Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window 10:04 - Dec 19 with 2083 viewsthomasJack

GARRY Monk wants three new signings when the transfer window opens in 12 days’ time.

The Swansea City boss insists he will not panic buy in the mid-season market.

But ideally, he would like to add to his options in defence, midfield and attack.

“We need to strengthen,” he said.

“We have talked about having two players for every position so the levels of competitiveness are right.

“I won’t rush anything – they have to be the right players coming in because I don’t just want a stop-gap – but we do need those two or three bodies to come in.”

Monk has reiterated that he would like to sign a striker, particularly as Wilfried Bony could be away for well over a month with the Ivory Coast.

He is also keen on a full-back – having failed to get one before the August deadline – and a midfielder, although he has rejected talk of a move for Colombian international Alexander Mejia.

“I have talked about a striker, and it could be that we look at a loan with a view to something longer-term,” Monk added.

“Full-back is another one. Neil Taylor is the only recognised left-back we have and he needs to be pushed. We could look for a player capable of playing on both sides – it depends, like all of them, on affordability and availability.

“And with Ki Sung-Yueng going away, midfield could be another position we look at, but it has to be the right player.

“If we can’t get the right one, we won’t do anything.”

Asked about Mejia, Monk said: “Names will be bandied around at this time of year, but that’s not one we’re looking at.”

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Garry-Monk-says-Swansea-City-need-signin
Follow us: @SWEveningPost on Twitter | SWEveningPost on Facebook

Poll: Next signing

Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 10:35 - Dec 19 with 2033 viewsApeShit

No shit.
Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 11:08 - Dec 19 with 1974 viewsbluenile

Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 10:35 - Dec 19 by ApeShit

No shit.

Pathetic reply.........................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 11:28 - Dec 19 with 1938 viewsApeShit

Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 11:08 - Dec 19 by bluenile

Pathetic reply.........................

Are you OK?
Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 11:39 - Dec 19 with 1909 viewsWarwickHunt

Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 11:28 - Dec 19 by ApeShit

Are you OK?

He's a bit dotty...
Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 14:08 - Dec 19 with 1726 viewsLeonisGod

What does he know, as he hasn't consulted the wise old sages on PS yet. Maybe just putting the finishing touches to his poll...

Things haven't really changed since the summer then in terms of priorities. If we can get 2 or 3 decent players in each of those positions (LB, DCM, CF) it will be a good window. Unless we lose people.......
Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 20:25 - Dec 19 with 1506 viewsAl_Bundy

Unless we get a striker in from day one of the window i can't see the point to be honest.

Also where are we going to get a goal scorer from mid season ??

A loanee maybe !?
Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 20:30 - Dec 19 with 1500 viewsDr_Winston

I'm not convinced of the need to bring in a striker, unless Gomis gets injured. He's patiently waited for his chance all season so far and to add another forward to the mix would be a bit of a kick in the teeth. If all we want is cover then Emnes or Barrow will fill a gap for a month.

New fullbacks with the ability to displace both Rangel and Taylor are an absolute must. Was interesting to read Monk's comments on Taylor in the original article. I'd also be looking for Leon's long term replacement too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 20:32 - Dec 19 with 1491 viewsMrSwan

Campbell/Munir/Januzaj (Loan)
Kevlak
Adam Mathews

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 21:24 - Dec 19 with 1430 viewsApeShit

Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 20:30 - Dec 19 by Dr_Winston

I'm not convinced of the need to bring in a striker, unless Gomis gets injured. He's patiently waited for his chance all season so far and to add another forward to the mix would be a bit of a kick in the teeth. If all we want is cover then Emnes or Barrow will fill a gap for a month.

New fullbacks with the ability to displace both Rangel and Taylor are an absolute must. Was interesting to read Monk's comments on Taylor in the original article. I'd also be looking for Leon's long term replacement too.

This.

Why the hell did we bring Gomis in? I bet he's on a fair wage.

Fullbacks are a must, but it is going to be difficult to get permanent replacements in the January window.
Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 08:12 - Dec 20 with 1250 viewsblaine_scfc

Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 21:24 - Dec 19 by ApeShit

This.

Why the hell did we bring Gomis in? I bet he's on a fair wage.

Fullbacks are a must, but it is going to be difficult to get permanent replacements in the January window.

We all knew this in pre season right up until deadline day regarding fullbacks, but nothing was done. No good moaning about it now, we will probably have to make do with what we have until pre season unless a decent loanee becomes available.
Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 08:36 - Dec 20 with 1238 viewssomersetsimon

Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 20:30 - Dec 19 by Dr_Winston

Isn't Emnes meant to be our 3rd choice striker?

The original article implies that we tried and failed to sign a full back over the summer. Who were we looking at?
Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 08:46 - Dec 20 with 1229 viewsjack247

Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 08:36 - Dec 20 by somersetsimon

Isn't Emnes meant to be our 3rd choice striker?

The original article implies that we tried and failed to sign a full back over the summer. Who were we looking at?

Yes and I don't think many have an issue with him filling that role. When Bony is out, potentially for a month though he becomes second choice striker and I think whether he is up to that would divide opinion.

We were rumoured to be after timothee kolozieck at least. I'm sure I have misspelt his surname. Not sure what happened to him.
Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 09:00 - Dec 20 with 1205 viewsApeShit

I'm not too bothered whether we sign another striker, but full backs are a must.
Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 11:56 - Dec 20 with 1098 viewsScoobyWho

Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 08:12 - Dec 20 by blaine_scfc

We all knew this in pre season right up until deadline day regarding fullbacks, but nothing was done. No good moaning about it now, we will probably have to make do with what we have until pre season unless a decent loanee becomes available.

How do you know nothing has been done ?
How do you know the club hasn't lined up sufficient cover and new players ready for January ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 12:25 - Dec 20 with 1077 viewsjack247

Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 09:00 - Dec 20 by ApeShit

I'm not too bothered whether we sign another striker, but full backs are a must.

Agree. I'm not too comfortable with Emnes being #2 for a month, but at the moment we have Jazz covering both full back positions. That should be more of a priority.
Garry Monk says Swansea City need three new signings in transfer window on 17:29 - Dec 20 with 948 viewsCatullus

My thoughts exactly. Two fullbacks and cover for Ki are what we need most. Gomis deserves a run and Emnes has done ok for us there. Barrow should also get more game time.
For the kind of loan fee it would take to get a suitable striker, we'd be better off spending it on buying a promising young striker. In my opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024