Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey in the AM role 23:40 - Dec 20 with 2784 viewsC_jack

What did we think of this today? in comparison to Jonjo's performances as a deeper midfielder.

I didn't watch the game live, but watching MOTD now it's a bloody delight to see him getting shots off and pulling strings, while playing with a huge smile at the same time.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Shelvey in the AM role on 10:54 - Dec 21 with 587 viewsIslander

AM is his only realistic option for us - and he is way behind Siggy in so many aspects - hence the transfer speculation.

Can see him flourish at somewhere like Newcastle where Tiote aggressively dominates CM allowing JJS to roam and make the risky plays/mistakes (without having to think too much)
Shelvey in the AM role on 11:47 - Dec 21 with 562 viewsjackrabbit

Shelvey: No he's not a top-top player - if he was he wouldn't be with us. And yes he should have scored from Carroll's peach of a cross, but give the 'keeper some credit for a great stop. And yes his free kick was woeful.

But, he did score the only goal which won the match (yes I know technically it was Ki's) and he is the only Swan who can shoot from the edge of the penalty box without either hitting the corner flag or landing in row ZZ. We saw plenty of that in the Spurs game. In fact he was unlucky with a second low shot that rebounded off the post. And he always looks like he wants to score - he gets into positions where he can try a shot. Others seem happy to lay it off.

On that basis alone, he is worth his place. I'm a fan.
Shelvey in the AM role on 11:50 - Dec 21 with 561 viewsshandyjack

withus losing Ki for a month there is no way JJS will be leaving in Jan, he needs to nuckle down a bit but he is a quality talent and still only 22, to get rid would be foolish, he started off the season well and then went off the boil, but what a talent he is, needs to play due to him being only player with the mentality to have a shot from outside the box, he had a good game yesterday and he seems to be the go to player to slate regardless of result

Poll: Expectation for the season

Shelvey in the AM role on 12:05 - Dec 21 with 539 viewsParlay

He played very well, he will always do well in that position because he has a thunderous shot... Similar to Siggy in that respect. Jonjo, for want of a better word, can be erratic too so its better to be erratic at that end of the field than the other. Id have him AMC every time over DMC or just MC.

Siggy is one of the best in his position in the Premier League though.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Shelvey in the AM role on 12:25 - Dec 21 with 523 viewsgiantstoneater

That's why you're a doctor.
Shelvey in the AM role on 14:24 - Dec 21 with 481 viewsicecoldjack

Jonjo and Ki were both immense yesterday, really pleased for them, especially Jonjo, who shows he has something special that if it can just be harnessed correctly will be a massive asset to us .

In fact, and may get some stick for this, but we look a better team without leon at the moment, and that was also shown early season when leon was injured.

For me leon is the ultimate in controling and keeping the ball and should be used to keep us tight in the last 20 mins of games, we benifit by moving the ball quicker at times, something that Laudrup identified also.

I guess what Monk needs to do is Micro manage our midfield to ensure we get the right blend, easier said than done but with Shelvey in the team we get that bit of X factor that others can't give us.

Overall it was yet another patchy performance but the raw materials are there which is very heartning .

Do we suffer by playing both Ki and Britton together i wonder ?

Difficult problem to solve but if we are hard nosed about it , we have won more games without leon this season than with him, it will be interesting to see what Monk goes for in the next game.

One other thing, Monk must take massive credit for making changes yesterday, some were forced but even so it took balls to make some of those selections and it paid off so well done to him.

I would have got Bony on the field on 60 mins though and would have kept Jazz on the 90 mins as he was holding his own and up to speed with the game, never quite understand changing defenders late on unless its absolutely needed.

Well done Swans, massive 3 points yesterday, though Hull were one of the poorest ive seen for a while.
Shelvey in the AM role on 15:30 - Dec 21 with 452 viewsdameedna

Shelvey in the AM role on 08:24 - Dec 21 by Dr_Winston

There is very little difference in terms of ability between Sigurdsson and Shelvey. Shelvey is arguably even more naturally gifted.

There is however a yawning chasm in terms of mental application, common sense and consistency, which is what makes the difference.

Glad to see Shelvey get a run but missed out on seeing Gylfi in the flesh this time. Looks like GS has been carrying a knock. I have been critical of Kemy in the past. Gylfi is a top athlete.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024