Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Hobbit...battle of the Five Armies 23:54 - Dec 18 with 1472 viewsLord_Bony

Highly recommended ...I loved Lord of the rings but hated the first Hobbit.

This more than makes up for it...the final LOTR movie...

Breathtaking battle scenes.. In cinemas now

[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 23:56]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Hobbit...battle of the Five Armies on 00:19 - Dec 19 with 1450 viewssixpenses

Glad you enjoyed it, looking forward to this so goodness knows how we ended up watching get Santa on Wednesday
The Hobbit...battle of the Five Armies on 00:34 - Dec 21 with 1347 viewsHighjack

I love Tolkien's work. The way he brought that world of his to life with such colour and depth really captivated me growing up and I've always loved it and returned to it since. I have read everything from the Silmarillion all the way through to Unfinished Tales and I would consider myself a bit of an expert which I admit makes me look like a bit of a sad tw@t.

The Lord of the Rings movies were tolerable, there were a few little frustrations (Elves turning up at Helms Deep, No Tom Bombadil or Scouring of the Shire etc) but all in all it was in good spirit.

When we come to The Hobbit movies however, Radagast the f*cking Brown (Who doesn't even f*cking appear in the book) turning up for no reason pulled on some sort of Rabbit powered magical glittery sledge was a step too far. Some random Elf (Who is made up and not in the book) falling in love with a Dwarf would have Tolkien spinning in his grave so fast he could have easily dug himself out of there. It reminded me of that Team America song about Michael Bay making Pearl Harbor into a love story. You've completely missed the point.

Rant over.

Merry Christmas.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Hobbit...battle of the Five Armies on 09:00 - Dec 21 with 1294 viewsGowerjack

The Hobbit...battle of the Five Armies on 00:34 - Dec 21 by Highjack

I love Tolkien's work. The way he brought that world of his to life with such colour and depth really captivated me growing up and I've always loved it and returned to it since. I have read everything from the Silmarillion all the way through to Unfinished Tales and I would consider myself a bit of an expert which I admit makes me look like a bit of a sad tw@t.

The Lord of the Rings movies were tolerable, there were a few little frustrations (Elves turning up at Helms Deep, No Tom Bombadil or Scouring of the Shire etc) but all in all it was in good spirit.

When we come to The Hobbit movies however, Radagast the f*cking Brown (Who doesn't even f*cking appear in the book) turning up for no reason pulled on some sort of Rabbit powered magical glittery sledge was a step too far. Some random Elf (Who is made up and not in the book) falling in love with a Dwarf would have Tolkien spinning in his grave so fast he could have easily dug himself out of there. It reminded me of that Team America song about Michael Bay making Pearl Harbor into a love story. You've completely missed the point.

Rant over.

Merry Christmas.

Agree with all that

I could read the book in less time then it takes to watch just the 1st film

And thats just not right

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Hobbit...battle of the Five Armies on 17:53 - Dec 21 with 1244 viewsexiledclaseboy

These films are nothing to do with bringing life to Tolkien's work. If Jackson just wanted to do that he'd have made one two-hour stand alone Hobbit movie. Jackson should be hung, drawn and quartered for these abominations.

Poll: Tory leader

The Hobbit...battle of the Five Armies on 17:55 - Dec 21 with 1240 viewsDarran

The Hobbit...battle of the Five Armies on 17:53 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

These films are nothing to do with bringing life to Tolkien's work. If Jackson just wanted to do that he'd have made one two-hour stand alone Hobbit movie. Jackson should be hung, drawn and quartered for these abominations.

I agree it's a pile of cack.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Hobbit...battle of the Five Armies on 18:22 - Dec 21 with 1219 viewsdickythorpe

I picked up the Hobbit as a kid and read about half of the first page then i remembered I had a copy of Titbits in my school bag.
The Hobbit...battle of the Five Armies on 22:05 - Dec 21 with 1166 viewsLord_Bony

To try and make three long films from about 8 pages? about the Hobbit is wearing the story line a bit thin.

This was certainly the case of the fist one released about 2 years ago..

Have to say I liked this recent offering purely on entertainment value on the big screen..I have nt read the books as I find that style of writing a bit hard work...but that s just me,certainly Tolkien was a literary giant....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Hobbit...battle of the Five Armies on 11:09 - Dec 23 with 1076 viewsCatullus

You havery to read the books, imagination is so much better than any big screen adaptation.
That said, I enjoyed the films, if I kept reminding myself they weren't true representations of Tolkiens work.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024