Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for the Trust to answer please 20:49 - Dec 18 with 15253 views_

Bulk Vending received £90k+ in the last set of accounts, that's Leigh Dineens company. This is on top of his salary.

Can you explain what Bulk Vending are exactly invoicing the club for?

Can you find this out by Monday 22nd December by any chance?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:20 - Dec 19 with 1265 viewsDarran

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:05 - Dec 19 by Neath_Jack

Doesn't make for good reading does it.

Bring 100% serious again it's been like this for years whilst we've risen to the top.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:22 - Dec 19 with 1254 viewsShaky

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:11 - Dec 19 by pierre91

....will you permit me to ease your intrigue?

Perhaps, just perhaps mind you, it takes more determination to follow through a "mud sticks" post on an anonymous Internet thread and tuns it into a coherent, evidence- based query to the Club on a pertinent point that seems to suggest some form of collusion, - one, moreover, that is patently obvious would compromise us not only as "media darlings" but would be against the law.

People who make that sort of insinuation (disguised as a simple query) should have the gumption to follow it through.

Or desist.

Evidence based query?

He is merely asking for information, and according the Uxbridge that is as simple as pasting his question "Can you explain what Bulk Vending are exactly invoicing the club for? " to one of the numerous available contact options.

For me it's a perfectly honest question. Do you disagree with that or do you believe it is a waste of the Trust's time dealing with questions from its membership? Serious question.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:23 - Dec 19 with 1252 viewsShaky

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:06 - Dec 19 by The_Doorman

Yawn.

I am genuinely confused. Were you threatening me?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:34 - Dec 19 with 1214 viewsSwanseajill

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:20 - Dec 19 by Darran

Bring 100% serious again it's been like this for years whilst we've risen to the top.

Yes risen to the top. It could be about failure...about going out of the football league due to massive debts and the Inland revenue demanding payment.

There are always some that want to knock down success, and mud sling at those that have brought that success to Its fruition and hopefully beyond.
Question for the Trust to answer please on 16:36 - Dec 19 with 1207 viewsLeonisGod

No problem with asking questions like this, but I don't think this is the right place. Try contacting the trust directly. And then you can come back and tell us what you find out.
Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:37 - Dec 19 with 1212 viewspierre91

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:22 - Dec 19 by Shaky

Evidence based query?

He is merely asking for information, and according the Uxbridge that is as simple as pasting his question "Can you explain what Bulk Vending are exactly invoicing the club for? " to one of the numerous available contact options.

For me it's a perfectly honest question. Do you disagree with that or do you believe it is a waste of the Trust's time dealing with questions from its membership? Serious question.

...I think you already know the answer. No, it is not a waste of the Trust's time dealing with questions from it's Membership. It is important that they do so.

I do, however, believe that sometimes people deliver their "two-pennorth" with a vaguely disguised insinuation/agenda.

What I'm suggesting is that if Chris has a legitimate right to ask such a question (and he has), wouldn't it be more pertinent if he could point out that one firm had benefited unfairly at the expense of both another and our Club?

If, as a result of his question and any response we had more transparency, I think most of ours fans would be either enlightened, grateful, or both.

By all means let's have open governance without compromise, but there are surely appropriate channels. Btw, I think the Guardian were right to publish Edward Snowden's revelations too. And Chelsea Manning's.

Bugger, there's me labelled then!
Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:38 - Dec 19 with 1204 viewsDyfnant

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 15:50 - Dec 19 by Flashberryjack

I agree, Leigh Dineen gets a salary from the club, his business gets income from the club, he gets dividend payments from the club.
Nice.

I hope he doesn't buy the match day flyer

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:40 - Dec 19 with 1191 viewsShaky

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:37 - Dec 19 by pierre91

...I think you already know the answer. No, it is not a waste of the Trust's time dealing with questions from it's Membership. It is important that they do so.

I do, however, believe that sometimes people deliver their "two-pennorth" with a vaguely disguised insinuation/agenda.

What I'm suggesting is that if Chris has a legitimate right to ask such a question (and he has), wouldn't it be more pertinent if he could point out that one firm had benefited unfairly at the expense of both another and our Club?

If, as a result of his question and any response we had more transparency, I think most of ours fans would be either enlightened, grateful, or both.

By all means let's have open governance without compromise, but there are surely appropriate channels. Btw, I think the Guardian were right to publish Edward Snowden's revelations too. And Chelsea Manning's.

Bugger, there's me labelled then!

Thanks for the clarification.

I read you post and got the mild impression you might be arguing that potentially uncomfortable issues should be swept under the carpet. Glad to see that isn't the case.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:45 - Dec 19 with 1173 viewslondonlisa2001

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:22 - Dec 19 by Shaky

Evidence based query?

I'm not being remotely sarcastic here, but surely the answer that would come back is 'vending'.

I think that the actual question that T2C is asking is wider than that. He seems, to me at least, to actually be asking if the contract for vending (which i imagine includes those tea / coffee machines, plus water coolers, plus various supplies for the machines etc) is the most competitive tender that the club received and what due diligence was done to ensure that it's the best value option.

Wider again than that, I think he's saying that whatever the answer to that question, he doesn't believe as a point of principle that the contract should be awarded to a related party, whatever the financial implications of a switch.

Therefore, is there an answer that the Trust could give which would be satisfactory?

Because it seems to me at least, that his actual question surrounds the principle of contracts with related parties, not really about vending machines. It would also seem that if that is the case, a quick note on a message board isn't the way to address what is a perfectly valid question (in my view).

Now, as I understand it, there is a complication in that the SD is also someone subject to the type of contract that T2C wishes to discuss as a matter of principle. If that is the case, then I would think that there are mechanisms within the Trust where the SD would need to recuse himself from that discussion, as an interested party and leave the matter to the wider Trust Board.

However, it is the nature of the Trust structure, that if the Trust Board decided that they were perfectly happy with arrangements and that they didn't want to pursue it further, then the only course for T2C or anyone else that disagreed with that would be to stand for election themselves.

It also could be the case, of course, that the Trust Board did decide to raise it to the club board and they may even call for a vote on the matter. Again, the directors concerned SHOULD recuse themselves as interested parties and leave those that are not directly affected to vote. Once that happens, again, if the Board of the club decide that they are happy wit things as are, there would be nothing the Trust could do (other than theoretically raise it at the AGM for a vote, which given the overlap between directors and shareholders would probably be pointless).
Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:46 - Dec 19 with 1171 viewsThe_Doorman

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:23 - Dec 19 by Shaky

I am genuinely confused. Were you threatening me?

You carry on being intrigued and confused kiddo.

Tell me, how do you feel GM should approach tomorrow's match against Hull City?
Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:52 - Dec 19 with 1143 viewsShaky

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:46 - Dec 19 by The_Doorman

You carry on being intrigued and confused kiddo.

Tell me, how do you feel GM should approach tomorrow's match against Hull City?

Attack.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Question for the Trust to answer please on 17:30 - Dec 19 with 1098 viewsDr_Winston

Question for the Trust to answer please on 15:19 - Dec 19 by the_oracle

In response to the original post shouldn't the question be, Should the club's Commercial Director (Leigh Dineen) be giving contracts to a business called BVS (owned by the Dineen family)? The answer should be yes, as long as the contract was put out to tender and the most competitive price for the service was agreed.

The answer is no, as someone involved in awarding contracts for the club shouldn't be winning them. That's a clear conflict of interest.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 17:51 - Dec 19 with 1066 viewsNeath_Jack

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:20 - Dec 19 by Darran

So that makes it ok?

If that happened for the company i work for, and i dare say, many many other organisations, the person concerned would be out on his earhole in fairness. A massive conflict of interest however people want to romanticise our rise to the top.

I for one never knew that his company took that amount of filthy lucre out of the club on top of his salary.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 17:58 - Dec 19 with 1049 viewsskippyjack

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:34 - Dec 19 by Swanseajill

Yes risen to the top. It could be about failure...about going out of the football league due to massive debts and the Inland revenue demanding payment.

There are always some that want to knock down success, and mud sling at those that have brought that success to Its fruition and hopefully beyond.

They never would've enjoyed their success if it wasn't for fans input.. we're just the customers these days.. we've all played a part in this rise.. and none of the fans are being rewarded for it are they?.. instead they'd rather hike prices and rip us off.. selling doesn't seem a bad idea at this point.. and T2C is correct.. our demands are not being met.. our expansion has been delayed because of 'investment' issues.. our catering facilities are still a mess.. our 'global' marketing has finally started 3 years too late..
our cities future supporters are being delayed the chance to watch the swans at affordable rates.. all in the name of dividends and financial security for the soon to be incompetent sell outs...

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 17:58 - Dec 19 with 1048 viewsDarran

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 17:51 - Dec 19 by Neath_Jack

So that makes it ok?

If that happened for the company i work for, and i dare say, many many other organisations, the person concerned would be out on his earhole in fairness. A massive conflict of interest however people want to romanticise our rise to the top.

I for one never knew that his company took that amount of filthy lucre out of the club on top of his salary.

Well it's never been a secret and it's also never been a secret that people were giving their services free when we were in the shit either.

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 18:01 - Dec 19 with 1034 viewsNeath_Jack

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 17:58 - Dec 19 by Darran

Well it's never been a secret and it's also never been a secret that people were giving their services free when we were in the shit either.

And that also makes it ok then.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 18:02 - Dec 19 with 1031 viewsskippyjack

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 17:51 - Dec 19 by Neath_Jack

So that makes it ok?

It's a part of his dividend package..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 18:04 - Dec 19 with 1024 viewsDarran

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 18:01 - Dec 19 by Neath_Jack

And that also makes it ok then.

I'm not particularly bothered about it myself in the same way I wasn't bothered when Huw Cooze company was printing programmes for free when we didn't have a pot to piss in for instance.

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 18:05 - Dec 19 with 1017 viewsNeath_Jack

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 18:04 - Dec 19 by Darran

I'm not particularly bothered about it myself in the same way I wasn't bothered when Huw Cooze company was printing programmes for free when we didn't have a pot to piss in for instance.

Apology accepted.

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 18:06 - Dec 19 with 1018 viewsjackonicko

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 18:02 - Dec 19 by skippyjack

It's a part of his dividend package..

It's not.
Question for the Trust to answer please on 18:06 - Dec 19 with 1016 viewsSwanseajill

Question for the Trust to answer please on 17:30 - Dec 19 by Dr_Winston

The answer is no, as someone involved in awarding contracts for the club shouldn't be winning them. That's a clear conflict of interest.

I believe it would be the same in all football clubs, or in many of them at a guess.

It's not The House of Parliment and a conflict of interest, but who puts in the best tender.
Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 18:08 - Dec 19 with 1010 viewsDarran

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 18:05 - Dec 19 by Neath_Jack

Apology accepted.

I'm not apologising for f*ck all you swine.

And some people are too f*cking thick to understand that BV didn't clear £90k too.
(That's not aimed at you J)

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 18:10 - Dec 19 with 1006 viewsdgt73

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 18:04 - Dec 19 by Darran

Good call. I'm now convinced that there is a small minority of w@nkers ( I won't call them fans ) who have attached themselves to the club and will only be happy when relegation arrives, so they can climb on to their high horses to say "I told you so". Well f*ck em.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 18:13 - Dec 19 with 991 viewsDarran

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 18:10 - Dec 19 by dgt73

Good call. I'm now convinced that there is a small minority of w@nkers ( I won't call them fans ) who have attached themselves to the club and will only be happy when relegation arrives, so they can climb on to their high horses to say "I told you so". Well f*ck em.

Well I wouldn't put Neath_Jack in that category but I know what you mean.

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 18:15 - Dec 19 with 984 viewsFlashberryjack

Question for the Trust to answer pleaser on 16:38 - Dec 19 by Dyfnant

I hope he doesn't buy the match day flyer

If he does, I hope he has more luck than me.

I don't really, he's got enough £££££.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024