong with that? These are not bad people, they are just out to get as much profit as possible.

Russell Brand helps to publicise the protest and the Americans pull out. Could the tenants have done it without the help of this local boy? Who knows but his assistance didn't hurt.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-era-estate-tenants-facing-4841191
[Post edited 20 Dec 2014 1:47]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 17:37 - Dec 20 with 1038 viewsCatullus

Bank analyst v Russell Brand - who do YOU think wins the argument? on 01:45 - Dec 20 by Glyn1

American investors see a good opportunity and buy a council estate in east London (about a mile from the financial district) * plan to evict most of the tenants * more than double the rent for the rest * and sell the empty properties for pots of money.

And seriously, what is wrong with that? These are not bad people, they are just out to get as much profit as possible.

Russell Brand helps to publicise the protest and the Americans pull out. Could the tenants have done it without the help of this local boy? Who knows but his assistance didn't hurt.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-era-estate-tenants-facing-4841191
[Post edited 20 Dec 2014 1:47]

Nobody agreed with what the Americans were doing. But I didn't see much of the protest on tv, just Brands mug leering out.

Watching him shouting down all discourse he disagreed with was truly disgusting. He's nothing but a bully.
His performance on QT showed what he really is. There were protestors on that march who didn't want him there.
If he really wants change (and as someone said to him on QT) show some balls and stand!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024